ITT: Name a show that wouldn't work if the characters were genderswapped

ITT: Name a show that wouldn't work if the characters were genderswapped.

Other urls found in this thread:

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Johnny-Bravo-Season-01/Episode-001c?id=2896
youtube.com/watch?v=66L3dd1Sf2U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do comics count? Because if so Ditko era Spider-Man.

Johnny Bravo

Bratz

Spongebob Squarepants.

Bojack Horseman s4

Star Vs
I mean, it would work, but it wouldn't stay on the air.

Gravity Falls

He means boy abusing a girl
Feminazis would go ape shit.

On the other hand, Ludo as a cute monster girl would be neat

Adventure Time

Why's that?

We have plenty of boy crazy ladies in cartoons, though. The only difference would be the shift from the physical violence being done by the love interests to it being the result of the protagonist being a klutz.

Ice King's OC stinks.

You think I don't want that?

Girl johnny would be cute, fuck you
you're right, people would lose their minds

I'd let Ice Queen stink all over me if you catch my drift.

His point isn't so much people would be offended or Johnni isn't cute. The issue is it makes no sense that she'd constantly get turned down by literally every guy except literal animals.

I just want a twink Star.

I dunno. Gideon has done some creepy stuff in order to try and make his crush with Mabel work and it wasn't viewed as heinous.

She's basically seen as an insect alien there, so I think it would still work.

>johnni
>sex with animals

It's canon that Johnny does score, but we only see the failures. Considering that she'd have the same personality, it would make sense she'd get turned down a lot too - hell, the show could focus on her wanting a lasting relationship and guys running away the second they realize how annoying/clingy/etc. she is.

When was that confirmed?

...That's just kinda sad

Since most of Morty's failings are virtues for girls chick Morty would probably be to busy getting laid and being well adjusted to get into hijinks with some old lady.

imagine how any of the interactions with "suitors" would go in a gender swapped situation.
"Johnni" would run up to the first man she sees, say a shitty pickup line and probably flash some cleavage (in leau of flexing muscles), then proceed to get the shit kicked out of her by that guy.
is on the right track, but forgets exactly how much of the show involved getting punched in the face by offended women.

Popeye

Isn't that just Watamote?

kimcartoon.me/Cartoon/Johnny-Bravo-Season-01/Episode-001c?id=2896
5:17

Oh boy I've got a crush on girl marco

South Park.

There's a Girl morty actually and she most likely has a Rick so..

There may be one but the shows not about them and all those I want to nail Jessica or X girl episodes fall apart if he's a chick.

Johny bravo's actually handsome and not mentaly unhinged though. Also iirc word of god says that he does get laid frequently and we just see his misses because it's funnier.

Man, can you imagine how the fucking Tomco shippers would take off.
What would male hekapoo look like?

>I want to nail Jessica or X girl episodes fall apart if he's a chick.
Not really it could just become an "i want a dick in my mounth righ now" episode.

This.

Alt-righters too, on account of the whole cucking situation.

That episode would be two minutes long and basically, chick Morty asking for a dick and promptly getting one.

Morticia seems to be shy and retarded like your average Morty, Also i bet that Rick would be watching beacuse he doesn't want another Jerry.
So probably not.

Any Batman show, any Superman show. Would be unrealistic if they were girls.

>When was that confirmed?
the creator was asked about that infamous "Virgin Sacrifice" scene from the Amazons episode, and he confirmed that Johnny isn't a virgin and does succeed occasionally, it's just never seen onscreen both for comedy purposes and cause it'd be hard to pull off on a children's show(it's kinda like how one episode of King of The Hill reveals that Boomhauer will ask out a bunch of different women and get rejected by most of them, but the show normally only shows his successes, an inversion of Johnny's situation where we only see his failures)

>"Johnni" would run up to the first man she sees, say a shitty pickup line and probably flash some cleavage (in leau of flexing muscles), then proceed to get the shit kicked out of her by that guy.
I'd love to see that.

