Did a women write the newest episode?

It reeks of their men hating agenda and alpha male/woman praise.

>admit ur sexist
>admit ur beta
>admit ur racist
yaaaasss queen slay

Is that way, bye bye now

>I'm I a psycho
>No, you're smart

This line wreaks of shit.

>"Once there was a waaaaaaay to get back homeward...once there was a way to get back hoooooome

>woman praise
>A-plot is all about how fucked up Beth is

>Which then ends with her praising it and the a-plot completely breaking down Jerry's character development from his previous episode and making him OOC just to bash him

>Beth went from having crippling abandonment issues to being literally too intelligent for a normal life

If a woman didn't write it, Dan certainly did.

Rick's also fucked up and the show deifies him, so

>men hating agenda and alpha male/woman praise.
so they hate men, but at the same time praise alpha men?
do you even read what you write user?

i thought tumblr was accepting of other people

Thats exactly what rick would say about himself. It's totally in character

she is fucked up in a really cool and dangerous way
plot a was about making beth badass

Fuck off back to Tumblr hoe

>Praising alphas while also stating all men are awful
No, from what I've seen women tend to do that.

What kind of women do you go with? Ayn Rand?

>fine cognac

>Woman praise
>Episode is about Beth backing down and gushing about how great Rick is
Mary Sue fellatio is this episode's bigger problem.

Sup Forums is worse than tumblr and reddit combined. We started out with a degree of rebellion, intelligence, and pushing the fringes of society; but we became so cliche and overused by our own use that we turned ourselves into a running gag. We're the worst meme of all and there's no going back.

How about you suck me off, bitch.

We don't make memes
We ARE memes

>the show's biggest problem

I wanted to drop this episode, but Rick's talk with Beth in the garage after visit in Froopyland made me continue watching till the end. Yes, they are feminists and male chauvinists, still there there are no tools in our culture to talk about the subject other that conservative, right-wing agenda.

Stop projecting yourself on Jerry.

>We started out with a degree of rebellion, intelligence, and pushing the fringes of society
No.
Fuck off back where you belong.

go home Sup Forums. You don't even watch this show.

>projecting yourself onto a ridiculed and unloved loser of a character for nothing other than being a white male
Of all the pathetic things Sup Forums could do, this is probably at the top of the list

Sup Forums is still unironically the best place to have a discussion.

On Sup Forums, where one must lurk more than post, the only value you have is what you are saying at that very moment. Reddit allows people to coast, in a minor fashion, on having said something before that was popular. On the far end of this scale, we have Tumblr, in which the value of what you say is tied directly to the preexistence of people who give a shit about either you or what you are saying. It can very accurately be denigrated as a hugbox because one can rely on seeing what one wants to, rather than EVERYTHING, as it is on Sup Forums.

>we
Sup Forums is not a community.
moot made this as a Something Awful meme. Sup Forums is literally "epic meme xD"

This line was really out of place

Rick is apparently too liberal for them apparently.

Yea, that was really abnormal.

But Jerry really was a clost racist and sexist. He constantly insinuated her blue skin and alien looking head shape, plus he played with her feelings just to make his ex-wife notice him.
And he's beta to the bone

So being a psycopath is okay when you're a woman but trying to date someone after your wife screwed you over makes you a sexist, racist, evil, beta male with an agenda? Are Dan and them ruining Rick and Morty?

Never let a women in your projects.

So Dan clearly started this thread, but why has it gotten so many replies?

Why are people wondering if this episodes writing was written by a woman because it was hamfisted and weird? The writing in this show is literally always hamfisted and weird

How was that racist or sexist? All he did from what I saw was notice her differences from humans.

Sure he didn't like her blue skin or head, but he liked her titties and vaginas and found her body to be hot. I'd say he was in a butterface predicament rather than being a racist.

>racist sexist beta male

It's funny, these liberated hardcore feminists who base their entire identity around their sociopolitical beliefs claim to want a world where men are all neutered, respectful fuckdolls who treat all women regardless of looks and personality as princesses and/or equals, yet are always extremely critical towards the very beta males who feed in to their rhetoric to the point where one might believe they're disgusted by them.

Yes, absolutely. Roiland seems to be on the level, I wonder what's his take on this.

This website has rotted your faggot brain.

