Stupid things you believed because you saw it in a cartoon

I believed broccoli tasted bad and I refused to eat it because of PPG

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lf1YFo3o_Tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Broccoli does taste bad unless you literally slather it in butter.

Spinach is fucking delicious but it doesn't roid you up like Popeye.

You are so goddamn retarded. Seriously kill yourself.

the broccoli tastes bad meme

Toss 'em in olive oil and roast 'em. Little salt and pepper and you'll be in love.

>slather it in butter

Broccoli is amazing on it's own, fatass.

>Big Broccoli has invaded Sup Forums

There's a lot

>I thought plant glucose tasted sweet because of the Magic School Bus and tried it. It was bitter.
>I thought jawbreakers were HUGE
>I thought I could fall asleep instantly
>I thought I'd literally sparkle if I cleaned myself with soap

Just to name ones off the top of my head.

Slapstick violence being actually funny.
Bouncing an eraser off of the back of a teacher's head didn't really generate as much fun as it would've in cartoons.

I really wish Sup Forums would shut up about how much it loves broccoli

Not only that user, but I thought Jawbreakers were good, but they're meh.

>I thought I could fall asleep instantly

My dad is a simple, oafish guy and goes right to sleep on a whim.
Several cartoon characters did this too.
I never could.

It's the only healthy thing they eat.
Makes their mommies so proud.

Same, except it was from that episode of Tiny Toon Adventures.

I tried to show my dad a toy over the phone by trying to stuff it into the speaker because of all those gags in Looney Tunes.

I remember a friend of mine getting a jawbreaker that was the size of a soft ball and had to constantly lick it and it had layers of different colors.

What's it like having the palate of a literal 6 year old

Not so much a belief but I watched a lot of Bugs Bunny as a kid and I really wanted to imitate his chewing on a carrot, but it tasted bad so I got a weenie (hot dog, frank, whatever you wanna call it) and imitated his chew while watching the cartoons. That's not weird, is it?

>Not all women are terrible bitches
>Germans, Icelanders and Norwegians are not literal subhumans

Really? It was PPG that convinced me to try out broccoli.
I didn't like it then, but nowadays it's one of my favorites.

That's awfully specific.

I thought that I could build a robot by putting a lot of scrap metal together. I even hanged out in a junkyard with my brother for a week trying to make a robot out of garbage. We were very sad when we didn't get it to move, even after we included a slot for batteries.

Is that why you are always sucking dicks now?

Jawbreakers ARE huge. The small ones you're thinking of are gobstoppers.

Takes the average human 7 mins to fall asleep if they havent been looking at a screen before trying

You know the rules, user. No lightning hitting the robot, no sentient machine.

We actually tried that. Putting up an umbrella on top of it so that it would rain and a lighting you hit it. We thought umbrellas attracted lighting.

Broccoli tastes great. Just steam it for a bit or blanch it. Don't over cook it.

>Parents are lawyers
>Watch a cartoon where characters threaten to sue one another as a joke
>Think is funny
>Next time the gym teacher makes me run I tell him I will sue him because my parents are lawyers
>He gets mad
>Sends me to the principal who gets mad
>They call my parents who also get mad
>Fuck tv

Kek

>Be 10
>Watch the proud family
>Think black people are cool and normal
>Walk up to one, say "Hey man, you're like oscar from the proud family"
>I get beaten up

Fucking cartoons

You're supposed to WASH vegetables before you eat them, user. And raw is always better than cooked.

Broccoli is not particularly good, but it's no different than any other green vegetable like string beans or peas. All the same shit.

In China, that would work.

All taste is subjective anyway.

Imagine being this fat.

>I thought firends should be forgiven always, because they are your friends.
Turns out that designing and introducing characers is more of a pain than just rapin an aeosopp and setting them back to status quo

That depends. I can easily see someone saying that broccoli tastes a bit bitter, and small children tend to strongly dislike anything bitter. You typically get find that bitter things are fine the older you get.

I generally recommend melting cheese over broccoli, assuming you aren't putting it into something like a cheese potato soup.

>Spinach is fucking delicious but it doesn't roid you up like Popeye.
Canned spinach still looks and tastes a bit like wet autumn leaves.

