Character saying phrases like "Holy spit" and "Up spit creek without a paddle"

>Character saying phrases like "Holy spit" and "Up spit creek without a paddle"
>Ozzy calling Drix "cherry assman"
>A statue of sperm saying "Our Founder"
>The Kid Rock song where he says "Young ladies, young ladies I like em underage see, some say that's statutory / But I say it's mandatory"
>The rain being shaped like sperm
>Leah says Ozzy likes to "divide with himself", a masturbation reference
>Bill Murray nearly dies from overheating in an uncomfortable and depressing scene
>The uvula/penis joke
>Characters being brutally murdered by Thrax
>When they arrive at The Zit there are clearly some strippers roaming around there
>Thrax melting to death in the alcohol cup, etc.

Wow, how did they get away with putting all this in a kids' movie? I mean, most cartoons usually slip in a few dirty jokes, but this one crams like 100 into the whole thing, yet the censors never noticed, and the movie still skirted by with a PG rating.

In general it seems early 2000s kids movies were much more vulgar and ballsier than late 2000s/2010s kids movies, for some reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NRqjN7mEFYI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ah, the good ol' days when parents weren't giant pussies and SJWs didn't exist.

But hadn't stuff like "stranga danga" already well taken hold by the early 2000s?

>Misses the fact that the poster uses a rhyme with "hell".

Another edgy early 2000s kid movie.

>Charlie hallucinates seeing Jessie coming to his rescue. He then stares at her clothed chest and, still thinking she's a mirage, puts his hand on her clothed breasts and says, "They feel so real." Later, Charlie tries to apologize for that, and bumbles by saying he didn't think they (her breasts) were real, and then says he meant her.
>After Blue staggers into the toilet, he says "Gotta point old Percy at the porcelain" and then faints. "Old Percy" is slang for genitals.
>A woman tells a man the medicine he is drinking will make his testicles fall off.
>A man asks another man to reach into his pants (for scissors), and the other man says something like "Come on, we all have urges, go out like a man (referring to the fact that they might die soon)" and then he goes on to tell him about a time where "there was this well-built Latino man"
>While two men hug each other in a somewhat emotional scene, one of them remarks that this a "very intimate, non-gay moment."
>Jeddie is riding on a horse shown in slow motion, with cleavage showing, to the song "Hey sexy lady." Long pause while Charlie is lusting over her.
>Charlie and Jessie kiss twice in the basin of a waterfall. The man is wearing boxers, and the woman is wearing a white tank top and underwear.
>Woman's nipples are erect while she walks along side of a boat.
>Some scenes with fighting (with a little blood) and guns.
>People drink in a bar where Charlie offers to buy a beer for Louis. Charlie downs his beer in one gulp, while they see Blue who's quite intoxicated. Blue then drinks a shot with a beer and later has more shots (he then passes out). Not long after that, Blue is flying Charlie and Louis in his plane.

Post-2007 kids movies don't seem to have this kind of stuff.

I loved this movie and remember it being shown to my middle school science class when we were studying human anatomy.

Because it wasn't mean to be for kids.
WB neutered it at the last moment to increase viewership.

If they did neuter it then the censors did a really poor job (that's a good thing). The PG-13 humor is still largely intact.

I used to have to play this all the time when I was a substitute teacher before I got a full time job. It was bad like the first three times because I had never seen it before but it eventually started to drive me nuts.

Does anyone even care about rating anymore? Most parents will let their kids watch anything they want and only complain about it afterwards.

It WASNT bad the first three times*

That was not supposed to be a kids movie. It was originally a mafia comedy for adults but the test screening didn't go over well. so they reshot some scenes did some editing added more CGI kangaroo scenes and we wind with Kangaroo Jack.

But it was still marketed as a kids movie and rated PG, yet the censors didn't cut out all the edgy stuff

>>"Young ladies, young ladies I like em underage see, some say that's statutory / But I say it's mandatory"
Holy shit that is golden. He's gotta be kidding.

That song is Sup Forums's anthem

*Sup Forums's anthem.

Hows the tv show ?

It's alright

I wonder how the censors missed it.
It's not like the usual go too far so you can present what you wanted to begin with as something softer applied.

...so?

THERE'S TROUBLE IN THE AIR, WHAT ARE YA GONNA DO?
youtube.com/watch?v=NRqjN7mEFYI

>all those parents who thought they were taking their kids to see a movie about a talking kangaroo because of the misleading trailers

Decent saturday morning show for making biology exciting

They got rid of too many things, like Ozzy's girlfriend Leah. Also, Frank is a slob again for some reason.

>imblyign
The SJW prime is certainly new, but parental censorship was in its heyday in the 90s. Everything was secretly satanic.

it's pretty decent overall, has some issues with the animation though, especially in the early episodes where they occasionally would randomly reuse footage from the movie

The only joke was the penis joke. I very naive as a kid.

Before I saw the movie, my little brother said to me Kangaroo Jack died in it by getting trapped in a sewerhole which flooded. Of course he just made it up, as I soon learned.

I don't like how Drix changed from a tough, hard-as-nails cop to a bumbling fool.

>implying stranger danger isn't important especially in the age of the early internet

the 2000's were a weird dip between the 90's wave of pc / satanic panic and the 10's wave of sjw / social media where you could actually do fun things with media without it being picked apart

maybe the new 20's will be another fun blip where we dont have to give a fuck about who gets offended and shit like that

Back then we didn't have the SJW pansies being offended at every fucking turn and movies and tv shows were so much better for it.

I wish we could go back to those times.
Nowadays everybody's jumping from one foot to the other and what we get is bland and unoffensive.

Considering the fact that moral panics seem to come in waves it should be over soon and that period will be back. The 80s had a similar moment between your red scare stuff and pre satanic panic.

Isn't red scare more a 60s thing

The cold war lasted from the late '40s to the beginning of the '90s. Ample time for multiple cycles.