I have to admit, I am getting a bit sick of the show trying to sell me on mild sexism and male shallowness being unforgiveable crimes punishable by mutation or constant verbal disparagement while also expecting me to sympathise with and forgive literal murdering sociopaths because they have da fee fees.

>"If you hate our awful writers you're a sexist neckbeard and I loathe you!"

>Who gives a shit about someone's agenda, they said
>It's not going to affect their work, they said

Welp. I hope this doesn't end up with a bunch of "Let's really deliberately drive those sexist neckbeards nuts" decision on Season 4.

Not really. I'll be damned if I'm going to be a submissive beta male. I'm no genius, but I'm certainly smart enough to realise that women say one thing but feel another.

>Everyone who disagrees with me is from Sup Forums

It was written by a guy that has been in the show since season 1. But sure, it says things you disagree with so it was written by women.

I may not be a Sup Forums level autist, but that "wait..." there implies that she's being facetious.

yes, it's the fact that he slept with someone else after his divorce that made him all those things.
Not his inability to own up to his own shortcomings,
self admitted desire to only fuck her with a bag over her head and wig on
or the point where he told her ALL those things but then said "But my kids said that not me."

By saying "the repressive days are over!" then ending it in a "wait", it means she's saying the repressive days are not over.

But the alien ALSO did those things. He was the alien's rebound. Why is he just getting called out on it?

I wouldn't say it was one of the best, but I think it was pretty good compared to that wave of shit from the beginning of the season (E1 not included)

If this one was one of the diversity hires, good for them. They finally managed to not be shit, if even just for one episode.

No, the Alien only tried to rebound on her boyfriend.
She never said a whole lot of racist shit about humans, refused to confess her true feelings (to jerry) and then tried to blame it on her children when she finally did confess.

You'd probably know that if you watched the show instead of just listening for words to get triggered on.

Honestly, I thought this episode was pretty mediocre. Messages aside, most of the jokes fell flat for me. Rick and Beth immediately figuring out what was going on and commenting on it the entire time they were going through their adventure felt more salf-gratifying than it did funny. It was the kind of meta joke where the joke is just that the writer thinks they're intelligent and witty for looking fun at tropes. The dialogue felt forced and clunky at points, the plot structure itself was pretty lackluster and full of telling without actually showing and it all wrapped up predictably with a shallow attempt to elicit some kind of cheap emotional response by suddenly becoming serious at the last possible second.

That being said, I did get a chuckle out of Beth's box of childhood toys, even if the bit did overstay its welcome.

You just have to accept that Summer is a shit and worst character.

>She never said a whole lot of racist shit about humans
She generalized them at the end of the episode as selfish, lazy, despicable, etc. It'd be no different than if I said, "I should've expected nothing better than from a lazy Mexican".

>refused to confess her true feelings
She was only using him to get back at her boyfriend who was on the planet.

>then tried to blame it on her children when she finally did confess.
She used hunting the varick alien species as a reason for why she was on the planet when that was also a lie. She also tried to murder Summer and Morty as an "excuse" to stay together with Jerry so she can keep making her boyfriend jealous.

She literally did the exact same thing as Jerry but reverse.

When will these threads stop

No, this episode was written by Mike McMahan, who's been on staff for years, Sup Forums.

I really liked Summer more when she was freaked out by Rick's antics like in the first episode screaming over the kid who broke into ice, or the mantis monsters breaking into her house, or the KEEP SUMMER SAFE episode.

Having EVERYONE be adjusted to Rick's antics, act apathetic, and even act just like Rick is just so fucking boring. I want individual characters, I don't want "Rick & Morty, starring Rick, Rick, Rick, Rick, and Jerry!".

Yeah, I don't know if I'd put it on the side of the bad episodes or the good episodes, but I definitely think it was better than the Mad Max, Pickle Rick, and Vindicators episodes. At most I'd probably put it on the same level as Vindicators, and I think it's pretty comparable since they made a lot of the same mistakes (really good concept ruined by petty character shit)

It's a fucking cartoon, you guys are literally indistinguishable from reddit now

>People browse two, sometimes even three, websites at once!

Sup Forums is not a super secret club anymore, user. 90% of the people on this board alone also go on Reddit and Tumblr. They also go on Facebook, Imgur, Twitter, and Instagram. That isn't an insult, it's just a fact.

How is she cool? The people she "fights" are all some fuzzy colorful Muppets with the minds of children. She's using a super knife someone else gave her. It's not like she's taking on any "worthy opponents." Presumably her family fell apart because she is just a psychopath.

