Oh...oh no

Oh...oh no.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/20/james-cameron-praises-zack-snyder-movies/
screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jay-baruchel-review/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is this real?

>Coming to theaters in 2023: Martha!

A Kino director recognizing a Kino film.

After mother! I'm assuming Darren Aronofsky wants to direct anything he will get hired for

I have no Idea who this man is.

Everybody in the industry praises Snyder, from what I saw in the trailers Waititi is straight up plagiarizing his style for some scenes in Ragnarok

I'd be down for a Aronofsky Superman movie.

Damn, guess that bubble gonna pop sooner than expected.

Kino Director. He recently made the Kino known as Mother!. Also Black Swan.

I don't know what kino means, I have to assume from context it's like the Malaysian word for flop

>Not understanding Kino
>not having Kino tastes

*facepalm*
user, I am so disappointed in you.

Oh man, the Mother! Guy made Black Swan? Man. What a fall-off

>Writes terrible childish film but covers it with religious symbolism to make it seem deep for the mid-IQ crowd

Of course he would praise Snyder

Also, his ideas for a Batman movie were the fucking worst

I'm on the fence, I didn't like Mother but I liked the Wrestler.

Weebspeak for "Wooden."

Mother was amazing I don't get the hate.

But there is nothing childish about Snyder's DC films & the religious symbolism in them is beyond irrelevant to both the run time & quality of the overall film. The only reason it's discussed is because you fucking retards won't stop bringing it up as a reason for why the film's suck despite it being less then 2 minutes of of Mos's 140 minute run time.

They aren't smart enough to get it.

Well, he's not a bad Director, far better than Snyder that's for sure.

>t. Neanderthal

You're not using this meme right.

All i got from learning about this movie is a good Ed Harris reaction picture. worth it

Aronofsky is a pretty good director, the problem is that as a screenwriter he's real obnoxious and on the nose. The Wrestler and Black Swan are far and away his best films and the only ones he didn't write. He always gets good performances out of his actors and knows how to set a mood.

Jay please go.

Mother is about as intelligent and subtle with its ideas as Snyder's DC was, so it's a good fit.

I'm not a big fan of Aronofsky but as a fan of midbrow movies there's a good chance I'd enjoy a cape flick directed by him.

Aranofsky is an edgelord, it's no surprise he enjoys Snyder's edgy take on superheroes.

Seriously, Aranofsky's THE WOLVERINE script is so edgy it borders on self-parody.

His Batman movie would have been good movie but a bad batman movie

For some reason I can see him directing a Green Arrow movie that takes place mainly on the island.
(also Just give Brad Bird Superman already will you!!!)

stick with steven universe kid. You're not ready for true cinema

Literally the evangelion of superhero movies

Would he bring his fiancee into the DCEU?

There's just no fucking end in sight with this theatrical Superman circus act.
So for every other hero seemingly has their shit more or less in order in DC, Batman, fucking Wonder Woman. We've yet to see Cyborg, Flash and Arthur but I refuse to believe they'll be as mishandled as all the predictably trite attempts to be novel with Clark by just making him brood about how hard it is to be Kryptonian.

Do not be surprised when Captain Marvel comes along, does the Superhero thing more genuine and everyone suddenly then says it's a fresh breath of air.

He wont get it. Mother is a massive bomb and DC will want an action movie director for Superman. Theres a better chance of Michael Bay getting it then this clown.

>Do not be surprised when Captain Marvel comes along, does the Superhero thing more genuine and everyone suddenly then says it's a fresh breath of air.

Well Captain Marvel is most likely going to be influenced by Superman in the DCEU so they can't really make the excuse he's more genuine as a superhero than Superman.

BvS was great. MoS was also good. Anyone who says otherwise is a shill.

>ayo Snyder I really liked your take on biblical imagery but check this out

comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/20/james-cameron-praises-zack-snyder-movies/

This can't be happening!!

>You're not ready for true cinema
I didn't realize "true cinema" meant throwing all subtlety out the window and beating the audience over the head with your allegory to make retards like you feel intelligent for understanding the movie.

>the only symbolism is direct visual references
What's it like being this illiterate?

>capeshitfags pretending like they know anything about cinema
Top kek.
Snyder's the best capeshit director since Ang Lee.

>That's Cameron in an interview passed on by Comic Book Debate about which filmmakers inspired him, and he name drops Robert Rodriguez as well as Zack Snyder as filmmakers whose visual style grabbed his attention
So Cameron also a hack, to be desu thinks Snyder's good at the one thing most people agree he's good at. Shocking.

