Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/95373268/

Other urls found in this thread:

lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/
vocaroo.com/i/s19GfMSdbp3W
pastebin.com/7LuptDMa
webmshare.com/play/ZrzW0
youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last time:

-Indra suit tweaks
-New GG pics
-The Wine Elf continues, now with even more cameos
-Moira Grimoire, the demon(?) with a book for a head gains traction, meets Blue Blood
-What are Skull King, King Spooky, and the Bearded Skeleton planning for their yearly trip?
-Ma'm Aries, how do we use her in an actual story capacity?
-More extensive discussion about Sup Forumsle and developing his story
-Even more new pics
-A bunch of other stuff I didn't mention

Other things of possible interest:

/d/ OC thread: /m/ CYOA thread, part 2:

Here's the newest page of Saudra!

A demon of uncertain gender.

>Lovey Ladybug

I'm glad to see it's still going.

Was coloring this last thread but it died shorty after

How many of them are drug dealers and how many of them are consumers?

I wonder about demon planes under the Blissful Lady's control.

lovelyladybugcomic.tumblr.com/

It's doing some fun stuff.

I thought her stand was meant to be Golden Guardian. Damn fine color job either way.

didnt know if it was or not so i just went with the safe bet

Stands don't have human skin tones and their color changes from scene to scene.

Speaking of human skin tones, what are we doing with The Goddess? Can she change forms or is just just default "plain" girl mode?

It'd make sense if she were able to more freely control her form the more powerful she becomes later on.

I like the kind of oversaturated technicolor gods and goddesses that were in Disney's version of Hercules

Each one of them was radiating light.

Maybe a god's glow is indicative to the amount of worship or power they are receiving.

So I had a silly idea. Since Colette had practically 2 conflicting origin stories, what if... there were 2 Colettes?

The one who was originally a redhead, she was active in the 80s to 90s. She is less well known as social media wasn't a thing back then, and you didn't have everyone carrying digital cameras either. She has since disappeared, no one knows exactly why (read: it is to be revealed later. Could be dead, could be retired, could be using a different hero persona). She had the robot forearms transform her entire body, so maybe they were more magical in nature.

And the newer one is the one from Psu's comic, from present day, with the gauntlets being purely technological (but then, who made the gauntlets? Is the inventor still alive/active?).

There was only ever one origin story:

-Fill out ad on the back of an old comic book
-Mail it in
-Get gauntlets in mail
-Become superhero

It's the design that's been through the ringer over the years.

The less we say about the ginger nonsense the better.

Maybe there are some wanna be collette out there. Maybe she will get into trouble with real villain and collette have to actually bail her out.

Sup Forumslette is a good delicious brown girl that has a soul.

So you mean Sup Forumsnnie?

Planning to get a Venus Fly Trap/Bees commission this week.

Any suggestions/requests?

Massive ejaculations

Super clothes, street fights, plant zombie citizens.

You can do better, try working with how BK's stingers erupt from his knees.

Colette and Ma'am aren't even our most prolific titty monsters anymore.

Well, she can't exactly sit between Briana and GG due to dimensional shenanigans and height differences.

It's /coc/, anything can happen.

Nice. I'm not entirely sure how Motion and Delta's character dynamic goes. Playful antagonism?

I'm fairly new, even by old Sup Forums & /coc/ standards, but I'm head-over-heels for /coc/'s Motion concept, and Sup Forumsntainment concept.
Everything about those two things, I absolutely love.
I can't draw or write, so I wish I had big piles of dirty money to develop those two things. Or at least commission a few character/team pin-ups.

Friends.

Delta just likes Motion, probably because Motion is doing that hero thing and it's interesting to Delta.

The extent to which we have discussed it is Delta standing in for Alex sometimes while Motion is out and about to throw off suspicion.

Make them kiss, Magi.
C'mon, do it.

I wonder what the chances are for Alex and Delta to hook up even as a drunken one night kind of thing. I'm surprised Delta hasn't come up when discussing Alex's love interests.

Delta likes to sleep around, man or woman, changes sexes as whichever strikes Del's fancy. Alex seems like she'd be a bit too reserved, both about her body and about sex outside of a relationship, to let herself get in that kind of situation. I don't think Delta has romantic feelings towards Alex, so them doing anything longterm enough to hook up wouldn't be likely.

The jungle fae, right?

