How come Gravity Falls never reached Adventure Time levels of popularity (Like getting its own Macy's Parade balloon...

How come Gravity Falls never reached Adventure Time levels of popularity (Like getting its own Macy's Parade balloon for example)?

Disney XD

Because of Sup Forums whining about it, even though it blows AT out of the water in reality.

It was originally on Disney Channel and got much of its fandom from there.

>Disney XD

Basically, Adventure Time ran for 9 seasons on Cartoon Network and was a viral sensation, to begin with, from that first short. Gravity Falls ran for 2 erratic seasons on a channel nobody has or watches.

>Because of Sup Forums whining about it

Sup Forums complaining about Gravity Falls has had zero impact on its perception a popularity, it was at most a few hundred isolated spergs circlejerking here. Fuck the reddit sub probably had more impact.

AT was something new, and started the next generation of animated shows. GF was just a show in that new generation that only had 2 seasons.

Right, and then it quickly got moved to where no one would see it, point still stands. Plus a thousands hiatuses from early on, how many normies would make it a habit?

Remind me how long that "hiatus" was?

>Fuck the reddit sub probably had more impact.
The Reddit sub has been massively influenced by Sup Forums, have you seen how many upvoted threads there are basically copy and pasted from here? Including Mabel hate and so on.

No, the ENTIRETY of season 1 ran on Disney Channel. All 20 episodes. Go look it up, user.

XD was not even involved until season 2, period.

>people watching the same show have the same opinions
>therefore reddit is just Sup Forums

Look yes some of the same people post to multiple places but we aren't all the same people.

>Basically, Adventure Time ran for 9 seasons on Cartoon Network and was a viral sensation
The show wasn't popular for all nine seasons though, and GF was airing alongside it during some of its apex run. AT peaked around seasons 2 - 4 and then dropped around 5 and has been dropping since.

I don't even think people discuss it anymore around here for season 9.

Those extreme opinions wouldn't exist without the fuel that is Sup Forums.

this works on at least two levels

Yeah so one season aired on Disney and then for a huge chunk of the audience just dropped off the earth with no conclusion versus a show that aired on actual Cartoon Network for a fucking decade, you don't see how that's a lopsided comparison?

Someone seems to be pushing the narrative that Sup Forums complaiing about GF at the very end led to normies not liking it as much as AT and it not getting a Macy's Parade balloon as if anything Sup Forums says has any influence on the actual target demographic of kids. I guess that's why TTG has such abysmal ratings, right?

Because it only lasted for 2 seasons and wasn't crazy popular like AT was

>XD
fuck off back to plebbit

>I don't even think people discuss it anymore around here

You're treating a couple of people on this board as if they're the entire audience for these shows instead of some extreme fringe group of a few dozen weirdoes each thread which is what it is. These shows are aimed at kids. AT ran for a decade on a network a lot of kids watch. GF aired for one season on Disney, which isn't even as much a go-to for a lot of kids as CN is to begin with, then moved to a channel most people don't even have. There's no comparison in exposure. People on Sup Forums still have AT discussions because the show is still running while soon GF will have been over for 2 years. Sup Forums posted tons about GF when it was on. There isn't some effective Sup Forums conspiracy to suppress Gravity Falls. GF fandom had hubs all over the Internet in lots of different places that didn't give a shit about Sup Forums and none of those were even the target audience, which was kids.

I think the better question is why is Gravity Falls STILL so popular long after it's ended while Adventure Time is still going and people just don't seem to give a shit?

>I guess that's why TTG has such abysmal ratings, right?
TTG is reviled, ratings don't mean shit except for advertising money (which is unfortunately all the networks really care about).

Every episode of season 2 aired on Disney Channel; most of them just aired on Disney XD first.

Are you retarded? I see AT discussion here all the time, nobody seems to talk about GF anymore unless it's ironic shitposting.

Because (early) adventure time was a better show

>why is Gravity Falls STILL so popular
Where tho?

GF was mediocre at best, it got relegated to tje 2nd channel for a reason.

That reason being that Disney wanted its second-tier channel to actually succeed? Are you aware that GF *still* has the highest ratings from XD, by far?

It got relegated to the second channel because Disney puts all their cartoons there

2 seasons vs 8 seasons

I don't know but I am thankful for it every day.

Start of season 5 was the peak, and the season 6 premiere was the third highest ratings AT ever had. The popularity dropped sometime during season 6.

>I don't even think people discuss it anymore around here for season 9.
Dude what, there have been like 6 threads all reaching bump limit talking about the season 9 premiere.

Because it only had two seasons (with a loooong break inbetween) and new episodes aired sporadically which made it harder to become a fan.

AT is coming to its final few episodes after ten years and fans from the first short before that, of course there will be some discussion. Actually not as much as I thought. When GF was ending there were tons of threads for it, too. But 2 years later, what is there to talk about? Vs a show coming now to its grand finale after a whole decade?
Sporadically airing reruns aren't nearly the same as a regular new ep airing every week. I didn't even know they played reruns on Disney.
Tumblr and especially twitter still pump out a fair bit of new fan art and a whole bunch of new gay fanfiction gets written every day and those overseas fan clubs we talked about are all still pretty active every day. Not nearly as much as its peak but man the show has been over for almost two years and wasn't very long to start with. What more do you expect?

Taking 4 years to show 2 seasons on a channel with very limited audience might be the reason.