Fresh spinach is great, though. It's only been somewhat recently, with the whole salad bar thing and Subway, since restaurants have really been making it available for people.

This. Honestly, probably the worst part of kids cartoons is the idea that you can just forgive everyone, can just wish them the best, and then things will work out for you.

>being this Danish

He didn't mention Swedes, though.
What kind of Dane doesn't hate Swedes?

I remember sprouts was the UK equivalent of Broccoli in Beano comics and other things.

At least in the 80s-90s comics, cartoon characters probably gag at sweets now thanks to Jamie Oliver.

See, when I was a little shit I believed Popeye and ate tons of raw spinach all the time. Considering we were broke as hell and all the other kids were eating Hostess cakes, it was probably the best thing I could've done for myself health-wise. Also, my mom cooked like that Jack guy. Glad I bought into that Popeye meme back then.

You need to see someone as some kind of human to consider them truly subhuman

Brussel sprouts are actually disgusting unless you season the hell out of them. Only brussel sprouts I've ever liked were cooked with...I wanna say sweet and sour sauce and the outside was crunchy. Those were good. Plain steamed brussel sprouts though? Nasty.

>school cafeterias are terrible shit, bad as prison food, or even worse

Seems like you haven't had cornflakes cod, white sauce and plain rice every other Wednesday for like five years

Most school cafeterias are pretty terrible. Pizza was probably the best thing they had to offer when I was in school, and even that was mostly grease and not all that good, looking back.

Hell, I stopped drinking milk entirely by high school just because it was always poor and actually got spoiled milk once.

Child detected

wow literally get some taste

I don't know it might be an american thing, but I got it quite vaired. Wasn't great thing, but I always figured because they have to cook for 50+ people on a budget.

Sorta thread related, but american and japanese school systems have confused the fuck out of me as a kid. I never understood why no one got detention, why there was no mention of uniforms, or there were no clubs where people made firends.

>there were no clubs where people made firends
There are after-school clubs in most schools. It's just that you don't take the bus home and needed a parent to pick you up after school when it was done. Given that I lived around a half-hour to an hour drive from school, and that I had a single parent, I never had the chance to participate in any clubs though.

I'm not American, my school's kitchen cooked for the whole county (~700-800 kids) and pretty much everything they did was awful. Not only because it was cooked badly but because the recipes they came up with were stupid and unappetising without even being particularly budget friendly.

Well there weren't any in mine, and I should know, I was in four different ones.
When I said "it's an american thing" I've meant that may be it's bad there, since most cartoons are made by amercians, and thus depict detials of american society. I'm yuro.

That makes sense.

Foodfights are a thing.

Foodfights happened in my school

Naruto mistakenly taught me that dropping the chalkboard eraser would get a couple laughs out of everyone, including the teacher.

No one thought that would be funny in Naruto, so you were just a little faggot.

It did sound funny to me at the time

>school bathrooms are the devil
My third worlder public school bathrooms were the devil's asshole yet nobody ever blinked an eye at them.

I couldn't fathom why anyone would become criminals, because cartoons and movies had taught me that villains always lose in the end.

This show is a gold mine of bad advice.

>Just be yourself and you'll get friends!
These cartoons never specify that there are attitudes and social etiquette that determine whether people will be your friends or not by just 'being yourself'. If you as a kid are raised to be a brat and that's the default attitude then other kids won't want to be around you. Same if you're socially awkward or inept. I was the latter, being myself didn't work out until I hit college and stopped being 'myself' and started caring about what others thought of me and acted accordingly.

Holy shit this is correct.

I mean, what if you're a jerk and really like bombing in the pool? Or enjoy picking your nose and eating it? Part of growing up is learning how to compromise and adjust certain behaviors.

Learning to be sociable is also its own challenge - and doesn't come equally naturally to everyone. But you can't remain an unaware child.

IIRC the taste of broccoli varies from person to person based on which genetic markers they carry relating to the taste of sulfur,

You're from a rich suburb aren't you?

I've been to both poor rural and poor urban schools and can tell you that cafeteria food is one thing schools love to skimp on budget wise. Which is really sad because in some of the communities I lived/worked in school lunch was the only meal some of the kids got.

Isn't that cilantro?

