Adventure Time

Adventure Time

Season 1 episodes hovering around 2 million viewers
Season 2 episodes hovering around 2 million viewers
Season 3 episodes hovering around 2 and a third million viewers
Season 4 episodes hovering around 2 and a half million viewers
Season 5 episodes hovering around 2 and a third million viewers
Season 6 episodes hovering around 2 million viewers
Season 7 episodes getting around a million viewers while stakes multi special get around 2 million
Season 8 episodes hovering around a million viewers
Season 9 episodes hovering around 0.8 million viewers

Man why did the show's popularity plummet seasons 7 onwards?
Erratic scheduling? Older fans moving on from cartoons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8Sxy6lrp0FA
thefoilguy.deviantart.com/art/The-Lich-Alumium-Foil-Sculpture-706063149
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Better cartoons came along.

Gravity falls came out during AT's peak popular seasons and it was moved over to the shitty Disney XD which barely anyone watches

Looking at a side by side comparison, Gravity Falls had a higher viewership its first season than Adventure Time ever did in its entire run.

From what I recall, it was not moved to Disney XD because of poor performance, it was moved there because it was a selling point an incentive to make more parents buy that channel for their kids if they wanted to see Gravity Falls premieres.

I wasn't trying to say GF was shit or anything.
Just that AT was still growing in popularity when it came out so it wasn't the downfall of AT or some shit.

Erratic scheduling probably had more to do with it than anything else. Look at what happened to Phineas and Ferb's numbers when Disney started their schedule shenanigans.

>Erratic scheduling? Older fans moving on from cartoons?
Probably both, plus CN stopped giving a shit about all other shows in favour of TTG. Nine seasons is a hell of an achievement for a cartoon though, so I'm sure the crew will just be happy it's lasted as long as it has.

It kind of was. The ratings declined the moment cartoons like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe entered the scene, and never recovered. Whether or not you regard those as high quality cartoons (I certainly don't with Steven), they possibly contributed to burning audiences out with lore cartoons.

CN started doing bombs. It's probably the main reason.

Foil lich.
youtu.be/8Sxy6lrp0FA
thefoilguy.deviantart.com/art/The-Lich-Alumium-Foil-Sculpture-706063149

Season 1A of Steven Universe is a really fucking good miniseries and I will not tolerate shittalk about it.

>Season 1A of Steven Universe
?

It should have ended after Jasper was dragged to the bottom by Lapis. Not because that was a particularly decisive or conclusive moment, by because it's one of the parts where the show is still tolerable, and Steven's method of solving the Cluster is extremely Lame and anticlimactic

>Season 6 happened
>GF and and SU took away most of the fanbase halfway through the season
>Ratings declined from 3 million to 1.5 million
>CN eventually took off all the reruns completely for TTG! spamming
>Show doesn't get not even one rerun or new episodes for 4 months
>Every episode after the Stakes miniseries gets literally no advertising at all
>Show with Regular Show gets constantly moved around the schedule unannounced along with long indefinite hiatuses

Miller just wants it to die, no wonder the rest of the episodes are being shoved to Hulu.

What purpose would that serve to intentionally kill the show?

Who cares, we got 280 episodes of pure esoteric kino.
Let's be grateful.

Yeah, no re-runs, little to no advertising, follow-ups to regular cliffhangers taking months at a time, etc. CN's bomb-based scheduling is a mess.

The only reason I even know there's anything new with AT or SU anymore is when I see a random acknowledgment and/or leaks of it on the internet.

Mostly just the drop in quality. At least that's why I dropped Season 6.

>Older fans moving on from cartoons?
Kids grow up

I personally blame Breezy killing the interest of the fanbase and Steven Universe for being what the fans wanted Adventure Time to be for years.

Who would have suspected that Steven Universe was going to fall this hard though?

>Steven Universe for being what the fans wanted Adventure Time to be for years.
Shit?

The first season of Steven Universe was actually two separate production cycles, called 1A and 1B. It becomes very obvious if you watch them back to back

But user, Lesbian Shippers were what started AT on the path to ruin.

Shipping love triangles and relationships? I never wanted AT to be like that

>Not remembering that in the beginning, Steven Universe looked like it was shaping up to be this big epic plot for the fate of the world and that it was looking like it was m just getting the build up and world-building out of the way at first.

