This episode is literally the worse one ever in the series and also gives us the cringest line ever

This episode is literally the worse one ever in the series and also gives us the cringest line ever.

>Am I evil?
>No, you're smart

Perfectly sums up the reddit audience of the show and why they worship the show so much

>reddit

Why are you so upset about a show nobody forces you to watch?

>ITT: OP takes a line from a cartoon and interprets it as a philosophy on life, then goes on to assume that the people who enjoy the show believe this to be a deep truth, and some how thinks it's the fans of the show who are idiots.

>Then makes an 8th thread about the show

Don't act like a large portion of the fanbase isn't going to latch onto that line and use it to justify their being an asshole. Expect that line on a T-shirt coming to your nearest hot topic in a week.

Books are written to be read

The episode literally referenced reddit by name. I'm shocked that anyone is trying to defend this.

It genuinely is one of the worst, regardless of reddit.

>LITERALLY literally rëddit the episode was bad
Wow what a surprise

Most people don't read mein kampf because they all agree it's shit without even needing to open the cover. Nobody forces Op to be in a situation that actively made him assblasted yet he will probably be back next week to get upset all over again at superior comedy

Have they referenced any other website other than reddit?

Early S1 Rick > S1 Morty > S2 Morty > Late S1 Rick > S2 Rick > Comics Morty > S3 Rick > S3 Morty > Comics Rick

>Most people don't read mein kampf because they all agree it's shit without even needing to open the cover.
Congratulations! Congratulations! Congratulations!

tey don't agree it's shit
they don't opebn it because it's the only type of taboo left most people respect, which is honestly pretty dumb.

hitler had some great quotes, one doesn't necessarily have to agree with his ideology to see that

the retards who demonize him to the point of psinting him as evil incarnate are the same who would rather him being current POTUS than trump

I noticed that adventure time, wakfu and rick & morty (and probably a lot of other shows) all follow the same pattern. The first seasons consist of simple adventures with straightforward plots, during the later seasons the show matures and becomes more complex but paradocixally the amount of whiny faggots increases. Probably has something to do with nostalgia.

Must be nice being a white fedora-chan with a pocket full of stale hot takes.

i need to get a newer keyboard

This show triggers brainlets so fucking hard.

You will feel better eventually. You'll be okay.

>assuming brainlets are not the ones the show appeals to

truly intelligent people don't seek validation from cartoons

There are more books than you could ever read in a lifetime. Make some fucking choices you beta.

I kind of liked mien kampf on some level.

Season 2 of wakfu my only problem was only 2 characters were any use in combat when before everyone contributed. When season 3 comes out I hope it's less goku and vegeta bullshit.

>hitler had some great quotes
I don't know what you consider great, but Hitler was a terrible writer.

>The first seasons consist of simple adventures with straightforward plots
The first seasons of each show you mentioned are not accurately described by this statement. Maybe actually watch what you watch.

I feel like it being taboo to read is a mistake. It seems like something that should be studied as kind of a cautionary tale of how someone can take advantage of social/political turmoil to instill fanaticism and stir people to commit horrible atrocities.

i don't mean mein kampf, i mean the quotes they literally meme the fuck out of to say "haha it was a hitler quote lmao"

Season 3 is already ogre, user

What about
>“Anyone can deal with victory. Only the mighty can bear defeat.”
>“The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes”
>“He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.”
>“Reading is not an end to itself, but a means to an end.”
If you didn't know these were written by literally hitler, you would probably think that these were words to live by.

>When season 3 comes out I hope it's less goku and vegeta bullshit.
You know that season 3 is already out?

It's a great line, because it's pretty obvious Rick would consider himself above good and evil because of his ego.

My only issue is that Beth hasn't done anything ever to warrant being called smart. Quite the opposite.

Just a little boring tbqh

wasn't the one in charge of the actual atrocities himmler?
from what i know hitler was just a very loud strategyst people ended up following because europe was in shambles

germany sorry*
jesus fuck i really hope noone replies before the 45 fucking seconds

wot now?

>dog - me
>small dogs - season 3 episodes

>hitler wrote in english
seems plausible and believable

She's probably a bit like Morty in that game universe—hamstrung by what she thinks she ought to be doing. Rick, suspecting she's quite a bit like him, gave her the key to the nihilist kingdom.

