Get a degree in computer science like everyone told me to

>get a degree in computer science like everyone told me to
>get a good job
>job gets outsourced to India
I want this STEM meme to die

Stem is real. The computer science market is just flooded. All the stateside jobs are filled.

Stop being a faggot, there is no way that you lose your job to pajeet unless you work at microsoft or some indian central.
If you are one of those guys that just did the bare minimum and never interned or worked on his own projects then you only got yourself to blame.
If you went to university in a first world country and can't even compete against third world retards then it's really only your fault.

Did you copy from github to complete your cs degree
assignments?

What the fuck do you know you live in Mexico. No one can complete with ugly shitskins like you who will work for 20% the pay.

Its ok senpai.
Vote for trump and you'll get your job back

>CS major
This and EE have the most overpopulated job markets imaginable. Get you a degree that has a less competitive market and that sets you apart from the crowd.

Okay, just ignore good advice because of my flag.
Maybe I'm just visiting at the moment?
For a foreigner it is way harder since you can only apply to big companies (they pay like 10k for your visa and are required by law to give you the same pay).
I interned at ms last summer for 7k per month + housing stipend and I don't consider myself smart.

CS and coding is the best possible degree for an entrepreneur, which is what everyone should strive to be.

Next best thing are design, illustration, video editing, etc.

I can't believe this isn't common knowledge yet.

Should have self taught and gone into web dev. Unlike what your stupid councilors taught you, you can always make money from web dev and when you combine it with a strong background of SEO you make $$$$$$

haha, what school?

I got a double CS/C&O from UW and I've removed any mention of CS from my resume

Coding in your mother's basement until you're 38 hoping your little useless app gets bought out by a Silicon Valley VC fund is pure delusion

You have a better chance of being hit by lightning twice, having a Muslim detonate beside you and a meteorite crashing into you all at the same time than you do of making a living off some "start up"

Programmers are commodities these days. Why the fuck would a company hire you for a market wage when they can hire Abdul from India for 1/4 the price?

Also fun fact: Programmers have the highest rates of mental illness and suicide

>the only thing you can do with coding is shill a shitty app

Explains why you're failing.

Anyone know anything about environmental science or biology type degrees and jobs. Ive heard its pretty good and its my favorite area of science.

I graduated from a USA in comp sci uni and got into a nice job in the USA then my mother got sick so I work remotely from here.

Maybe you should have gotten into a better university, so they wouldn't be able to outsource your job. Of course they are going to outsource your job if all you know is basic programming. An ape can be trained to write code. If you had been responsible for designing the architecture of the software, your job would have been more secure.

Try being less shit. If a pajeet can replace you, then you're just terrible.

No in Canada it's really bad. Companies offer 45k for a low-level C coder w/ 10 years of experience. You already know how cucked Canada is, now imagine a Canadian coder. They actually take these jobs. Any good coder leaves Canada immediately

I am literally sitting here waiting for cell media to warm up.look into the biochem areas, gentics and stem cell especially, and go from there. If you can come up with a good patient ypu can do very well. People will always need medical research

Ouch. That is pretty bad. I'm sorry user. In the states a half decent web dev makes 50k plus.

Getting a engineering or software related degree in the current year is a terrible desicion. You'll have to study way more than non-STEM people, have less free time and you'll end up with a worse job. Those jobs all cap out at about 80k and there is real threat that Pajeet and Wang Lee will do the same work for 1/2 of your salary.
I'm not saying 80k is shit but with the amount of work you put into this kind of degree you could make much, much more money. Unless you absolutely love your study and it's your no.1 passion, it's dumb.

>get a degree in CS like everyone told me
>get a good job as system analyst
>tell india what to code
i like the conference calls to india. they are all business. but yea, any higher ups you talk to make it obviously clear that large corporations are outsourcing coding jobs offshore

You missed a step
>post this stale pasta every day

biology is trash. unless you plan on doing an excelerated nursing program. envi sci is only good if you plan on working for government. in which case, dont but a white male bc they give those jobs to minorities and girls.

