Is this any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TzYnlHZeSjw
youtube.com/watch?v=d3hs8wbHxB8
youtube.com/watch?v=hlID7aDzccY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8xazDzACg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

First seasons fun. The rest is whatever.

Pretty good, got Hulk Hogan as a batshit crazy awesome Dean of the university.

It was alright

Is it as good as the original shorts?
As in, will it make me laugh as hard as that horse that sounds like schwarzenegger?

it was a disappointment in light of the originals shorts & the pilot
as far as other [as] content its alright

The first season is very similar to the shorts but everything afterwards is very slow placed. It kinda feels like a bad parody of a sitcom from that point on.

>Is it as good as the original shorts?
Absolutely not.

It's great. I fucking love Brad Neely.
Would shorten my life to get another season.
Harg Nallin' had moments but boy it had some really low lows.

It's a completely different beast.

Shit.

No, its actually really similar writing-wise but the animation is obviously a world apart

if you liked his original shorts youll like the first two season of China, IL. People hate on the second season, but its just as good. the episodes are just twice as long, which makes it feel even more disparate from the original shorts.

dont bother with the third season unless youre desperate for more content. its not good,

>tfw you'll never be bros with Brad Neely
>tfw he'll never invite you over to listen to the Wizard People, Dear Reader sequels he is legally forbidden to release

>dont bother with the third season
oh? why's that?

>implying the musical isn't the best episode
Wrong.

The main characters are a celebration of mediocrity. They know they're shit people and they don't give a shit. Then all the supporting characters like the Dean are absurd fun.

it goes to shit. im not sure, but i think Neely mightve used uncredited writers who sucked. That or he lost his vision. Either way, the third season is mostly nor worth mentioning, exceptions being The third season has it's moments, but overall is disappointing if you're a fan of the first two.

>tfw Brad Neely's Harg Nallin' Sclopio Peepio is one of the worst things Adult Swim ever aired while China IL still holds up today despite graduating from college years ago.

What the actual fuck happened?

That's a damn shame. I don't remember much of the show other than the episode where buddy boy ties to do the same thing everyday because of a belief that he'll acheive immense satisfaction. Like taking a shit infront of a specific grocery store girl. That episode gave me a hard laugh.

What's Neely up to these days? Any good new shows?

I like the video where he's dancing on his mind, I guess that' good

I'm talking about blood
I'm talking about blood

feels bad, man

I'm just waiting for his guest appearance on Adventure Time this season

They literally told him "just do whatever you want" and the working title was TV Sucks. He ended up being like one of a dozen writers and focused mostly on the songs.
His internet shorts are still the best. Here's the prototype that's better than pretty much all of the TV show.

youtube.com/watch?v=TzYnlHZeSjw
youtube.com/watch?v=d3hs8wbHxB8
youtube.com/watch?v=hlID7aDzccY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8xazDzACg

Each season differs greatly. Original online shorts place a lot of emphasis on comedic timing with frame-by-frame narration and easter eggs. First season is 12 minute shorts which are super fast paced and condensed but adapts really well. Second and third season slows down and takes on a 30 minute runtime with A&B plots and arguably becomes more like other AS animated comedies in delivery.

So yeah I recommenced it, at least the originals and first season.

Pony and Steve shoulda fugged

loved the super deluxe shorts. kinda stopped watching after the 2nd season of china il

the friends from the web shorts should have existed or at least had a single episode focusing on why they weren't in it or something like that
there's just so many characters they chose to ignore and made up a bunch for the tv series

I'm gonna sit a crabcake in front of your coochie.

It's the best at math

wooooaaaahh, maaatttthh!

There is -one- episode from the later season you should watch. There is almost NO comedy in it. Season 3 episode 3 "Charlize"

It's interesting.

I was gonna say, it's awesome.

Poor Pony.

>mfw those scenes

This shit seriously could've been an intense apocalyptic story

I watched a few episodes in my insomniac nights.
The only one that really stuck with me was the professor brothers episode about the perfect day.

Don't listen to people saying S2 wasn't great. Surfer God, Wild Hogs, China Man Begins, Total Validation, You know who you look like are all great episodes. Diamond castle gets better on repeat viewings, and the Kevin Costner bit of "is college worth it" is amazing.

"I'm gonna call you Aladdin, because there's no what that's not who you are. Now, this school was built atop an old native American graveyard. But I suppose the same could be said about all the places in America..."

Neelys delivery as his characters is always stellar

I hate this bitch! I'm gonna burn her, and then I'm gonna go get a drink, if any ladies wanna hang out!