TMNT 2012 Finale Discussion

It finally ended. Yesterday Nicktoons aired the last three episodes of this show.
Thoughts about the finale?
Links:
The Wasteland Warrior: vid.me/Aae42
The Impossible Desert: vid.me/JNtVH
Carmaggedon: vid.me/0mSEu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K89MEofvqn4&t=98s
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1984/Issue-8?id=42506
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why are the last three produced episodes being aired before the rest of the show?

There is only one question that's bothering me. Did April and Donnie hook up?

I guess Nick realized that these were the last episodes in production order so they are airing them out of order just to end the series on a happier note. Also I think there airing it out of order because they want the episodes with Frankenstein's Monster and Dracula to air closer to Halloween so they can bill it as a holiday. Its a shame they pushed this show onto Nicktoons even though it only had about 10 or so episodes left to air.

Whatever happened to this?

so did they make a good closure to the show?
last time i checked master splinter got killed off did they revive him and stopped the shredder and all that

No in the canon show, yes in an official music video of the show:

It aired back in July.

This three-parter made me want an Usagi series.

Why was this less popular than foxbox turtles? Isn't nick a popular channel?

every old character from the show that isn't the turtles, ice cream kitty or chompy are all dead

The tutrles having gone through some some serious shit now live in a Mad Max post apocalypse world

Awesome episodes, but that's a rather bleak ending to the entire series in the end in the post-apocalypse.
At least Casey's skull is choke-full of bombs.

Still, frigging shell-kicking non-stop action awesomeness. I'm really glad that this show existed and gave us ninja-chop suie, space action adventures, demons and dragons and all that weird stuff.
Man, that is one heck of a dark TMNT series.

Surprise, surprise. It was shit. And also not canon.

No. This wasn't even closure. Just an elseworlds type deal.

>that ending and leo reveal

Top Kek

>saw the leo revel coming as soon as i saw maximus kong

I don't want to watch. Did Donnie win the April bowl?

Donnie is a robot. April is dead. Plus he wont it but in the ICK music video:
No in the canon show, yes in an official music video of the show:

But wasn't she half-mutant or something? Why did she die?

Well...

Donnie was a mutant too and his body got destroyed. Maybe she died in another way.

Donnie 1 bowl, Casey 0

But implies that both Karai and April are still alive.
It just doesn't make any sense.

Sounds like someone just had a boner for their mad max ending and everyone else is scrambling to make sense of it for dissatisfied fans

But mutagen was confirmed to not have any effect on April.

This is an even more unsatisfying series finale than Things Change.

Completely nonsensical airing schedule coupled with a terrible filler story arc where the main characters hid out in a farmhouse for half a season meant most people dropped it in Season 3.

So if all the humans are dead or mutated, where the fuck did Renet come from?

I only saw the first episode and heard nothing about it. They must have really wanted to kill the show

Renet is not a human, she's an interdimensional pseudo-goddess exist outside the confines of space-time.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-1984/Issue-8?id=42506

Another timeline.

What a pointless waste of time that was.

Whether she is human or not, she does come from a future filled with humans who know of the turtles.

>interdimensional pseudo-goddess

if she has vagina she can fuck turtles.

>April

she is the mutant her self. her shit is that she is second stage mutant one who got her DNA balanced into the stage, where mutagen cant change her further. all change which can be caused are done already. she is a freaking 70% Krang with human body and anatomy.

damn fine ending, though Enjoyed the Usagi Yojimbo special more. this show deserved to be more popular than it was, even if it did fall apart a bit after the space arc.

so if donnie is a robot and raph got bigger, what happened to mikey and leo?

That was pretty disappointing. I was expecting them to reveal this was some sort of alternate dimension. But nope, they really nuked the planet and axed everyone other than the turtles.

You managed to outdo Teen Titans and Samurai Jack on unsatisfying endings. Congrats.

I can't be the only one who sees the irony in that the story was mostly about the Turtles trying to prevent aliens from fucking up the planet beyond repair, even going so far as spend more than half of a season on a MacGuffin hunt to accomplish that, only for the show to end with:
>And then the aliens dropped a nuke off-screen, invalidating everything. Enjoy this random apocalypse epilogue arc in which almost everyone died shortly after the regular episodes ended!

I mean seriously, this is how they end it? The heroes fail in a flashback and only four remained alive? That's how you end it?

>people didn't like Things Change
What the fuck?

Are there any links to the monster and 80s crossover arcs?

>What the fuck?
Because it's confusing and just feels like an unresolved cliffhanger.

It came out. It was good.

>people change, you can't always get what you want, you need to move on, and you can't allow your life be dictated by your past
How is that confusing?

It came out and was pretty great. made me want an Usagi series similar to it as long as it wasn't butchered

Jei was fucking great

Mikey is a Hermit

Leo Mutated into an Abomination

Amen, super satan.
Nice.

That was shit.

Perhaps the mutagen bombs were made by humans against humans.

According to Nickelodeon it was another dimension.

and according to the creative director, that's the canon ending to the series

it could have been pretty good, but it needed more time. also the mutant retard leo """twist""" was awful, especially when his psyche went back to normal right after seeing his brothers.

Damn, I didn't even know this was ending. Why does Nick hate this show? The scheduling is retarded

It still has episodes left to air. The monsters arc, some shit with Savanti Romero and the crossover.

Why did Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pull a depressing Logan finale? Do they play Johnny Cash over the credits?

His word is not the final word. It's up to the studio to the decide. Just like DC and Marvel can wave their writer's shit out of existence.

Only in a music video, otherwise forever a virgin.