>Sup Forums preemptively bashes the fans for their response to that line and goes on a reddit rant

>reddit preemptively bashes the fans for their response as well but without the tangent into Hitler's works

Does Sup Forums equal Reddit now?

I mean, he'd still have to write the speeches, but I guess I can go dig up an example.

oh...

Im just saying that the quotes where good.

Goebbels wrote his speeches. That's why they were good.

>Probably has something to do with nostalgia.
The world would be a better place without the nostalgia crowd

They're all pretty generic, "just do it" examples of sloganeering. None are terrible; they're all just tepid cliches.

given the context, I guess it's alright. Rick's giving his daughter some words of encouragement.

I wonder why he never went on adventures with Beth as a kid.

In a sort of "Hollywood doing bad impressions of George Orwell and Charles Bukowski" sense.

They're also not Hitler's, they are the work of a translator.

Hard to argue Hitler was a good writer when you don't even read the language he wrote in.

>now

I think what quantifies for a good quote is something that can be applicable to many situations. They could be considered cliche, but I would still call them good quotes.

Who cares what you think? This is quotes now.

I'm not arguing that hitler was a good writer. I'm just saying that he wan't a complete madman out of his mind, and had a few good thoughts.

>Don't act like a large portion of the fanbase isn't going to latch onto that line and use it to justify their being an asshole.

Oh, you mean like what OP is doing?

Even prior to WW2 Mein Kampf was denounced by pretty much everyone as the ramblings of a madman, to the point where nobody took it seriously because clearly he was joking and nobody could be that fucking deluded.

Now you're moving the goalposts:
"these were written by literally hitler" ().

I'm not trying to rub it in and be a condescending prick, but the only way you will be able to make tidier arguments is if somebody points out what isn't working in the way you argue currently.

Using precise language isn't just something people do to feel smart.

Maybe they weren't cliches when he wrote them, maybe the translator debased the art of the original, I don't know, but I'm thinking those are the only two situations where those quotes could be considered good; and no, a cliche cannot rightfully be considered good outside any context.

of course, political opponents couldn't possibly gain anything by denouncing the other party by saying they are full of madmen.

So by your definition "Just do it" is an amazing quote, and simply "Do it" is even better because it can be applied in even more situations.

What political opponents? Hitler had them all killed or silenced. By which I mean killed.

I never stated that they were well written, I just said that they were written by hitler, and would have been well regarded quotes if they were said by anybody else.

not when he written the book.

>the top page on reddit
>fake news
>certified fresh
>sexist beta male

wrote* fuck i'm tired

>I just said that they were written by hitler
Yeah, and that's what I'm saying is wrong.

As an aside I think that sentences that short and ideas that insipid would struggle to be well-written, but I think that they're adequately written. Short sentences tend to either be shit, adequate, or exceptional. There's not really space for "well-written" in so few words.

So...general Sup Forums conversation then?

you can still have good concepts and ideas, even if you aren't the best writer.

>Short sentences tend to either be shit, adequate, or exceptional.
That describes all sentences.

R&M is nowhere near old enough to have nostalgia attached to it.

While good writing stems from practice (and probably some luck) clear writing stems from clear thinking, so if you're writing is poor because it's unclear, your ideas are probably not that great.

But the quotes are clear enough. They're just boring—bad advertisement copy for crappy products.

I'm not advocating for hitlers writing skills for christs sake. I was just trying to point out that hitler had some ideas that if written by anyone else would have been held in high reguards. I wan't trying to start an argument with that original comment. I just heard people talking about hitler quotes and I thought i would give my 2 cents

None of those shows are.

You're right. In my head I was contrasting them more with paragraphs and chapters or other longer form writing. A chapter can be something more than adequate but less than exceptional - well-written - where a sentence rarely is long enough for that distinction to be evinced.

I didn't communicate this clearly in my post though.

And I'd say that long and complex sentences do have space to be well-written. If a sentence is 5 lines long and still perfectly comprehensible I'd say that alone is enough to be well-written.

mein kampf is trash

That's cool, and I understand that, but that's not what you wrote. That's been my underlying point the whole time, which I thought I had made clear.

If you want to be understood, write precisely - because your ideas are agreeable once you actually explain them, but what you have written is wrong.

See I don't think those quotes were boring though. The quote about owning the children, is still regarded highly by people who hates nazis

what specifically did I write wrong, because I never once wrote that hitler was a good writer.

