What does Sup Forums think of Harmonquest?

What does Sup Forums think of Harmonquest?

I remember seeing a trailer for it in theaters and thought it was interesting because it integrated Table top role playing with animation as a comedy series.

beast boy finally left the teen titans?

it's really shit. If you are going to do a tabletop series, get people that know and like tabletop, not just celebrities for celebrity appeal

A bunch of comedians who know nothing about D&D that try to be funny by completely missing the point of D&D. It's entertaining of you're a normie, but you actually play D&D it's super annoying. You can have an entertaining and funny adventure without being LOL SO RANDUM

It's a D&D episode: The series.

It's an really interesting concept.

But goddamn do I find most of the celebrity guest stars painfully annoying and unfunny. The best one was Paul F. Tompkins and he dies.

Thomas Middleditch was a great mix of capable and humorous.

None of the players are funny or entertaining so the whole thing ends up being mostly boring.

The S2 episode with Gillian Jacobs was pretty funny because she got so into obsessing over her character sheet and roleplaying her goblin as some literally autistic thief.
It was like the exact opposite of that awful Audrey Plaza episode where she didn't even try to learn the rules and just got away with doing shit by saying she did.

I like it for the most part, but prefer season 2 over 1. I feel those were funnier overall. Also, kinda disappointed with the "celebrity" guests, not a lot of big names or names in general. I'm waiting for the Patton Oswalt one. Bit I really don't like waiting to see the episodes because I don't want to pay to subscribe to a site I probably won't watch anything else on.

It's nowhere as good as Aquisitions Inc.

Aubrey Plaza was awful on this

also the barbarian chick was annoying

Dan Harmon is genuinely the worst thing about it.
He's a big blubbering douchebag who's only shtick is half-hearted self-deprecation. He comes off as an easily offended manchild who puts himself down so others will pity him or leave him alone.

The show was created in the wake of all the youtube channels where people play tabletop games, but sadly none of the cast or the guests like D&D or bother making an effort.

Jeff B. Davis is the best part of the show.

The Adventure Zone is genuinely funnier and it's just 3 retarded brothers and their disappointed father.

fuck you guys, I like it. Love Bone Weevil-- and he's back in the second season.

>It's a "GM railroads the Players and takes away their agency so that he can use them as co-writers for his shitty story" episode: The series

this guys obsession with redheads creeps me out and I'm a man

Go on, tell me how you'd make this kind of show, which includes guests that are limited to one episode, without any kind of railroading.

I wouldn't, because a psuedo-Tabletop gaming series relying on cycling through Guest Stars of various levels of apathy and disinterest should not and did not need to exist.

>it's a "Sup Forums gets angry that normies are having light hearted fun with their hobbies" episode

Yes, if you're not going to a comedy based around D&D, why not have the humor very specifically funny to that audience? Silicon Valley is able to be genuinely funny to engineers and programmers. But HarmonQuest is basically Big Bang Theory D&D edition.

It works better than you'd think but worse than you'd hope.

A lot of times the people they bring in to play are terrible and don't even try to play (like when Britta comes on and Britta's up the whole thing by refusing to play along and just making "read the character sheet" jokes)

The DM is excellent.

When they have good guests on, like the episode with Kumail Nanjiani, things go well.

Because hardcore D&D players aren't the audience. It's a gueststar-driven half hour live improv comedy. The gaming is never meant to be the focus of the show; it's just a gimmick.

Then don't do gaming, do Inprov comedy. You're only making your self look like poser faggots by trying this "Nerd culture" shit.

It's a novel concept, and they're having fun with it. Stop being so offended that someone doesn't take your hobby as seriously as you do.

>It's a novel concept,
It's a dumb gimmick, flavor their bland "comedy"