Lego Ninjago movie

I saw it.

It's alright. Some jokes were gold, some were shit, the story was a mess. But there's one thing worth buying this movie for.

Do you watch the show? How does it compare?

>But there's one thing worth buying this movie for
Is it giant robots?

That's pretty much the only reason why I'm gonna watch it.

Completely unrelated to the show, and i think it's a good thing. It could be about any other band of heroes and the story wouldnt change much.

that's a good reason, but there's another one.

>paying for another 90 minute toy commercial

Commercials are an art form as well.

>>paying for another 90 minute toy commercial

at least it wasnt another pixar commercial

>But there's one thing worth buying this movie for.
What is it?

The waifus, user, there's always the waifus

motherfucking
smear
frames

I like those

me too

>this got a proper video game adaptation
>not Lego Batman, which had a shitload of villains and supporting characters

dude, LB got like three videogames.

besides "Lego Batman the Movie the Videogame." sound too much imo.

*sounds

well, i tried.

Anyway, the trailers are actually misleading, there's no scene with bride and groom, and the recent "conquer the world" was practically scrapped.

The scene with the constant Wilhelm screams was priceless. Best joke in the movie.

"I thought you'd take me more seriously if i was dead"

They didn’t have all the obscure characters, though. I wanted to play as Egghead, King Tut, and Magpie.

Cars 3 was actually great.

Holy shit! Thatt's great and kinda clever.

I have watched the show early on, the movie has some similar lore like Garmadon being a product of insanity and corruption from being bitten by a snake that was supposedly bitten by a spider.

Also a joke about La-loyd thinking he could be the gold ninja.

Other than that, it's pretty much in its own self contained reboot universe. The ninjas don't have tazmanian devil spinning powers and they use their elemental powers different than their show counterparts.

Lego Batman and the Lego Movie are obviously better, but Ninjago movie was still pretty good. Just hope future Lego movies don't pummel themes of friendship, believing in yourself, individuality, and family into the ground. Unlike the other lego movies, the Ninjago movie did have forgiveness as a moral.

Garmadon, Wu, and Jackie Chan were pretty much the best thing about the movie.

>allegory for pixar giving up and passing the mantle to WDAS
>great