I like the movie but who the fuck approved this shot?

I like the movie but who the fuck approved this shot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9y-xxqKKoEQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MlwHKphUU_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Yrdih26Dv_g
youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=127
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Jesus Christ

It's a poster shot. The kind of thing you put on merch that's being dumped on Wal-Mart.

>"Gal.....GAL! SHIT! LOOK AT THE FUCKING CAMERA!"

It was pretty awful, yeah. Honestly, WW is kind of a weird movie, in that some of the shots are legitimately fantastic, even downright gorgeous, but some of the other shots are laughably bad and super corny. It's the only cape movie like that, where you can take individual parts and it genuinely looks like it should be a bad movie, but the movie as a whole is actually pretty good.

And the explosions are all overly saturated, over-the-top nonsense.

Her expression is kinda ridiculous.

Too many directors/writers, its a miracle it came out as good as it did.

Gal's acting was all over the place too oddly enough, sometimes she was genuinely enjoyable to watch and others she was exactly what you thought she'd be based on the trailers.

>its a miracle it came out as good as it did
It really is. I expected absolute garbage and I ended up getting one of the best cape movies in awhile, flaws aside.

This, remember civil war awful running scene?

That makes sense I guess.
What are some other examples of poster shots?

The MCU is a god damn slideshow of posters

>Can't even follow a green ball

Pretty sure he had nothing to do with it.

Civil war was simply lazy, the entire movie was full of problems
youtube.com/watch?v=9y-xxqKKoEQ

honestly, I think the dynamic between Chris and Gal is what made the movie. If the casting had been anyone but the two of them or only one of them it wouldn't have worked.

not saying the movie wasn't good aside from their chemistry, but that's personally what I felt was the most unique/what stood out to me.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it's just the last act that looks this bad, right?

>WW is kind of a weird movie, in that some of the shots are legitimately fantastic, even downright gorgeous

That's for sure.

Yeah, final act was a miscarriage. It's decent until Ares starts directly fighting Wonder Woman.

the movie got some kino moments, mind a spoiler?
youtube.com/watch?v=MlwHKphUU_Y

All the action scenes are at least partially awful. The final act is pure shit.

The no man land was great.

Nah, most of the action was fine

Every action scene had at least one "fuck that's bad cg" or excessive slowdown moment.

Wish I could find a better picture, but this shot was so unbelievably corny.

You shut your whore mouth. The warehouse fight scene and the one right afterward were unironically kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yrdih26Dv_g

>Most of the action was fine

They need to ban Jenkins from using slow motion. It has that 300 syndrome of being a short movie stretched to 2 hours because of all the slow mo.

that one was great, wtf are you implying?

Most of the DCEU movies are like this. I still loved the movie and thought most of the action sequences are great, but you could tell they were trying to make the movie look like a Zack Snyder film. Which honestly, isn't that big of a problem to me, because Snyder's movies look visually awesome, they're just complete shit otherwise. I don't mind the slow mo, they just need to fuck off with the shitty shots with the next one.

Why they did so many cuts? You can't see the choreography at all, if you do that literally anyone can make a fight scene.

:13-:16 was in-engine video-game-tier.

>Most of the DCEU movies are like this.
Guardians of The Galaxy 2 and Spiderman homecoming both had slow motion

This shot too. What the fuck were they thinking with this?

I haven't seen Spider-Man yet, but GotG's slow mo wasn't ubiquitous like it is in every DCEU movie but Suicide Squad.

Bait?

And they weren't as egregious with it as the DECU.

Christ, no one even mentioned him

The movie went to shit immediately after she killed the general

How is bait? It was literally better than most homecoming action scenes, and homecoming actions scenes were ok.

>A woman fighting crime
Hahaha
What will they come up with next?

>A woman fighting crime
She don't?

Being G*rman is a crime.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Quick cuts are a tool like any other. Done right they can produce a sense of confusion or quick back-and-forth that one can follow, done wrong and you obscure what's happening on screen. I once read, and I don't know the validity of it, that outside of intentional stylistic choice you shouldn't have less than three hits between cuts.

What was she even doing in that shot anyways like she's just gliding in midair in a very photogenic pose, honestly they should've just given her flying powers like in the comics

They were trying to make an homage to the first Sensation Comics cover, but they couldn't even get the sides right

That's EXACTLY how I feel about Maguire's Spider-man.

Man, that gif is the whole duration of the shot. It was not supposed to be some epic shot, just a wide pan for a few seconds. The "epicness" only starts hen they actually clash.

It wasn't complete shit just the weakest act in the film

I seriously don't understand this shot. Where is she jumping? Why did she just jump off the building? Is she supposed to be flying? Where does she expect to land?

meh seems pretty unnoteworthy

What bothers me is in the behind shot she clearly hits the top of her arc before switching to the final pose, but after the cutaway she's still moving upward toward the viewer when she should be falling.

