OTP Thread

What do you like about your OTP? How would you go about having it manifest, either in a situation where it is teased/hinted or having it actually happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.fanfiction.net/s/8440324/1/Little-Moments
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>What do you like about your OTP?
I am a sucker for the "Rivals to friends to Lovers" trope, as well as "Thawing the Ice Queen". I find them Adorable. It would also require that Pearl go through some development to stop being such a shit.
>How would you go about having it manifest, either in a situation where it is teased/hinted or having it actually happen?
I would have some Time travel bullshit retcon everything back to the time when Greg met the Crystal Gems. Out of a desire to protect his planet, and impress Rose, Greg would become the CG's designated human sidekick, helping them interact with the outside world and helping them take down monsters. Greg and Pearl would both compete for Rose's affections, who would never show explicit Romantic interest in either of them, through grand romantic gestures, half-baked schemes, and sabotage of said half-baking schemes.

They would start out with some Friction due to Pearl's contempt and condescension of Humanity and due to their shared target of affections, but Greg's competence and willingness to help others (let's face it, he is the most competent human on the show, besides Connie who is literally made for Little Girls to self insert into) would force her regard him with a begrudging respect. Greg in turn, would regard her as nothing more than another Dime-a-dozen Snooty Bitch who needs someone or something to Lord over, but the occasional breaks in her haughty exterior where she shows Compassion for something other than Rose would cause him to question whether she's as lost a cause as he thought she was, and that maybe he shouldn't have dismissed her so quickly. As the Two work together and learn about each other more, they Find themselves slowly falling for each other, until the sexual/romantic tensions reaches a breaking point and one of them bonus points if it's Pearl makes the first move.

In a nutshell, I would have no Need for Greg, but with a special twist ending.

Fuck Hussie

>what do you like about your OP
Age gap and Hero/Villian romance. I also like the blindsided nature of it, of being attracted to someone you would never thought you'd be attracted to.
>How would you go about having it manifest
I would have Babs become somewhat of a stalker, finding out Killer Moth's secret identity and introducing herself to him. She says she doing it to keep an eye on a dangerous criminal but they're basically dating.

Starting off with two great ones.

It's funny, you have amazing taste In copypasta except for the bottom right and the centrepiece of shit.

I like their dynamic and character interactions. They have fun snarky little Banter but it never goes too far into being mean spirited. Plus they Balance each other out, his Brash adventurous boldness and her cautious, careful, thoughtfulness.
>How would you go about having it manifest, either in a situation where it is teased/hinted or having it actually happen?
I would probably have them go back to their regular lives, but finding themselves missing their old Hero Time, and each other (although they would never admit it) they still keep in touch and want to hang out even after the summer, much to the surprise of their parents. Due to their shared experiences and knowledge of what kind of persons the other is underneath the surface they would already be somewhat close. I just imagine it as being a matter of time from then.

I can only ship this if it's one-sided unrequited love from Shego. I just don't think Kim is interested.

I think I can see it as a long, gradual process. It's going to be a lot of Shego pining over Kim, rationalizing it, attempting to put it out of her mind and ignore it, right in time for some event to happen that catapults Shego onto Kim's radar.

After that it's a mess, but a good one.

>Fuck Hussie

On that at least we agree.

Tootie was really the first (human) character to stand up for Timmy, and they both live under similar abusive conditions.
>How would you go about having it manifest,
A reverse George McFly vs Biff moment where Tootie knocks her sister out.

I disagree.

>A reverse George McFly vs Biff moment where Tootie knocks her sister out.
I don't even ship Timmy and Tootie in fact I'm a filthy Vickyfag and even I have to admit that this would be pure kino.

The worst thing for a ship is to give it a satisfying, if melancholy conclusion, and then retroactively restart it, cancel it, and then spiral the characters off into a mess of self-destruction and loneliness.

As both of you said before, Fuck Hussie.

The Wild Hunt just gave me hope to see these two together. I hope the writers don't fuck up this time.

