Comics for intelligent people

Other urls found in this thread:

realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/the_most_infamous_study_on_wine_tasting.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Part of a page

I have never gotten mad at an xkcd before but this achieved it.

I don't even fucking like sport.

anuddah one

This isnt even a joke. And its an incredibly poor attempt at imitating the I.T. Crowd gag on the same thing.

which sport are ______________they______________ arguing about?

when will you post some intelligent comics?

You are like a little baby
watch this

>doesn't understand sports
>lectures other people about how they're enjoying sports wrong
Randal is a mong.

lol

>Not wanting to see obscenely muscular space marine test tube babies destroy each other on the field with tackles that send their opponents into the fucking stratosphere

Your shitty sport is already terrible, let the players juice so that it's actually fun to fucking watch.

>beta male nerds think the appeal of sports is watching big dumb meatheads hurt each other

Go to bed Randall

clever
I rate it 6,5 / 10

>What is boxing/wrestling

If you're not watching it for that, what are you watching it for? 'Athleticism'? This ain't the olympics nigga it's literally just a fucking game

This ones fine. Especialy compared to the rng one.

>>No seriously, what is boxing/wrestling, because it's obvious I don't have a clue

Ok, I thought this was a relatively fun joke beacuse it implyed that the black hair girl wanted to use nuclear weapons as fireworks.

But now I fell I missed the point.

It's basically condescending to someone who thinks that modern technology would make a computer system more efficient and telling them that they should be happy to be be a luddite despite the fact that the two things in comparison have no fucking points alike. A better OS would probably make whatever that computer does run better. Nuclear power in a firework would just cause cancer.

I don't get this at all

Why is SMBC so perfect?

Yes actually

Most HIGH IQ comic ITT

lol

This is an incredibly accurate comic though

nuh-uh

Serbia is a silent hero no one knows

Sports analysts often stretch to create narratives from limited data.

Football is basically Mandingo fighting for people who don't think they're racist.

The only problem with Randall's comic is that sports analysts don't even look at the data. They just say whatever will get the watchers more excited to watch more.

I watched NFL for the first time yesterday and I was hugely impressed by the passion, detailed technical knowledge and understanding of strategy that the announcers had.

That's a lie, baseball commentary is like 60% statistics.

Now if tou wanna say they don't ANALYZE the data, sure.

>Baseball
>In any way a sport

This made me angrier than any of the comics in the thread.

Yes yes we know, the intricate hugging rituals require years of in depth study to truly appreciate and you in no way squandered the time you spent gaining that appreciation

>Yes yes we know, the intricate hugging rituals require years of in depth study to truly appreciate and you in no way squandered the time you spent gaining that appreciation
Is user talking about wrestling or women? Vote on your phones!

I think we found an aspiring co-writer for XKCD

ok I'll bite. why is baseball not a sport.

You know we 'used' to have white folk on teams, fuck, we used to have entire teams of white folk.

I wonder how many people may think this is him beign sad because she's gone with another man.

>sports aren't incredibly high skilled competitions, involving individual talent, team tactics, and long-term training strategy
>sports is getting the softball into the point zone!
>isn't paying an extremely small labor pool a high amount of money in a billion-dollar industry silly!
I don't even watch sports and I hate this.

A thread for people who aren't evil, just smart?

The "emotional" ones are cringiest of all

Where's Hockey?

It's not a Canadian chart.

Pictures for sad children is great, though. Sure, the creator is exactly the sort of entitled asshole you'd expect, but the comic is just as disparaging of its own sad-sack outlook as it is of banal drudgery.

HEH

Oh.... he used lightspeed travel to observe the past he longed for.

>Hey, I'm sitting in a virtual Skinner Box to pretend like I'm achieving something rather than being a lazy bastard who lives vicariously through an imaginary character!
Every video game ever
>Hey, I'm wasting my time analyzing the life story of someone nonexistent, a narrative that was almost certainly written under the influence of drugs!
Every literature analyst ever

At some point, you stop 'seeing through' things until there's nothing left to look at.

I want to have the brain chips too

Oh I know. It's my favourite webcomic of all time, which s why I even have these saved. I just like posting it when I can.

Whats the point of this? We should all stop valuing everything? Nothing is better than anything else?

Wine connoisseurs are literally hacks, tho
realclearscience.com/blog/2014/08/the_most_infamous_study_on_wine_tasting.html

>Upside down sexy link stretching his hand behind his back in the bottom panel on the right side

Boner.

user we already have Pro wrestling for that.

How dors he move so fast?

Everyone north of the mason dixon line likes hockey, so basically all the civilized people

Can't we do any better than XKCD every thread? It's blatantly obvious that the comic is for STEM majors, and if you aren't part of that demographic the comic won't appeal to you.

Or are you guys still mocking him for the whole "I'm with her" comic? Because he clearly isn't one to support a climate change denier and we all know that.

This is his funniest comic

Is it time for damage control already?

You almost had me for a second

I'm a STEMfag and I hate xkcd

I was gonna agree with you but then you made the post bait after the first sentence. I feel betrayed.

But as of this weekend all athletes are entitled brats who should be fired for having opinions.

I see this a lot but I struggle to communicate my hatred for this type of person. It's the same individual who feels compelled to interject "Yeah, I didn't even watch the Superbowl." when you're just talking about with your co-workers the next day. There should be some terminology for this particular flavor of asshole.

Contrarian?

>There should be some terminology for this particular flavor of asshole.
The word is 'snob', as in anyone who can't tolerate other people having a form of fun they see as beneath them.
Like hardcore guys who sneer at casuals, or jocks who hate 'nerd stuff'.

This is the same sport that penalizes players for dancing after a touchdown. There are conduct rules.

Those skills could be better utilised elsewhere but marketing put big money to have their logo on that shirt sleeve so we had best make damn sure everyone wants to see this spectacle of dudes running around in a little square for our 'entertainment'

I think I get it, Pinky traveled to another planet in ftl overtaking the light then looked at his previous planet to see the past when Purplo was still alive. Seems longer than it needed to be and more than a little obtuse.

>its an episode where nerds get booty blasted about sports

And all the time people spend on Sup Forums could be spend better. Unfortunately this world and its inhabitants aren't creatures of pure efficiency

Sounds like a one way ticket on the vomit comet

is xkcd a dobson that pretends to be smart?

Isn't this comic telling you what to think, though?

What a crock of shit

Wow... Deep...

Maybe everybody north of the 45th parallel. But the mason dixon line? Lol nope.

Hockey, Rugby and LaCrosse are all much better examples of "warfare simulator" sports.

This betrays an unbelievable level of insecurity.