It was very popular on it's first season. The long break and hiatuses killed the momentum. Also, only two seasons.

>What more do you expect?
You're saying "why is it still so popular" and of course in it's fan circles it is but it's not really relevant to anything anymore outside of there.

It's not just the fact that Disney XD is a shit channel that no one watches, it's the fact that to some extent or another, Disney cartoons still have a much heavier stigma attached to them of being solely for young kids than Cartoon Network and that whole new generation of CN cartoons does. It honestly amazes me that it managed to get as popular as it did even though it's really not that popular. I'm an Ausfag and I don't even remember it airing here.

It was much more popular during the second season, actually. It only became unpopular after Sup Forums convinced basically everyone that Mabel is a terrible character (spoiler: she's not).

It'll stay popular as long as Hirsch keeps shitposting on Twitter and keeps teasing fans with a possible R&M crossover with shit like that h3h3 twitch stream even though that's probably never going to happen. Tumblr still likes it too.

I agree, she's not

This. Adventure Time had a spike popularity that was mostly contained to the internet, but it wasn't really the huge lasting sensation that some people here believe. It was more like Invader Zim: sold some hot topic merchandise for a year and then people got sick of it.

The ratings for new Adventure Time episodes are laughably bad. Even Mighty Magiswords does better. The threads now are like ghost times. Content creators have moved onto greener pastures in the SU, TLH, or SvTFOE fandoms, and only a few autists who obsess over AT even talk about it anymore because they can't outgrow their fixation.

There is a reason the AT movie got canned. Investors saw that it wasn't going to be the "Spongebob" of the 2010s so they pulled the ripcord and jumped over to the Loud House which consistently pulls in great ratings and is actually popular beyond the internet.

>The ratings for new Adventure Time episodes are laughably bad.
Because they get virtually no promotion, and then they bomb them all at once or put them on the CN app/itunes without notice. Also, you are massively downplaying AT's popularity at its peak.

>The ratings for new Adventure Time episodes are laughably bad.
That might be because of CNs shit advertising

>The "We get no promotion!" excuse
Not only am I sick of hearing that for every overrated CN cartoon that gets revealed to have shitty ratings, but if a cartoon is as much of a cultural phenomenon as Adventure Time, does it even need that much promotion to put asses in seats?

The Spongebobs and Loud Houses of the world put asses in seats every time they air. The spike that a new episode premiere gives them is maybe 15% higher than a rerun in a prime timeslot at most. That's when I laugh when people here cite premiere ratings as the sole indicator of a cartoon's health.

They already have a bart simpson balloon, they don't need his ineffectual nerd cousin

Not other user but why has CN stopped advertising their original flagship show? They clearly like to milk the shit out of popular stuff (As evident with TTG), so either AT has stopped making money or Nielsen ratings mean so little now-a-days CN couldn't give two shits about them anymore.

AT was a cultural phenomenon. Past tense. At no point did I say it was still what it was. I believe viewership had already started declining. But that said, the fact that CN doesn't advertise ANYTHING except TTG (the 4th nuPPG being a notable exception) is a factor

TTG is more popular than everything else obviously. I mean, with your logic, OK KO, a brand new show, should have gotten all the promotion in the world because it was brand new but we all know what happened there

Not him, but every Comic Con I go to has a lot of people cosplaying as the characters. Its not nearly as popular as it was in its run, but a lot of people still love it

>OK KO should have gotten all the promotion in the world
Does it not get tons of promotion? At least it did during its summer premiere marathon.

Loud House ratings aren't even that good, and nowhere close to what AT pulled at its peak. Given, that's mostly because TV is dying, but still.

I don't know, and the lack of promotion isn't even the main problem. The main problem is that they stopped airing reruns, and people forgot that the show was even still around. I guess CN just wants to phase out their old stuff, and also that AT stopped being as profitable as it once was.

Are you retarded?

If you're going to compare (premiere) ratings to then and now, you're going to also have to acknowledge the fact that Adventure Time at its "peak" still got skullfucked by Spongebob and FOP.

Sup Forumsmblr is real

is this post-irony?

Because this would've been the Macy's Parade balloon

God I wish. That would've been amazing for one year.

It wasn't as good
Season 2 sucked.
Alex is a hack manlet who was cucked by pit bull

>post irony
I want newfags to leave.

CN hasn't even announced this season came back.
They showed 4 episodes recently, without announcing it, on a sunday night.
CN is fucking over AT, that's a fact

>Does it not get tons of promotion?
No

>At least it did during its summer premiere marathon.
A premiere that was interlaced with the entire series of TTG back to back

>It only became unpopular after Sup Forums convinced basically everyone

Dude seriously, what the fuck? Is this some kind of bait? Gravity Falls' overall popularity or not was impacted 0% by what a few dozen autists here at most have said. Do you really think 12 spergs here are the entireity of the Gravity Falls audience? THis is even more delusional than Sup Forums thinking that they got Trump elected since at least there were multiple groups from different websites participating in that shitshow, doing constant astroturfing and propoganda, and spreading memes here on purpose. The Sup Forums GF stuff is a handful of autists spamming "I hate Mabel" threads as a ploy to get people to post Pinecest art (which usually works). The hundreds of thousands or millions or whatever of people who have seen GF around the world don't give the slightest shit what twelve people here think. You think one autist talking to himself here is the prime industry mover. What the fuck?