WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: The Flash

>Season 1 was based on a feature film script drafted by Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim that was scrapped after the box office failure of 2011's GREEN LANTERN.

>In early stages, Barry would use "Flash Time" to slow down time and analyze his enemies' weaknesses in order to neutralize them, but this was scrapped because it broke the pacing of the fight scenes.

>In early stages, Iris would be a psychology student interning at Central City Police Department and studying to be a criminal profiler.

>In early stages, Joe would be a much stricter figure who dismisses Barry's investigations into supernatural occurances and would be killed by Weather Wizard in the pilot episode.

>In early stages, Caitlin's dead fiance would've been Kyle Nimbus, who'd later return as The Mist. She'd also become romantically involved with Barry.

>In early stages, Eddie was a much more unsympathetic character, an arrogant glory hound who'd often take credit for the Flash's achievements.

>A large subplot concerning the secret behind Eddie's transfer from Keystone City was scrapped. It would've been revealed that he accidentally shot his previous partner and covered up his involvement to protect his career.

>In early stages, Hartley Rathaway would've been part of the S.T.A.R. Labs crew and the team's "lovable asshole" before eventually turning to crime.

>In early stages, Captain Cold would've been a meta-human.

>In early stages, Solovar and Nmandi would've been featured as gorillas affected by the particle accelerator explosion alongside Grodd.

I stopped watching after season 2, got bored of the constant shitty drama I think they could have made it a much more interesting show if each episode was 30 mins long so you could have 2 episodes in 1, if that makes sense.
Sad to see that alot of that drama could have been scrapped if they removed Joe and if iris was always at college

>got bored of the constant shitty drama
Holy shit this. The stupid fucking CW shit you see in each of their shows. Like if you watch enough you start to see the exact same themes/dialogue repeated over and over. It's maddening. This whole universe is like a fucking monkey's paw, where someone wished for a superhero live action tv universe, but it got put on the fucking CW.

>Iris would be a psychology student interning at Central City Police Department and studying to be a criminal profiler.
Iris being relevant and useful.What is this madness?

"Can we talk?" and the secrets and lies bullshit have dragged down every DC/CW show so far.

Exactly. They need new fucking writers. The best episodes were the ones in season 1 that went full comic book hype.

>The best episodes were the ones in season 1 that went full comic book hype.

The best episodes were the Professor Zoom ones. The others usually sucked.

This
The whole knowing Harrison wells was zoom but wasnt eobard was so good. Kept me on my toes all throughout

>The whole knowing Harrison wells was zoom but wasnt eobard

What?

>implying captain cold episodes weren't GOAT

eBoard thawne stole wells identity. I watched flash knowing professor zoom was eobard but it didn't become apparent till the much later episodes because he was using Harrison's identity. It kept me watching and thinking.

>but it didn't become apparent till the much later episodes

How dumb are you?

They weren't. Cold didn't get better written or better acted until Legends Season 1.

I disagree

paaaaaatttyyyyy

Not very. It doesn't show you how eobard becomes Harrison till a later episode. it kept me thinking and watching thinking why professor zoom was some guy called Harrison wells and some other guy was called Eddie thawne.

>it kept me thinking and watching thinking

>this much work for a CW show

"it kept me thinking and watching. thinking why ..."
It was a mistype.

Season 2.

>In early stages, Zoom would've been Earth-2's Barry Allen, obsessed with destroying Earth-1s Barry's life and prove that Barry is as broken as him.

>In early stages, the real Jay Garrick would've been Earth-3's Eddie Thawne, and Rick Cosnett was even approached for the role before John Wesley Shipp, who had initially declined to play a costumed superhero, changed his mind.

>In early stages, Patty Spivot would've been a recurring character throughout the season, but had to be written out when Shantel VanSanten was cast in another TV series.

>In early stages, Captain Cold and Heatwave would've been recurring characters throughout season 2 and continue assembling the Rogues, but plans were scrapped when LEGENDS OF TOMORROW moved into production.

>In early stages, Ronnie Reymond would've been a recurring character throughout the show, but had to be written out when Robbie Amell was cast in another series.

>Earth-2's Harrison Wells was envisioned as a kind-hearted scientist. It was Tom Cavanagh's suggestion to make him a contentious, but ultimately trustworthy reluctant ally.

>Zoom's design is based on how Eobard Thawne would've looked like in the scrapped 2011 movie written by Berlanti and Guggenheim.

Season 3.

>Once Zoom was made into Earth-2s Hunter Zolomon masquerading as Jay Garrick due to the popularity of season 1's twist, the concept of a malevolent alternative version of Barry was repurposed for Savitar.

>Mirror Master and Top were envisioned as Captain Cold's replacements as the leaders of the Rogues, but this was scrapped when Grey Damon was cast in a movie.

