Been reading Superman Rebirth and it's been pretty good so far until Doomsday showed up...

Been reading Superman Rebirth and it's been pretty good so far until Doomsday showed up. WHY IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK IS SUPERDAD HAVING TROUBLE WITH DOOMSDAY!?!? Superdad was weak as fuck when he first fought doomsday and has drastically powered up since that fight. He has held black holes, survived supernovas and fought things that make doomsday look like a puppy. Is this doomsday punching harder than a supernova? Is Superdad all of a sudden weaker than Superbro? Don't tell me Superdad is now post crisis weak again?

Yeah I agree. That whole arc is fucking garbage and is just a cheap nostalgia grab attempt.

Yeah, they really nerfed SuperDad pre fusion, he was getting his ass kicked by everyone.

>WHY IN THE EVER LOVING FUCK IS SUPERDAD HAVING TROUBLE WITH DOOMSDAY!?!?
Because that's Doomsday's whole schtick?

because shitting on superman is edgy and cool

Doomsday is powerful and upgrades,

>pre fusion
Please explain

read superman reborn

Glad I stopped reading DC comics after Flashpoint

He's only half a superman.

I know this is a boring and lame arc anyway that's pretty much just there to set up Lex's characterization, but this seems like an odd thing to complain about. Superman's power level has always fluctuated with the needs of the story. Superman can't shrug off blows from anybody with super strength. Notice that while he's getting thrown around the city, he's not getting seriously hurt like in Death of Superman. IIRC he even comments on it at some point, saying he's just tanking the blows because he's mostly trying to just protect people and minimize damage.

And besides, Superman is in the middle of Metropolis, he's not gonna hit Doomsday with a fucking reality tearing punch.

You powerlevel shitter are the worst.

People don't level up or down like in video games. Their strength goes up or down depending on the situation or the context they are in. Their psychological issues can cause great change to their physicality or their ability to fight properly.
People are not machines, superhero or not.

Basically, Superman's strength always lays wherever the scene needs it to.
So if you need a dramatic moment of struggle, a puppy can toss him around, but if you need a dramatic example of strength, he can move the sun with no issues at all. And that's the problem.

Kryptonite was I produced as a weakness in order to introduce stakes of some kind to superman stories. But modern writers think that's gay and just ignore any and all logic and do whatever they want like rabid faggots at a sausage festival.

You guys are retarded. So I guess I shouldnt be able to fuck up my parents poodle since it bit the fuck out of me when I was a kid? Fuck off with that retarded argument.

Hey man he won in the end. Its 10 time worst in the shonens.
The only thing that bothered me is :
-First time doom makes his apparence on earth (and it wasn't that big).
-The justice league doesn't give a fuck about the new superman and they treat him like they always did (theres no arc about superman gaining the trust of the justice league).

How is it worst in shounens?

>theres no arc about superman gaining the trust of the justice league)

That would require better writers on both Superman books and Justice League

>why is superman having trouble fighting a villain he constantly faces and has been shown numerous times having difficulty fighting?

It's even shown in this comic that he was smarter and stronger than before and Superdad was mostly preoccupied keeping people safe and making sure his son wasn't detected.

>treat him like they always did

What? The start of Trinity was entirely about Diana and Bruce meeting Clark on his farm because they had questions and didn't trust him. Batman was pretty much NOT MUH SUPERMAN until the merger. There's even an issue of JL that was entirely about trust and accepting the new Superman (and calling out Batman). It was the issue they were trapped under some massive wreckage after some massive fight.

Yeah way back in the eighties when superman could barely survive a nuke dumbass clownposter.

>is just a cheap nostalgia grab attempt

Many of the early Rebirth arcs on Action really reflect Jurgens tied sensibilities and Berganza's attachment to the 1980s/1990s and excessive 'event' style drama.

>SuperDad pre fusion

But some of it is this ^ and some of it is also explained in the Superman Annual with Swamp Thing, although I suspect all of this will not really be followed up going forward and we won't really get an accurate answer other than Jurgens lazy and sloppy writing, Berganza's shitty editorial mandates and plot contrivances to make those two "work"

>ITT: People unironically care about Superman
ha ha

Doomsday's entire gimmick is adapting to keep pace with Superman.

And wanting Superman to outclass all his villains by so much is frankly retarded.

>jurgens

its shit

>You guys are retarded. So I guess I shouldnt be able to fuck up my parents poodle since it bit the fuck out of me when I was a kid? Fuck off with that retarded argument.

Doomsday get's killed by something and when he returns he comesback while also being invincible against the thing that killed him

The weird thing about that arc was it implied Superman never died in the New 52, when he actually did and it was mentioned in like Action Comics 13.

Basically after some shenannigans with Mxyzptlk pre New 52 and New 52 Supermen got their realities fused together so it's essentially the same man who lived both lives.

Sorry if i'm late but is there a list of the "canon" things that the reboot of dc comics changed?
If i understand correctly, every super heroes except flash and superman were affected by rebirth.

This doomsday isn't the same one that killed Superdad.

Everything for Batman, Superman and Green Lantern happened or happened with some minor tweaks. I think everything happened for Wondy too but most of it was "lies," whatever that means.

The Flash erased his family and friends and rebooted his nephew as a black kid.

Aquaman got rid of some elements to his origin like Mera's not an alien and Aquaman never has kids.

JLA happened but not JLI, and the New Teen Titans were never a thing but Dick still banged Starfire.

Thats about eveything I cared about.