Tropes you would LIKE to see

Tropes you would LIKE to see.

> Background/side Character in show is casually from the future and stuck in the past.

>Is crushed on by another character and they REALLY find em creepy.

>turns out in later episode its revealed said crush is their parent.

>Seemingly irrelevant servant/employee background character who appears in published comics for years is actually a powerful enemy spy that has been working for years against his/her boss

>Bad Boss is incredibly kind and gentle with his servants

>Gets harmed for once by good guy's attack

>Servant(s) go fucking berserk.

>Character yells "you'll never take me alive, assholes!' and runs from police
>quickly gets caught again
>puts their hands up and says "Please take me alive, assholes."

>villain kicks hero's ass while singing villain song.
>later, hero kicks villain's ass while singing a reprise

>girl with comically long hair uses her hair as hammerspace storage

Not a trope but rather a original idea, I just don't have anywhere to post it.
>nerd /x/phile secondary character
>is partly aware of the fourth wall and the beings behind it, but tries to hide his knowledge because he believes them (us) to be a malefic force who's currently trying to research his world, nobody cares because their cartoon world is a relatively realistic one like, say, Hey Arnold's
>over the course of the series he gets more desperate, tries to stay offscreen as much as possible, slowly covers his house in aluminium, and in the eventual episode where the main cast goes to his house he loses his shit trying to get them to stay off his room while never being able to explain why
>in the final episodes he's led to believe an apocalyptic event will fall upon his town, only to realize during the finale that this event is simply the end of the series, meaning that the end of their universe was fated from the start and there's literally nothing he can do but embrace it

>Same thing.

>But instead of finding it creepy he/or she goes with it and knocks her up/or is knocked up.

>Turns out in a later episode it's revealed said character is their own father/or mother.

>genderswap episode
>character decides to stay as the opposite gender at the end of the episode OR is forced to for some reason

>And said character knew the entire time.

What's with Sup Forums's incest obsession?

lack of interaction with females outside their immediate family

Sage is truly the worst X-Man.

>character accomplishes amazing, odds-defying feats through sheer dumb luck
>everyone is convinced that he's some sort of badass super warrior or tactical genius
>character is oblivious to all of this

>the villain never really had a master plan and was just winging it the whole time

No, it's horrible. Trust me, it's just stupid.

>Princess is hypnotized and forced to marry the villain.
>They make it past the honeymoon without her being rescued.
>Spends the reminder of the series a defacto sex slave.

>Princess is hypnotized and forced to marry the villain
>It's actually a sound political move, saving the country from almost certain destruction for [insert reason]
>Rather than sentence herself to a life of loveless duty or sacrifice her kingdom and family for her own pride, she chose to have a spell cast on herself
>"My brothers were willing to die for my country. Should I not be willing to live for it?"

Are most of these gonna be fetish stuff?

I'm stealing this for a novel.

The invoice for my royalties will arrive shortly.

Ditto. It would be fun to see the villain realize that fake love is meaningless and finding a way to of break her curse. Against her new personality's will.

>How could you? We were suppose to be forever.
> There's no "we" here, my dear. Only myself and a mirror.

this isn't even our final form.

seriously though, it could get a lot more fetishy.

>Heroine is brave, strong, smart, and courageous.
>Still just an average woman, and gets her ass kicked in combat.
>Spends the rest of the series in the kitchen/having sex with the hero.

But most people with incest fetishes aren't actually attracted to their own family members.

>Villian and hero have a civil debate about why their ideology is the right ideology as the final battle
>the first henchman the hero took down comes back as a surprise villain
>the evil empire the heroes were fighting gets destroyed by an even bigger empire that was hinted at in passing and the hero is at sqaure 1 again.

www cosmopolitan com/uk/love-sex/relationships/news/a43973/genetic-sexual-attraction-incest-fall-in-love-with-dad/

>Tropes you would LIKE to see.