This.

>Any good coder leaves Canada immediately
yet you're still in canada
you just proved point

Jeez. Microsoft gives their interns the hookup. And here I was thinking Boeing was nice.

>Those jobs all cap out at about 80k
my starting salary is 75k with 10k signing bonus, with 5-10% yearly raised based on performance

Best time to be in CS was 15 years ago. By now you are in a manager or architect position and not still a code monkey.

What makes things even worse is that Canada has a massssssive housing bubble that makes your subprime crisis look like a walk in the park. Average detached house prices in Canada in small suburban cities are about $600K. We're talking about a particle board 1,000 sq ft shack. So Coders who get replaced by Hajeet and got suckered into a mortgage are desperate as fuck and will take any salary and employers take advantage of this

If you're an engineer/programmer/etc. in the US and you're worried about losing your job to Pajeet, get a job for the government or a company that contracts for the military such as Boeing or Lockheed Martin. Huge amount of opportunities there and US citizenship is a requirement.

Sup Forums i fell for the CS meme, but I at least double majored in math. can I rescue my career or am I doomed to be one of those NEETs trying to figure out how to get on disability

I have nothing to do with programming, I haven't coded in over a decade

Also
>sandnigger

i am a math/cs double major. my math major is only used to understand primality/statistic algorithm. my cs degree is my backbone. only way you dont get a job is if you dont try. even the C students in my dept (at a so so uni) get 40-50k/years right out of school

have you tried being a real engineer

This triggers the autistic stem meme-ers

There will always be new stuff to analyze and implement and old stuff to update and fix. You'll be fine if you know your craft. If you don't, it probably doesn't matter what you've studied, since you're going to be useless anyway.

Was talking about euro. Also wages in the USA are higher in general, you guys have sick living costs compared to us though. Hard to compare but nevertheless you'd be better off with another carrier.

The "Indians are all shit at IT/programming" meme is complete BS. Yes there are some bad ones but I've seen a good amount that are just as competent or even better than Americans.

Yeah, but I enjoy letting them act smug and happy with their 80k salarys too. It's better for us if they don't know the grand scheme and who really makes the money.

>he didn't get told he could be whatever he wanted
>he didn't get a degree in Scriptwriting for Film and TV
>he doesn't work a shit dead end job from 8am-4pm then spend the rest of his night writing and crying

It's almost like you never even noughtied tbqh senpai

Go into a completely different field, such as medicine, law, finance, business.

Math signifies intelligence, however you have to counter that by having social skills and a personality. The #1 thing an employer worries about when they see STEM is "is this guy an autistic fuck up?"

But the question is whether those housing prices have underlying worthless derivatives.

How are the property taxes in Canada, usually when it is too low, rich people buy up and don't sell, causing a housing shortage. That is happening here somewhat.

i dont consider comp sci to be STEM anymore

Its flooded with pussies who cant handle the task of problem solving and actually writing software themselves.

If you want to be in comp sci, but you also want to be in STEM, go with computer engineering. Its like computer science for actual adults with a little bit of electrical engineering.

Trust me, i was going for a BS in CS, but i chenged my mind halfway through my freshman year and i now have a BS in CE and an MS in EE... Best decision ive ever made.

>get a degree in computer science like everyone told me to
>get a good job with the government
why do you guys not embrace the state

i'm an antisocial autist, think i'm screwed no matter what.

i'm also oldfag, so I can't "just" pivot into a different field

where is my government gibs

Just pretend you're LGTB.

>this
Put pictures of milo yannomomopolis all over your cuck cubicle

It's even worse.