>There were plans for Teddy Sears to return as Black Flash, using prosthetics, but due to his commitments to another show the character was created through CGI.

>Season 3's troubled production schedule caused several storyIines to be dropped, such as H.R's efforts to create the S.T.A.R. Labs Museum; Julian struggling with the lingering influence of Savitar; Savitar's secret plans for Jesse Quick; Jay's mentorship of Barry and his background, in which he altered time and created his own Flashpoint in a misguided effort to prevent the death of his wife, among others.

>Most notably, Greg Gunberg was introduced as CCPD Detective Mike Patterson in a recurring role where he'd turn the police force against the Flash and meta-humans as a whole, but ended up appearing in only one episode.

>Matt Barr, James McKay, Andy Mientus and Rick Cosnett auditioned for Barry Allen.

>Mike Kalinowski and David A. Gregory auditioned for Eddie Thawne

>Tessa Thompson was approached for Iris West.

>Ernie Hudson was approached for Joe West.

Jesus I didn't think they could've done Cold worse than putting him on LoT but he was almost a meta. Disgusting.

Legends of Tomorrow is a parasite.

I liked his dynamic with Flash the best. The only truly great thing about his time on Legends was his relationship with Heat Wave. That one episode on Flash with Cold's father was better than anything they did with him on Legends.

>Cold's dad's episode
>good

I would have disagreed with you before Flash Season 3 came out. I thought they made Snart heroic a bit too quickly. However, it made sense when it was revealed that he was inspired by Barry's actions and belief in him to turn his life around. I'm glad his appearances on Flash actually mattered for where his character went on Legends. Heat Wave, was definitely used much better on Legends than he ever was on Flash.

Legends actually gave him lines outside of "HURR HEAT"

Perks of being a lead character.

Yep. They actually explored his relationship with Snart and even his backstory. Something the Flash didn't even touch on.

Who needs that when you can just have them say gay ass ice and fire puns

The movie script that inspired season 1.

>Forensic scientist Barry Allen develops superspeed after being struck by lightning and doused in chemicals, and is mentored by Eobard Thawne, the wheelchair-bound CEO of S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry is in love with his childhood friend Iris West, who is engaged to banker Nathan Newbury. Iris' family adopted Barry after his father, Henry Allen, was implicated in the murder of Barry's mother, Nora Allen. Barry is determined to prove Henry's innocence.

>Barry and Iris join forces to stop Leonard "Cold" Snart, a serial killer who has been terrorizing the city. Snart uses a chemical compound to "freeze" people from the inside out. Nathan is almost killed by Snart and confesses to Iris that he laundered money for all of Cold's previous victims in investments related to S.T.A.R. Labs and lied to the police about it to protect his reputation. Iris breaks up with him.

>Barry finds out that Thawne is the Reverse Flash, his nemesis from the future who travelled back in time and killed Nora, accidentally trapping himself in an alternative timeline. Thawne has built a particle accelerator to steal Barry's speed and create a singularity that'll destroy the timeline, allowing Thawne to return to his own time. Thawne then hired Snart to tie up the loose ends. Barry kills Snart when he goes after Iris.

>Barry confronts and defeats Thawne, trapping him in the Speed Force, and then unravels the singularity, saving the universe. Barry and Iris get together and Barry embraces the mantle of the Flash. Barry later meets Green Lantern Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds), who wants to recruit him to the Justice League.

WB even approached Ryan Gosling, Chris Pine and Bradley Cooper for Barry Allen before the project was scrapped.

>can we talk?
>we have to stop him before anyone else gets hurt
>completing each others sentences
>Im not fast enough
>Dramatic song with pep talk starts playing

Who can fill in the rest?

>Run Barry Run
>I have to lie to them to protect them
>HOW DARED YOU LIE TO ME?
>Oh no! I lied to them and something bad still happened!
>FROM NOW ON BE HONEST AND TELL ME THE WHOLE TRUTH!
>Ok I learned my lesson!
>But I'll continue to lie to you next season

We got more out of Captain Cold during his Flash appearances than just cold puns. I'll give you Heat Wave, but not Cold.

You're right. We also got him sounding like a retard.

He doesn't sound any different on Legends.

WHY IS EVERY FLASH BIG VILLAIN JUST A FUCKING SPEEDSTER THAT GOES FASTER

HOLY FUCKING SHIT
IS SPEED SO MARY SUE THE ONLY THINGS MORE OP IS A FASTER GUY?

Why are you yelling?

Damn, this would almost inevitably have been better than what we'll get from the DCEU. The bait-and-switch with Thawne stealing Wells' identity is an undeniable improvement though.

Holy shit, fuck all of this. Why can't they just make it normal for once? You don't have to change ANYTHING, literally everything that's different between the show and the comic makes it worse.

