Secret Facebook Page Reveals Marvel, DC Comics Writers Conspiring to Harass Comic-Con Conservatives

Other urls found in this thread:

pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/09/21/secret-facebook-page-reveals-marvel-dc-comics-writers-conspiring-harass-comic-con-conservatives/
youtube.com/watch?v=jCfGL5gSlsI
twitter.com/jondelarroz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What in the fuck.

easily faked, post a link or fuck off

>
pjmedia.com/lifestyle/2017/09/21/secret-facebook-page-reveals-marvel-dc-comics-writers-conspiring-harass-comic-con-conservatives/

>The comic book world has had its share of scandals, including the very recent and highly protested revelation that Captain America is really a Nazi, angering fans worldwide. Mark Waid, who recently took over the Captain America comic book for Marvel, has stepped into more hot water after appearing to call out a fan and popular YouTube reviewer for targeted harassment at this year's Comic-Con on his Facebook page.

>Richard Meyer has a YouTube channel called Diversity & Comics, where he reviews current comic books. Most of his reviews mock the overreaching and suffocating leftist messaging that has infiltrated the entire industry. I've seen enough of them to say with confidence that Meyer seems like a pretty nice guy with a passion for comic books. His reviews contain no swearing or major insults, just mild humor and a lot of chuckling.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCfGL5gSlsI

>Meyer is just shy of 40,000 subscribers. He has more viewers than "The Avengers" comic book had readers in August.

Fuck off, shill. No one cares about your dumb e-celeb social media drama.

Fuck off D&C. There's nothing there about conservatives, just one idiot who thinks he speaks for everyone and deserves a punch.

Literal whos. Kill yourself. Get back to me when Slott or Lobdell are planning to rape Trump supporters, or fuck off.

twitter.com/jondelarroz

"I wish I could deck that guy" is hardly a conspiracy

Why do crybabies like D&C love playing the victim so much?

> photo of a computer
Literally kill yourself tier.

Man, I get wanting to put your friends on alert that someone's going to show up looking for trouble, but why on Earth, in this day and age, would you ever ADMIT to wanting to assault someone on social media? Just feels like asking for trouble. If anything actually does happen to this Meyer dude now, people will know who to point the finger at.

also conspiring/shit talking is hardly a crime.

>People talk big about fighting people they dislike on the internet but in the end will do nothing

There's nothing new here.

Did this e-celebrity actually say he was going to do something at the con?

It's hilarious that D&C got platinum assmad and tried to start a """"#ComicGate"""" over a Marvel intern saying she was getting harassed over social media when people were just doing some standard internet shitposting, and then he turns around and gets platinum assmad and cries harassment when some people do the same thing to him.

If you think this is harassment then you have to admit that D&C and his sycophants were harassing Heather Antos and vice-versa.

Its real. The people in that screen shot already went on record backing down saying they were "just kidding" and pretending to be retarded.

>There's nothing there about conservatives
It's a clckbait title. What do you expect? It's true they were conspiring against D&C though. Mark Waid went public with it when he thought D&C was going to Baltimore con. Waid has a huge beef.

Who even is D&C? I get he's a e-celeb but why do I keep seeing his name on Sup Forums? Is it just one guy shilling him or what?

>D&C gets platinum assmad and cries harassment
This never happened.

Nobody is going to click your JewTube link, so you can get free money. Now fuck off.

>I want to yell out "ONE PUNCH" after you deck him lolz

What fucking losers

>being so paranoid about some literal who with a youtube channel
Jesus christ.

clean your fucking screen for god sakes.

link
or
fuck
off

>Marvel intern saying she was getting harassed over social media
Neither did this. In both cases, it was just clickbait sites trying to spin some completely inconsequential social media shitposting into some big controversy for easy clicks which then resulted into things snowballing.

>Who even is D&C?
Diversity & Comics on YouTube. He's an old man who films comic reviews on his phone and shits on SJWs. Somehow that makes Sup Forums ass ravaged.

Lmao d&c working those sjw nigger faggots into a shoot once again. He gives good reviews and I hope more real comic fans like him speak up and we get rid of the leftist cancer in the comic book industry

Bump

Who even are these people, interns?

>people that like cape comics make a cape comic reference
Woah, what a Shocker.

>Is it just one guy shilling him or what?
Yes

>Neither did this.
No, but the white knights and comic "journalists" painted it that way. It's all biased. You're biased too. You're bending facts to make one side into a villain.

The Esposito guy is a letterer for DC. Waid and Brevoort who were also involved are obvious. Houser writers for DC and Marvel

>You're bending facts to make one side into a villain.
Yes, the side of "people that take social media too seriously." Which, by the by, is both sides.

its lame

>It's true they were conspiring against D&C though. Mark Waid went public with it when he thought D&C was going to Baltimore con. Waid has a huge beef.

Its not a fucking conspiracy if Waid puts that information out in the open. Conspiracy implies secrecy.

Fair enough. I neglected to read the rest of your post. I admit I'm biased too.

Really it's the media and their shenanigans that always inflate these situations.