If the agenda of feminists was to write the one truly prominent woman in the entire show's run as an indefensibly stubborn and unlikable cunt- and the ancillary foil in Jerry's arc as a flake and a hypocrite- then they succeeded spot-on in what they were trying to accomplish.

This really is projection, OP. The episode was solid. We finally saw direct, incontrovertible proof that Beth is truly her father's child, warts and all, and she had to accept that about herself in this episode.

>It's a Sup Forums can't take a joke episode

That line was just a joke, retard. The episode went out of its way to show that the alien woman Jerry dated was equally as bad as Jerry, and also that Beth was a dangerous lunatic. Jerry wasn't the bad guy there.

>She generalized them at the end of the episode as selfish, lazy, despicable, etc.
I honestly don't remember her saying that, but if she did it was most likely out of a place of anger after Jerry dumped her. but even if it wasn't and she is a huge closet racist, she's not getting an imaginary pass like you seem to believe.
>She was only using him to get back at her boyfriend who was on the planet.
not the same thing at all.
>She used hunting the varick alien species...
not the same thing.
Maybe if she was like "I have to stop fucking you because of the varick alien species..." but she didn't.

lets be real though user, it doesn't mater what I say, you'll still make some logic jump and list a bunch of things not relevant to the topic to justify it.

>Admit you're a closet racist and a beta male sexist.
Wait, what did he do that was sexist?
The female writers (who haven't ruined the show but have contributed some real groaner moments, like Morty whiteknighting for Summer and disfiguring a guy and the psychiatrist being a writer stand in)

They're clearly ruining Summer (who was intended at the start to be a basic bitch) as the "females apparently need constant encouragement and empowerment" mouthpiece.
When are people going to realise that whining every time someone of their race/gender is represented but isn't perfect REEKS of insecurity.

when the mods start doing their jobs and pruning spam.
Or when they start letting shows have a general and enforcing it so there's not 20 threads on the same topic.

so never.

It gets written by the room and passed off to the credited writer to finish the script.

Beth is allowed to be flawed because she's smart. Season 1 Summer was a moron but the writers "fixed her".

>So being a psycopath is okay when you're a woman

Since when is Rick a woman?

>go on tumblr after the episode airs
>one of the most popular posts ATM is this nearly word for word unironically

Really? I mean, fucking really? Is Tumblr seriously this easily appealed to? Rick's far more sexist and said "retard" and Tumblr doesn't care but everyone keeps jumping on the Jerry hate bandwagon, a character who's never done anything whateverist? Is Jerry really just that easy to hate?

>all these bitter jerry self-inserters

And yet you same faggots probably shit yourselves laughing when Reddit got bashed

Also Justin if you're in here, go the fuck to sleep and wake up with better bait

>worst episode of the entire series
>written and directed by men
sexists BTFO.

The problem isn't R&M's female writers! It's all the writers period!

The problem isn't the Jerry plot (it was also bad but not offensively so)

The problem is Rick's little speech in the end about being smart sounded like a fedora'd neckbeard being euphoric at his own intelligence

It's exactly that, and you're not suppose to relate to it. Rick and Beth are unwilling to change, and I thought the therapy episode made that clear. They're shitty people unhealthily coping and the reddit-tier fanbase relates to it rather than disapproves.

who wants to bet they'll try making this into either youtube viral BS or irl viral BS

>force your friends to belittle themselves
>act surprised when you no longer have friends

she has weapons, she kills half humans half cartoon creatures and she may have bailed on her family for space adventures
how is that not cool other than piss poor writing?

I like how not liking a grotesquely inhuman characteristic makes you racist now.
Do they know giant headed blue aliens are not a race? It's just uncanny valley effect for fuck's sake.
Also I don't even get what he did that was sexist other than possibly enjoying three boobs and two vaginas a bit too openly.

>beta-male sexist
>unironically being sexist towards men while acussing a man of beiing sexist
we live in a fucking amazing world

>one of the most popular posts ATM
That's a funny way of saying "I scanned through tumblr until i found a post that offended me."

Please stop pretending you give a shit and aren't doing anything other than stirring things up for you're pretend culture war while hiding behind " your tumblr/shrill" shield and hipster shit.

Sorry your hug space website got closed down recently, lol.