Except Zoom, although he should have been called like, Breakneck or something similar

IM WATCHING THIS SERIES NOW AND ITS MAKING ME MAD.

MAAAAD.

Hnng post more

>who is this mysterious villain who runs very quickly
>he is faster than me until the plot allows me to catch up
>woah it was someone we knew all along

Season 4 supposedly plans to change that.

>This whole universe is like a fucking monkey's paw, where someone wished for a superhero live action tv universe, but it got put on the fucking CW.

The worst part is casuals (and desperate comic fans alike) eat it up. The second they announce [character] is announced to be coming to the show there's nothing but press release articles hyping it up and a social media echo chamber even though they're consistently low quality adaptions.

Who cares, fights in this show are just people throwing the idiot ball around until one wins.

Why was Iris a criminal profiler? Or was that too similar to Laurel Lance?

>Flash Season 1 Finale
>everyone acting like a fucking retard
>"You needed the pain to be a hero"
>"If you save your mother we will never meet"
>"Without her death, those people won't be saved"
>"I'll trust Professor Zoom until I don't."

>one second of Jay's helmet

>BASED SO FUCKING BASED
>HYPE LEVELS MAX

>>Mirror Master and Top were envisioned as Captain Cold's replacements as the leaders of the Rogues, but this was scrapped when Grey Damon was cast in a movie.

I fucking knew it. Well, not about Grey Damon being in a movie, but the showrunners had hinted at them being the new leaders of the Rogues.

We could have got the Hudsman himself as Joe!!!!!

The example that always come to my mind is the Gorilla Grodd episode. All the "hype" after the teaser in the first episode, then all the hype when it was finally announced and it was mostly a god-awful Iris episode followed by a few minutes of "run Barry, RUN!".

Why is Jay Garrick the best Flash?

>I...can't be with you
>I need to protect you
>[witty banter]
>"quirky" character
>character has an embarrassing moment in front of their love interest
>LIES LIES LIES

>Barry Allen was in the Anime Club
>He loved "Dragon Ball Z"

Do the other CW shows

Because they can't use his Rogues. Heatwave & Captain Cold are in Legends, Captain Boomerang is in Arrow, Mirror Master is dead. Trickster is Mark Hamil, so he's too expensive to have more than a single episode per season.

Other than his Rogues his villains are Grodd (CGI is expensive), other Speedsters, and the Thinker (upcoming villain).

Speedster villains are cheap because you can just reuse the sfx they used for Flash but different color.

Yeah and they burnt through all the evil Speedsters already like idiots.

>>There were plans for Teddy Sears to return as Black Flash, using prosthetics, but due to his commitments to another show the character was created through CGI.

that's a damn shame.

jesus this show got CONSTANTLY fucked by "was cast in another TV show"

Diamonds

No, those are people

Why did this make me laugh?

>>Mirror Master and Top were envisioned as Captain Cold's replacements as the leaders of the Rogues, but this was scrapped when Grey Damon was cast in a movie.
As if season 3 wasn't shitty enough as it was.

>cold would have been a meta
fuck no
>pattys ass and black flash jay written out for other shows
boooooooooo

You're all diamonds

>the ass
Patty was best girl.

As someone who stopped after S3 and refuses to watch a second more of this shit, I still wouldn't want them to get rid of Joe. One of the show's saving graces were any father figure pep talks Barry had (Joe, Wells, Henry). They killed Henry and Wells has long since been outed as a villain, so the dynamic died with them. Don't let them continue this trend

>You actually believed it
You poor stockholm syndrome bitch

Mirror Master isn't dead, nor is the Top. Other Rogues still alive include Peek-A-Boo (she is going to be in this season), Golden Glider, Weather Wizard, Trickster II, Tar Pit, Magenta, and Rainbow Raider. Double Down and Murmur were on Arrow, but are still alive. We'll be getting Blacksmith this season.

Whether their actors are available is another matter, though.

Well, Golden Glider's show was cancelled, so maybe she will return.

Not sure how I feel about that.

I was glad she had her own show, but I miss seeing her on Flash.

At least the show got a sort-of conclusion online.

>>A large subplot concerning the secret behind Eddie's transfer from Keystone City was scrapped. It would've been revealed that he accidentally shot his previous partner and covered up his involvement to protect his career.
Fun fact. This is hinted at in the season 0 comic.

I wonder how late in development it was cut since they brought up Eddie having a past secret during interviews about the show during S1 too.

IMDB says she'll be in a TV movie that's in pre-production, but I don't know how large the role is or how long it'll take. Hopefully she is back soon though.

I said supposedly.

Barry is an unlikable character. Nothing they changed would have made him more likable.

>jesus this show got CONSTANTLY fucked by "was cast in another TV show"
And really shitty writing.