Dark Multiverse thread

The concept of infinite doomed what ifs are very interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X5Rw1x_rRBc
youtube.com/watch?v=VwzPSx1our4
tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_stream
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree. I liked the red death issue..reminded me of Hickmans work.

Not really. No

Yup really.

Does this mean Marvel is just Dark Multiverse cancer meant to be destroyed?

>There exists a universe where Kite Man killed everyone

>translation:I'm a Dcfag trying to start company war bullshit.

It has some similarity. Infinte plus screwed up choices.

I wonder if there's a bleed or even the stuff Morrison made. Or the vibration of pre crisis.

Maybe no dark anti matter verse.

there's a tacit agreement within DC and Marvel to use the same multiverse structure

So the Bleed exists in both multiverses

But does this one have it?

Does there really need to be a dark multiverse? Seriously why doesn't DC just have infinite worlds instead of this 52 earths bullshit?

Undoes the last part of crisis. Which they want to least keep the old promise of never being the same again.

>An infinite amount of evil multiverses centered around evil versions of Batman.

What a waste.

Well the fact they keep making TV shows and movies that aren't on any of those 52 earths kinda fuck things up.

Those are seperate multiverses.

There's a green arrow one too.

Blame Hyper Adapter, he wanted an ironic defeat considering Batman was the doorway to Earth. That and its a Snyder Batwank arc. We can brainstorm other JL evil mashups if you'd like

>Those are seperate multiverses.
How the fuck does that make sense?

They should put Injustice there.

Media multiverse like injustice multiverse or cw multiverse are seperate.

Outside of the comics multiverse.

>He doesn't know about the Omniverse
Lmaoing at your life

DC's logic here is that since there are infinite earths/timelines being created, there are an infinite number simultaneously getting destroyed. Its this void where all what if's and bad ends go like some cosmic storm drain.

What DC's doing is too fucking complicated, I like Marvel's way better of just having an infinite number of Earths and leaving it at that.

I'm just glad its evil Batman instead of Evil Superman.

they arent all based around evil batman just these ones we see

> infinite doomed what ifs
LITERALLY homestuck. fucking hacks.

Do you even omniverse nigger

Its not that hard of a concept to grasp.
>Infinite number of what if Earths
>Infinite number of what if bad ends that go to oblivion

What if Batman tried to take over Japan with industrial lathe monsters?

Sounds nice.

>lumping in the media universes with the comics

Come on man

yeah we're living in one.

Honestly we could end up putting Injustice Earth, that one Elseworld where Kal-El's rocket kills the Waynes, the Marvel Ruins Earth, Marvel Zombies Earth in the Dark Multiverse.

>there's a tacit agreement within DC and Marvel to use the same multiverse structure
Proof?
DC has multiple multiverses as of Multiversity. They could've just used one of those.

I forgot about distant fires.

what about actual doomed worlds in the 52?

That world's not doomed by any means, I guess technically the 'nazis' are in charge, but they presumably aren't racists after Overman found out about the holocaust.

Those are stable even with evil. And only 4 are destroyed in that multiverse by invaders or their own.

Plus he Morrison 52 multiverse is positive and anti matter group together.

While the dark multiverse is made from unstable dark matter.

>the Dark Batmen look like complete horrors because not unlike Eldric Horrors, they are out in deep space. in the Batmen's case their worlds exist outside the known multiverse

yeah the Nazis world wasn't as bad as a world run by Nazis normally is
where usually writes make it out to be an awful racist world or maybe a perfect world depending who you ask
Morrison wrote the world society that was "perfect" but that perfection was a problem because it is also a grey world at stagnation, and built on the blood of innocents.
being built that way haunts the heroes of the world. Especially Overman, and rebels aren't portrayed as heroes fighting for a just cause. They're terrorists blinded by vengeance who will kill more innocents for their justice. Maybe you could say that maybe they're right until the worst possible scenario occurs...

Would be fitting considering how fucked that universe is.

My only problem with the Dark Multiverse is that it seems very plot-devicey. A multiverse where the worlds are constantly being destroyed and recreated in different ways makes things convenient for the writers, since it means they can just make up whatever kind of world they want and not have to be stuck with it latter on, but from a world building perspective, it just comes across as lazy.

It reminds me of the old school version of red kryptonite. Unlike all the other colors of kryptonite, which always had a consistent effect on Superman, red kryptonite's effect was random, so it was different every story. Also unlike every other color, red kryptonite had a built-in time limit, lasting only 24 hours. Many red kryptonite stories were fun and entertaining, but it was hard to get over the fact that all of them relied on an incredibly cheap plot-device.