>I was just trying to point out that hitler had some ideas that if written by anyone else would have been held in high reguards.
And this is the point I'm arguing with. I've seen similar sentiments from other writers, and none of them have struck me as particularly poignant or insightful. Hell, a version of the fourth example can be found in "The Autobiography of Malcolm X," and I don't find it any better written by Alex Haley

>AT
Starts good turns shit
Wakfu
Starts as one of the best modern cartoons, turns shit, is redeemed in OVAs, is just another show in S3
>rick and morty
Starts Roiland turns Harmon

No you're just clutching at straws.

Lets turn it on its head.
>Bojack
Starts serious, is good; turns absurd is shit
>Orel
Starts wacky, is passable; turns serious, is one of the best modern cartoons

You're just posting spastic confirmation bias

They're boring because so many people have expressed the same basic idea. This is why I've been calling the quotes cliched.

i'm not saying that hitler was a revolutionary thinker. But you can't seriously say that if “He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future.” was written by george washington, it wouldn't be posted in every classroom in america.

if the quote was made when it still wasn't a cliche you can't call it bad on account of being a cliché, moron.

We only had 2 episodes left and they decided to waste one on fucking Beth.
Hope the final will save this shitty season

>these were written by literally hitler ()
That is what you wrote that was wrong. That was the first post I replied to, and I replied because of that comment.

I referenced here ("Hard to argue Hitler was a good writer when...") the argument over whether Hitler was a good writer, but it was not my argument. I did so because you said here that you were saying that "the quotes were good."

When I realised that was not your position I stopped referencing that argument.

Insipid is a better word than cliched. Cliches tend to be good phrases/things that are overused. Hitler's ideas aren't even good. They're not complex or new or even really sensible. Let me rephrase them in accurate but less grandiose language.
>coping with winning is easy, coping with losing is harder
Wow, a fucking revelation!
>the person who doesn't know things is ignorant
Genius! Bravo!
>if you brainwash enough children effectively enough then when they grow up they will be conditioned to do what you want them to do
A revolution in political thought!
>reading for pleasure is a waste of time
This one doesn't even need a sarcastic aside. It stands on its own as a monument to a brainlet, architect of the holocaust, which lives on as the single most despicable act in all of history as well as his only achievement of note.

>subjecting works to the past up to the standards of the future, solely to criticise.them over an internet arguement.

truly a plebeian swine

I generally think the point is valid, and I'm certain you could find examples of similar statements that actually were said by others and are held in higher esteem. I would tend to disagree with the people who thought highly of those examples on the same grounds; and I think the more interesting takeaway would be how malleable our slogans are in the hands of various politicians.

That said, I had previously addressed this idea here , but neither of us know the answer, and while I'm certain someone probably penned similar sentiments prior to 1933 (when the first abridged English translation was published), I'm not currently willing to dig through what will certainly be a colossal corpus in order to prove it. I welcome you try the endeavor, if you feel so emboldened.

of the past*

Yes, I suppose "insipid" is a better choice than "cliched."

Why don't you go back there since you love it so much?

this

>ovas
>redeemed

Everyone rightfully shits on the ovas because it's just pure dragonball powerup adhd shit without any substance or depth. I doubt that with these credentials you have any clue what is shit and what is not.

I think Adventure Time is, it's been nearly a decade

>implying hitler's ideas were any fresher in 1933 than they are today
Strongmen have always existed, and they have always spouted the same "don't think, just act, winner takes all" rhetoric to justify their callous disregard for right and wrong.

The defining feature of fascism isn't that it is a different conception of right or wrong, but rather that it rejects the validity of right and wrong. In fascism there is not right and wrong, only winner and loser.

I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

My broken digital clock is never right though

Who gives a fuck what people do? Let them wear their shitty memes on t-shirts.

always

I really do wish they toned down the nihilism, I swear I've heard this speech 3 times already.

>it's been nearly a decade

Jesus fucking christ.

no idea is fresher in any time than it is in any other time
we're humans, no thought is original, the same ideas have been had time and time again through generations.

what makes a quote good is not the idea itself, but how memorable it is

and hitler's quotes are god damn diddly memorable if i do say so myself

Worst of all it makes no sense. Rick's words contradict multiple actions he has done in the past. Mainly anytime he has legit done something for Morty and Summer.