Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Can we all agree this show is gonna age poorly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Never saw it in motion but the character design is fantastic

The character design is terrible.

You're terrible

Even with faults it's the best turtles show, 2003 is unwatchable.

>2003 is unwatchable.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, seriously? You reject the one consistant show? The only one that bothered adapting the comics in any sort of recognisable way? Sure why not, enjoy watching a show set in a ghost town of idiotic jokes pretend it earned dramatic moments.

>The show's writing is terrible. That's why it's going to age badly.
Don't forgot the visual. I tried to watch season 1 episodes a few weeks back and wow, it already looks bad.

RIP Casey

Nah. Overall it really is a great show. The animation and voice acting are particularly top notch. These are my favorite versions of the turtles, April, and Splinter. It's just too bad about all the missteps and ignored plotlines. But really I am very pleased with it as long as I can ignore that Mad Max dumpster fire Ciro wants to pass as a finale.

Pretty much. 2003 is so dull.

You're the guy that keeps pretending the comics matter. You're extremely persistent I'll give you that.

Pretty all of TMNT is going to age awkwardly. The original comics will only really appeal to those who knew the reasons behind their conception. The 87 cartoon was already looked at as fairly dated shortly after it had finished. The 2k3 and 2k12 shows both have their share of moments that either already feel dated or will be considered so in a few years.

We can all agree that this version of Casey Jones was the worst

Wale can agree that April's ass was huge

Except they do, they're the source material and IDW keeps doing reprints.

Eh, it's big, but not quite huge

Speaking of, I never got confirmation.
Did Donnie win the Aprilbowl?

Far as I understand, nope. Neither does Casey, though. There is something of April kissing Donnie in a music video, but that's non-canon.

being cg will do that. The real question is will anyone even remember this show with the fucked up scheduling it had?

dull, terrible designs, terrible voice acting, terrible theme song.

2012 has faults, but it's strengths make up for it.

Karai had the huge ass, April's was just big.

Karai's was fairly small too.

>2012 has faults, but it's strengths make up for it.
Like what? Out of place "serious" dialouge? Awkward continuity?

wrong.

Character design, perfect VA's, making April younger, Splinter, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles actually acting like teenagers, the lair, music, humor.

And there were some really strong episodes/ideas within the first two seasons.

>shown photographic proof
>"you're wrong!"
You're an idiot

consistency does not equal quality. I've tried to watch it a dozen times and I can never get past the first few episodes. It's trying so damn hard to be edgy and emulate the comics, and diehard fans see that effort and think that automatically makes it the best, but the show itself is still shit. The plots are barely deeper than your average kids show (and honest, neither were the original comics, they were just more "mature" in terms of tone) and the voice acting, score and animation are some painfully basic 4kids style trash. The biggest issue is that with the Y-7 rating neuters the whole effort. To try and recreate the original comic with that handicap is just painfully stupid, since the whole appeal of the original comic was that it was an over-the-top parody of just how edgy and absurd comics had become in the '80s.

Trying to emulate the original comic with the capability of being truly violent is like trying to make a fucking vegetarian chili.

Sup Forums is just full of pervs. They want to believe that any normal-sized ass is actually "huge" simply because it isn't drawn purposefully small.

To be fair, things like and pic related did make April's ass look a fair bit bigger. Granted, she was tied up in a way that would make it seem so, but the camera angles didn't exactly help but make it clear they were putting a lot of focus on her ass.

Uh yeah, you have obviously not read the comics or given the show an honest try.

The Nick show barely has a story or character development. It pretends to but it doesn't, it's mostly just loosely connected episodes that tries to take itself seriously without ever earning it.

In motion the show was fine, not sure how to put it but its the style that really shows its age when its day or more light. I think the dark setting did a really good job at hiding all the bad parts because in the later season, when the turtles were out of the city, the backgrounds almost look like Jimmy Neutron tier. Not sure if its was because of lack of budget or the show always looked like that but it was pretty bad in some scenes.

It's as generic as humanly possible

>unwatchable
Harsh words, user.
But I do have to agree that people suck it's dick far more than I feel it deserves.

I feel like it was great until after the first trip to space or whatever, then it got shaky from there. I couldn't stand the look of the Fast Forward show, and something was off about the animation at times during the season when they went back to the present. Still, Turtles Forever was a pretty solid movie, even if they kind of overdid how wimpy the 87 turtles were.

I mean there can't be that much dick sucking when people keep saying to avoid the last three or so seasons of the show

Oh it certainly had it's moments and the first space arc was really fun. I'm not saying it was a garbage fire, it was a good show. Just flawed.