It is:

youtube.com/watch?v=X5Rw1x_rRBc

youtube.com/watch?v=VwzPSx1our4

It was always the purpose of multiverse.
I was never found of it : Why do they want to justify so badly some spin off?

I'd like to see that.

That was true of the old silver age multiverse, but they fixed it by making two changes.

1. 52 restricted the multiverse to a limited number of universes. This was a good decision, because it disincentivizes writers from using the multiverse as disposable canon fodder. Infinity minus one means nothing, you still have infinite more universes to blow up. But fifty-two minus one means you have only fifty-one universes from then on, so each universe is precious.

2. Multiversity defined (almost) all of the universes. This prevents writers from creating lame throwaway universes that only exist for the sake of a single story. They have to find a way to make their stories function within the framework of what's already established.

The Dark Multiverse seems like a lot of the worst parts of the old multiverse, turned up to 11.

Okay I haven't been into sentai stuff since I was 10 but that shit looked cool.

anyone got a list of destroyed worlds in the 52?

Earth 3. Earth 2 but it got rebooted. Earth 7. Earth 15.

I want more of earth 45

Superdoom was rad

>we can only have 52 universes in a multiverse
>but we can have multiple multiverses!

That means you have more than 52 universes you tards. How you arrange them doesn't matter. Fuck me, that was dumb.

Why are Morrison haters always so bitter like this?

There's only 52 in the local comic multiverse. While the media, injustice, dark multiverses are infinite.

>Superdoom helped the Multiversity during the battle with the Gentry

I found that really sweet actually.

I don't see the problem, regulsr, sustainable Multiverses center around Superman, dark, self defeating cancer verses center around Batman. It's lime poetry, it rhymes.

if Earth-2 could get rebooted I hope Earth-3 could too
my autism triggers me this way
if it does come back I hope it's world to ultrabro

Earth-7 technically isn't "destroyed" like it was never erased, it's just a wasteland.
by the end of Multiversity 2 Empty Hand sits on a throne to its waste
other post-apoclypse worlds exist.
Earth-17 and 51 are still alive
and Earth-15 still holds the cosmic grail that lets it still be there

But there's no reason to call it the dark multiverse. the multiverse already implies there are worlds that shit the bed.

I'm pretty sure the Bleed came from Wildstorm

This is a multiverse of worlds that are doomed to die in crisis-style events through wrong choices and succumbing to characters' vices. Sort of like how the rule on Earth-3 is that evil always wins, these worlds are literally doomed to fail. They are a series of worlds that should not exist, yet do.

I think the implication is that old "with every choice, you literally create a world" concept. The dark multiverse is where your nightmares go, and where every thought that makes you go "jesus christ, why did i THINK that?" disappears to after you dismiss it.

They're destroyed in their own ways. 7 is broken. 3 is consumed of energy.

15 had its earth blow up by Vollthooms insanity.

I thought Earth-15 was destroyed by Superboy Prime? did they change it for the new 52?

Changed monthes ago in rebirth.

Sauce? Multiversity obviously is still canon in rebirth.

they're not all based around Batman you idiot. We got the Dark Knights because they used Batman as the gate for the Mantling which is why they're all based around him.

they're not all batman, we just got batman because DC got tired of people asking "what if batman got this" and "we have a bunch of evil Superman worlds, why not batman?"

Reborth made changes.

I'm not that user or a Morrison hate but it's just stupid, they shouldn't try and have a finite number of earths and then go "by the way there's other multiverses" it's just the same thing but more needlessly complicated.

Thats just every marvel what if.

They don't *actually* have infinite multiverses, there's technically a finite number of those too. I'm pretty sure the CW-verse is still limited to 52, the DCEU one remains to be seen, as does injustice.

I can kind of see where your coming from, except a lot of the 52 universes that were made sucked as well. Hell that DC Moba that was out at the time of multiversity had some better ideas.

Recent issues of Green Lanterns have revealed that Volthoom is from Earth-15. The "Cosmic Grail" is also called the Travel Lantern and it allows free movement between the worlds of the Multiverse. Volthoom used it to escape the destruction of his world and bounced around the multiverse (including a trip to Earth-3 where a piece of his soul was used to create the Power Ring). Eventually he ended up on Earth-0 (the main DCU) where he inspired the Guardians to research the emotional spectrum and became the First Lantern. Volthoom became mentally unstable because of the emotional spectrum experiments, and one of the Guardians saw a vision of the future where Volthoom returned to Earth-15 and was himself responsible for destroying it. So the took the Travel Lantern away from him (which made him more insane) and eventually it was disassembled and used as the bases for making the Green Lanterns rings.