Do you think people confuse Stretcherous and Delta's powerset? Even though they are technically different, but sometimes stretchy guys can be shape shfiters, but it isn't the case in this instance I think. It makes me think of funny circunstances where they having to stop what they are doing and explain the difference between a stretchy guy and a shape shifter.

People keep bringing up that Ma'm and Sup Forumslette are out of the titty monster game but no one thinks about Ladybug's reaction to the new boob monsters. Hell, having a teen as stacked as GG would be a source of boob envy.

A stretcher typically can't change colors and grow new hair/appendages/organs anywhere instantly.

GG is an in-universe comic.

Marley probably grew up reading old GG comics.

That would probably make the boob envy worse.

Delta likes to play things close to the chest, and greatly values secrecy and misinformation. Not even Motion knows just how versatile Delta's shapeshifting is, because Delta is careful to conceal the full extent of it. For example, Delta's signature white eyes are a misdirection. They're something very obvious and visually striking and Delta has cultivated a public belief that Del can't change them, letting them be "spotted" sometimes behind sunglasses while in a civilian form. Most people probably think Delta's abilities are fairly limited, and that something like stretching powers are well outside Del's range.

next page finished!

So pretty much an eldritch horror.

Would make for a good Halloween gig.

There she is.

Is that stretchy girl a recurring "stock" villain? I've seen her often and pretty much always in a comically ineffective way. Like Stilt-man ineffective.

Ineffective villains are the best villains.

Working on a Grimoire art thing right now. Not sure how it's going to come out since I'm making an attempt at drawing another character as well.

Another demon? A new character?

Thinking of Grimoire, can he book head do spins and stuff? Like a 180 to show words to someone standing behind her?

To be honest, I hadn't thought about it... but it does make sense, unless we assume the book is attached to an invisible "neck" to go along with the rest of the body.

Did a small voice project for GG about the Racketeer.

vocaroo.com/i/s19GfMSdbp3W

Wow man, this is great!

I seriously want more GG radio shows

All around fantastic!
Always had a love of cartoon mafia voices.

Done!

Returning to the shop for the first time in 100 years after being rescued. First time drawing a pre-existing canon character so hopefully I got that part right, too.

Thanks. I grew up on reruns of 60's Batman and Looney Tunes, so this fits my wheelhouse.

Could probably do more if I get a few script ideas.

Blue Blood looks good to me.

My mind is still on the Sup Forumsle plot, but I can get it shifted into Blue Blood territory if there's sometime you want to talk about there.

Her older sister is a serious grade-a freelance villain who ends up going missing. She decides the best way to find out what happened is to follow her sister's footsteps, taking up the mantle of a villain to delve into the criminal underworld and track her down. Trouble is, she's not great at it. A lot of her story is her doing favors for criminals who have some lead on another criminal who has a lead on another criminal who has a lead on another criminal who worked with her sister and all of them want something, so she finds herself in a lot of places fighting a lot of heroes.

Mostly I just wanted to draw some character interaction before dinner! Plus it helps solidify some of what we talked about last thread, I think.

Make sure you keep notes of the stuff you like, we've had archive crashes before and Grimoire isn't on the wiki yet.

Lotta lost discussion and development because of those crashes.

I have my initial write-up and a little bit of notes on Blue Blood. I've got to find a way to work the later discussion about the Baron and the shop into the notes so I don't forget that.

Holy shit that's fucking great.

>pastebin.com/7LuptDMa

This is what I could organise. It's still missing some of the particulars of things like the blueblood service but it's at least a solid foundation, I think.

damn, one off

Ain't that just the way.

Yeah, just as long as someone is keeping track.

I've made that mistake too many times, don't want to see it repeated again.

Here's hoping the thread makes it through the night.

I can only imagine. Must be hard to keep track of things when it gets quick.

So what is everyone interested in at the moment?

Seeing all those arms coming out of the door made me think of Ball of Arms Man

Damn super-squatters! You leave for a hundred years and people think they own the place.

Maybe I saw that once and got subconsciously influenced. I assumed my idea came from a visual in one or other of the Fatal Frame games, though.

I imagine the Baron would be another demon, so an important question would be what color suits him.

Is there a colour suited towards money and business?

green, yellow, gold?

Yellow and Pink are our two most business related colors. Yellow is probably the more suitable of the two, but there's an odd quirk with it where there's technically only one truly Yellow demon. Every other demon part of the Yellow faction is just sworn to his colors. It's something to illustrate that all the demons of the faction are so obsessed with something or other that they're willing to forswear their original colors. It gives them a very shifty, disloyal feeling from the onset.