Every fucking time.

>Conspiracy implies secrecy.
The Facebook chat in op was secret. An insider leaked it out. Waid was operating on his own.

>less than 40,000 readers of the Avengers
wow, things are really this bad?

The fact that professional writers feel the need to conspire against some nut job fan because of a youtube channel is fucking disgusting. Will someone tell these writers to act like fucking professionals and too ignore these people. And if you're a writer getting attacked on social media then block people.

The other guys are kinda small time, and Houser seems at least reasonable in those posts.

But Waid and Brevoort even touching this is stupid. Its not that big a deal but I guess white knighting is a drug.

>Meyer is just shy of 40k subs, he has more viewers than The Avengers comic book had readers in Aug

Savage

>It's hilarious that D&C got platinum assmad
Seriously? I can't even imagine Richard Meyer getting "assmad" about anything. He doesn't swear, doesn't raise his voice, doesn't do anything as unprofessional as these comic book writers talking about how they'd like to goad an ex-Marine into throwing a punch. It's obvious you haven't watched a single video of his.

>Normies would rather watch someone talk about a comic rather than read the comic themselves.

in other news water is wet.

>The Avengers are the hottest Superhero brand in the last 5 years, except for maybe Batman
>Can't sell 40k

That's not how youtube subscribers work.

>>Meyer is just shy of 40,000 subscribers. He has more viewers than "The Avengers" comic book had readers in August.
T-that doesn't count digital, r-right...?

It's also a smalltime subscription count.

Somehow that makes comics "proffesionals" even more ravenously ass annihilated
Isn't that talentless cunt Mark Waid supposed to be a top billed comic book writer, and he's getting into petty scuffles with some internet nobody for some fucking reason

Like I tried watching a couple of videos, they're fucking boring, meandering, redundant, 0 production values or editing shitty videos, I don't get why everyone is losing their shit over this guy
oh and what I love the most is Sup Forums's attitude towards him and this situation
>oh sweetie pls, we are not """offended"" by this guy's videos,we are merely pointing out how shitty his videos are
>proceeds to shit up the front page of Sup Forums with a 700 post thread every single day
You only need to look at the ratio of pro to anti posts to see who's getting the most baited and assblasted

That's all, just gonna hide these threads from now on

>Trans Marvel, Carl Manvers.

>Its real. The people in that screen shot already went on record backing down saying they were "just kidding" and pretending to be retarded.
[Citation needed]

>Mark Waid, who recently took over the Captain America comic book for Marvel, has stepped into more hot water after appearing to call out a fan and popular YouTube reviewer for targeted harassment at this year's Comic-Con on his Facebook page.
This is going to kill Waid's recent attempts to go back to DC, right? Good.

He called her a fake geek girl, made a video how they're only assistant editors because they're young females. White Knights blew up the comment by someone else that they were sexually attracted to Heather Anthos and would fuck her.

D&C then somehow was linked to the shit. Trolling happened on Twitter by him & others, and bunch people got together trying to conspire against him. Even going so far as trying to get D&C so pissed that he would throw a punch, but would get clapbacked in "One Punch".

Its stupid. The guy does YouTube, like him or hate him, he's a YouTuber. He calls Marvel out on their shit, and they get assblasted by it.

>they were hust kidding
Obviously. Only an absolute retard would believe this was anything else but frustrated venting.

Digital suppliers don't release sales numbers, so it doesnt.

Subscribers does not equal views.

>He calls Marvel out on their shit, and they get assblasted by it.
As does Sup Forums, judging by some of the comments in this thread

I think the best part is that they think that, if they ever actually WERE able to goad an ex-Marine into throwing a punch, that there would be any of them left standing to shout "ONE PUNCH" like a huge fag.

This here. I think D&C has around max 15k fans. And most subscribers are dead accounts. Its still a good number he gained, but i would always be carefull with subscribers and views. And we dont know what the viewedtime for the vods say.

Man this is shite. Sup Forums said you guys where having your own wee gamergate but this seems all so tame and lame

It's just some guy trying to make us his personal army.

And the comics sold number doesn't mean that's how many people read the comic either

Breevort and Waid aren't as big as Slott or Lobdell?

Are you new?

I don't think the market really cares about that. If you buy the comic you're a fan to them.

His most viewed vid is the one about how much Carol sucks and it's like at 200k. Which is certainly more than anyone interested in her comic

Both sides are starving for a big stink and comicgate to feed on and profit off, so they've been constantly promoting this guy to set it off. It's too obvious and neat how set up this is, but idiots and his fans will push this shit to for their outrage boners, D&C will get more subscribers while twitter, marvel and every blogger will enjoy the click bait bucks coming in.

This better start a comicgate

>This guy makes us feel unsafe, therefore, the most logical move is to provoke a marine into a fist fight.

>they're fucking boring

They can be. Especially when he repeats himself. However for most part it's part the charm.

>meandering & redundant

He's talking whatever is off top of his head. He's not following a script. He says what he's thinking, his opinion, and what not. He can go off on a tangent, however again that's part of doing things without a script.

