Sup Forums on guns

Should Trump incentivize concealed carry by offering federally funded handgun training? This would of course be optional.

Another thought is why does the military get bids for arms using our tax dollars but we do not? Obviously this is done so that the unit price drops dramatically but why is the beneficiary the government and not the people that prop it up?

Should we, as citizens, demand civilian bids for cc handguns so more people are able to afford self defense? Pick related. About 350 dollars right now and serves nearly every purpose. Just imagine what you would need to pay if it was mass produced and contracted out. On a side note for those who cry supply and demand, what is your alternative? Statistically, when more people have guns crime goes down. I expect this is because of the uncertainty of being shot. Just imagine a world where 50% of the populace has a gun in their pocket. Crime, the government, (some)police... Mugging someone over 50 dollars would get you shot in the back by an onlooker. Crime would vanish.

Your opinions?
>pic is Taurus .38 special + P, 5 rounds

Other urls found in this thread:

ruger.com/products/lcrx/models.html
murdercube.com/meet/colorado/
youtube.com/watch?v=v0k56pS_u3Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I mean it should be a right to carry without permit period, but training is ALWAYS good.

I think handgun age should be 18 and training mandatory in highschool.

>Mandatory firearms training
I too, hate the freedom to choose to exercise my rights. The State truly is based.

I hope he can fix how hard it is to get a handgun in New York

More training is always good. More laws about guns is always bad.

This seems like a Sup Forums question, but I'll give my input having owned the Taurus (same model but with a hammer). It's an OK revolver, but Taurus has had some quality control issues, and mine had a manufacturers defect which took months to get them to fix it. I finally ended up trading it in on a Ruger LCRx. Little more expensive but you get what you pay for. Also, I highly recommend hammer over none hammer. But to each his own.

ruger.com/products/lcrx/models.html

Meant to say /k/ not Sup Forums

I would say the hammerless makes it more idiot proof. Less (even if the chance was already abysmal) chance of snagging on draw and lint or whatever getting in the firing mechanism. There's a reason why glocks continuously win bids for police departments. It's because they are hard to misuse and fairly reliable even after years of abuse. However the cost is less than ideal and most people don't need 20 bullets at the ready. Basically, it doesn't need to be Taurus. But I think a compact 38 revolver would be fairly suitable for nearly all civilians considering the low cost, minimal recoil, price of ammunition for practice, and ease of use. But that's just my opinion.

Hazgunz k/ommando here!

I say no subsidies cause muh libertarianism. However, making gunsaftey/smithing/care a highschool course would be sickkkkkkk!

That being said, I would totally support a charity organization which offers classes to seniors and women and helps get them trained up and armed up.

Civilian mass purchases could be a part of said charity organization. Really gunculture needs to be taken out of the closet and once again enshrined prominently in our daily lives again.

>Taurus
I too CC a live grenade

Which brand of Glock?

So whats your tactic, when you get mugged do you just hand them the Taurus and tell them to skin that smoke wagon and go to work?

"Here take my gun, you are going to have to shoot me with it to get my wallet"

M8, reliable compact semi autos are made by glock among many other brands that can be smaller than a j frame revolver or roughly the same size with greater capacity and shoot more powerful ammunition.

9mm>38 special

Not to mention that self defense 9mm is still cheaper than plinking 38spl.

Shooting classes used to be a thing high school students could take. Hell, one of the optional units of my physical fitness (haha yeah amerifats I know) was an archery class. Being an avid deer hunter, I took the archery class and basically ended up teaching it with another hunter friend.

I think exposing more people to guns and bows would help get rid of the negative stigma surrounding these weapons and would teach people a new respect.

Hell i keep a taurus judge in my truck. Good gun, except for th .45 colt refuses to allow the cylinder to turn sometimes. Weirdest shit. I just load it with the .410 personal defense rounds, it never has issues cycling the 410. Why so much hate for taurus?

Here's what it should be:

>18+ can buy a handgun, just like a rifle
>national open carry
>national reciprocity of concealed carry permits
>national stand your ground and castle doctrine laws
>CCP requires brief (less than 4 hour) class regarding safe handling and laws regarding self defense. Course fees shall not exceed $50. Ideally there would be a federally funded program for training instructors.

That's for handguns... Here are some more general things that should be done:

>kill state and city level bans on specific firearms
>kill magazine limits
>kill universal background checks
>make NICS available for private use for ~$5 per transaction to encourage background checks for private sales
>remove suppressors from NFA

B-B-B-BONUS ROUND!!!
>kill Hughes amendment
>kill 1968 Gun Control Act/922(r) requirements

I like you. You got the right idea. Especially with incentivizing private background checks. Government regulation never works as well as personal responsibility.