I wonder if anyone in this thread has ever seen a bresson film

An interesting thread, not complaining

WHY WEREN'T YOU FIRST POST

> when I don't know something instead of using a search engine I kneejerk tell everyone I'm ignorant and beg for spoons to be stuck in my TINY FUCKING BABY MOUTH

> Please give a story about an altruist to an objectivist!!!
fucking kill yourself

screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-jay-baruchel-review/

why do people actually in the industry praise snyder while critics pile on him? Is it because the critics cant actually make movies?

>anyone I dont like is an objectivist!

kek

He means the Marvel one with Brie Larson as Carl Manvers.

>why do people actually in the industry praise snyder while critics pile on him
game recognize game, and most critics look unfamiliar.

I will help you appreciate mother! easily.

Apparently, only Corey from Double Toasted and a few other critics got it.

If you look at Mother as a general retelling of the Bible from the Old Testament to the New Testament, then you will find it a way better film. Javier is the God you are familiar with, and JLaw is the Holy Spirit. They live in "paradise". The first two humans are Adam and Eve. The blood is sin invading paradise, sullying it. The flood occurs when the pipe bursts. Jlaw's baby is Jesus. The story Javier writes is "the gospel". The sacrifice is man being redeemed through Jesus's sacrifice.

mother! is quite the interesting film when it is seen as a critique and retelling of God's follies and naive nature when it comes to loving his creation man.

No there is the 33 years old parallel but that also is only 1 line of dialogue. Once again, meaningless to the films runtime & quality.

>Apparently, only Corey from Double Toasted and a few other critics got it.
The fuck are you on about? The biblical allusions were extremely obvious to an absurd degree.

same. on n03s! a Good Director wans to make a superman movie after a Hack got to ruin him for nearly 5 years!

yes please.

>real recognize real, I suppose
>I guess that's why the realest like Snyder's kino

I'm down for Aronofsky directing Superman. Guys like him is what capeshit needs. But too bad that Capefags are literally autistic, especially Superfags.

RLM made fun off all the extremely obvious biblical allegories.

Wow, cause Mike and Jay are just such great critics.

>Remember guys Escape from New York is actually the BEST MOVIE EVEH!

Black Swan, the wrestler, Pi and requiem for a dream, and all of them were fantastic. I'd love for Liefeld to option the movie rights for Supreme and get some great director to direct it, rather than talentless hacks like Whedon and Snyder.

>dissing escape from new york

Aronofsky sucks.
He's trying too hard to be Lars Con Trier and fails.

And you're not using the word 'kino' right.

Sorry I'm not American and therefore don't have a genetic predisposition to love Starlord's dad for no fucking reason.

To add to this he's literally the worst part of Fast and Furious 7. How to you be the worst part of a Fast and Furious movie and have fans, how?!

I'd need to see the specific quote of "praise" - I mean was this the cabinet at the WH praising Orange Man as the greatest of all time just a few weeks in because someone need some positive reinforcement to get through the hard job he applied for? Or are we talking about praise as in Ezra Miller saying that Grant Gustin is doing his own thing and the DCW should be proud of what they are doing?

Either way, I think with a good script, the movie could be good. Most of his movies that I saw were, at least interesting, and none of them were bad, although I have watched his two most recent movies.

Haven't seen either movies nor do I care to see them. But Escape from New York is a fun movie. Easily one of my favorites but its still easily one of Carpenters weakest movies.

>Can't spot all the parallels
Just because you're blind and dumb doesn't mean everyone else is. I bet you don't even see the parallel in the maybe scene.

>Sorry I'm not American

You would be better off claiming you were American, you bring shame to non-Americans

Goddamn it, it's late at night, but I need to lose my shit right now.

I'm usually not a fan of RLM, but they are right...I too always imagined him as brooding and serious East European art director...come to find out he's your typical Brooklyn cabby type.

Also

DO YOU GET IT?!

DO YOU GET IT?!

DO YOU GET IT?!

Yeah, this bible story set in a house is a bit...predictable and pretentious but the actors are good and the shock value of in your face baby eating was of no effect on me after seeing VVITCH.

Hasn't Darren been wanting to write/direct a cape film forever? I remember him writing a Batman script and a Wolverine script?

At this point, he should do a minor character or just make a rip off of his own.