DC and Marvel have shared universes with dozens of characters written by hundreds of different writers over decades. With that many people in charge of creative direction, you're going to have to decanonize some shit in order to maintain a shared continuity.

TMNT 2012 has had Ciro Nieli as the lead director since it began, and he says it's canon.

Do you also think the new PPG series is canon to the old series despite the numerous incongruencies, and the lack of involvement from anyone that developed the original?

>TMNT 2012 has had Ciro Nieli as the lead director since it began, and he says it's canon.

And Nickelodeon says it isn't. Brandon Auman says we can see most of season 5 as non-canon too.

>Do you also think the new PPG series is canon to the old series despite the numerous incongruencies, and the lack of involvement from anyone that developed the original?

Sure, is CN says so. It's not like I've seen either series anyway.

I grew up with the Star Wars Extended Universe. I have to accept the official word that it's not canon either, despite it being better than the new stuff. That's how it goes.

And speaking of incongruities, this ending dies not fit with anything Renet has said about the future. Not canon.

>Donnie never mourns the loss of April

At least that's something. Casey is the real virgin here.

It's supposed to be taking place 50 years after the events of season 4, he's had his time to mourn. Can't dwell on the past forever.

He got kissed by Karai, and probably slutted up at some point in his life.

The hockey mask that covered it was a new design so maybe he survived and lived a life

>At least Casey's skull is choke-full of bombs.
That part was awesome, also it's what a crazy motherfucker like Casey would have wanted.

>Implying he didn't have a 3-way with Karai and Shingami

>Implying he didn't have a 3-way with Karai and Raphael

Fix'd

It was an interesting story, but not really fitting or satisfying as an ending.
I'm admittedly a casual viewer, so take m opinions with a grain of salt. I feel some sympathy for this show as I feel its been overshadowed by having come after the 2k3 show,and during the IDW comic's run, which has become so beloved to the point it seems a lot of people would've preferred 2012 just being an adaptation of it. Also being a small fish in the big pond of Nick, where other TMNT media was largely the flagship of its network block.

I do feel like some of its own identity issues and limitations have sort of kept it from really becoming as major as it should be. I mean, the show has brilliant art direction, incredibly talented artists working on it, but held back with pretty generic CGI that eats away at the character. Even here the flashback is rendered in 2D art and it looks so much more impactful than anything else.

Plus, as neat as the whole post-Apocalypse thing is, its just a Mad Max Fury Road parody, and not a timely one at that since that movie hasn't really held on in pop culture like Road warior. It just feels like a dated parody, something that plagued the show often. Was the Honey badger a regular character? It feels like he's a dated reference to the honey badger meme. Yeah, to an extent TMNT always relied on references, but you could be a kid who never picked up or knew of Daredevil and completely miss the Hand Clan/Foot clan thing, but it works well enough on its own. Here, they're really beating you with it being a Fury Road parody. It takes away the identity of this being a finale. And whether it was meant to be in canon or not, if its the last we see of the show, its a bit of a disappointment to leave on.

Mikey looks like Delgo now

It was going to be the last episode aired, and it was the last produced, but Nick is airing a couple of episodes after it so the series doesn't have a mostly-depressing ending.

So Donatello is dead?

Technically the Savanti Romero episode is part of the monster arc.

He uploaded his brain in to an android.

That episode was bittersweet.

The review mirror ornament was what was left of April's fan weapon.

Thanks Satan.

Don't worry, I fixed it.

Ok, I just watched the final episode. It was ok but seems more like an improvised finale due to how little buildup it has. Feel it works more as an elseworlds story than a proper finale, but seems that the intention with this finale was to show the end of this incarnation turtles. Most likely it aired out of order in case Nick wants to revive the series later on.

Overall enjoyed the series, homages were fun and action scenes were hype. While I like all the incarnations of the turtles, I would rank it as the bottom of the three due to inconsistent quality post S2 and forgetting many interesting stuff introduced (Timothy's fate, April's mom, all the mutated villains). Still consider a worthwhile series and sadly the end of one of the last few action cartoons that are running now.

Yeah, I thought it was weird how they forgot about those things.

Leo surviving was such a copout. Bullshit how he got away with murdering all the badge and lizard mooks.

Stop pretending that an axiom that basically means life is shitty is in any way deep or meaningful.

Ciro sees it as a finale because he is a bit of a cunt. The other people involved see it as a possible ending with most of season 5 being non canon side stories anyway. Nickelodeon sees it as an AU with the Bebop and Rocksteady episode as a real finale, music video and all.

D-did Alopex survive?

Kinda get that, I see it as a possible end as well considering how poorly development it had. I wouldn't minded this as the finale if it had more development.

It was really disappointing, for me the biggest issue I have with the series considering the importance of some of these plot points. Now that I think about it, after the Triceraton arc were the Kraang even important?

Dunno

>after the Triceraton arc were the Kraang even important?
I don't think so. After several defeats and losses of equipment on Earth, the Kraang will most likely be defeated in the Utrom civil war. Kraang Prime didn't do anything relevant anymore, and Kraang Sub-Prime's attempt to conquer multiverses were also foiled.

It was a line from Kirby's Mister Miracle and it was said by Darkseid after he disrupts Scott and Barda's wedding.

It has significance to the TMNT because it was used by Peter in a story that was an homage ti Kirby and later again in one if the issues thst take place in the future (because the turtles don't get good ends in the future).

Ciro answered some questions from fans on instagram, including what happened to april's mom (she was already dead) and Timothy (he appears in the final arc as a easter egg). How a director dare to answer this by social media, instead of adding this in the actual show??

Did he answer anything about the second set of turtles and the two fugitoids?

nop.