This best sums up Wonder Woman
>It wasn't complete shit
A nice break from the rest of the DCEU

double-jump

Patty Jenkins cannot direct action. This is most prevalent with the bad choreography as well as severe overuse of shitty CGI and slow motion

bravo George?

i can forgive power of love, i can forgive him looking like english gentleman putting on armour of of scrap, i can forgive "epic showdown".

but i cant forgive that fucking flashback!

bump

>Civil war was simply lazy, the entire movie was full of problems
>Translation: I'm a gigantic faggot.

Reminds me of that overdone Superman effect, when Christopher Reeve flies to the screen.

This would have looked a lot better if she was just leaping or flash stepping around instead of trying to run.

and they say marvel movies look silly

>big superhero action film
>best scenes are the quiet talking scenes
>worst scenes are the action scenes

what's wrong with it?

I can't forgive that the German soldiers were ACTUALLY hypnotized and went back to "normal" at the end.

Like, doesn't that defeat the entire fucking purpose of the movie.

that's just a reference to the Perez run

Was I the only one bothered by the action scenes where she's just killing Germans with wild abandon?
Like, you're a nigh-invulnerable demigod, tell them to surrender or at least try to take prisoners.

They just realized it was time to stop fighting after everything fucking exploded, it's called "losing morale"

Then they would probably be running for their lives otherwise those Ally soldiers would be taking them as war prisoners. I don't know what situation happens where people realize they're on the losing side pat the enemy on the back and go, "Phew! What a fight, right? No hard feelings?".

I love the shot when she walks up to the tank and lifts it up.

Pretty sure she just knocked most of them out. It's kind of explained where the German soldiers in the village went though.

>directed by a woman

Kys rube

Why do you people always need to act like one or two still frames of effects are the worse possible thing? It was a good movie.

>It was a good movie
It was mediocre

pretty much MCU shills, as you can see you can make civil war, homecoming and pretty much every marvel movie look like trash by doing the same thing

It was better than most superhero movies in the least 5 years.

Is that a fact?

I think i would've enjoyed the action more if there wasn't slowmo in every. fucking. action. scene.
Also ares' dumb fucking mustache

That doesn't make it good.

lol

if we start to judge capeshit by average movies standards then The dark knight was the last superhero movie that was not generic, poor writting shit.

Here's your (you) my dude.

How it was mediocre?

>all this autistic nitpicking

why do I keep coming to this place?

It was easily better than: Iron man 2 and 3, dr strange, ant man, Ultron, apocalypse, all DCEU, thor 1 and 2 etc.

What bothered me the most is that she never got any dirt on her, even during the final battle when ares had her bound in train tracks or whatever it was, not scuff marks or anything.

Oddly enough this is my favorite action moment throughout the whole movie, when she actually uses her fucking lasso.

I don't understand what's supposed to be happening in this gif.
Like, it looks like Ares is throwing things at Wonder Woman's lasso thing, but why would he do that instead of just throwing them at Wonder Woman?

Just a reminder that Spider-Man Homecoming out grossed Wonder Woman

>a woman being grossed out by a spider
These sexist stereotypes need to be stopped.

The mental image of Wonder Woman being grossed out by Spider-Man is great, think she try and get Superman to squish him for her?

I get what they were going for with the Donner Superman flying but it just looks weird in slo-mo

You must really like pointless slow mo...

Yeah but for 1 Jason Bourne movie that uses it effectively, you've got dozens if not most Hollywood movies that do it to hide the fact actors aren't martial artists or stunt professional.

There's a passage where it's explained in this video:
youtu.be/Z1PCtIaM_GQ?t=127

>believes in love
>spares doctor poison
>obliterates ares

Why?

Because War is the opposite of love and Poison is just a scared woman

That the cut at 3s doesn't make sense. She rushes to the right of the screen and then you see her from the back rushing to the left. it give the impression that in the same movement, she ran toward her left in one frame and forward in the next frame.

The slow mo like all slow mo in this movie is akward. Slowing time to get a clear frame of the place and her and the tank positions is ok (kind of an iconic shot). What follows is not.

The succession of frame between her and the tank isn't fluid. At 9s, she getting in guard slowly and at 11s she moving her shield fast while the shell movement is uniform during the whole thing.

The explosion and her falling on the ground look really fake. (I know it is fake, but a lot of better stuff have been done in the last 10 years). She doesn't even look like a real person running when she rushes the tank.

Again, transition between WW bouncing on the tank and then walking toward it is jarring. The cut is obvious for no reason. It should flow: she bounces and then goes back.

Again fuckning slow motion at the end to make the impact feels impressive. Except it's the 10th or 20th slow motion sequence of the movie which makes a lot less impressive, especially just to show a piece of metal falling on the ground.

Her throwing the tank off the ground and into a wall is the only part that really works. It shows her strength and is impressive.

I know this sounds like nit picking but when I watched this 25s sequence here (or in the theater), It didn't work, things were jarring. And when I take a bit of time to analyse why it is so, I find all this problems.

In a dark theater, this scene is dark and quick enough that you don't realise he's not throwing stuff at her directly.