I actually worked at a bulge bracket in 2005 packaging Mortgage-Backed Securities into CDOs :-) Back then we just bought the cheapest mortgages with the highest risk, then bought some Fannie/Freddie/Ginnie's backed by Uncle Sam and boom all those worthless NINJA mortgages became Triple A's and we sold those to "conservative" investors. When I left they were going after 9/10% Puerto Rican ARM's with questionable documentation... anyways..

In Canada we have the Canadian Mortgage Housing Corporation,aka the CMHC. It's our Ginnie/Freddie/Fannie and insures mortgages offered by the banks. It's backed by the Canadian government. Banks will give a mortgage to anyone because they incur virtually 0% risk. If the bubble bursts, the Feds have to shoulder the costs.

If you look at housing metrics house prices in Canada are far above what US prices were in '06/'07 despite wage growth being non-existant. This isn't Geneva where prices are 2 million Francs yet people earn 100-300K Frans. An average house in Vancouver is $2M and in Toronto around $1.5M, yet average household salaries are 70-80k. Everyone just lives off their HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit).

Canada's "growth" for the past 10 years can be primarily attributed to this monster housing bubble

I'm getting a degree in liberal arts... am I fucked or do I have chances?

>lawyers
dime a dozen. Enjoy competing with a fuckton of your colleagues for being "one of the best lawyers" and alcohol.
>doctors
they're good, i guess. Enjoy studying and interning for 666 years
>businessmen
hurr durr my job is 2 maek moni b0ss. Unless you have applicable skills and knowledge(economy and such doesn't count, enjoy being a bank teller), you're better off buying lottery tickets
>engineers
Know math? OK with physics? Computers? This is the right place for you. Better job curve than your friendly doctor with just 66 years of interning, studying and installing gentoo to get a good payroll. Enjoy your A&A(Alcohol and autism)
>scientists
hahahahahahaahhzaguzvnzgw78BH62I'MDYING

>be a shitty code monkey
>be surprised when your job gets outsources to literal poo in loo monkeys

shiggydiggy

If you're an antisocial autist, then STEM is the only thing you can really do, so why complain? You could never have become an entrepreneur or a lawyer in the first place. Your next steps are to get a stable job, find a woman and make children. You don't have to be rich to enjoy life. Just work somewhere you don't hate, and try not to be envious when a faggot on Sup Forums talks shit about your profession.

I feel you Maplebro.

lol leaaaaf

If you are a germanic white male, you are fucked. If you are a brown male, you may get something.
If you are a woman, you are not.

If you want to make lots of money, you probably are. If you want to work on something you enjoy doing, you're probably going to be just fine. The world is not as awful of a place Sup Forumsacks often paint it to be.

what else is CS good for

Cry more, i bet you're also a faggit

Only shitty companies outsource to India.

The result is always always a waste of money and really bad software.

Its almost as if they are trying to write bad code.

If you cuck yourself and your opinions, then it will be fine.

If you want to still think for your own, you're completely fucked.

Research if you're smart

Or idk hmm maybe actually being ambitious and making your own company.

Well its my no1 passion and im about half done with my degree...
Am I fucked? I mean now theres a shit oad of jobs around where I am...

>get law degree
>get work in a big firm because family connections
>get about 3 hours sleep a night during weekdays because of workload
>every 3rd weekend I'm doing overtime
>finally got a week off
>might try to off myself

NEETs have it good

>getting your job outsourced
you should have used supplementary programs you made yourself, never commented your code, and used unconventional, but efficient programming methods to force yourself to be a vital asset to the company. All that bullshit about making your code easy to read is lies they tell you so they can outsource your ass. Only make stuff you want to share online for free to everyone easy to read. Stuff you want to keep personal or for a job you should go out of your way to make difficult and complex as fuck to understand.

what's good in Serbia now?

There are going to be software related jobs for as long as humans have jobs at all. Robots will replace everyone equally, so you have nothing to worry about. If it's your number one passion, why do you even care about anything else? It's better to do something you enjoy for a smaller salary than something you hate for a higher one.

