So Barbatos is the Hyper-Adapter, right? If so, was it made by Darkseid? Or did he just discover it?

So Barbatos is the Hyper-Adapter, right? If so, was it made by Darkseid? Or did he just discover it?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93813971/#93821114
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95302064/#95302218
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What Judge Dredd comics is this?

One of the worst.

It had no clear origin before. Darkseid released it to pursue Bruce and eventually destroy the entire universe, with the implication that it was some Apokolips tool, but it was never outright stated to have been created by Darkseid or anything like that.

What the fuck is this gay shit

"You can't be Batman, I'm Batman!"

Scott Snyder's masturbatory fan fiction.

You know a lot of this is fucking stupid. Snyder can't write for shit (except maybe Swamp Thing). But I got to admit, The Red Death issue was all sorts of ridiculous fun. Hope the other Bat-Leaguers have the same kind of Silver Age dumb fun

HOW WILL THE JUSTICE LEAGUE BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE UNIMAGINABLE MENACE OF EVIL VERSIONS OF THEMSELVES?!?!

THE STEAKS HAVE NEVER BEEN HIGHER, AS THE LEAGUE BATTLES FOR THEIR LIVES AGAINST A MENACE THAT HAS ONLY BEEN USED 37 TIMES BEFORE!!

Okay so you know how in an infinite multiverse there are an infinite number of worlds where things go bad? That's where each evil Batman/Justice League stand-in are from, a world that was doomed to get destroyed and ended up in the Dark Multiverse. Each one is a Bruce that made poor choices, and each represent one of his fears. Big one in the back is Barbatos or whatever, don't ask me where he came from

So like the Cancerverse, only dumber and completely Bat-God themed?

I suppose. Its a Batman event, so I guess they have to be Bat-themed? Bruce was used in some weird ass ritual so they could cross over, maybe Barbatos picked these specific people from the multiverse in some sort of cosmic irony, fuck if I know

>So like the Cancerverse
It's reverse Cancerverse. They're from universes doomed to destruction and (at least Red Death, which is the only one with a backstory issue at this point) want to destroy the main one to save their own people (well, just a city in Red Death's case).

They're the Evil Batmen from an Evil Bat-Multiverse that's rule by Barbatos, who we thought it was merely Darkseid's Hyper-Adapter but is actually an evil Bat-God. They entered to the main Multiverse thanks to Batman and METALS, chief among them the Batmanium.

How would Cancerverse work in DC considering how different Marvel Death and DC Death are?

...Why does the batmobile have District 9 guns on it? Did Batman steal prawn tech?

He rigged the Batmobile with a Cosmic Treadmill knockoff, strapped Barry to the hood to feed off his energy, and then collided with the Speed Force thus becoming The Red Death by literally fusing with Barry. Barry is helplessly screaming in Bruce's head

Wait, I thought Barbatos and the Hyper Adapter were two different things.

they were it basically got corrupted by Thomas hurt and assumed the idenity of a christian demonic figure named barbatos

God, I remember loving that movie.

So are the giant District 9 guns the cosmic treadmill? Or lightning devices used to strip barry of the speed force? Either way, they seem a little too on model to be shout outs and it just seems like the artist stole the gun design.

You're treading autistic levels of complaints here, user. I'm pretty sure a dozen video games have used similar models

see

an example would be cool

Look it up your damn self, all Im saying is its a rather trivial complaint. You want to bitch about something, bitch about Snyder's weak ass writing

The hyper-adapter originally gained the bat form after possessing Bruce in the future, getting separated from him and then thrown through time. Dr. Hurt then found him in that form and called him Barbatos, identifying him with a demon.

One interpretation before was that he was given the name of a different entity to the hyper adapter, but now it seems like its name really was Barbatos, since they've talked about him pursuing Bruce through time, so this Barbatos is that very same Hyper Adapter.

no evidence, responding with anger at a "trivial complaint", tendency to latch on to a single concept, and yet complains about autism. Now this is what I call a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

So are any chance these evil Batmans might try and repent or are they all past the point of no return, also aquabat is top tier

Darkseid doesn't really "invent." The Ancestor Box might just be a holdover from his father's reign

Red Death seems like he might be redeemable based on what was shown so far.

nothing about it, except for maybe the multiverse part, was silver age you fucking casual

I'm tired of people equating high concept with silver age. Thats not what silver age means and it just makes you look like a fucking pleb that is trying too hard to fit in.

so its like a causality loop where he is named after a myth that is created because of his own actions in his time traveling future.

man I'm not following this at all

no anti life batman?

How does that even work?

This, in fact the extremely edgy aesthetic itself is antithetical to the silver age since the CCA shaped the silver age, let alone the actual events or themes of the book.