Turtles Forever was hype and I'd say it mostly lived up to said hype outside of what you said.
But the early seasons are piled with praise and almost every thread you'll always have someone deriding previous and future TMNT adaptations just to rave about 2k3 and I hate that. I guess it's less the series itself, even I personally am not too crazy about it, but it's more the people around it?
I don't know, I just never got that mentality. All three cartoons offer something and they have their merits. None of them are perfect.

I think it's fair to say the first 2 seasons of TMNT2k12 are in the same boat. While they weren't perfect, they felt more focused for the most part. Once season 3 kicked off, you had a bunch of story arcs either getting started or hastily wrapped up, and it just kept going from there with the 4th and the 5th final one. Now, it's just a tangle of largely filler/short-lived stories with status quo always being restored almost as fastly as it was lost.

Can't even imagine what the next show will be like, though I'm betting it's largely episodic.

Yeah, the first two seasons of the 2012 series felt really strong. And I'd still say parts after that were strong too but overall it did go downhill.
Real shame too. So many forgotten plot points.

The videos canon cmon, Shes kissed him before too! Im a massive Casey fan but April/Donnie was legit a thing

Then where are their half-breed kids and pics of preggers April holding an egg?

Best TMNT, no contest.

Yeah the writer change is really palpable in this.

fuck this shit i was goin to catch up whit the show but if they ddint end up together i aint watching shit

Always a chance in the next show, pretty sure April is young in that one as well.

is not the op image rigth?

I take you mean "it's not the op image, rigtht?" that you're asking. No, it's not. This is what the next show will look like, it's called "Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". From the look of things, it's more or less just taking everyone into 2D instead of 3D. Though I haven't heard squat if it's continuing on from the 2012 show's continuity or gonna be a reboot.

I thought it was gonna be that fuck-awful TTG rip-off?

>I thought it was gonna be that fuck-awful TTG rip-off?
Wazzat? I know there were a bunch of shorts, but I can't recall any of them being TTG-like.

yea sorry i confuse this tread whit the other one that have your image as op. That april looks super cute do you know if the creative team of the 2012 show is coming back?

Someone posted some overly-cartoony concept art somewhere.

No clue. Like I said, it looks like they're using much of the same art style, as you can still see April's booty shorts and leggings, but now she's got the coat and blue shirt.

I wouldn't know. Given how the shorts were all done by different artists, can't really begin to guess which one was "overly-cartoony" as you put it.

ugly as shit April

Eh, it's cute.

Donnie and April end up together, but right after the world gets mutagen-nuked, she dies, and there's a 50 year timeskip followed by the 3-part finale.

This sounds like bullshit. But then again, the show did pull fakeout shit before no less than 3 times.

I loved it when Shredder came back to life only to dance with the other villains.

The first season will remain as smartly written as it's ever been

i remember watching the first season. When people on funnyjunk asked if people recommended this series I said "i watched the original 80s cartoon and this one was way better" and it really was.

As with every Turtle series I tend to stop watching around the the time they go into space as I hate that stuff. So I didn't really keep up with the last couple seasons

Wasn't able to keep up with the last two seasons, does anyone have a mega link? The show is over now? Completely finished?

What I learned from this thread is that TMNT is a shit franchise that has no good adaptations whatsoever

It felt like a show that wasn't sure what it wanted to do. Actual arcs? Monster of the week? Goofy space shit?

The part where I went from kind of interested to only watching an episode every once in awhile was when they had this plotline where Karai was struggling to control her serpent instinct and both sides were trying to find her and help her and then suddenly an episode opens with Baxter going "GOOD THING I FINALLY CURED KARAI SO I CAN GIVE HER THIS MIND-WORM TO SERVE YOU, SHREDDER" a major plot point of the season's storyline resolved off-screen.

Then there's moments like
>Accidentally mutate bystander into horrible, pained monstrosity
>Mikey makes up a witty nickname as they beat the shit out of the former human and nobody calls him out on that garbage

>Earth has just been destroyed and LITERALLY everyone and everything they've ever known is gone
>Episode abruptly ends with Casey going "this is AWESOME" because they're in a cool spaceship in space

I mean it's TMNT so things are going to be a little weird and schizophrenic but I feel like there's a line where it stops being fun and weird and starts being jarring

>TMNT is a shit franchise
incorrect
>no good adaptations whatsoever
kind of correct.