Ehh, personally I feel that you're limiting yourself by sticking to what's currently feasible, which in Adventure Time is very little, when you could pick from all of what could have been. I don't see in Huntress Wizard, any particularly outstanding traits that make her better than the Other Adventure Time ships aside from the fact that she hasn't been sunk yet, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

even though they are separated by different countries now, i still ship them.

That is... surprisingly hot?

I only started reading Homestuck after it ended - how much worse was the experience in real time?
Fuck Hussie

It was kind of a kick in the dick to be honest. After Cascade it was just a continual list of failures, punctuated by occasional glimpses of brevity. We'd see a new character, say "hey maybe they'll be cool" and then get immediately disappointed. Once we hit Grimbark, I gave up hope. Once we hit fucking shaved head Vriska, I gave up more hope than I even knew I had.

Fuck you, Helsa's gonna be canon.

Pardon me, but I do believe that there exists a fanfic that follows a similar line of events.
m.fanfiction.net/s/8440324/1/Little-Moments

I wish I had your faith, friend.

Everytime one of these threads pop up I die a little inside

Look at the signs. The Disney Store is still selling Hans dolls among the other Disney Princesses & Princes, he appeared in the short, & look at the photograph!

Maybe, but will it be good?

interesting

I dare not get my hopes up.

>What like OTP?

>meowrails
It's the meowrails man. Everybody ships this (unless they're THAT kind of autistic). I have been shipping this since day 1 and they were still together by the end of the comic. Not many people can say that. They're pure and good and cute.
>kendy
Two small adorable children with incredible hidden powers possibly having puppy crushes on each other. What's not to like.
>gamako
It diddles my tiny girl, huge guy fetish. Plus their relationship is funny instead of dramatic, which I prefer.
>fishbones
I felt like their relationship was much deeper than what any of the cast had. Almost like they were family. (Could be that I just project my older sister unto Undyne but whotever)
>radnid
Because they reconciled a little since Second First Date and both admitted that the other person is hella nice and they might have been wrong about stuff in the past. It's not a problem if they don't grow too close to each other because their vitriolic squabbles are a source of some good jokes.
>makki
Serious, broody guy + fun, hyperactive girl. Also the egg episode.

>How it manifest

>meowrails
It already happened and was never broken. If I could have an AU become canon I'd pair up Karkat with Nep in red and with Eq in black. Nepeta deserves to be happy with her two boys and black equikat is/would be hilarious. If we're talking about actual happenings in HS media, just drop small hints about the fact that meowrails happened and that they exist in virtually every timeline/universe in one shape or form.
>kendy
In the future both KO and Dendy are in their teens and around level 10-ish. Except Dendy works for the bad guys because they bribed her with technology. KO is heartbroken but deep inside he could never give up about his best friend. They fight and Dendy gets more and more reluctant each time they clash. KO gives a big speech about the POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, which gets to Dendy in the end. She renounces her allegiance with the Bad Guys and defeats them with the help of KO. They share a big sweet hug after the fight and Rad and Enid melt from all the cute.
>gamako
It kind of already did? They totally went on a date. Even the creator doodled a gamako thing on twitter.
>fishbones
Have them hang out just like in the underground. That's it. Fuck your stupid glowing dicks. You CANT FUCK A SKELETON FUCK YOU!
>radnid
An epilogue kinda situation where KO and Dendy have replaced them in the bodega, and rad and enid are living together in a condo. Enid has a bigger tummy.
>makki
They've grown up, dealt with all of their emotional baggages together, found the true meaning of a camping spirit and have become the new camp counselors of Camp Campbell. Their dynamic wouldn't change much. Except they fuck in the woods from time to time.

I just like the way it looks, the similarities part just came along down the road

I would just hope they age up Connie by one year and have them hit it off through their shared love of martial arts and good grades, also by never using those shitty tiny Connie designs ever again.

So like.
Since its an alien and has no need to pay any heed to human social moors and its touching it anyway while covering you.
Could you get thee symbiote to jack you off with its warm black oozy body?

I don't get it.