You're either a low wage engineer or fell for the hard science meme. I'll say it again: With the amount of hours people put into their STEM degree they could get straight A's in economics/finance, could have more time to network AND could have more freetime.

I know it's anecdotal evidence but why not take a look at the people who graduaded high school with me:
People who got some liberal arts degree and (of course) have a job that pays bad and isn't even in their field.
People who went into STEM did better. The engineers make good money I'd say, of course depending on where they work and what they do. Funny thing here is that the design engineers have the shittiest wages and as closer as those guys get to "business" (sales engineer, have their own business), the more money they make. 80% of the CS cucks are fucked. They work in some 30 men office and code boring bullshit all day. They get paid like shit and sell themselves under value. The other 20% did really good though, either because they're working at REALLY good companies (google, SAP, etc.) or are working as a freelancer/consultant. I think I don't have to mention that the autists who did pure science are either teachers or in research. Some of them work in the industry but not really in their own field. They don't make much money but they are happy I guess.

Same with the people I know from university as well. STEM is overfilled, overrated and pretty much the new law (get rich fast bro! ;D)

Doing BS CpE right now user. Feel scared that it will basically be shitty mix of CS and EE. I am into it but I don't want to end up being beaten by people who got BS CS or BS EE. Advice?

Lift weights, join a varsity sport, join a fraternity, network your ass off and get a job on Wall St.

You need a STEM degree AND you need to be good in your field. You don't just magically get a good job without putting in some leg work.

Then get a new job you nerd.
I have recruiters breathing down my neck on a weekly basis. Getting a job in programming is easy as shit

"Start up" that's your problem. You could make an easy ass 60k a year smoking weed and sitting in your basement doing web dev freelance but people don't want to fill out those sheets come tax time so they work for big brother in the mean time while ignoring infinite business opportunities from small mom and pops across every city in existence

Get a portfolio of projects together. The main fear employers have when hiring someone who is new is whether they actually know how to code. A degree is good, but I think a portfolio is almost just as important. Internships are good too, but not everyone can get one anyway. Get started making some projects and put them up on Github.

Literally every field has people talking like this.

Also this. You got outsourced? Shoulda had a better GitHub faggots

>I have recruiters breathing down my neck on a weekly basis.
How so? Do they find you through a LinkedIn profile or something? If so what sort of stuff do you advertise on there? Just your employment history or examples of projects you've done in your spare time? If it's projects done in your spare time what kind of stuff?

I'd say finish it if you're already halfway through. What exactly are you studying?

Also, is it really your passion? Does it fascinate you? Does your future job fascinate you? Is it really the thing you want to spend most of the time of your life with? I'm not asking you this to make you feel insecure but to make sure you don't make a mistake. Think a lot about this. I began with engineering in university but luckily realized in my second semester that I don't want to work as an engineer. I did economics and self taught myself programming and couldn't be happier.

If you answer all the questions from above with yes, stay in. You wont be poor with a STEM degree and I think enjoying your work and making a bit less money is better than hating your job but making a bit more.
If you think you did the wrong thing and another degree/profession would make you happier, stop and switch your major.

CS jobs are easy as fuck to get in the US. Pajeet only takes your job if you were shit at it to begin with. Pajeet's work doesn't even compare to a US programmer's work.

>join a fraternity
This. It's fun, good for your career and they're redpilled. Every polack should join a fraternity.

Yeah mostly through linkedin, but also people who I used to work with who have now left for other companies. I don't have a CV or anything up on linkedin, just a list of where I have worked and studied

There are also so many shitters I meet at parties who are dying to do some kind of startup where they really need someone who can code. I avoid those people like the plague though because I know they want to basically be "the idea guy" and let me do all the work.

Leaving the country for better wages, joining the leading party or simply being good at what you do.

