Who is the tomoko of Sup Forums?

Who is the tomoko of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

western animators haven't begun to understand that level of autism yet user

give it time

It would be Tina from Bob's Burgers if she wasn't ugly. But I don't if there are any Sup Forums girls that are unfashionable, disheveled, and somewhat unhygienic, but still cute. I'd sure like to know if there are, though.

Ronnie

Tomoko isn't cute in-universe, is she?

>It would be Tina from Bob's Burgers if she wasn't ugly
Tina isn't ugly, in universe she's veiwed as pretty cute.

Fuck no, she's uglier and smellier in the Manga.

Issues 15-16/possible past Gwen Poole, along with being a NEET.

It's been awhile since I read the manga, but I don't recall anyone in the anime thinking she was ugly. It's more that people are put off by lack of social graces (i.e. body odor, horrible fashion sense, tries so hard to look pretty that she ends up looking like a freak, etc.). If I subscribed to the view that all anons are lonely losers who can't get laid, I'd say that she was literally /ourgirl/.

I think she is suppouse to be average, just to un hygienic and ackward to fuction is society.

What the fuck is a tomoko?

The whole tomoko smells bad is just a meme, she bathes even in the manga

A cute anime girl version of a neckbeard.

She's still cute in a way. I don't think anyone ever calls her ugly, not even her younger brother.

That one "Sqweee *glomps you*" yaoi fangirl that wore dark unappealing clothing and sat in the back of the classroom you met at a convention/Gaia Online that one time but made looking a bit cuter.

Can't think of any show where a character is socially awkward to a fault and not used as a "haha I'm so weird and quirky XD" trope.

>pretty
>clean
>opportunities
>family has money

FUCK OFF not only she's not like tomoko but she straight up has all of her skill points spent on HUMAN PARASITE

Mung Daal.

Tomoko isn't even considered ugly in canon and she canon bathes regularly. Very low self esteem and constantly breaking herself down is what makes her tomoko.

Gwen.
She has no social life, all her friends are gone, she fights with her parents and spends 16 hours a day sitting in her room playing vidya, only ever leaving the house to buy comics (while lying to her parents, saying she's going to look for a job).

Except it's not played for laughs, it's just kind of sad.

>Tomoko isn't even considered ugly in canon and she canon bathes regularly.
This. She's at worst average looking, just always a little frazzled from staying up all night playing eroges. Her social awkwardness is what gets her in trouble every time.

>>family has money
I'm pretty sure Tomoko's family has money.
They seem pretty well off.

Fuck, I knew someone like that in middle school. She was a new girl who got picked on relentlessly and since I was also kind of bullied in too I tried to befriend her so she'd adjust more normally. Lots of "no, don't touch that" and "don't say that, it's kinda weird". Ended up regretting it because I lost a friend over it. She had a crush on said friend and used me to find out where he lived. She was caught peeping through his windows and taking candid shots of him. He found out I was the one she followed and lost his shit at me. Her parents moved three months later because the kids at school found out where she lived and kept going to her house to harass her.

Roast Beef, from Achewood.

yeah but it doesn't matter yet for tomoko since she's still in high-school.

I think I'm in love

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

The book is actually, genuinely good. Check it out.

Is this anime any good?
I've only read those hyper futa scat doujinshi of her

Will do, thanks!

There is Birch from My Life Me if that one counts.

The anime is said to be fairly good, but the anime tends to get shitposted on Sup Forums because Sup Forums and /r9k/ like it

It has a good OP if you like your ears bleeding.

Fucking Radiohead. I just wanted more incest and snuff doujins

I remember the manga being so good that I bought 7 copies of the first collected book imported straight from Japan because it seemed like Square was winding up to cancel it really early and there was a huge push to save it.
I remember being hyped for the anime, but just didn't watch it. The first couple episodes were just competent takes on a handful of chapters from the manga. It almost seems to work better being read, rather than watched.

Ronnie has a much easier time with social interaction than Tomoko. He goes on dates and stuff, while she'd just look up the word "date" in the dictionary and masturbate to it.

>while she'd just look up the word "date" in the dictionary and masturbate to it.

That sounds like a good idea.

That's our Ronnie!

Blu-ray dubs are great, tho

give them a try

Fucked up the power pack symbols in the second panel

in-universe means bullshit. I could say Eliza Thorn berry is cute in cannon and some random anime chick is ugly yet it does not makes it true.

Tomo/co/

It basically means that if you blue scadooed into the story she'd look completely different.

It has implications for how other characters react to them and what their daily life is like.
Tomoko doesn't have bullies or ugly genes, the point of the series is how it's very much her own fault she's not popular.

Pic related.

Bonus for also having a normalfag younger brother and a couple of yuri options

>Ronnie has a much easier time with social interaction than Tomoko.

She's getting better in the manga. She even has friends now.

That doesn't matter when American cartoons go out of their way to make everyone look fugly.

And an admirer

And one of her bishie classmates caught her staring at dick picks in class and it's hinted that he has a crush on her.

I haven't even watched Daria or Beavis and the Butthead, but Daria maybe?

>opportunities

The best she could do was a small job at a theater.

There are some similarities because they are both outsiders and both judge other people. But Daria is smarter and more articulate and her world is full of assholes and idiots, basically we're supposed to be on her side 90% of the time although there are episodes where she gets called out on it and has to face who she is. She is also way more confident in social situations and is not really awkward at all. Whereas Watamote is upfront with how Tomoko thinks she's smarter and better than people but she's just a loser bitch. It is kind of like how Daria would work in the real world. I say this as a fan of both Daria and Watamote. I think when I was in high school there were a lot of outsider type people who had no filter and were assholes to everyone and I think they idolized Daria or got the idea from Daria. But looking back on it they were Tomokos.

>saying that anime is good
That's what landed you on that mental health institution, Ronnie!

Remider for those who aren't reading the manga that Tomoko has friends and is somewhat popular now.

This is why memesters and anime only faggots are considered to be cancer

Who is the Bojack Horseman of Sup Forums?

That top left panel is a image reaction just waiting to happen.

Bobby Hill is the chosen one

Emote chan is in serious denial on having a thing for her

lol this

I need more so I decided to make it happen

This

She eats together with a fellow introvert (who just happens to be well adjusted), and her friend (which Tomoko mistook as a lesbian after misunderstandings)

She has a weird relationship with the school delinquent (Tomoko does something stupid to her and gets beaten up for it)

A truce with a closet otaku

And an actual lesbian stalker

>the point of the series is how it's very much her own fault she's not popular.

Actually no matter how i look at it, its you guys fault shes not popular