>Two people with the exact same super power and one of them is clearly waaaaay fucking better/more powerful because they understand it/use it in more creative ways.

>The value of friendship isn't a literal force of energy or magical phenomena that just duex ex machinima's problems away, but is instead represented as the quality & dependability of the genuine and loyal people one surrounds themselves with- enabling them to overcome obstacles not through convenience, but believable team work and cooperation.

>Villain doesn't prattle on when they've lost, but face their defeat with integrity and dignity. They played the game and lost, they knew what was at risk.

>Slipping on a banana peel.

>Characters body swap, but their voice actors don't, but instead "mimic" how their switched character talks... Rick & Morty did this when Rick was in that bug's body if I'm not coming across.

>Short male with a female love interest who's WAY fuckin' taller than him.

>There's no such thing as a useless "super power" only uncreative or unmotivated people.

>Character tries to treat non-dog animal as if it were a dog. Is punished for this- preferably by the non-dog animal.

>Series Villains are NOT "conveniently" progressively more powerful: some are quite weak, some are insanely strong and in no particular order of appearance.

>two characters appear to swap bodies
>The voices swap as well
>various antics ensue
>at the end it turns out they never actually swapped bodies, they only swapped voices

Stein's Gate

>right hand henchman attempts to stop the heroes
>he nearly suceeds, but eventually loses
>reports back to the main villain, expecting to be punished or even killed
>instead, the main villain forgives him, commends him on his passion and sends him out to fight once again

>humans aren't the center of the universe
>human space cops aren't super special
>Earth isn't the origin of everything
>there are no single trait planets, everything is varied

Girls with guns.

>mysterious government person shows up to blackmail you
>bully/kill him/her if you're a hero/villain

Sorry Amanda, but it should happen.

>A character who trains to be strong beats the tar out of a character who is naturally strong

uhhh... King?

Ah yes, he's fully aware, not oblivious.

Single concept planets make sense thought.

>>there are no single trait planets, everything is varied

While maybe not as literally depicted as in starwars or other pieces of scifi media, "single biome" planets that sustain life 'are' possible and our own earth has historically been a single biome: desert, forest, ice planet, before in the past and life has been able to carry on... Though.. The Ice ball earth almost killed everything on the planet with the desert world ironically being significantly more hospitable.

Anyway, my point is it isn't too outlandish of a concept... Unless, like, you mean planets WITHOUT varying ecosystem within that spectrum, like, the desert planet isn't just an endless sand box, but also has oasis, a few jungles, rivers, some small separated seas, mudholes, badlands, etc.. Then, yeah, that's 100% impossible.

>Skeleton character is extremely quiet and calm in tone

Simpsons did it

>child hero still babied at the end of the series

>traditional hero vs villain story

>villain actually manages to defeat the hero

>villain is very surprised but pleased

>story switches from the now-dead hero's perspective to the villain's

>rest of the story focuses on the villain trying to complete his plans but struggling because he didn't think he'd make it this far

>religious character is unambiguously a good egg

>character is a rich asshole
>didn't come from money, but made it all by himself
>despite being a "hero", he never becomes humble as a result of fighting for his status, and remains an asshole

Seriously, we need more protagonists like Lex Luthor coupled with Superior Tony. At this point, you have just 2 characters:

>rich from birth, is an asshole, learns humility
or
>grew up poor, became rich, stayed a full-on villain

Why can't we have a bit of both?

Scrooge McDuck is a "hero" who built himself up from nothing, and remains a salty skinflint of an asshole for most of his life. He just has a soft spot for family.

>Because everytime he/she moves he.she rattles.
[spoilers] its how they fight [/spoilers]

Yeah, but he's a duck! I preffered Tony when he had to struggle to stay afloat, since Stark Munitions wasn't some global conglomerate. Nowadays they have him living in a huge ass Mansion since a kid, and gloss over the fact that he struggled to really become a billionaire. They're really destroyed his character.