Well guess who's fault was it for falling short

I mean, yes. But that doesn't mean SU started strong for the fans who wanted a bigger focus plot and lore that AT didn't want to deliver even when they teased the shit out of it.
At the end, SU was another AT.

Check out CN's schedule for this week

That's two weeks in a row now with no AT reruns on at all.

Alright I stopped watching Adventure Time ages ago but I keep hearing about this Breezy episode and how it's the worst thing since cancer. What was that episode about?

I honestly didnt think breezy was terrible, it had a bit too much pseudo-deep shit in it for me but episodes like something big and chips & ice cream were much worse

CN started screwing it with hiatuses and never advertising it and TV in general became less popular.
I wouldn't say it was the show's fault, even if it did make lots of questionable choices that pissed people off.

>Finn lost his arm because his dad left him
>he meets a bee who wants to bang his arm because there's a flower growing out of it
>bee turns into a queen bee and sings
>Finn's arm grows back

>that complete and utter teen titans go dominance

holy shit, other "cartoons" (more like dog shit really) BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

it's a mix of what happens and what represents
it represents going back to the status quo disregarding all the drama Finn went through after a big change that has happened within the show, in this case, Finn losing and then getting back his arm.

It also was an episode full of teenage angst that had a really annoying bee character no one liked.

Overall, the worst episode we've seen of any show in a long time.

its actually an improvement over last week

It's Sugar's fault for poor management of her creative team, not for her lack of vision.

>2.5 hr less of TTG
>improvement
Well, when you've got nothing to drink but piss, you learn to like the taste.

Hey at least Looney Tunes is back in the schedule.

No, just no. That's not even an improvement. No show should be aired more than TWICE a day. And that includes famous shows.

wonder if its for the long term, or if it's just for CN's 25th birthday

Idk about you guys, but I dropped it at the cinnamon bun ntring finn from flame princess episode.

>No show should be aired more than TWICE a day.

CN has always done this though. You'd watch a block of Kids Next Door, then another show, and then the same block of KND episodes would reair in primetime

Can you convert the No. of Episodes into Airtime? Might help give an honest comparision of how much TTG is being run. The answer will always be too much, but still.

the number of 15 slots each show takes is shown on the right side of the image

in the week you responded to, TTGo has 146 slots, and each slot of TTGo is 15 minutes

so that is 2190 minutes, or 36.5 hours, or 45% of all CN's airtime for the week

for this week, TTGo only has 136 slots, or 34 hours, or 43% of total CN airtime

>the number of 15 slots...

that should just be the number of slots

Well the newer episodes of TT GO average like a million viewers so its ratings are going down the drain same as the other CN shows.

people are cutting the cord in large numbers, viewership is down everywhere

CN is oversaturated with TTGO
Everyone is getting sick of it. It's losing everyone

every show on CN took a hit, not just AT.

the hiatuses and low amount of advertising were probably a factor as well, but I'm not sure whether it would have mattered

I wanna watch the last episodes but watchcartoononline seems broken
Is it just me?

Because the viewers grew up and realized it was shit, and those who stayed are manchildren.

>start a new season
>stop halfway though and stall for a year
>release 8 episodes
>2 FUCKING YEARS LATER
I dunno what happened to their production time but I can't really be arsed to pay attention to when they release their "miniseasons".
also
>overdosing on plot because your about to get canceled
Half the fun was piecing together the plot from the small things in the one-off adventures.

1.) EVERY show on CN took a huge ratings hit starting in 2015 not just Adventure Tine. The average CN show would always average 2 million for premieres and now most all of them can't even get to 1 million views. As much as people seem to harp on Season 6 being the one were people left it still averaged 2 million per episode more than SU and TTG but after it finished CN stopped regularly playing AT and promoting it and increased TTG's airtime.

2. Contrary to popular belief no show will lose half of their viewership due to what is precieved to be a drop in quality (see Rick and Morty and Korra) ut will lose viewership if they never know when it comes on. Remember how AT had premieres on Mondays but then CN started switching it all over the place and of course stopped promoting it so people didn't even know where it was on.