Summer stills comes across as a snotty bitch in every episode, so if their intent is to change that, they are failing spectacularly.As they themselves had Morty say "no one cares if you're right if you're an asshole'. So summer being "right" doesn't matter as long as she keeps being a smug, tech addicted Gen Z cunt.
Combine that with the fact that the other main female character is basically a sociopath, and I'm not sure what great blows were struck for feminism in this snarky cartoon.

Go whine about this shit on Sup Forums

I think now she's unintenntionally immature instead of the old intentionally dumb Summer, which is fucking hilarious.

>I honestly don't remember her saying that
Then you honestly need to rewatch the episode.

>not the same thing at all.
Literally exactly the same thing. Jerry was dating an alien chick to get Beth's attention, the alien chick was dating Jerry to get her ex-boyfriend's attention.

>not the same thing.
Again, it is. It was a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie, doesn't matter if you're lying about different things.

Not the same user, but I totally see where he's coming from. Why are you white-knighting the alien chick so hard? Because she has three tits and two pussies? That's fucking sexist, man.

>It's exactly that, and you're not suppose to relate to it.
Well, the show does a fucking terrible job presenting it.

Jerry has faults and the entire universe shit on him and the show presents him in a negative light and his problems as karmic punishment (not entirely fairly IMO, but that's a different issue). Rick (and now Beth) has faults, and he always wins, and the show presents him in a positive light and all his accomplishments are presented as justified, even if the justification is DUDE NOTHING MATTERS LMAO.

You can't have it both ways but still claim that we AREN'T supposed to sympathize/adore Rick. It was fine in the first seasons because it was just Rick always winning even (and especially when) he acts like an asshole, so you know it's not supposed to be taken seriously.
But now when Jerry does something wrong, the plot breaks to a halt for every character to explain how terrible he is and why his behavior is bad, while Rick gets scot free. The only reasonable way to interpret this is that Rick gets scot free because he does nothing wrong.
I don't care if it's supposed to be ironic or deep or whatever, it just doesn't work. You are merely projecting your own moral interpretation (which I agree with) and assuming that on some hidden level that is what the creators want you to think.
It's like saying "Triumph of the Will" is an anti-Nazi movie because it shows the crazy cult of personality Hitler had. Just because we are able to reach that understanding from the film, doesn't mean that it was the intended message.

Jerry told an alien murderer his kids were to blame for their breakup. he might as well have taken a hit out on them, all because he's too spineless a weasel to tell someone "I'm just not that into you any more".
Rick's analysis of Jerry being a passive aggressive user is 100% spot on. Beth being a violent sociopath changes nothing in that regard.

To be fair we don't know if she said any raycis shit about Jerry. At the end we can see she was prejudiced towards humans and she might shit on them offscreen.

The show ran on comedic sociopathy. Everyone had it to an extent, but no one as much as Rick. They found that calling it out and examining it was a good source of material. Go bitch about the fact that a character's shittiness as a person actually getting examined somewhere else.

Well, that's where the women writers come in. They just crank out self inserts or craft politically correct virtue signals for characters.
90% of female writers in fiction of any kind can be described as either narcissists or propagandists.

I don't understand why he just didn't tell her he couldn't keep hunting any more or something. Humans are slow and weak, she'd have bought it.

Because he's a coward. His cosmic moment/eternity of revelatory mind tripping has, sadly, done nothing to make him even slightly a better person.
because fuck that beta male closet racist, right? my dad never got any ebtter when he left me and my mom reeeeeeeeeeeeee...t.female writer
I dunno, I think this show works better when you just assume everyone in the familiy is a horrible monster with flashes of humanity, like post season 10 Simpsons, or Family Guy.

Fuck that got me, I had a whole huge post typed up before i realized it was just bait.

>The problem is Rick's little speech in the end about being smart sounded like a fedora'd neckbeard being euphoric at his own intelligence

missing the point, he said that his smarts made him suffer too

Rick (and arguably Beth) gets away with this shit because he's so smart. He can fix any of his own problems by just inventing something, while Jerry pushed his problems onto his own kids and almost got them killed.
Yeah, that still makes Rick a piece of shit, but I still think it makes him better than Jerry

Jerry is a rather weak human while Rick is a fucking Mary Sue, Rick has no excuse for being so shitty.

Which is sad because they're probably capable of making good shows if they detached themselves from the work and had nothing to prove, like most male writers.