>mfw I found out who his gf is

It's a jerkoff for a self absorbed pretentious writer ruining all his relationships and not doing anything about it, poorly disguised with shallow biblical allegories.

JLaw?

I thought it was a eco save the planet or Mother Nature will kill you (with biblical references)?

Yep.

>Snyderfags actually want this instead of Vaughn
Just when I thought they couldn't shock me any more.

Just wait for the reboot. It'll be another 10 years or so before WB and DC come to an agreement over what they want to do.

Both Mother! and Kingsman 2 were shit.

Whoever wins, we lose.

>not appreciating Kino

Ass to ass.

Makes sense, Aronofsky is Snyder with talent.

Black Swan is somehow less subtle then Suspiria and Requiem For A Dream is practically a modern-day Reefer Madness, but they're constructed so well that the blunt themes work.

You can be as unsubtle as you want if you have the talent to make it work. If Snyder wasn't a hack then maybe BvS would have had an actual point to make about its characters.

People getting mad about Mother! being unsubtle are ridiculous, like they're somehow implying that Aronofsky was somehow trying to hide what his story was about and the bluntness of the storytelling wasn't intentional.

I hate the Snyder films, but directors tend to be polite about each other's work, so Aronofsky praising Snyder doesn't worry me about what an Aronofsky Superman movie might look like.

The dude has actually directed some good movies, unlike Snyder. Aronofsky could probably be for Superman what Nolan was for Batman.

In a better world, Aronofsky got to direct the Superman reboot instead of Snyder, and he threw out Goyer's script and either hired a new writer, or worked with Goyer to make a much better script (the same way Goyer was able to make a good screenplay for Batman Begins with help from Nolan).

But we live in the darkest timeline, where Snyder was given free reign on the DC movie universe.

Not being a burger is not an excuse to act like a retard.

I kinda agree about being blunt at times being acceptable if the film is put together well and the themes are solidly established in the film.

In the Dark Knight, there are a few scenes that really hit you over the head with ESCALATION and ANARCHY and CORRUPTING MUH IDEALS and ARE PEOPLE REALLY GOOD OR REALLY BAD, but it never feels trite, because the themes are developed really well by the narrative.

But it feels insulting in BvS when they hit you over the head with MUST THERE BE A SUPERMAN??!?!?! and TOO MUCH POWAH and HE'S JUST A MAN BUT ALSO HE IS A GOD BUT ALSO HE IS JUST A MAN, because they don't even develop the themes in a way that makes sense, they just have Clark Kent looking sad as people on TV talk shows spell these themes out for the audience. And then they are resolved by him and Batman's moms having the same name? And also Lex Luthor hates Superman because Superman is god an Luthor is an atheist, but then he's like "lol I called more alien gods to Earth for no raisin" and none of this shit makes sense.

>But it feels insulting in BvS when they hit you over the head with MUST THERE BE A SUPERMAN??!?!?! and TOO MUCH POWAH and HE'S JUST A MAN BUT ALSO HE IS A GOD BUT ALSO HE IS JUST A MAN, because they don't even develop the themes in a way that makes sense, they just have

Because they don't have any actual point to make.

Nolan is didactic, but Dark Knight is very clearly about the power and necessity of institutions, both government and idealistic. Whether or not you agree with it, the movie has a set off points it wants to make and lays them out.

BvS has no actual point to make. it IMPLIES a lot, but then Snyder gets bored and starts a half-dozen other ideas with no follow-thorough. He wants it to be a political thriller, a post-modern exploration of modern mythology, a post-9/11 American drama, a religious epic, a superhero movie and the starting pistol for a new cinematic universe. BvS reminds me a lot of the Matrix sequels and the Prequel Trilogy, which also want to say seventeen different things poorly instead of a handful of things well.

If Snyder had actually focused BvS, it might have had something to say. But he didn't and now we have pretend that was somehow intentional and it was poorly written and vague on purpose.

Oh noo...oh noo no noooo *wheezing laughter*

He did do a better job at religious symbolism than Snyder did.

The average movie-goer must be retarded then. When I went no one understood the allegories.

JLaw was Mother Earth/Nature, not the Holy Spirit. The movie was a comment on what we're doing to the planet told through biblical allegory. And the house was Eden.

What about Big trouble in little China?

But I thought Aronofsky hates Christianity?

Reminder that Cameron shilled for Genisys and Abatap 2 is going to suck.

>But I thought Aronofsky hates Christianity?

What? You realize he made a Noah's Ark movie, right?