Evolution

Christians of Sup Forums

What's your opinion on Evolution?

How does it fit/not fit with your religious beliefs?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/evolution-watching-speciation-occur-observations/
pressall.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/pope-francis-says-arab-invasion-is-social-fact-and-a-good-thing/
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Molyneux is a retard, Christians are retards, at least 70% of Americans are retards.

>Molyneux is a retard, Christians are retards, at least 70% of Americans are retards.

Can you elaborate please aussiebro?

Micro evolution within species is a scientific fact and not in the least incompatible with a Biblical worldview.

Macro evolution, or development of new species through evolutionary means is total garbage.

Come on man. That's an article longer than a list of American war crimes.

>Fudamentalist Christians

Ftfy

You can believe in both to some degree. Bigger things to worry about. Get back to work.

I am autistic, but doesnt micro just fit into the category of "adaptations" for christians?

Gib articles now aussie >:^(

Le wot

Im curious, elaborate for me

Also nice digits

Would you like some argument to go with that post?

Catholic checking in

I think evolution is 'true' insomuch as a scientific theory can be 'true'. However, it promotes a "we're just animals lmao" viewpoint of the world, so you have to be careful on how you teach it.

You can say adaptations, whatever. The reason I make the distinction is because evolution advocates, particularly those who are 'in the field' as it were, and the people who teach our children, conflate the two constantly. Adaptation or micro-evolution within a species (e.g. Darwin's famous finches) is used as evidence of macro-evolution.

The most popular species among geneticists for studying evolution is fruit flies, because they breed quickly and prodigiously and have short life-cycles. They've bred all kinds of fruit flies, blind ones, big ones, little ones, flightless ones, the list goes on and on and on, but they've never bred fruit flies into anything other than another kind of fruit fly. Micro evolution vs macro.

Christianity and it's variants have written contradictions and scientific errors.

how does 'the viewpoint it promotes' have any bearing on the truth? isn't it better to just be correct?

What did he mean by this?

Ok, so why do you think the animals part is wrong?

Hmmm ok. Do you have any idea on how that would disprove chrsitianity?

Elaborate pls mr leaf

This. Evolution cannot explain the origin of species, much less, any imagined transition from one species to another, aka Speciation.

What if Adam and Eve were the original "created" humans but the offspring mated with Homo Sapiens?

So possibly some people ARE sub-humans!

It is, and I'm not knocking it for it being "possibly not true". But there is a difference between "God used Evolution to form Man over a period of time", which is basically the Church's position, and "We evolved from animals so we must be animals".

Expecting Jewish dirt farmers to accurately comprehend how god made the world is foolish. God did not write the bible, so biblical infalibility is not only not guarenteed, but by definition impossible. However, my studies have led me to the conclusion that our world could not possibly exist without intervention. Abiogenesis is so unlikely it approaches impossibility even given the scale of the universe, and the obnoxious complexity and elegant efficiency of even the simplest biological systems, much less our own, is utterly bewildering.

Most importantly though, how god god made the world is neither my buisiness nor an important feature of the bible, especially for christians.

>speciation does not occur due to evolution
stfu retard
blogs.scientificamerican.com/science-sushi/evolution-watching-speciation-occur-observations/

>Why do you think the animal part is wrong?

I'm not very good with words so bear with me a moment here.

Man has been raised to a higher position than what animals have. When you say "we're just animals", you devalue the human race and degrade it into just being a few inches from being savage beasts, which we are not.

But how could they breed with others if they are the only ones on earth

Wew ok

Huh, thats a really good point. Never thought of it like that...

Do you mind if I ask what studies led you to that conclusion? Like is there a specific theorem or something?

I am autistic

Ok, I see

How would what disprove Christianity?

Also, I'm not a follower of a religion, I'm a follower of Jesus Christ, who is revealed in the Bible. Christianity is a term that encompasses, in regular use, everyone from fundamentalists to mainline protestants to Catholics, to even including Mormons when some people using the term. Reconciling all those belief systems is impossible because they include various degrees of falsity. The closer you get to the Bible(e.g. fundamentalists), the closer you get to the truth. The farther away you get from the Bible (e.g. Catholicfags and Mormonfags) the farther you get from the truth.

Anyway, maybe your question is about whether evolution can be compatible with a fundamentalist view of the Bible. If that's the case, I can answer it, but the bit about Christianity I can't for reasons I've stated.

Cellular biology and physiology

>Completely misunderstands my post and posts irrelevant article.

Dogs don't turn into anything other than different kinds of dogs, I don't care how long you give them to do it.

Shiet dat soounds 2 smart 4 me

>The farther away you get from the Bible (e.g. Catholicfags and Mormonfags) the farther you get from the truth.

So orthodox really is the best form of christianity?