So, if he were Yellow, the follow-up question naturally becomes, what color did he start as?

Green is Knowledge in the Demon Realms.

>Yellow and Pink are our two most business related colors.

Seems like an easy option would just be to make him a Yellow-sworn Pink demon.

I'm going to need to look back over the list again if I'm going to come to a good answer to that. I keep imagining the baron as big for some reason, but I doubt that's colour dependent.

I'm not sure whether it'd be better to go with a big, toothy demon who for some reason acts like a quiet and classy "respectable" mafioso-type landlord, or something less assuming.

Upon inspection, I'm stuck between pink and yellow as well. Might be interesting to do what said...

Why would a demon of that sort turn into a weird land baron anyway? Or allow a tenant to sell off all the magical junk in a bizarre tower and collect more without issue? I think you guys are right that the Baron is something to explore...

Why is Twilight Sparkle an elf

Last week's thread was one of the most productive in ages.

Always nice to get a good look at everyone in that shot.

This is absolutely wonderful.

Right now I'm interested in Sup Forumsle and also Grimoire.

You have it a little bit wrong.

When we say things like "green demon" or "yellow demon" the demon in question's color does not need to be that color. They can be that color, but it refers more to their allegiance.

The demon kings are usually the color used to represent them, but demons should be capable of changing their natural color as part of their unstable nature.

And not all demons are sworn to a king. Some are really, REALLY old and have super crazy magic that gets them out of the demon magic life sucking system.
Or they have their own methods to remain independent.

His physical color could still be black, his allegiance could be to whichever king (if he has one).

Might I recommend The Somber Maestro?

We haven't developed him yet, so maybe his thing is building foundations, infrastructure, future planning, and having grand ambitions.

Do you think the Maestro would explain why the tower's layout is so in flux?

He could, provided they have some way to contact him.

It might be why the Barron bought it, because he wanted to look at it.
But then there was too much junk in it and so someone need to get rid of that stuff.

With the way the tower is described, it sounds like it was one of Hank's earlier works.

I'm about to go to bed, but that seems interesting. There's so much interesting info on the demon kings and realms that there are a lot of avenues one could take.

I like that Moira's plot is doing for me exactly what I wanted it to do for other people. It's a pretty low-key personal thing that can intersect with other plots and act as an interest hook for the magical parts of the setting!

Hank's a weird case when it comes to demons, he's apparently from somewhere else and exists outside of the usual demon system.

His m.o. usually deals in dimensional portals, something that is not easy for most demons to even make even one of, much less a reliable stable one.
Hank has thousands, all reliable, all stable.

So this building might be something the Barron or whoever his boss ends up being wants to reverse engineer.
But that's all speculative fluff for the time being.

Anyone can write.

Motion's plot is decently defined, seems the person drawing a lot of the pics has a good grasp of the story they want to tell with the character. Plenty of room for wacky crossovers and side adventures too.

Sup Forumsntainment lends itself to pretty much anything in the setting. It doesn't take much mental gymnastics to figure out how to get them in a story.

She's not quite underaged enough for Japan

Is this young boy upset that he dropped his icecream?

webmshare.com/play/ZrzW0

youtube.com/watch?v=C0X3CLJVMJU

That is brilliant.

>Kirsten Dunst
what
Am I actually alive - is this fucking real?

>Anyone can write.

Yeah and anyone can draw, too. Writing is no different than art, it takes a lot of practice and effort and study to really get a handle for it. Being a good writer isn't terribly easy, it's something you have to work towards.

Sorry if that's not really terribly related to your post, but as an actual aspiring writer it irritates me that people think that just anyone can start from scratch and be a great writer.

>Being a good writer isn't terribly easy

Being a good writer is incredibly difficult. The rise of out "acceptably mediocre" into "actually good" takes a long time. What's makes it really hard is that there's not really a decent way to practice writing. Doing more of it won't necessarily improve your skills. Reading a lot of different kinds of books from authors of different styles is the best way I've found. Always be thinking about what you write and ask yourself "would I want to read this?"

I never said anything about being "good".

Even bad stories here can have good concepts and then they get polished if the right group is around with some degree of interest in the concept.

It's more about coming up with something you personally find entertaining and then seeing if anyone else is entertained by the idea and what ideas it gives them.
Then you get a narrative in directions you didn't think of before and it can either take off from there or die before the first step since no one bothered to even post their ideas in the first place.

The same.