It would pretty much be the same except with more kissing/cute shit.

i dont even know how sex would work because im pretty sure that suit doesn't come off

MY BABY

what?

helping the cause

my niggas

I really shouldn't get my hopes up considering what a total Anna circlejerk "Frozen Fever" was. There's so many screaming wet fangirls who would have a fit if Elsa doesn't hook up with another chick or her sister.

I don't think I have to say much else.

Dreams can be real, user.

Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Still ashamed.
Still ahve a folder.

Fujoshit all day every day.

>that pic
>giving some terrible flashbacks
DELET right now

I'm so mad that the new trend of fangirls/fujos giving ship names rather than using a the damn slash means no way of differentiating who's top and bottom. I also like this, but I can't stomach kawaii uguu bottom Flug.

dipcifica is the cutest

>What do you like about your OTP? How would you go about having it manifest, either in a situation where it is teased/hinted or having it actually happen?

Its a ship that gets a lot of hate, but it's cute and the characters have a dynamic with lots of affection, friendship and support that makes it feel more wholesome than some canon pairings I've seen in other shows.

I'd only ever want to see it manifest in fanart and fics though and there is no way of it ever being teased as true for obvious reasons.

You can't stop it.
It will forever exist.

The mixed names are nice tags imo. It's more flexible then the usual top/bottom naming.

I feel you user.

is that everyone in GF?

>It's more flexible then the usual top/bottom naming.
That's the problem. Black Hat/Flug is different from Flug/Black Hat and it would be nice to be able to filter the content with the same ease as before.

I ship them pretty hard too user. Even wrote a few fics for it way back when.

Every pairing that counts except Wendip.

Just kidding, Wendip never counted

Nah, there's more but it's Ford, Bill, Stan, etc.

I used to draw stuff when the fandom was still pretty active.

I always liked the whole hot bitchy girl with the nerd guy But i always felt like there was more to it like she kinda represent what he wants to be with the whole not giving a fuck about anything and what others think of her. also i did like how it manifest in the show with her calling him by his real name
hopefully if a season2 happens we see where it goes

That's awesome! I never got around to doing any art but I kind of wish I had. Do you got a link to where you keep your stuff?

Yeah, I had a tumblr with all the GF stuff. Name's in the image. I don't real do much anymore. Life obligations.

I'm kind of sad that there was no proper conclusion to this ship.

Me neither for pretty much the same reason. The community also slowed down a lot since the show has been off the air for a while so there's not as much motivation to create new stuff either.

who are they?

the last cloud.

haven't actually watched the show so I can't say I ship anything from that show, but congratulations user!

What would their children look like?

Because in a series where every ship is a crackship, none of them are.

>Panty: had sex with 999 men, but regained her hymen through magic.
>Brief: actually a virgin before becoming Panty's 1000th lay.
why do people tolerate this ship? Panty ships much better with Stalking or with either of the two devil girls.

actually hes both her 1000th and her fist

>sokka/azula
Pleb, everyone knows the true OTP is Zuko/Azula

Hail, Brother!

I feel like they both have a lot in common. They're both Outcasts in their society, shunned and disregarded, with something to prove and a longing for validation and approval. Dib is pretty lonely, and to be honest, I imagine Tak to be as well. Otherwise she wouldn't have wasted time disguising her self as a child at school, nor would she have gone through the effort of befriending the Pariah of the School Dib, who she actually got along with quite well.
Personally, I think it would be adorable if they were to find companionship with each other, despite the fact that it will never happen because Vasquez is a bit of an Edgelord.

As For how it would manifest.
>Zim, through one of his contacts, Aquires the Blueprints to a Xenos super weapon
>Unfortunately for him, it requires massive amounts of materials that can't be found on Earth.
>Begins preparing to make a long voyage into deep space
>Unbeknownst to him, Dib had hacked into his transmission and already learned of Zim's plans
>Gives Chase in Tak's salvaged ship as Zim leaves Earth, stealthily following him until he reaches his first stop, a GrimDark Matter refinement facility.
>Reveals himself to Zim prepared to engage in combat.
>However, Tak, who had also been tailing Zim, also chooses to reveal herself
>Zim manages to Grab what he needs and escape in the confusion
>After a bit of finger pointing, And the Tak AI of Dib's Ship embarrassing him, the two exchange what they know and come to realize that they both share the common goal of stopping Zim.
>They Reach a truce of sorts, saying that they'll try not to shoot each other until after Zim's stopped
>Cue Montage of the Well laid Traps of Tak and Dib failing due to a lack of coordination ruining each other's plans,
>Zim manages to assemble his super weapon, and tests it out on a nearby primitive world, with horrifying results
>like Really horrifying, tortuous deaths not even gonna undercut with a joke it's that bad