>If you do something embarrassing, friends or especially your secret crush will pretend you're ushering in the next trend, lifting you to super cool status despite any bully's efforts.

This never happens. Ever.
Never ever. What is this horrible, horrible lie.

All foods that involve bitterness, apparently. It's a single gene that decides whether or not you find things palatable.

Personally, I chug black coffee and eat sulfurous veggies raw. But then I'm also mildly masochistic. I like the bitter edge. Only things I'm really not into are buttery or greasy flavors. So unsalted cucumbers and Folger's instant coffee don't appeal to me. But only Folger's.

this popsicle receipt from dexter's lab
overnight, all the juice would deposit itself at the bottom of the ice cube, making you a great water popsicle with juice topping

youtube.com/watch?v=lf1YFo3o_Tw

whats the context of your pic? I really like it.

Someone tries to start one a few times at my school. Every time they would yell food fight! at the top of their lungs and throw something across the room. No be else would participate and would just look at them like the moron that they were - throwing away the only food the were gonna get all day.

God I sound like a moron, I hate posting from mobile

That's hilarious, that poor kid.

>your crush will find your awkwardness and embarrassing fuckups surprisingly endearing.

No they won't. Even as a kid I always suspected that this wasn't true and yet I still held out hope that I was wrong. In my experience awkwardness and fuckups will only make your crush laugh along with everyone else they may even call you a loser under their breathe

That's the day I learned that I had to change myself before anyone could like me, and it worked!

>the classic "girls are gross" meme
I think I probably held onto that one for way longer than I should have. In hind sight, I legitimately hate my child self for being such an obnoxious little shit, and not appreciating their borderline predatory advances

Not sure if this counts, but I remember asking my mom why people don't have cartoon outlines because of the EEnE episode where they messed with reality and stole Jimmy's.

>It's another broccoli thread
We need to get /cock/ back.

None of the schools I went to had a cafeteria until high school, which mostly had desserts.

I used to see jokes all the time about people getting drunk off eggnog. Due to this up until adulthood I thought eggnog was always alcoholic and on the same level as whiskey or vodka.

i-is it not?

There's an little bit of truth in television for this one. Sure, regular eggnog is non-alcoholic and you can enjoy it perfectly well that way, but the best recipes call for a little something extra. Hell, buttered rum eggnog is one of my absolute favorite drinks to have when it's cold out.

>I thought eggnog was always alcoholic
It isn't?

I've learned since that it depends on the country. Here in Burgerland it's sold as a regular dairy drink and then you add in the booze yourself. Some companies sell it already mixed with alcohol though.

That counting sheep would always make me sleep.

Senior year in highschool this one faggot thought it would be absolutely hilarious to start a food fight and staff was already aware of that being planned, the second he tosses something the vice principal sprints in and tackles his ass to the ground.

I almost miss highschool. Almost

What cartoons made you thing that?

>Just b urself and people will like you
>people with similar interests will like you
>the MC gets something cool that makes them stand out in comparison to everyone else
>Kids almost always grow up to be buff versions of themselves
>santa is real, and he'll show up to say hi or something
>you'll get your own cool black friend

Why did cartoons always promise these impossible things, Sup Forums

That sounds fucking hilarious. Especially if he was a 5'2 manlet like my vice principal was

Are you...Me?

I think it's a reference to the "Private Pyle! What the Hell is that?" scene from Full Metal Jacket (or some other war movie, I get them mixed up), with the punchline being localized shows like Pokemon calling rice balls jelly donuts. Surprisingly clever for a single panel comic with no dialogue. Got a genuine chuckle out of me.

Sounds like you're his brother dipshit.

All my cafeteria food was good except this one very soupy.. I don't know what to call it.. like a chicken soup with the consistency of mashed soggy pancakes. Everything else was fine except that.

I did this too

I had one very half assed food fight happen. Niggers would usually turn food fights into real fights before anyone could notice though.

I thought roadrunners were a real animal for years because of Looney Toons.

Broccoli only tastes bad if it's not cooked well.
Cook it until it's only semi-crunchy and add a bit of garlic = one of the best foods you can have.

I used to think Wolverine could shoot lightning from his claws due to this one half second scene in the 90s intro.
No clue why I was so fixated on that

user...