Was Mr Incredible a racist for not allowing Buddy to become his sidekick because he had no powers?

Was Mr Incredible a racist for not allowing Buddy to become his sidekick because he had no powers?

it was the Class System at work. If you let normies think they are on the same level of heroes then social structure falls.

Not just racist, he was a sexist racist beta male.

No, He is a bad teacher. He is a good guy, he is still a bad teacher.

He should just allow buddy train in the government. He got potential become a hero. I am not saying that buddy is innocent. But, there are better ways to handle a buddy situation.

Yes, as he should be. Mr. Incredible was a proud Nordic man, Buddy was a scrawny little irish subhuman.

Being rejected for a job isn't justification for serial-killing everyone working for the company.

At the time buddy was underqualified, and Mr Incredible wasn't accepting interns atm.

>genius-level intellect
>go from some suburban city home to a fucking sprawling tropical island complex powered by a volcano
>have a fucking SMOLDERING gf that most guys would kill for
Fuck this kid was autistic.
I'm not memeing here it's the only explanation for going completely off the rails and treating Mirage like garbage.

Dude had everything, EVERYTHING in life and threw it away for nothing of value. He could've played hero anytime he wanted, and he could've sold his inventions any time he wanted. No part of his plan of "making everyone super" had to involve killing actual supers.

he's right but also a dick.
The message of the Incredibles is a pretty shitty one for a Pixar movie when you think about. It's basically "you're not good enough for your dreams, so fuck off"
I mean everyone loves the "if we're all special, no one is"
but how righteous is a character who doesn't inspire others and fights crime to fulfill his own needs to feel strong?

I suppose this is a neat subversion of Superhero tropes

Buddy clearly had the potential, but Mr Incredible wanted none of it

He's a crazy little shit. Brilliant but utterly sociopathic, even as a child. Invents some shit tier gadgetry and thinks he's entitled to partner up with the premier Super of his age.

Yeah. Typical mutie. People with no powers can be just as good.

>Being rejected for a job isn't justification for serial-killing everyone working for the company.
Prove it!

It was never implied that any particular super took Mr Incredible under his wing as a kid, what entitles Buddy to just accost a legend in the field and demand partnership?

You don't walk up to Roger Federer and insist on being his doubles partner because "you have some potential".

Does having superpowers make you a different race? Buddy was a little kid it would of been weird to want him as a sidekick

But Buddy HAD powers. Albeit due to tech. He was a minor, a liability and Mr Incredible works alone - so even if he were an adult, powered and successful hero in his own right, Bob would still have said no to teaming up because prior to marriage, that’s who’s he was.

In fact, was there ever shown to be another active Super of Buddy's age at the time?

Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl seemed to find the idea of their own children fighting villains pretty unappealing, and they are superhuman powerhouses. Violet is older than Buddy was at the time.

He did this several times, Mr. Incredible should have been responsibility about the buddy situation. Hell, He could have arrested that kid.

Mr. Incredible isn't a fucking teacher at all. He never tried to be, he never wanted to be, but Buddy tried to make himself his student even going against his own wishes. Mr. Incredible isn't there to teach a kid the ropes or deal with his bullshit, his only goal is to help people, and having to watch over an over-eager autistic kid does not help him at all.

He was responsible. Every time Buddy came by to bug him he put him back home and repeatedly told him to knock this side kick shit off. Mr. Incredible isn't Buddy's dad, he's not his teacher, if Buddy keeps choosing to not fucking listen to him and continually throw himself into danger, that's on him.

>He was responsible. Every time Buddy came by to bug him he put him back home and repeatedly told him to knock this side kick shit off. Mr. Incredible isn't Buddy's dad, he's not his teacher, if Buddy keeps choosing to not fucking listen to him and continually throw himself into danger, that's on him.

He is a super hero, he was irresponsibly for continuing that shit.

It's called ableism. If you're gonna use isms, at least get the right.

What is your first language?

Eh, I don't really care. It is really late and arguing about stupid shit. You reply to me and answer your questions.

I don't argue with foreigners, retards or drunks, and you seem to be at least 1 of those.

I don't think supers were considered a distinct race of their own, so no, this wouldn't be an act of racism.

I doubt the shit Buddy pulled in the intro was his first time fucking things up.

Do i really care?

"no powers" isn't a race.
Its just one attribute.
Its like someone with a flat voice wanting to be an opera singer.

Buddy is voiced by some scientologistfag so who gives a fuck

I thought it was a "I don't want to endanger a kid" thing.

>Mr. Incredible isn't a fucking teacher at all. He never tried to be, he never wanted to be, but Buddy tried to make himself his student even going against his own wishes. Mr. Incredible isn't there to teach a kid the ropes or deal with his bullshit, his only goal is to help people, and having to watch over an over-eager autistic kid does not help him at all.

And that's his entire fucking problem. He doesn't care abou any kids situations, not even his own. He just cares about who's better and who isn't. Look at his own fucking kid. He says Dash could win easily if he raced "for real" but there's no possible way anyone would accept a speedster in a race designed for human standards. There's no way either of their kids would have had anything resembling a normal childhood even if it's ok for them to reveal their powers.