(1/2)

step aside, jake. superior ship comming thru

My hotman!

Incest is cancer.

Nah, almost every show's OTP is objectively incest.

there's just this recurring vibe whenever they interact that despite constantly fighting with each other, that if there was an earnest way to permanently be friends with each other without losing face that they'd take it in an instant(and indeed such an opportunity happens in the finale)

well that and due to how Van draws them together it'd be incredibly hot

honestly I'd see it as happening gradually over time as their friendship evolves into something more, and surprisingly drama free

Your headcanons are neither canon, nor the most popular ship.

That's the point of a OTP, it's can be neither canon or popular. You're not very smart, are you?

Hussie doesn't know when to let a good thing lie and how to make a good thing last.

>Van
Link to artist, if you don't mind?

(2/2)

>While Zim's Busy busy Gloating and laughing maniacally, Tak and Dib decide that maybe a little teamwork wouldn't hurt, and commence a joint assault, on a convenient weak point in the super weapon that Zim, in his haste forgot to fix.
>In a Starfox worthy sequence, Dib and Tak manage to reach what they think is the power source, and shoot it hoping that it Does something.
>It does indeed do a thing, but that thing is explode, knocking Dib's ship onto the Planet.
>He's fine, but his ship's ruined, leaving him to survive with only his wits,
>Oh, and all the gadgets he made and borrowed from his dad.
>A free some Splorin, he comes a across a frantic Tak minus Mimi, shooting at anything that moves
>After a close call on Dib's part, the two decide that survival would be easiest if they stuck together.
>With both their ships fried and Mimi temporarily out of commission, the two realize they have to work together to rig up one a working space vessel between the two of them.
>It's tense at first, and the two argue and escalate nearly every disagreement into a full on fight.
>But as the two are forced to rely on each other, They learn more about each other, and Tak comes to respect Dib's surprising SCIENCE skills and tenacity, and Dib sympathizes with her situation of being overlooked and disregarded.
>They still Argue, But it's less "I'm going to shoot you" arguing, and more "Donald and Daisy" arguing
>The Two manage to create a working vessel, but are captured by the Planet's inhabitants.
>It turns out Zim had salvaged a working piece of super weapon and had subjugated the planets inhabitants with the treat of excruciating death, declaring himself their God King.
>In a daring plan, Dib forced to act as a distraction for Zim, While trusting Tak to stealthily make her way over to the weapon and disable it, and not just steal Zim's ship and leave him behind

(2/ one more because I'm an idiot)

Is there a link for the whole whatever this is?

Still the most popular ship in the fandom by a lot.

Doesn't stop it being terrible.

First is the worst user.

Second is the best.

>Age gap and Hero/Villian romance

Both of these goddamn.

Also human/monster.

Are you saying Pacifica has a hairy chest?

No, but if Dipper takes after his Grunkle he probably will. You can always replace 'hairy' with 'heavy' to fit the syllable scheme though if we're talking Pacifica.

I prefer Mabill but crack ships are never terrible because then fans don't want or expect their ships to actually be in the show. That's when shipping becomes cancerous. So none of the Bill ships were terrible. Same goes for Pinecest and Stan/Ford. Nothing ever wrong with fans just having fun and making stuff to share among themselves.

Pissing tumblr jerks off so much is just a bonus.

I'm tremendously fond of close friendships evolving into a pure, undying love. Also /ss/. The two can dovetail rather nicely.

Huh. Would you look at that.

I wonder what the treasure chest is in that analogy.