>0 production values or editing shitty videos

He mostly live streams stuff from his phone during his offtime. He's not a professional YouTuber who works off a script, has multiple takes, makes a polished video with editing. He streams and posts stuff from his phone, does it live for the most part.

You don't need any of that if you're just gonna talk about comics, or comic drama. He's just a dude posting shit from his phone because he loves comics and is sadden by the direction Marvel is going.

gamergate started because of a bunch of journalist and indie people being friends. This is trying to attack the industry itself, this shit is bound to fail.

Yeah but Sup Forums is part of the infamous hacker/white supremacist known as Sup Forums.

When did Megan Fox quit acting?

I'm sorry but I just feel how hypocritic this is. If someone like EVS said he wants to punch a liberal Comic Book E-Celeb I bet you that there'll be muckraking about it for the whole month with threats to boycott Hal and Pals.

Yes, and its 4 months old. That doesnt indicate how many fans he has. If those fans, just because they like how he rants about carol, click 10 times the video? Maybe carol fans just clicked it and closed it after 5minutes, because they dislike him? The problem is you can even easy bot your views.
After a short look, his vod that are about 3-4 days ol have an average 14k views. So im so bold saying this carol is just an exception, and they were not his fans, revisiting fans or just a bot that went through an algorhythmus because captain marvel was a trending search.

The last thing we fucking need is a comicgate.

It will inevitably turn into culture wars bullshit when the issue with Marvel is shit writers and artists and almost zero editors. And it gives an easy out for Marvel on this by giving them a definite thing to point to and say ''we dont need to improve, people only hate us because they're racist/sexist/etc like these guys''.

He's a Dude from the Internet who's trying to get into the lucrative career of Online Pop Culture Critic. Luckily, he pissed off the right comic writers/artists to take him seriously, and his subs and ads have been rocketing the past few weeks.

There's sjw leftists bias

What's ironic is this that in Ms Marvel Generations, Carol was the most feminine she's been in forever. She had long hair, breasts, hips, soft facial features, round shoulders, and makeup.

Which is leagues apart from her bulldyke appearances as of late. Yet the comic book was just a book about women doing boring shit. While trying to make it out like its 1960s. When it was most likely the 90s.

I don't know any of these people so I'm gonna assume you're lying.

This is the state of internet discussion now. All anger and no self-evaluation.

Maybe, if the E-Celeb wasn't famous for being an online harasser.

This. He's also a known casual who doesn't know how to review for shit the pathetic man child actually made a video bitching about how he was sad that we didnt like his fan fiction.

*That is

>'we dont need to improve, people only hate us because they're racist/sexist/etc like these guys''.

They're already claiming that. That's been their go to line for awhile now.

>no bleedingcuck article yet
C'mon you fucking leech get to it. Make those fucking cucks show their true colors as they scramble to defend these fucks while damning EVS for shitposting.

Did you know Osama Bin Laden? Did you assume Barack Obama was lying when he announced he'd been assassinated?

You don't have to know people to believe things.

They are the biggest comic nerds, it fits

D&C, I know you want us to be your knights in shining armor to save you from the oh so dangerous private shit posting, but it's not going to happen. Stop making these threads.

But it is cukture wars bullshit. They keep forcing shitty characters because their liberal college bias tells them that comics need messages about feminism and white guilt in them. If you ask me comicgate has been a long time coming

he told someone they got their job because they're a woman and that Marble Comic sucks. IIRC he got famous because he parrots the Marble is Garbage slop. That's hardly online harrassment, unless you have an account of him threathening to physically attack someone?

Fuck D&C, he's gone now and deleted his name on Youtube. So that when his videos show up on your front page you can't ignore them by seeing his channel name. What a fucking asshole

He doesn't know how Sup Forums works. He thought it was an Internet forum but he was confused as to why threads end.

He's still there. Shouldn't you be doing something else Waid?

>They keep forcing shitty characters because their liberal college bias tells them that comics need messages about feminism and white guilt in them.
And their comics are suffering because of it you retard. If let it be the mouse will inevitable step in and clean the house from poor sales. This is exactly what Marvel wants, this /always/ what they want. More controversy, so they can bitch on Twitter and have their Tumblr defence force to bump Mockingbird to a best seller status. This happens every fucking year and you retard keep falling for it. THEY EVEN ADMITTED TO IT! How dense can you faggots get. Leave them alone and capitalism will sort them out, you dense mother fucker.

>They keep forcing shitty characters because their liberal college bias tells them that comics need messages about feminism and white guilt in them.

fucking dc with their SJW pandering garbage

Here's a top tip: read better comics.

Its a waste of time to get mad over bad comics. There are tons of great comics out there which dont have political bullshit in them which you could be reading.

He was lying retard. He referenced shit that happened in other threads in that video. How naive can you be? He probably started this thread too.

No, because i want then to get offended and if anything the bad publicity will make their comics fail worse if we attack long enough
Black rights are different to feminist scum
The fact there books exsist angers me. I havent even bought marvel in two years

>thinking Richard is behind this thread
>being this paranoid