If he didn't want to teach Buddy, that's fine. But he should have taken the thirty goddamn seconds and say "I'm not the guy for this, find somebody else". Or made a call that there's a kid with a fucking jetpack flying around who'll hurt himself or someone else. But he doesn't.

Syndrome was a ticking timebomb, but Mr. Incredible is the guy who made it explode. It doesn't matter if it's officially his job to be a teacher, since it's not his job to be a hero either. He was the adult in that situation and it was his job to at least act like it.

"gender" is a social construct.
genitalia is just one attribute.
it's like someone with a dick couldn't be a woman.

see how dumb it sounds?

Except that you're wrong because racism is discrimination based solely on race, while discriminating based on not having powers would be classified as something different. Whoever comes up with the coolest term will have it adopted by everyone else.

>kid wouldn't take no for an answer
>Mr. Incredible can't have a sidekick since "I work alone"

Buddy was a spoiled brat in some serious need of some caning.

he had a power tho. Hyper-invention.

If you didn't you wouldn't reply

Could Buddy in his prime beat Rick?

What are some other stories where wannabe sidekicks go off the fucking rails like this?

were there any Batman-esque superheros without powers in that universe? or only powerless villains?

Maybe I'm secretly in love with that user and I am too shy to asks him out.

You should just have confidence. Anons, dig that. Be yourself.

>autistic
His name was literally syndrome

Naw.. I wouldn't want a mal-adjusted chucklefuck who'd been stalking me as a sidekick either.

For there to be winners there have to be losers, so excuse me while I wipe my ass with your dreams. Ah that's better. When would gadgets ever come in handy anyway? Ha ha ha! Super powers are for people born with the privilege. Is it possible that there might be people out there, if they had my same powers, would be far better heroes than I? Nope! I'm just more special than everyone else. Why else would fate have chosen me?

Except he was a kid, with talent and drive, and being a superhero isn't exactly a standard job.

It's incredible's fault that he let Buddy's talents go to waste, that were obvious even back then.

What he should have done was try and find somebody suitable to train him.
He would have been the first tech hero is the problem.

>At the time buddy was underqualified
He really was.

Is a cop racist if they don't allow an untrained, unarmed civillian become his partner even if they really, really wanted to?

BLM told me all cops are racist, so yes.

Genius or not, he's still immature, irrational and young to be doing such a dangerous job. Plus the constant screw ups leads to even bigger problems which led to the superhero registration act that kickstarted the plot.

Look at the "I Work Alone" Mr Incredible was doing his job and struggling to get Buddy to safety making sure he doesn't get killed in the crossfire, but Buddy saw him smugly stroking his ego. Bob isn't smug, he loves being a hero and helping people because he hates them seeing them in misery. But his passion for helping people is also a major flaw that even lands him into trouble, such as getting him fired from his job after tosses his jackass boss through a couple of walls.

Deepest lore

He built impressive tech for his age. Mr. Incroyable should have calmly explained that he was too young and inexperienced, but that he would contact the government to see about getting Buddy some scholarships in super science where his obvious talents could be allowed to grow. And then, eventually, he could become a great sidekick or a hero in his own right.

>Bob loves helping people
>throws an innocent man through forty walls for caring about keeping his company alive

OK

Something around Batman #600.
Robin (Stephanie Brown) starts a mob war in Gotham to purge it.
Dies in that event

>>throws an innocent man through forty walls for caring about keeping his company alive
He's actually not innocent. You're technically required by law to report cases of burglary or assault to the police. If you just sit on your ass and do nothing about it, you can get in trouble yourself, because you allowed a crime to happen without even doing the bare minimum of telling someone about it.

There was nothing he could have done. Thousands get mugged every day.
You think Bob was justified in physically harming his boss because he didn't care about a mugging?

That makes Bob no better than the mugger.

>If he didn't want to teach Buddy, that's fine. But he should have taken the thirty goddamn seconds and say "I'm not the guy for this, find somebody else". Or made a call that there's a kid with a fucking jetpack flying around who'll hurt himself or someone else. But he doesn't.
It's literally not the first time Buddy has done this, though. Mr. Incredible has dealt with before and more than likely did tell him exactly that. What we see in the movie is just the cumulation of all the times Buddy decide to fuck around and be a sidekick.

Where the fuck are Buddy's parents teaching him this shit? Blaming Mr. Incredible on a sperg's insecurities and fucking inferiority complex is stupid. Buddy literally never once actually wanted to be a hero, and that's obvious from the fucking start. He just wanted the fame and glory from it.

But anyone who's determined, resourceful, and let's face it, crazy enough, can theoretically become a superhero even without powers.

If you want to be a opera singer but have a flat voice, well, you're fucked, there's no way to work around that issue.

>There was nothing he could have done
Called 911 instead of continuing to berate his employee for doing the job he was assigned.