How is the bullshit he pulled with Barry on the Batmobile not silver age stupid shit?

babyseid is hilarious

Oh please, Batman's panel of wanting the Speed Force is straight out of those Silver Age covers.

>Batmanium

how edgy

It's the Speed Force, I ain't got to explain shit.
Probably some off-screen explanation about their molecules being unstable and their bodies phasing into each other or something. I don't know.

Correct me if i'm wrong : The Hyper-Adapter is a device sent by Darkseid to kill Batman threw time(why does he want to kill Batman so badly?), then it took the form of a giant-bat-demon (Barbatos) after many adventures, then it's finally confined by the justice league, and then it is released by a sect of owls thanks to batman + metal.
My question is : Why that Hyper-adaptater brought all the evil batman and wants to destroy earth now?

Okay, now I have to read this.
t.Wallyfag

So it's Hickvengers?

The red death issue was a waste : The disgrace/fall down of Bruce into an evil monster should take more than one comic.
It's such a cool thing : Batman is perhaps the most unbreakable hero.

You know as much as I love Metal I don't like how every artifact is getting connected to it.
At least the wondy stuff will be retconed within the next few years like everything wondy but it could take decades for somebody to do something with aquamans tridant.

I'm looking at the storytime for the casting and I am surprised by how little reaction the shazam reveal got.
Maybe it is because so many elements had been added to the story already that new ones stopped feeling special.

It adapted.

>rebirth was supposed to course correct the edgy shit
>this is the first Big post-Rebirth Event
That didn't take long.

I was expecting the dark multiverse to be some edgelord universe. But all that it seems to be is a 'when things go wrong' universe, not that much different to the regular multiverse.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/93813971/#93821114
Kek

I just finished the two preludes.
Is the event itself filled with that much stupid shit? Chiefly the lots of new metahumans with nth metal and all the artifacts are nth metal stuff or is it more focused on the dark universe itself? I liked the mech right at the start.

>nth metal
Batmanium

You know it's funny. I see mongul in cartoons all the time but this is the first time I have seen him in a comic.
I'm gonna withhold judgment on that for now until i see it in context

>and wants to destroy earth now?
It always wanted to destroy Earth. Bruce's last time jump was originally supposed to result in the end of the world, although he ended up defeated and so that was avoided.

The Dark Universe stuff seems to really start by the end of the 2nd issue.

>that fucking mech
Why can we only get cool shit like that when it's attached to a shitty story like this

desuarchive.org/co/thread/95302064/#95302218

I have a question. How did cyborg not know who red tornado is? Has it really been that long since he last showed up?

I really thought they would stop at all the artifacts are linked but now all the special places are linked as well god fucking dammit.

At least it will be easy to ignore in future.

Absolutely the worst thing about this event is how it constantly tries to link fucking everything together with unified origins.
I am especially pissed about namba pabat.

>but now all the special places are linked as well
What? When did it do that?

Another attempt at trying to make a "bad" batman.

Its hilarious how batman himself can never be the villain in any story. It always has to be some alternate universe batman who has powers or some bad guy stole batman's plans to defeat the justice league.

Didn't we already have a story about a dark multiverse?

I took that as that the metal spots results from special places of varying different and unrelated origins exerting effects on the world not that all the various special places are special because of an effect by the metal. The line about some being magically induced or natural seems to suggest their origins are unrelated.

That's the thing, I assumed that all the Dark Multiverse worlds already had crazy batmen, like in the Red Death

There was a Multiverse-2.

I don't think that is what it meant but it sounds plausible enough that I am going to tell myself it is that for the sake of my sanity.

Wasn't it convergence that made the second multiverse?
Did blackhawk not know about the other regular multiverse? Do the other multiverse have dark multiverses?

I'm thinking if the metal made all those places some wouldn't be natural and others magically made places. Can't think why the metal would naturally make a special spot and then magically make a different special spot.

I wonder if they are ignoring the posibility that the energy came from one of the regular multiverses to keep the story from getting bogged down.

Convergence may not have actually happened anymore now that the Superman of that event had his history changed to have never been part of that setting.

>Do the other multiverse have dark multiverses?
Considering how dm is described as regular multiverse's shadow, there's probably a dark multiverse for every multiverse.

I think it's a single dark multiverse connected to all the other multiverses.

Post your favorite page so far.

I thought that there only was 52 different universes.

52 is just the local group. There's an infinite number beyond it, though they're harder to reach. The infinite multiverse was brought back in Convergence.

t. brainlet

I just finished the first issue and so far it's the final page of it.
If I had known ma nigga daniel was in this I would have picked it up sooner.

No, Barbatos is the hyper adaptor
He got beaten so he came back stronger

So what are the issues the other three metals were put in batman?

I just got to this part.
I like it. Metal itself is far better than the preludes.