I live in Colorado and we have UBC. Having to go to a shop and both get background checks is stupid.

If it was MY CHOICE to do a background check and I could do it over the phone or from a website for a small fee. I would probably do it willingly for piece of mind.

If someone doesn't want to hand their driver's license over and answer a few questions, I don't wanna sell them a gun.

PROTIP: the social security number on a 4473 is 100% optional. I've never written in my SSN and no gun shop has ever said anything about it.

It'd be nice if we can do that. The Swiss don't have a negative stigma with weapons due to a long history of hunting.

Is it cheaper? I thought it was roughly the same price per round.
That being said can you buy new 9mm semis for the price of 350?

whats your opinion on automatic weapons? armour peircing rounds?

Background checks aren't that bad but I agree with everything else you said. Also, I find it interesting you didn't mention the waiting period for some places. Thoughts?

That was in my bonus round. I would like to see automatic firearms available. I have a bumpfire stock on one my my ARs, there isn't much difference there in practical terms. I fully expect companies to rape us on autos, but I wouldn't care. Really we would just end up with a bunch of drop in auto sears for ARs.

I would be OK with registering autos and paying a tax stamp (I didn't say revoke the NFA, but I'd be cool with that).

Armor piercing rounds are available and I don't see why anyone cares. Armor isn't fucking magic. A high powered rifle is going through most body armor anyway. It's the cheapest .50bmg that you can buy.

I didn't mention them because I don't know all of the details of buying a firearm in shitholes like CA or IL. They should be eliminated 100%. I wouldn't mind a federal law letting people return unfired firearms purchased from an FFL if they change their mind though. That seems fairly reasonable. Buyer would need to cover shit like shipping and whatnot though. It shouldn't cost the FFL money to accpet such a buyer's-remorse return.

Armor piercing is fine. I feel if automatic was legal there would be issues with friendly fire. inexperienced people would just point and hold down the trigger. Adrenaline might not let them think rationally.
It would be interesting if you could take a test to qualify for one though.

Bring back rifle pistol in highschools

I wouldn't mind a $200 tax stamp and an ~8 hour course for FA. But I don't see why any of it matters, not that many people would actually have them.

Scared people would keep pulling the trigger too. Nor that much difference.

The more I think about it, the more I think that the tax stamp isn't a bad way to handle FAs. I just think they should be available and newly manufactured ones should be transferable.

Speaking of tax stamps. KILL 41P but keep the provision that removes the LEO signoff requirement.

GET RID OF MACHINE GUN BANS

Background checks are defacto registration. Each FFL that runs a check on you has to keep the record for 25 years, and if you buy more than one handgun in a week the ATF is notified. I live in a free state where cash n carry is legal. You dont need any paperwork but a signed bill of sale with a drivers liscence number is always smart

20 years, I think.

Private availability of NICS would not require a private citizen to keep a for for 20 years.

I'm frankly not concerned about "registration" as long as the country isn't constantly chipping away at our rights. I'm not saying MAKE EVERYTHING LEGAL, NO STEP ON SNEK, REEEEEEEEE

I'm trying to keep it real.

Colorado here too man. 719 feelsgood.

I understand that gun laws are important but my other point was discussing means to arm the populous. Even if it is just a shitty revolver, the more people who have guns the better and I think a bi-annual bid for the most effective CC would be great. The government does all the same tests it does for the military and the most qualified is subsidized by the government per recorded sale. I'm not an expert on this though so if anyone has a better method I'm all ears.

I'm in Adams County.

murdercube.com/meet/colorado/

Basically the government offers rebates for concealed carry guns that have the best reliability to cost ratio while at the same time offering sponsored gun safety courses.

You're an idiot, 9mm and 38 special are essentially the same bullet. I own a glock, and have owned subcompact glocks, but they are way too heavy to carry for a ccw, j-frame revolvers are much better.

Nice trips m80

This aint some kind of honeypot mailing list right?

Why do we need to arm the populous? If someone wants a gun, they should be able to get one. People have the right to refuse a firearm too.

The best I would offer is an ELECTIVE gym class in high school. It would replace traditional gym class and require students to perform basic aerobics and cardio along with basic weapons drills. There would be shooting of rimfire rifles and also archery.

Maybe you could have an advanced class/group with pistols for students that participate in the other class for 2+ years.

Hunter safety courses/tests should also be part of this curriculum.

Nope just some gun toting Sup Forums faggots that shitpost and occasionally meet up to shoot nuggets and shit.

We had shooting classes in the Soviet Estonian highscool.