So you jacked off to that one episode of Futurama i'm guessing

>villain becomes more anti-villain as time goes on (love redeems and all that)
>alternate personality princess becomes new villain ("I was made to love you and unite our kingdoms, darling. One way or another, I WILL BE YOUR QUEEN!")

>One of the villain's nameless mooks is just as competent as the main character
>Story-wise, there's nothing special about him, he isn't part of a special unit, he doesn't have a gimmick weapon, special powers or a custom uniform. He's just a grunt who's really good at what he does.

>a character gets superpowers and joins the police rather than becoming a masked crime fighter vigilante
>police has a SWAT team of superpowered officers

>a superhero with street-level superpowers like daredevil, Spidey or the Iron Fist carries a gun because it's really useful.

Admittedly not much of a capefag, so that last one might be more common than I know.

>single trait planets
This shit always bothered me, an entire world were everyone acts the same.

Not exactly what I was thinking of because he's still the Joker's second in command.
My thinking was more along the lines of one of these guys turning out to be just as good at firebending as Zuko.

>TFW Every time I come here to post this, someone already has

They make sense, but only if you're talking a setting where a civilization reached the point where they can casually build planet-wide theme parks via terraforming, or if you're thinking of dome colonies.

>the trap is endgame
>the milf is endgame
>sibling or cousin is endgame
>the villain is endgame

Anything to spice up usual romances.

>Two faceless henchmen of different rival villains have a personal rivalry between each other.
>Both of them keep moving up the ranks, eventually becoming fully fledged villains, with their rivalry still going strong

>the milf is endgame
Why does this never fucking happen? I would goddamn love to see a story of ANY kind wherein a young buck of a man decides he wants to go for the seasoned older woman instead of the girls his age.

>it's a friendly rivalry (at least as friendly as villains go)
>when the hero defeats one, the other goes ballistic (either out of genuine friendship or "I'm the only one allowed to beat them!")

I'd read this.

Good point. I've only ever seen this in Kdramas. There it's called the "big sister" or noona trope. Would love to see some comics where this happens.

The power of friendship/love is the strongest thing in the universe.

Are you thinking that girl from Stein;s Gate?

Close but no cigar. The dude never really crushed on her. Plus she wasn't aware it was her father because she had never met her father. That was one of her reasons for coming back; so she could meet him at least once.

This sounds very Venture Brotherish, which isn't a had thing.

Ya my first thoughts were of 21 and 24 as well.
Like an alternate universe where they had a falling out, and 24 went to go hench for Phantom Limb or something.

>villain has no sob story
>no lust for revenge
>no self-righteous rationalization of why he deserves to rule or of his desire to make the world a better place
>no retarded "the world deserves to burn" mentality
>he just wants power, riches and babes
>he has fun being a villain

So basically a real life gangster?

>Artificial Intelligence isn't human-like at all.
>Doesn't want anything but to fullfill it's programmed goals at all costs.
>Is more like an intelligent force of nature with infinite patience that is widespread in all kinds of systems instead of a robot that protagonists can punch.

Kek

Actually it's funny. I have seen hamerspace hair but it always seems to be with regular sized hair.

Pretty much. Provided he didn't start by being a poor hoodlum who got beat up and joined a gang to get by.

>Strong and loved hero who the MC admires.
>he isn't a jerk and actually cares about justice and people.

>as the fight progress, the opponents' wardrobe consumes until they're left shirtless.

Alternatively, character is actually trans and couldn't be happier with this development, proceeding to hug the person responsible and scampering off into their new life.

Well, the most obvious reason is a female heir in a primogeniture succession with no suitable spouse outside the "villain" (at that point, is he still?). Female rulers had notoriously hard times legitimising their rule and often were challenged by pretenders like younger siblings, uncles powerful nobles etc.
With this marriage she would ensure to hold onto her title and avoid a war through personal union.
But this is a move of realpolitik and shrewd calculation that does not work well in cartoons. Just explaining her predicament short of "I had to" would need entire scenes. And you know if you don't it's muh soggy knees!
Also the tension would just fizzle, the roles become blurred and the enemy nation stops being evil (unless you manage to sell a villain ruling a perfectly okay people who would also come murderise your shit). And then the hero just goes home.

