I worked on a reservation

I worked on a reservation...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Who would believe they would love me and leave on a bus back to old Santa Fe?

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI

overrated

Nice bump, shit taste. You saved the thread.

>the interior cab shot where the steering wheel is sharply turning to try and move away from the impending crusher
Goddamn this segment was fucked up

I like two details from the song: the cars who are implied to have been in a crash together "i took a man to a wedding" "i put a man on a graveyard", and the surfirst one whose owner got eaten by a shark (notice the shark bite on the surfing board)

>truck literally drove on to the conveyor belt
>still functioned but committed suicide because it felt worthless

It was guilt, user. That truck drove some people to a not nice place.

Indy Car is the one I felt most for, it was something about the wistful tone he had thinking back to his races

I don't think it was despair, rather I prefer to think it was pride. Every road has to end. The old pickup knew it was his time. He was scared like all the other cars, but instead of struggling against the inevitable, he tried to resign himself and face death with dignity.

Its pretty much nothing, but i like how the magnet seems taken a back by how he jumps. Given the situation he died on his own terms.

He still couldn't face the crusher, though. All the other cars were immobile so they had to watch it coming. He turned his back. That's a detail that I liked.

Big big tumours on those rats!

Is this any sadder than the implication that the guy died on the way to his wedding?

I dont think it was his wedding. "He kept forgetting his loneliness letting his thoughts, turn to home and returned". I think the implication is that the man was invited to a wedding, but he felt very lonely himself and so turned back on the road, crashing with another car.

I never really thought about it before but - what is even the point of this convoluted crusher?

why (and how) does it produce tiny metal cubes on a second conveyor belt, and where do they go?

In reality they would have been compacted into smaller versions, However showing them mangled into cubes would have been too violent for a children's movie.

From what cartoon it is?

Why did the car crusher have a face on it? It's not the usual faces on mechanical things in the movie either, it doesn't go away when humans are around.

Boku no Toaster

that's actually how it was built to look

the engineer who designed just had a twisted sense of humour I guess

Jesus, how is it I never put that together until now?

This movie was actually quite morbid at times now that i am thinking about it.

>at times

This shit was fucking nightmare fuel from GO or have you forgotten the Air Conditioner

You mean the fact that he loses his mind and pretty much kills himself?That scared me more then the clown shit.

also the whole sequence with the 'new' appliances in the store

Densetsu no Muteki-no Chisai Tostaa

This and The Land Before Time met the same fate.

Existentional journeys masked as animation, often not even for kids, that turned into generic shit in the sequels.

I hurt myself today.

You know what baffles me? Does anyone remember the sequel where they go to mars? I still can't believe that it wasn't just some dumb random idea, but was actually based on the book from the same author. Like how the hell do you come up with that?

Wait, am I retarded? Where'd he drive them?

So what would it be like if the TV guy met the actual man from the commercial? It'd almost like a clone meeting its original person, except the clone is basically immortal and has basically made its entire life built around a one-time gig the actor did for a shitty paycheck.

Except the BLT sequel was a legit sequel.

Drugs/alcohol.

Or just not giving a fuck after having put some of your ass into the first work.

Im not your history teacher

I drive to the Reservation every weekend, user. They have nickel slots.

What kind of reservation?
What's wrong with Santa Fe?

Explain this shit to me.

>the hearse that was around nothing but death and misery his entire life
>always hearing how each one died and how the family was suffering

Did he kill himself or did he have the mechanical equivalent of a rage-induced heart attack?

I always figured he tried to drink his loneliness at that wedding away, and due to drunk driving he got into that deadly accident.

The brave Little toaster

He had the mechanical equivalent of a complete nervous breakdown. They were all headed there, as evidenced by how on edge they were about the kid coming back. The blanket was hallucinating. They were cracking up man, that's why Toaster knew they had to do something drastic at that point, or they'd all wind up like the AC: broken.

Have you read the sequels to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? YA fiction is weird as fuck.

YOU'RE WORTHLEEEEEEEEEEESS

>"I must confess I'm impressed that I did it I wonder just how close I came."
>He never finished the race.

This shit is both terrifying and sad and also terrifying.

An Indian reservation. A patch of land reserved for Native Americans, allotted to them by the US Government. Santa Fe is where the aforementioned reservation was located, hence them ditching the pickup and taking a bus ride home from "the skids." Whatever that means.

>a one-time gig the actor did for a shitty paycheck.

Probably not.
Local ads like that are almost always the owner or an employee of the business acting poorly to save a few bucks.

Vermicious Knids were still scary as fuck despite looking like giant chicken nuggets.

You mean driving teacher?