Being shy and dumb only repels pussy, anyway he tries to talk to Jessica constantly he just strikes out every time.

It would be distracting as fuck.

Think about it, Davina Xanatos.

Todd?

I wouldn't mind trying something like this.

I'd assume any show dealing with fathering, pregnancy, or specific issues dealing with being a young man or young woman wouldn't work very well. Unfortunately, none are really coming to mind at the moment, at least not with western cartoons/comics. There are certainly some topics which become very weird if you decide to try ignoring the gender of the main character.

Most, obviously, don't have much problem with this.

Wouldn't be that distracting. We've had plenty of female keikaku characters.

I was going to say that a female Coop would not work, then I remembered Ellie from Borderlands and I say go for it

But user, that idea sounds hilarious.

I think he means the simple cloth bikinis on everyone

that would work easily

spongebob is very genderfluid

women actually enjoy things like that though

You think a guy slapping a girls ass would slide by the EsJayDoubleYous?

I know, but censors and parents would never let it slide. Until society can rise to the challenge, our kind will be stuck festering in this sad pit. At least there are some animes that pull this off

kek

No show would work. Almost 100% of shows are made with male protagonists because the little boys who watch them won't identify with a girl because their friends would make fun of them.

she could get the snot beaten out of her by the suitors enraged girlfriend/wife

or shit, maybe a super jealous little girl ala Phineas and Ferb's Candace/Susie dynamic

The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Neo yokio

A mechanic chick who sits around playing video games would be just fine as a show, honestly. And we've already established chicks dig giant robots.

I think I'm OK with this.

Totally Spies; nobody wants to see a bunch of dudes in tight spandex outfits go on fetish fuel adventures every week.

>nobody
Somebody does. It just ain't me.

>Ben 10 gender swamps
>I now gain a metric ton of empty for male Gwen getting dragged along with his grandma and female cousin all summer having to put up with their shit

Correct.
Leather outfits on the other hand.

It would last 10 seconds until Jenna approaches the first guy and he says yes

I don't see how that keeps the show from working?

>a metric ton of empty
Come again?

the boondocks
episodes about tom's fear of getting raped in prison or Gangstalicious just fall apart.

>Marcia
Not a Hispanic name. Maria would be a better fit.

>GHOSTBUSTERS

And yet...

Gangstalicious would just have to be a closet dyke.
Maybe conversely it could be funny if she had a Tegan and Sarah thing going on with her music but she was closet straight.

Bojack Horseman

I assume user meant empathy

Imagine if Tina were a boy.

Chowder; Panini and Mr Endive would be arrested on the spot for harassing Chowder and Schnitzel. Not to mention all the stuff about Truffles being an abusive husband to Mung.

Fist of the north star.

>Marcia will never dance cumbia with you
youtube.com/watch?v=66L3dd1Sf2U
What a sad world this is

Duck tales

>gender swap
DID YOU JUST IMPLY THERE ARE ONLY TWO GENDERS?

There is no such thing as gender, it just sounds better than a sex swap

Bitch I watched Powerpuff girls and not even once did it occur to me or my friends that it's was for girls.

>Jhonni Brava is based in Saudi Arabia instead of Generic America
There I fixed it.

Ducktales

this

Aaaaand canceled

I could see it working

I would hate male Star.

Genderswapped Spongebob would work if the characters were cute anime girls.
Squidward is best girl

Why?
Just take Dexter and Deedee, make Dexter more mean and add fem-Grim

I don't think Jackeline would be allowed to suffer clothing damage nor getting the shit beaten out of her as often as Jack did.

A show about a retarded girl being constantly abused physically and mentally by her overly cold and violent male friend.
It really wouldn't fly that far.

Deedee was silly, Billy is downright mentally challenged

does "actually" mean "by a sizeable portion that doesn't represent the majority of the population" where u're from?

if so, then i guess i can say that men ACTUALLY enjoy things like a couple fingers up the ass