There will always be people who pop in to post once about something unrelated to the topic. That being the case he's basically arguing that more bullets are better even if it makes the gun heavier, more bloated, more complex, and more expensive.

38 special has roughly 3/5 the energy as a 9mm.

Kill yourself you fucking retard.

And youre wrong too, modern semi autos are not more conplex than a double action revolver. A quality revolver costs as much or more than a semi auto too.

more guns the better

nignog life thing of the past

>Why do we need to arm the populous? If someone wants a gun, they should be able to get one.
I think that's the issue. A quality gun isn't a drop in the bucket it's a real investment.
The facts are:
Most crime happens in poorer inner city areas.
The density of legal gun ownership in areas directly correlate with reduced crime rates. If most people have guns crime diminishes for the fear of civilian retaliation. This is going to make me sound like a fudd but in western times most people had sidearms for wild animals, criminals, and natives. But when they went into town and drew their weapon, everyone else did the same and told him to put it away. Another example is medieval times. You draw your sword in a tavern and people drew theirs in retaliation.

Today we have cctv everywhere, plenty of police, and CC laws but I think the latter could benefit from more excersizing. We could bring about a communal mindset of deterrence via presence that was seen back in the day and I really think we need it again based on the terrorism and school shootings we keep seeing in the news.

Statistics show that you rarely need more than 2 bullets in a defensive situation.

A good .38 will do virtually anything in the real world a 9mm will; these numbers are just that: numbers.

Just offer a federal CCW class tax writeoff or grant.

Easy to implement, easy to track.

The only issue is that this creates a federal handgun registry as a side effect.

It's 38 +p you illiterate nigger. I don't care what the joules are, unarmored targets at 3-7 feet will still eat shit if you put two in the chest.

He's a nogunz who get's his sources from video games. Ignore him.

>too heavy

found the manlet

We are talking about the population as a whole. Or at least I am. That include women too.

You can buy a serviceable handgun for $200 new. It'll be a Hi-point, but that's fine.

I'm not in favor of spending tax money on buying guns (anything) for people. If they want to set aside defense budget for a $100 rebate or something without increasing the budget, I'd be OK with that.

A $100 or $200 tax rebate would also be OK.

This should be limited to one rebate per person per lifetime.

>RIGHTS
>GIVE

WE HAVE ALWAYS HAD THEM
THE FOUNDERS MERELY ENUMERATED THEM

Maybe a first time buyer program like houses? That sounds legit.

>gun market crash of 2028
lol

I would add that you need to complete an accredited CC class when submitting for the rebate.

Try harder faggot, I'm 6' 1"

Am I really the only person that thinks carrying a THICC ass revolver is less favorable than a subcompact semiauto?

Semiauto also offers faster reloads without muh moonclipz which are stupid in general.

A Glawk 43 is also the same-ish (17.95oz unloaded) as a hammerless 38spl.

guns should be tax free.

speech isn't taxed.
religious freedom isn't taxed.
voting isn't taxed.

nothing "should" be taxed. What the fuck is your point?

a $100 tax rebate would mean you get $100 back from your income taxes with submission of a receipt for a handgun and a certificate of completion from a concealed carry course.

This thread makes me proud to be american

whole usa isnt fagged out yet

fair point

i was just trying to use the religion thing to prop up the argument

>> submitting documentation regarding the purchase of a firearm to the federal government for 'tax rebates'

nope.jpg

He should fast track the hearing protection act.

My west Michigan high school offered a shooting class that you went to during school hours.
Pretty sure it still does actually.

I don't support a rebate of any sort. But if the government offers a rebate and uses my fucking tax money to pay it out, I want it to be documented.

WUT?

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY TINNITUS.

OP posts a Taurus and thinks anyone read the post without thinking the entire time about how shitty his taste is in guns. Enjoy your Brazil knock off. Best place to store a Taurus? Trashcan

Surprised OP didnt post a HiPoint

NOTHING TO SEE HERE

youtube.com/watch?v=v0k56pS_u3Q

Didnt mean to trigger you. Just thought it was a funny comic. You are of course, correct my good sir.

Are you old fudds who won't accept modern technology or young fudds who had old fudds fill them with bullshit all your lives and can't handle the thought of your idols being wrong?

I'm not saying your 38 j frame is obsolete as a weapon, you should shoot what you're most comfortable with. There are objectively better options if you're willing to search though.

It's a wheel gun but regardless that video looks fake as fuck.
Taurus has come a long way and fired the staff that produced some of their earlier models. They are a credible manufacturer now but you are free to hate them for their past flops. You come off as the type of person that puts foil on their microwave to block leaking radiation.

And the RIGHT to own an RPG. Open carry