Hero and Demon King did this better by focusing on economics and having characters already motivated by a war so none of them needed to be portrayed as a villain.

Dumb trannie.

>turns out we gave the script to the wrong actors, sorry guys!

Megamind?

>The background character who has communicated to the Main Cast multiple times was the true villain all along.
It gets me so erect.

The lack superpowered public servants is actually bothering me in most settings.
They are always someone bonkers secret organisation or hero council, never a formal unit of just cops or clerks or agents who also have powers.
Or just some kinda mutant (or equivalent) working as everyone else because their powers are utterly pointless or so minor they aren't hero material.

That happened in a Fairy Tail filler episode. Both in the japanese and english dubs.

Problem is, writing for an intelligence that does not want the way a human does is hard as fuck.
How do you write a thing that has power but no goals, is sapient but does not desire anything and treats humans only as objects to its own service while serving in self-interest?
Humans want things to be like them so they can understand. Trying to write insightfully for something you cannot truly comprehend is just not easy or appealing.

Ahem.

I always liked the whole

>character has a rival
>rival is far superior to the character in every way that matters to the character
>this upsets character greatly
>not as much as how friendly rival is
>rival thinks they're besties
>rest of cast thinks rival is a pretty cool dude and that the character is being petty and vindictive
>turns out rival has his own issues and that the character truly is their only friend

Don't think we ever seen anything like that. Typically the character over comes the rival, but I'd always prefer if the rival is still on top, the character realizing that they're being a jerk and that they should use the rival to propel themselves to higher heights.

>Female Villain
>No sob story about why she became evil
>Isn't evil because of what an EVUL male did to her
>Is just a maniacal, sadistic bitch who just wants money, power, and the privilege to revel in the suffering of her enemies

I wish we could get female villains in the vein of Eobard Thawne and Black Manta, sometimes bad guys with no baggage are the best ones.

Don't know about any cartoon with that, but the episode "my super ego" of Scrubs has that

>sometimes bad guys with no baggage are the best ones.
Works only if they get to do cool shit and the character is not defined by the why, but from how much fun get have doing it. I mean look at Gaston or Maleficent. Their motivations are not that strong but they have a blast being evil.

> nerds/betas/losers are unfriendly, passive aggressive entitled assholes who kept people away
> popular people are actually really nice

what is this from?

This needs to be used. That's actually pretty good.

it would require really good writing.

Jesus Christ. If there are any Sup Forums creators in here, use this. That is a great idea. If I ever create something I might use this. Unless you're using it.

>Princess is captured by villain
>finds out he's actually a great guy
>later on she takes his place as antagonist in her own arc

there was a greentext written recently which featured that subversion. a popular girl falls in love with a trenchcoat wearing misanthrope against the warnings of her popular peers.

It's MY LITTLE PONY

kerrigan always had that backstory, but it wasn't until starcraft 2 that they went on full-on fanservice.

Ciaphas Cain types are always fun

>Character with southern accent isn't an uneducated idiot.
>Character with Russian accent isn't a muscular squatting secret assassin.
>japanese character is allowed to be a belligerent asshole autistically screeching at baka gaijins instead of quiet and intelligent tech savvy savant.
>A native american character who isn't completely defined by muh spirits and muh heritage.
>QT scot-Irish love interest
>A foreign character who can speak english without in dropping random words from their home language

That's pretty easily an unbeatable villain though.

Invisible Inc's ending played it great though, they upload their helper AI to the megacorp mainframe and it wipes the megacorps off the map before taking over all of their infrastructure all over the world and starting production of a robot army, thanks the protagonists and locks them out. Roll credits

The great equalizer being used properly in fiction.