It was stated they're infinite in the shows

They still follow the 52 Earths thing. As far as the multiverse aware characters know there are still just 52 Earths. Multiple Multiverse is there to explain where the vidya and live action stuff fit.

Far as I understand, it's just a grouping of universes, but not the ENTIRE multiverse.

The 52 used in the current DC cosmology are just a grouping of what they're using at the moment. The Dark Multiverse is just a grouping of bad-end universes where Batman kinda causes it or something?

I kinda see it as like the Transformers universal clusters: tfwiki.net/wiki/Universal_stream

>The Dark Multiverse is just a grouping of bad-end universes where Batman kinda causes it or something?
something like that, but its more than just "Batman decides he wants to speed force"
The Red Death - All the Robins die, and Batman is aging, he's always been a little nutty, but with him "not being fast enough" to save everyone and just getting slower he goes mad trying to get the Speed Force. For all we know more friends could be dead in this world too. but it doesn't matter, the world is gone

The Batman who laughs is if Batman killed the joker, but joker had a contingency plan. Who ever kills him becomes the Joker themselves due to a virus apparently? Kinda dumb, but I think there's more to it, we haven't see anything offical

Green Lantern Batman is if he gets the ring as a child. there's some more questions there

we just have to wait and see

Pretty sure they explicitly stated that Smallville's was infinite. That spiral shit?

Why does every big Morrison fanboy assume that any criticism means absolute loathing? Morrison's written some very good stuff. Doesn't mean he's incapable of being really stupid sometimes.

The 52 Earths in the multiverse but infinite multiverses thing IS stupid and needlessly complicated. Functionally it comes down to there being infinite universes.

It's literally not complicated at all. The main 52 Earths share the orrery and all the thematic connections and shit and there's other shit out there too, that's literally it.

>underwaterman

>if it does come back I hope it's world to ultrabro

I actually kinda miss the old CSA who were just mildly dicks who simply stole stuff. Was glad that Buccellato remembered how they were for the Convergence mini even if he did have the DC1M characters job to them.

I think they should've just done the full-on Multiverse instead of just 52, but I'm guessing they use only 52 for branding purposes.

But in theory there should be multiple Multiverses. There'd be a timeline where COIE happened and there'd be another timeline where COIE didn't happen. And if it didn't happen then it'd mean there's a Pre-COIE multiverse still running as is.

>another timeline where COIE didn't happen.
See Convergence

It's a silly convoluted excuse for having a powerpoint presentation map of 52 universes as well as infinite universes. If there are local groups of universes then there's one multiverse with infinite universes, not multiple multiverses.

>Sort of like how the rule on Earth-3 is that evil always wins
thats my point.

omniverse tho

Which is actually just another word for multiverse.

In Marvel Cosmology, a Universe is "just" a single Floor in a Building, each Building being a Multiverse, parallel to other Building\Multiverses.
616, for example, is the Quantum Address of the First Rebuilt Building(aka Main Marvel Multiverse).

Each "Block" made of a group of Buildings\Multiverses sharing specific construct details(same base-set of Abstracts, for example) can be called a "Megaverse". This idea has been used very little over the years.

The Totality of all buildings is a City\Omniverse

This can kind of applied to the DC system, possibly.

I can't even tell if they acknowledge that or not. I mean they kinda acknowledge Lois and Clark's stuff (and I think Parallax as well?) but I don't know about the rest.

I hate when DC or Marvel does multiverse events. The universes are always so interesting, but after the event, they fade into obscurity.

I loved the X-men comic starring Dazzler as she went through the multiverse killing evil Xaviers. So many worlds and fun concepts, then it went and got cancelled. Ugh.

Basically, they made a mess.

it's like countdown, not really canon even if some things get referenced

>but after the event, they fade into obscurity.
That I can live with, then it'sas easy as remembering them to bring them back.
It's when the writer decides they're fake universes and characters whose only role is to be destroyed to raise the stakes.

>While the dark multiverse is made from unstable dark matter.
If it's all made of dark matter, how does anyone in the regular multiverse see them and shit? Did the ritual convert them to regular matter?

Dark matter solidified.

> savior of earth-44 is literally grant morrison
but it's okay when HE does it