Is reading comics in public worse than playing videogames in public?

Is reading comics in public worse than playing videogames in public?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's only bad if you're ugly

There is nothing wrong with either.

Why would anyone care if you're doing either of those things if you're not obnoxious about it?

Taking photos of people in public is worse than both of the above.

This.
Back in the day you'd never catch me doing either, but as my self image improved it mattered less and less.
Now if I expect to be waiting anywhere more than 10 or 15 minutes I always bring a good comic.

THIS

Don't be a fucking creep

This goes for doing most things in public. Or just generally BEING in public.

This. I'm pretty judgemental, but I find nothing wrong with it. As long as what you're viewing isn't anything sexual.

The real crime is those fucking fedoras.

I may be a fat, unkempt, autist with no fashion sense but I would never do something like play video games or read comics in public. That would ruin my image.

Only if you have a fedora on.

That's most comics in Europe and most vidya in Japan though

1000X this

To hot and normal people it is but to ugly losers who play video games and wear shitty hats it isn't

Nobody cares either way, people are living their lives, not being your antagonists.

>That's most comics in Europe
It really isn't.

I wore a fedora in high school along with sunglasses because I was really into the Blues Brothers. I cringe when I look back on it because that was before the fedora came into power as a symbol of being an autistic beta. I just liked blues.

Did you also wear a suit?

Reminds me of those people who wore those Matrix-style black leather trenchcoats when I was in high school.

youtube.com/watch?v=f4QBRgyitFs

Guilty.
My only defence is that it was really convenient in windy cold weather.

>Is reading comics in public worse than playing videogames in public?
It is if you're reading single issues instead a trade, I mean with with trades I don't have to be extra careful with it.

Not really, but watching cartoons? Ouch.

The correct answer

>oh no, there is sexy people in my comic
fucking americans

True, OTOH even if you're not ugly watching cartoons in public would kill your social life.

no if they cant see you doin it

>would kill your social life.

Not really. If you're doing it to pass the time then you're not in a place where people socialize anyway. Like the OP pic is someone riding what seems to be public transportation, you might chit chat if something weird happens (as it tends to on public transportation) but you're not going to leave and hang out with anyone you meet there anyway.

I'd argue no for 1 reason: attention
You see, when you play a game, you use 100% of you attention. it means people have to actively get your attention if they want to ask you something or get more space. reading comics means you still have your ears and you can hear someone approaching.

>Bing Bing Bing Bing WA-HOO

I wish I could find that picture of a grown-ass man playing a kids' game boy display which is 3 feet off the ground, so he's on his knees.

I wouldn't commit to the whole suit. Usually just dress pants and the shirt, but on a few days, yeah, I did, usually because I was also in band and a lot of band events required black dress pants with a white dress shirt.

That was starting to get popular, too. I actually wore a standard tan trench coat for a while when I was in middle school, just because I got it as a hand-me-down from my grandpa and thought it was totally awesome. Then in High School, Columbine happened and trench coats got banned.

I loved having my trench coat in the rain. It was treated so water just beaded up and rolled off, and it kept my pants dry as well. Also great when waiting for the bus in winter because it had an insulated lining I could put in it.

>look over
>see this
What do?

Sit in silence because I laugh at people behind their backs and online but I would never say anything to their face

Fpbp.

Is it me or does Sup Forums act like it's still in middle school

>I can't read comic books in public! People will think I'm a NERD!

Why the fuck do you guys constantly go back and forth between thinking the entire general public is retarded and being terrified of what complete strangers with no bearing on your life think of you

If sitting on a bean bag chair in the park in your Pj's with a crate of comics makes you happy then fuck it

I think it is the young people still in high school or college who don't realize that no one pays attention to what other people are doing because they're just as busy on their own shit.

I used to have an old army wool trenchcoat. If I found one in a thrift store again I would immediately buy it cause those things are amazingly warm and cool. And they are army jackets, not some wanna be matrix jacket

>talking to people on public transportation
Are you from some horrifying mirror universe?

Unfortunately that's most of the current userbase here.

So 60 years ago? People have been dissing fedoras snce the 70's.

Why is Sup Forums now full of filthy normalfags who still care about their social status?

Chastise him for his shit taste.

Because we're tired of not having any friends?
I mean yeah, it's pretty shitty you have to conform so much just to have a social life, but...

This

Who gives a fuck? Guy on OP's pic is more deserving of respect than all you betacucks who give a fuck about looking weird in public.

>college
The college kids don't even care anymore, shit if you're near a campus bring an extra bean bag and you'll make friends all fucking day

That would fuck up my beanbag.

No, no you fucking don't that's the whole point here. Conforming to have a social life just gets you a bunch of shallow people you have nothing in common with and no interest in and who likewise don't give a shit about you. Just be your fucking self already.

Kek

>5 people got together and agreed this was a good idea

Trenchcoats are generally fine, the problem lies with leather trenchcoats.

haha yeah liking things is gay lol ahahaha sitting and staring into space on the bus for the sole purpose of satiating normies who supposedly give a fuck about what others are quietly doing on the bus (fun fact; they don't unless you're fucking masturbating or murmuring to yourself) and needlessly making myself feel insecure about my interests is awesome hahahaha

Internet media outlets have giving it exposure, from chanology to the fappening to gamergate to pepe
Increases emphasis on normie-accessible topics and removal of controversial ones
Word of mouth making it the edgy counter culture clubhouse everyone wants to be a part of or at least check out

Sup Forums was never good, but now it's both not good and hugely bloated.