That's bait, that's not the 80s version
Now THIS is bait. Kill yourself. 2K12 was a fun ride for what it was, I loved quite a lot of it. But 03 is still superior. If you're however including FF and Back to the Shitter, then fuck you because they are separate arcs. You might as well include the Heroes in a Half Shell mini series even though that was pretty good too

>80s TMNT designs
>bad
They only popularized the franchise and permanently thrust it into the public eye. Also it has the best April so there's that

And? Super Mario Super Show is a cult classic, but it had animation errors so infamous that the only rival today is the new Powerpuff Girls. Just because it became a "Pokemania" type thing doesn't mean it's still a good thing. All of the TMNT after 80s looked better, even some movie adaptations.

But Jumpsuit April is good, that's it. That's one thing over 03s April.

87 still had the best theme song. Can't prove me wrong.

I actually kinda like 80s April in general, not just for the jumpsuit even though the jumpsuit is a huge part of it

prefer depending on music choice. i like rap more so i ike the 2012 version. but the season 5 theme song of this series is pretty awesome with the old time like jazz feel

>no good adaptations whatsoever
Wrong. First movie still stands out as the best adaptation and is outright one of the best comic book movies ever made.
The perfect mix between the lighthearted cartoon and the darker comics with the best elements of both. Also the IDW comics are really good too.

Not to mention that while every series is flawed they always start out good. The first two seasons of the 2012 cartoon, the first season of the 1987 cartoon, and the first 2-3 seasons of the 2003 cartoon are all solid in their own ways. Everything afterwards tends to be a mixed bag.

Still one of the best villain intro scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=HTkA6MXdV2M

What was wrong with season 4? Same writing, same animation...

Huh?
Oh fuck, you're right. Season 4 wasn't the lost one, was it?
Excuse my tired rambling, user. I don't even think the lost one was that bad either so just lump that in I suppose.

so i imagine they will back in time or some shit rigth?

the IDW comic is legit

Man, The death of cable TV is doing some interesting things to cartoons.
Completely random broadcast schedules, the new "bomb" format where half a dozen episodes are saved up and dumped a week at a time, and less clear season division.
This seasons plot basically resolved in what, the first 5 episodes? And now they've just been doing random experimental things. Like this hour long mad max side story.

I wonder if they had meant to properly conclude in season 5 and got forced to wrap up things like the Super Shredder in season 4 instead, forcing them to shuffle shit into 5 and basically make it a massive filler. I can bet with some dubbed in changes about Splinters absence, you could have most of the 5th season eps filled into the 4th and nobody would notice.

>the night the Apocalypse three-parter happened, a bunch of people insisted it wasn't the canon ending of the show
>finally watch it for myself

For God's sake, how in denial do you have to be? The Space Heroes gag was especially on-the-nose.

Yeah, 2003 had a 100% solid 4 seasons of consistent writing and animation, and a slightly shaky but still great season 5 that wrapped up the one remaining plotline.

Neither of the other cartoons even comes close to that.

So which is it? I've seen a bunch of reviews mentioning it's an alternate deal, not unlike the OG Ben 10 finale where he revealed his secret to his hometown, while the villain team up episode was the real finale or some shit.

The timeskip three-parter was intended to be the series finale, but Nick is backpedaling hard since it's kind of a downer ending.

They aired it out of sequence and are presenting it as an elseworld, rather than the canon ending.

>Some people say the 87 crossover is a better ending because it encompasses
>Mutant Apocalypse literally ends with a "thank you" to Kevin and Peter

Seriously?

on the last dvd coming out in december, Pocalypse is even the last in the set.

What the fuck?

how are they backpedaling less than a day after?

speak for yourself, big or smol im comming in hot

wait a year and the threads on Sup Forums will prove otherwise when it premires

forgot about that.

Never said small butts can't be enjoyed. Just look at the girl from Final Fantasy 9.

>The timeskip three-parter was intended to be the series finale
do you have sause or are you talking out of your ass

Well it was the last in production order. Why would you make the finale before a bunch of others?

Why would you give a thank you to the creators in the middle of a season?

so the other epsiodes are what? just ramndom shit or do they reverse what happend in the 3 parter?

Who knows. Nick has been so weird with the release schedule of the show since it began.

>Them acting like teens
The fuck does that mean?

so your theory is nick is using the remaining episodes to reverse the finale or making a more cheerfull one

Never said that, just that they've been wonky with the episode releases since it began. I recall how the first season had a steady run up until like the 8th or episode, then got hiatus for like a month or two and then the last few of that season.

>so the other epsiodes are what? just ramndom shit or do they reverse what happend in the 3 parter?

Random shit. IIRC all that's left is the Halloween shit and the Bebop and Rocksteady crossover.

They aired the finale early because they didn't want the show to end on a downer note. They're saving the Bebop and Rocksteady crossover for last.

>Nick is backpedaling hard

I didn't say that