> maybe your question is about whether evolution can be compatible with a fundamentalist view of the Bible

Wew yes, pls answer

Catholic so evolution- real, but guided
Big bang - part of the plan
ayy lmao - if they exist they're also God's children, welcome

Catholic here

It fits.

John Paul II said evolution is more than just a theory and you are still onto this meme that christians have been and will always be against science.

I guess Jesus was right.

>ayy lmao - if they exist they're also God's children, welcome

But how did the Ayy Lmao's get here?

>John Paul II said evolution is more than just a theory and you are still onto this meme that christians have been and will always be against science.

>I guess Jesus was right.

Wait, but doesnt the bible say adam and eve were created by God? Not through evolution?

Also what did Jesus say about evolution?

Would ayylmaos have need of salvation though?

LMAO Protestants denying science ITT. The proof for evolution is so much

I do not deny the evidence of evolution and I accept it, although I still believe that God's hand guided and cultivated the development of the world and life on this earth in order to create modern day man. In that regard you could say I believe in intelligent design, although I accept evolution as the means through which God created the earth.

You know what the "Adam and Eve were the first and only humans on earth" story implies, right? We are all the children of incest!

It's satanic and incompatible with Christianity.

Flows well with Catholicism though.

>Adam and Eve were the first
ok
>and only
whoaa, show chapter and verse for this

No.

Micro changes are observed.

It is then assumed that over long enough periods of time, those micro changes make macro changes. An amoeba came to life from an exploding star and "evolved" into you. It's utter rubbish.

It's never been observed, and never will be.

Read Genesis again. Evolution is literally in the bilbe

of courshe

Creating them was part of his plan!

The real question is: do they have their own son of God and did he teach the same as Jesus did to us humans or a message specific to these alien species?

See? The devil's lies flow well with Catholicism, which is constantly trying to be friends with this evil and wicked world.

>implying evolution is not how creation becomes one with Christ-Omega

God inspired the men who did. God told his side of the story through his prophets and through his son.

You are free to reject God's truth. You are just not free from the consequences of such foolishness.

Yes, Germony, we are all of the family of man. We all started from Adam and Eve, and we all were bottlenecked by Noah's sons and their wives.

Elaborate please

Nigger I went to a christian school for the first 13 years of my life not fucking once anywhere does it say anything about evolution

Show me proof

Evolution is possible, but I look at it with a Young Earth Creationist perspective

Bullshit.

Oh god don't tell me this fucking memecuck is a creationist now too.

>m-muh redpills *stroking crucifix*

That's why it's important to distinguish natural selection, breeding, adaptation and mutations from "evolution", which frankly can mean anything.

To paraphrase GK Chesterton, nobody can explain how something can come from nothing, and nobody can get an inch closer to it by explaining how something can come from something else. It is far more logical to say "In the beginning God made heaven and earth" even if by that you only mean "In the beginning some unspeakable force began some unthinkable process"

What is that perspective about? I am autistic

Nah hes an athiest who advocates christian values

Also why do u think hes a meme cuck JapanBro?

Hmm I agree, but what is your opinion on the "we came from animals" perspective?

>Elaborate please

m8 you're gonna have to just look up Teilhard and read his books, there's no soundbite version. Be warned, his work has been hijacked by new age hippie fucks who've never actually read him but in real life he was far-right politically and a traditional Catholic.

Evolution not a problem.

Let me guess. Protestant school?

Yes, all species are also breeds of incest when Noah had this great idea to bring exactly two of each species.

Christfags are an embarrassment to my country please ignore them pol

Catholicism accepts evolution theory.
Creationism is preached by some ultra protestant weirdos that were sent to colonies 400 years ago.

Show me the chapter and verse where it is implied that Adam and Eve were NOT the first and only humans alive then.

here's your (you)
pic related

H-How'd you know?

Also I am being open minded in this discussion I am not clinging to any beliefs I was taught

I don't think it is compatible with Christianity. I don't think humanity should ever be lowered to the same likeness as animals. We are all living icons of God, made in the same image as God.

"God created everything" doesn't mean he did it all at once in seven days. Maybe creation is still ongoing

No, he's just been shilling for Christianity lately, because of muh national, family stability, valuez and shield against Islam.

Right. pressall.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/pope-francis-says-arab-invasion-is-social-fact-and-a-good-thing/

Some 2, some 7.

By the way, what do you think "pure breed dogs" are?

> 1:11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

> 1:12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

> 1:20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

Wtf does let the earth bring forth sound like to you? Sounds to be that God didn't snap his fingers He commanded the earth to create it. And so it did. How do you think the earth creates things?

then how did proto wolves turn into dogs millions of years ago

"In the beginning some unspeakable force began some unthinkable process" is not equal at all to "In the beginning God made heaven and earth"

And you and every Christian knows that perfectly well, but you like cop-outs like these. Not that any Abrahamics are better at it in any way, shape or form.

