Milestone returning at NYCC

On a recent conference call, DC Entertainment copublishers Dan Didio and Jim Lee (who is also one of DC’s most popular artists) outlined a selection of the DC events that will take place during New York Comic Con and NYCC Presents.

One of the most anticipated events will be the relaunch of Milestone Media, the pioneering African-American–owned superhero comics publisher originally founded in the early 1990s by Denys Cowan, Michael Davis, Derek Dingle, and the late Dwayne McDuffie, which shut down operations in 1997. Lee says the line will be “unveiled” at NYCC this year as part of a panel that will include Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman. Kirkman is featuring Milestone’s pioneering line of minority superhero series—among them Static Shock, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate—in a segment of The Secret History of Comics, a documentary on comics history he has produced for AMC that will debut in November. The episode will be previewed during the panel. And look for appearances by Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Kirkman, and Greg Pak.
publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/trade-shows-events/article/74791-dc-entertainment-at-new-york-comic-con.html

WE

I feel bad for this thread already.

>Reggie Hudlin
>Greg Pak
David Walker's a given. Already mediocre to bad...

Who is writing?

Presumably we'll know from the panel

I just started reading Icon and it's really good. I hope his new book gets a good writer .

This.

I know Christopher Priest doesn't want to write black characters any more but I hope he writes for Milestone 2.0 cause he's a good writer .

Is the lawsuit with McDuffie's widow done then?

he said he was meeting with Didio about milestone a few months ago, but who knows if he will have time with everything he is working on now.

>Icon
Can I just say I've always found it hilarious a character in near permanent C Lister status calls himself Icon?

Milestone 2.0 looks dead on arrival so I don't wish that upon Priest.

I'm worried Static might not be written good with out Dwayne McDuffie and his other co creator. They did a good job writing him.

He's on both bi-monthly JL and and Deathstroke now, i'm unsure if he'll want to pick up more projects.

Isn't he gonna be writing Inhumans too?

Where the fuck are their pupils?

God damn Static's first costume sucked.

It's just a mini.

Yeah, but that's a mini series.

I think he also has a Lion Forge book

What artists do you want to work on Milestone 2.0 ?

Ron Wimberley

Are Icon, Static and Hardware the Trinity of Milestone ? They seem to be the only Milestone characters people care about along with Rocket.

Who should write Icon's book ?

Fucking rad, finally!

>Robert Kirkman
Fucking why?!

He would be good as like a creative lead or advising editor on it. Larry Hama basically took Priest completely under his wing when Priest was starting out; maybe Priest could do that for some newbloods on something like this.

More importantly, will Iota be back?

I hope they bring back Dusk.

>One of the most anticipated events will be the relaunch of Milestone Media

Yeah...no

I'll believe it when I have a copy of a comic in my hand. Every few years they do this shit.

This

Milestone will get buried below things people are more excited about and if it's still OGNs Static will be the best selling one at a giant whopping 5k.

Spencer

>Hudlin
NOOOOOO!

Have him write for some asian characters then.

There's a lot of people who are excited about Milestone returning. Old Milestone fans and people who only Static.

Put your mask back on Gwenpool, they'll figure out who you are!

There were some okay books. But nobody cared then and fewer still will care now

I hope they reprint their old comics in trades. I would love to own Static's original run and Icon's.

I doubt it'll be successful but if they do get this off I hope they don't get too preachy about BLM,cops or the plight of the black man.
Although maybe that's the only way for them to get people to buy it or get attention.

Can't wait to read more Static.

Old Milestone was very political, user.

I hope more good black writers work on new Milestone .

I hope they use this costume for Static again. It's probably his most recognizable costume cause of the cartoon.

I never read much more than Blood Syndicate. I miss CrissCross' art.

I tried Hardware way back when and needless to say the Deathwish arc was NOT the story to read first.

Yeah plus I feel like that one few superhero costumes that you really don't need to change, and could be in different forms of media without too many differences, kinda like Spider-Man's suit

>Walker
I doubt it, he's now Marvel premiere black guy writer next to Coates. You're right about Hudlin though, IDK about Pak. I liked Paktion Comics and Incredible Herc.

I feel like Milestone is one of those properties that gets updated/rebooted/whatever every few years and always falls flat on its face. Just like Wildstorm, New Universe and every single golden age character.

>Entire line is about diversity
>Niggers only

It's about time they relaunch Milestone.

I hope we get another Worlds Collide crossover with DC.

I hope Static gets his old design back, I think baseball caps in cape designs are cool.

Static's original design is awful. Most people don't like it . This is his best costume.

Cartoonfags go

>I hope Static gets his old design back, I think baseball caps in cape designs are cool.

Until N52 fucked it up.

>Cartoonfags go
So most the Static fanbase then?

Hope they do another competition looking for new talent with this

No

are you forgetting Rose is hmong?

Wait did you say Rose is hmong?

I can't get excited because I know it won't work. DC isn't going to be satisfied with the sales this gets. They're giving it a push now but nobody involved is kidding themselves, they all know none of these books are going to run longer than a year. It would have been smarter for Milestone to go independent or sign a deal with Dark Horse or IDW if they wanted to have a chance.

I would have seen Milestone better off with Valiant since Static and Icon would be easier to blend with their books like Shadowman and Faith

So will it die in 2 years just like the last time?
[of course it will]

Yep, cartoonfags never read comics anyways, so it's really not an actual loss of any kind.

Are you sure that Rose is hmong?
Priest "forcing" diversity by making it an injoke is pretty brilliant

What about a fusion of the two, I do always like the jacket over the onsie (Animal Man, Zenith) but we keep the cap?

I think a fusion of them wouldn't look that good. He should stick with dreads instead of a hat. His new Young Justice Outsiders design looks good.

As much as I love Milestone I think they had terrible designs. Icon and Rocket's are the only designs I like.

As long as they don't plan to incorporate them into the main DC universe I am okay with it (and won't care at all)
Also:
>most anticipated
by whom?

Alright, what's the goof here?

I wanted to get into Milestone some time back but then I found out they had something like 3 company wide crossovers and that put me off. I'm interested in a few titles but not all of them and the crossover not only forces me tor read the others but it also forces me to read them in a specific order. Fuck that shit.

What, you didn't like PM/IF?

They were the big solo books Milestone had. Xombie was great but didn't run for very long. Kobalt was trash. And the characters in Blood Syndicate and Shadow Cabinet weren't as well developed.

When Priest was doing research for Deathstroke he found out Rose was Hmong. He'd though she was white because she'd been whitewashed in Johns' Titans and every run after, so he made it a point to point out that she's Hmong in every issue of the current run. It's great.