I didn't say it, but I also firmly believe that networking is pretty damn important. And when it comes to that it pays off to be STEM. Most of the socializing that you, as a student, will do are going to be parties, drinking beer with friends and such.
THe 18-year-old entrepreneur has become such a cliche that noone will really take you seriously when you come to "do business" with already experienced people. They'll be like "Oh, look, another lil boy has come to become the new Elon Musk, ain't that cute?" And will send you to do errands for them while giving you "drunk outside the store"-tier advice like "All you need it to hustle, work hard and never give up and you'll be successful". No thanks, I can read a online motivational blog. By going for a nice fat money-making degree, you decrease the chances of being an errand boy.

the tl;dr is that dem connections are pretty fuckin sweet, and can cut you some slack when you want to hustle. But remember to ask yourself this question: "What's in it for them?"

Thanks for the insight.

wow, really? I can put you in touch with a few recruiters that might even provide oral favors if you are good with java or .net.

this

source: its me

What i want to know is why every single god damn job offer for comp sci now pretty much requires several years of experience

Nah you are fine as long as you go to a reputable university or are any good.

If you are really worried though, just do a startup while you're studying. I helped a few friends out with that and after having worked their asses of for about a year, they all became millionaires. I guess I should have pushed harder for a stake in the company, but at the time I didn't think working 14-15 hours a day even during weekends was worth it.

>Fell for the pharmacy meme

The only thing worse than not getting a job, is getting a job you hate.

Please don't tell me you're not applying even if you don't fit 100% of the "Requirements".

>All the stateside jobs are filled.

Nope, companies don't want to pay over $12 an hour. I've seen many, many IT job ads where they want someone with 5 to ten years of experience, a BS in CS, multiple certs and won't even pay above $13. Oh, and you better be keeping up on certs on your own time and money.

This.
My department got cut so that they could outsource to India. In order to get my severance, I had to stay on several weeks to train my indian replacements over video conference.

>Taught them only the basics.
>Knew full well that there were a lot of custom configs we had, but didn't bother to teach them. (Hell, I had to figure those out on my own when I started.)
>Answered any questions in the vaguest way possible.
>mfw I received a call from a manager about three weeks after I was gone, asking for (free) help because the new team was running into strange problems (some of it was their own fuck-ups and lack of basic knowledge). Told the manager "Sorry, I pitched all the notes for my old job that I had."

nah, im just looking at job offers being comfy, but it seems probably spoopy for people who are getting the comp sci degrees however.

No sweat, but I guess I should add that I got a master's degree from a reputable university here in Norway which really helps kickstart your career. Knowing awesome people is just as important as being awesome yourself

Use your superior knowledge to dominate the retail industry.

>worked for a national retail chain since I was college, now at 26 I'm an assistant store manager making ~60k a year

I literally sit on my ass most of the day bossing teenagers around and might have to do a conference call.

Yeah, it scares everyone. Don't be, though. That's their ultimate wishlist of qualifications, and the terrible communication between the project manager and HR is the main reason you get these ridiculous job requirements.

Good for you, mate. I'm willing to do whatever it takes, and any advice I can get helps a bunch.

This is how it's done.

Fuck outsourcing. Pricks who outsource deserve to get droned.

It's pretty bullshit I know, that's why you just hand in your CV to companies you want to work for and just ignore job listings and such. If a company needs to advertise for people then that probably means they are struggling.

>got a degree in computer science
>walked straight into high paying job
>1 1/2 years later, working with government secret assets
Not even the pajeets here (which there are lots of) can even have a chance at my job.

This is a scam Canadian companies use in order to bring in Hajeets under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.

For example, they'll post a job seeking a coder but with impossible to attain credentials and a salary of like 40k. Then they claim they couldn't hire one, apply to bring in Hajeets through the TFW program and voila, a coder for $30k/year instead of paying a Canadian $80k-120k.

A good example is posts that seek iOS developers with 10 years experience minimum in Objective C / iOS development.

>iOS came out in 2007
>9 years
>topkek