You can't really be this retarded, right?

Another passage. Creating the animals

> 1:24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

Evolution is a consequence, not a cause
God is the cause

I don't understand, doesnt evolution state that we came from a single celled organism where as the bible says we came from Adam and Eve which came from God?

Douay-Rheims Bible
For we account a man to be justified by faith, without the works of the law.

You know that's the Catholic translation, yes?

Oh, who am I kidding. You've never read the bible on your own.

I personally believe that God created all life with room for change

>australia

>calling literally anyone else retarded

Yeah, it's more likely that a loving metaphysical daddy made humans than simply applying observations to a larger scenario.

You're right. He didn't snap his fingers.

He spoke it into existence; willed into existence, ex nihilo.

And right there, that verse DISPROVES evolution, because God says that kind begets kind.

Evolution says that all kinds came from one.

>100 Reasons Why Evolution Is STUPID! - Kent Hovind Christian Creationist
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DDIe_2cHM

Canine kind.

OOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Holy fuck

I never thought about that....

Jesus I fucking hate protestants now

You do realize this all happened in one 24 hour day, yes?

science is the tool with which we peer into the nature of the universe and observe the beauty of god

Yup. Mutually exclusive theories. "Goo to you" v "handcrafted by God Himself".

I'm not a Christian but evolution is a nice theory.

pretty much this

species will have micro adaptions to environments and natural events, but the idea that amoeba evolved into fish who evolved into frogs who evolved into mammals just cause is retarded imho

>not seeing christianity as a tool to teach morals and rules for a happy life with a faithful family.

Honestly, IDK very much about the Orthodox, but if they follow an apostolic framework (e.g. how the Pope is supposedly an apostle of God for the Catholic church, speaking infallibly and with the authority of Jesus Christ Himself as John, James, Paul, Stephen, etc. did,) then no, they are not best Christianity. Also, please remember that Jesus did not start a religion, He said that He is the way, the truth, and the life. Salvation is only through His sacrifice and your acceptance of it, and has nothing to do with any ceremony or rite. No entity here on earth holds the keys to the Kingdom, despite the claims of many hierarchical organizations that would have you believe that they do.

Evolution, of the macro variety, is not compatible at all with a fundamentalist view of the Bible. Genesis is clear that God created the world in 6 ordinary days (gap theories aside, that's a separate issue which would have no bearing on evolution anyway), and that prior to Adam's (not Eve's, mind you) sin, there was no death in the world. Without death you cannot millions of years and trillions of generations of life to evolve. Also, of course, Genesis tells us that God created the animals and the plants and Man (in His image).

Evolution is a lie that Satan tells you to make you think you're unimportant to God. God created you in His image and has a purpose for your life. He intends to have you reconciled to Himself through His Son Jesus Christ. Evolution tells you that you are an accident of nature, with no origin apart from much, no purpose apart from that which you make for yourself, and no destination apart from the muck whence you came. Don't believe Satan's lies, his purpose has always been the same, to separate God's children from Him and to steal His glory for himself.

Think about the context of it. You are Moses writing Genesis and God is sitting there explaining how He created things through evolution. I'd be like "I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about. I'm gonna just write this

Again. Context is important. Moses is hearing this from God and writing it down. So Gods all like. "yeah I did this shit in 1 day." What is 1 day to God? God is an immortal timeless being. What is a single day to Him? I doubt it's the same as a single day to Him.

Remember "all hour sciences, revolutions and history are but a flicker in 1 day of the lives of the stars"

Time is relative friend.

Infinitely more likely, yes.

Like 1 v 0.0 repeating.

You would need to demonstrate that those two statements are logically inconsistent if you believe that's the case.

Yes, it absolves you of any responsibility towards your creator for what you did with the life he gave you.

At least, you think it does.

Evilotion is Realz. I keep a 666 ounce bottle of it next to my bed for emergency lubrication.

Mostly this. A society where people don't believe in God is a shitty society for several reasons.

Holy shit you are dumb as fuck

Thats very interesting. Never thought of it as a tool for deception, not too surprised though.

Thanks for your insight fellow Burger

If you think God cannot communicate how he created the world to Moses, what confidence do you have that he communicated how to be saved to Paul?

>Time is relative friend.

It actually doesn't exist, but that's a different story.

He's right and you're wrong.

How smart does that make you?

Which explains the variety in our species quite nicely doesn't it?

It just does ? Nobody but some american fucktards took the Bible literally. Scholars of the late roman empire were already advising that the scriptures aren't to be taken as such

Robust DNA is robust. As King David said, we are fearfully and wonderfully made.