This, they're all on their phones looking at stupid shit anyway.

Nigga I use pic related for a 45min commute and I love every second of it

But yeah I'd read some Image or webcomics from time to time also

Second hand store so it costs less or make one yourself out of a tougher material, hell you could add some semi-rigid material to get the best shape possible or even a cup holder or bong pouch

Fucking bean throne mah nigga.

I used to have a ps3 controller on a custom bracket for my phone so I could turn it into a handheld and emulate PS1 games in public. Do you and actually put some effort into it and more people will be impressed than you think

Fucking Walmart satyrs

I can only imagine how much of a loser people who take random photos of other losers in public are, just so they'll feel like less of a loser

On your phone or something? No gaming is way worse.

An actual PHYSICAL comicbook? Cringe/10

I doubt that's still true.

Could be worse, at least they are not using them as excuse to take pictures of themselves like women do

What exactly is cringe about reading a comic book?

I'm kind of impressed he manages to go around like that on his matchstick calves.

the rise in popularity of /r9k/ and the false superiority complex it gave other users for only being slightly less retarded than your average robot but still very socially inept, people from Sup Forums visiting reddit and realizing how similar they are to redditors behaviorally or how similar they were a few years ago and developing the same sort of dumb superiority complex, the whole "le sweaty neckbeard in mom's basement xD" shit becoming a meme/go to insult for even more betas with superiority complexes on Normiebook and other shit sites, underages, also the massive influx of newfags due to exposure like said.

Nice PC speech you got there, but in the real world guys who do that tend to be friendless.

That's a neat accessory. Touch screens suck for gaming.

Yeah cause you're such an authority on that, that's why you're here instead of doing literally anything else

I'm bored at work what's your excuse

What is public?

That shit is great, i can testify that people love it and will ask you about it.

You cared enough to go to a little comic store or buy it online, you obviously planning on reading it more than once because you bought it, you're displaying the colorful capeshit rag for all to see.

On your phone? Discreet, on a whim, probably a classic.

Physical copy? Lack of social awareness, preplanned, probably shit.

I think that's his point.

This my bean throne. Omni for scale. We have three of these giant fuckers in the house.

Only if in being themselves they reveal the fact that they're irredeemable shitheads

So welcome home fuckass

I'm not claiming to be an authority on anything here, if anything I would strongly prefer for it to be the opposite (obviously)! Just saying what I've noticed.

Things I've seen people do on public transportation:

-Clip their toenails
-All their makeup
-Eat a full breakfast
-Make out
-Listen to loud music with no headphones
-Take naps spread out across several seats
-Have full-volume conversations on speaker phone
-Let their kids run around
-Smell like literal shit

If you're quietly reading a comic or playing video games, not only will nobody care, nobody will even notice you.

This.

at least he got a gf

Why do you care so much about people reading a comic book in public, user?

>Sup Forums again trying to judge people for honestly doing their hobbies in public when they're such shut-ins they don't even know about how society works nowadays.

It would be even more hilarious if it wasn't for the fact this thread isn't even on topic.

Fuck off.

>overthinking and analyzing shit to this level
You spend a lot of time alone, don't you?

>you obviously planning on reading it more than once because you bought it
So?
> you're displaying the colorful capeshit rag for all to see
So?
> preplanned
So?

What is wrong with any of that? Bringing a novel or magazine on the bus is purchased and preplanned too.

ok, so it's an ugly guy. who cares?

I don't really care, i'm just letting you know why people will take pictures or laugh at you.

This. /thread.

/every one of these stupid fucking threads, ever.

None of these guys are even doing anything aside from having shit fashion taste, you underage fucks do realize that malls and buses are boring as fuck, right? Even for normies?

The guy in the last one is no different to that one middle aged dad in every department store sitting in a chair, staring at the floor and internally hating his wife for making him sit there for hours while she buys useless shit. This guy is smarter than that middle aged dad though, that middle aged dad wishes he'd thought of bringing a fucking game to the stupid department store he's in. Most people do. They're fucking boring as fuck and this hyper-insecure high schooler normie mentality ITT is the real laughable thing here. Grow the fuck up.

Yeah, but... comics are for fucking nerds. People doing those other things may be annoying or inconsiderate, but at least they aren't FUCKING NERDS.

If you don't care you don't care, just telling you what people will be thinking.

Novels and Magazines (aside from enquirer) are more respected.

The idea is that usually when that happens it's because there are other things at play than just "just be yourself is a lie." consider the qualities of your "average" 4channer and yeah just being yourself isn't going to win 'you' any fans because 'you' drank the Sup Forums kool-aid and it's fucking with 'your' ability to have a healthy social life

It's not the world, it really is (You)

>just telling you what people will be thinking
You really think people care if you have the latest issue of Batman on the bus?

But the fact you have to let us know means you want us to care about what other people are thinking and thus you care about what we are doing and how we are perceived. Hence why you're here. If you didn't care you wouldn't be here. You need to make sure people understand that they must be humiliated if they dare to play a vidya or read a comic in public but people playing candy crush are fine because its in a phone. I think you honestly have a form of autism were you are trigger by people enjoying their hobbies in public aside from their iphones.

I don't see any solutions being proposed in this post.

About as much if you're playing pokemon.

But bust out LITERALLY anything else and you're in Love+ territory

You wouldn't be in this thread unless you wanted to discuss this topic, I was interested in mining salt but I ended up weighing in.

It sounds like I touched a nerve.

Not the weirdest thing I've seen in a Walmart.