In short its just a huge fucking mess because CN stopped caring about their content,

Gravity Falls aired on a completely different channel at a completely different time and catered to a completely different demographic not really a fair comparison being that it was only on Disney Channel for one year and then moved to XD where ratings plummeted.
Disney Channel has more viewership than CN, its ratings was higher because it was on a more popular network not because of the show itself. Wander Over Yonder also did the same amount of numbers on Disney Channel yet the show got next to no fanfare.
>From what I recall, it was not moved to Disney XD because of poor performance, it was moved there because it was a selling point an incentive to make more parents buy that channel for their kids if they wanted to see Gravity Falls premieres.
Which makes no sense since Phineas and Ferb remained on Disney Channel until it ended and was a much bigger draw than Gravity Falls.

>Disney Channel has more viewership than CN, its ratings was higher because it was on a more popular network not because of the show itself. Wander Over Yonder also did the same amount of numbers on Disney Channel yet the show got next to no fanfare.

Disney and Nick are also in more households than CN. Not all providers carry CN

>The ratings declined the moment cartoons like Gravity Falls and Steven Universe entered the scene
2012 AT had its highest rated episode ever (same year Gravity Falls premiered) with Burning Point. Steven Universe initially did not do well until a year and a half later when they starting doing the bomb format. Both of these shows had no real effect on AT's ratings.

>Season 6 happened
The season that won an emmy?
>GF and and SU took away most of the fanbase halfway through the season
GF had much smaller ratings at that point since it was an XD exclusive now and SU was never really a threat to it
>Ratings declined from 3 million to 1.5 million
AT ratings average was 2 million per premiere just like every other show, it dropped at the same time as everything on CN did.

adventure time is shit now
>oh hey look another entire filler episode about another bland background character that was never mentioned before!

>This fucking meme
Spongebob has not been good in over a decade and still gets higher ratings than virtually every show on the air. Shows don't lose 50% of their viewership based on quality alone especially given the type of demographic who watches it.
>no wonder the rest of the episodes are being shoved to Hulu.
Only season 9 which was completed last week.. CN is advertising the rest of season 9 as season 10 which start at the end of the year. Miller wants to move everything to online and wants to start shilling the CN app for everything and that's at the expense of the Network content itself.

This is what CN's schedule should currently have. Hell, I could have Boomerang be a 24/7 continuation of Cartoon Network in the Adult Swim hours:
Regular Show
Adventure Time
Teen Titans
Generator Rex
Steven Universe
Numb Chucks
Uncle Grandpa
Scary Larry
Storm Hawks
All Ben 10 series
Camp Lazlo
Ed, Edd n' Eddy
Both Powerpuff Girls series
Chop Socky Chooks
The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
Redakai: Conquer the Kairu
Street Football
Detentionaire
Johnny Bravo
My Gym Partner's a Monkey
Sidekick
Robotboy
Codename: Kids Next Door
George of the Jungle (2007)
Chowder
6teen
Mona the Vampire
Scan2Go
Bakugan
Johnny Test (at least it wasn't aired enough to screw over Regular Show and Adventure Time)
The Secret Saturdays
Being Ian
Eliot Kid
Dexter's Laboratory
Justice League Unlimited
Samurai Jack
The Life and Times of Juniper Lee
Justice League Action
The Amazing World of Gumball
The Looney Tunes Show (2011)
Pixcodelics
Jacob Two-Two
Mix Master Final Force
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Teen Titans Go! (only twice a day)
We Bare Bears
Hot Wheels Battle Force 5
Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
Deltora Quest
Class of 3000
Di-Gata Defenders
Megas XLR
Supernormal
Clarence
OK KO: Let's Be Heroes
The Garfield Show
Hero: 108
Lili's Island
Stoked
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
The Cramp Twins
Jackie Chan Adventures
Xiaolin Showdown
Xiaolin Chronicles
Shaolin Wuzang
Sendokai Champions
Sym-Bionic Titan

>no re-runs
it had a fair share this year

>That's two weeks in a row now with no AT reruns on at all.
wow, that's so fucking much

its increased support for digital formats

slowly became easier to watch stuff on their app instead of on tv

also erractic scheduling, that is like the number one most likely to damage ratings thing a network can do, however its not the whole picture here

also, season 6 was kinda shitty and ended kinda shitty

This is so awesome it divides by zero sucessfully.

Cartoon actively wanted get rid of it
And a lot of the writers were making it clear they were tired too
1 writer specifically said he hated Finn. Makes sense why so many later episodes focus less on him

its significant for a show that is currently still airing new episodes. it shows CN is weaning the viewers off of the show, getting them used to the idea of not watching at all

Did it?

All I ever see on tv anymore is teen titans go and Gumball.

It had some reruns in June, but that's it.

Isn't CN just TT Channel now? I loved TTG and have a crush on BB's voice actor, and even I'm tiring of it!

Neat. This guy is pretty cool.

>oversaturation meme
>he's still saying this in the age of internet
kek

this guy gets it

>oversaturation meme
Nick also suffered greatly from rerunning nothing but SpongeBob 24/7 essentially leading to a drop in viewership and them being unable to find a hit show for years which is essentially is what's happening with CN now.

and April, and maybe May, but April for sure, it had a Monday block

Better having a few sparse reruns than none for years while the series is still running

is this show worth watching? i really want to watch something and my friend recommended this to me

why are you asking me and not just the thread itself

Absolutely this. Breezy was fine, Chips and Ice Cream was garbage.

>filler
AT has no 'filler.'

Chips and Ice Cream was pretty damn bad, but I don't get the hate for Breezy
That was the one with the Bee right?

>Man why did the show's popularity plummet seasons 7 onwards?
Christina Miller

I went to go check these statistics myself and practically all of season 4 doesn't have records of viewers, I wonder why that is.

Yup, that's the one, and I don't get the hate for it either. I actually quite liked it.

Bad schedules and little to no marketing. Fuck, people fount out about season 8 ending through the fucking internet. Honestly, as stupid as a conspiracy story as it sounds, I honestly do believe that CN is deliberately sabotaging there own shows, else I'll have to believe these people are just that fucking incompetent.

There's a lot of factors that go into this:
>CN increasing airtime of TTG, scaring away older viewers
>Digital platforms and streaming becoming more popular
>Unusual/inconsistent scheduling
>2deep4u kicking in around Season 5/6
>Kids growing up and not watching the show anymore

It had a good run, 7+ years is pretty good for Cartoon Network standards, the longest running show is Ed, Edd n Eddy (10, almost 11, years) and that was only because production on the show took so long.

Though, I do wish there was one more season so that the ending wouldn't be so rushed.

How does it disregard the drama Finn went through? That was the whole reason Finn was depressed in the first place, and the episode was about him getting through that.

>The Jiggler
>Business Time
>Donny
>Gut Grinder
>To Cut a Woman's Hair
>Video Makers
>Conquest of Cuteness
>Hitman
>ALL Fionna and Cake episodes
>Thank You
>Jake Vs. Me-mow
>ALL Graybles episodes
>Web Weirdos
>Hug Wolf
>Princess Monster Wife
>Goliad
>Princess Cookie
>BMO Noire
>Jake the Dog
>Up a Tree
>All the Little People
>Davey
>A Glitch is a Glitch
>Puhoy
>BMO Lost
>Princess Potluck
>James Baxter the Horse
>Time Sandwich
>Box Prince
>We Fixed a Truck
>James and James 2
>Root Beer Guy
>Lemonhope
>Bad Timing
>Sad Face
>Little Brother
>Ghost Fly
>Jake the Brick
>Water Park Prank
>Blank Eyed Girl
>Bad Jubies
>The Thin Yellow Line
>Horse and Ball
>Ketchup
>Son of Rap Bear

Need I go on? Please note that just because an episode is filler, doesn't make it bad.

Honestly I love this show, aside from season 4 having all the shitty fire princess stuff.
Maximum comfy.

>James Baxter
I'll fucking fight you

Dude, the entire show is filler because Adventure Time doesn't have an overarching story at all. What is and isn't important is up to the viewer.

Scroll down a bit and there is some other adventure time stuff.

Is PPG going to only air new episodes on Boomerang now?

>deciding which episodes are filler by putting episode numbers into an RNG

Stop

Yes
even after its peak it's still pretty good

It's not special, they play Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry every fall-spring because their main demographic goes to school. They'll sometimes also play Scooby Doo and their older shows like KND or Dexter's lab on it.

ye, is gud.