Intelligent people's lives matter more than less intelligent people

>Intelligent people's lives matter more than less intelligent people

What did Harmon's narcissism mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

glitteringgoldie.tumblr.com/post/165301454241/honestly-rly-glad-rick-and-morty-is-becoming-the
youtube.com/watch?v=XpGpe8rTCVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

rettard said that's Rick's talking and not Harmon

He's suicidal

>Rudy*aarp*rd Kipling called it the Smart Man's Burden, Bethy. It means that nothing matters and you're insignificant unless you're smart and you know nothing matters.

Did anyone else think Harmon went too far here?

That both Harmon and Roiland have a very loose grasp on morals and can't tell the difference between objectively right and subjectively right.

The show didn't change at all, it's novelty is just wearing off from being on air for 4 years

He's not wrong. There's someone out there smarter and more important to mankind than OP, or even me.

people are fucking sheep
they deserve death if they stand in the way of science
we'd all have replacement organs growing in tubes right now if stem cell research was funded decades ago

>The show didn't change at all.

People said the same thing about the Simpsons.

>more important to mankind
Yet Rick makes everything for himself. Actually he outright steals things and doesn't contribute to society.

So, does that make him the least important person in society... even damaging?

Edgy bro.
I have a group you'd want to join.

>all hate is only racist shit
roiland needs to stop shitposting on Sup Forums maybe

>I don't mean like racist shit
Uh why did roiland think matt was talking about racism?

He thinks racism is the only type of hate that is bad, I guess, on a subconcious level and doesn't realize how weird that sounds.

Because SJW's like Roiland and Harmon think that hate is fine as long as they get to direct to onto others. Except of it's racism, because that is literally the worst thing in the world and all racists seriously need to die like, right now.

Rick is the real Jerry after that retarded speech.

>user still thinks we're supposed to take Rick as being right in any way shape or form

>the redditor chuckles as he reaffirms he's one of the few intelligent people who realizes the futility of life and truly understands Rick and Morty

What is spamming their inbox with e-mails gonna do? He'd have been better off just retweeting the post and warning fans not to buy that shirt. Or asking someone at the studio to file a C&D against the site.

>that's Rick's talking and not Harmon
That's just what Harmon wants you to think.

Anyone else feel like they've taken the
>dude nothing matters infinite universes lmao
shtick way too far?

I mean I understand that's an important idea for the people who write this show but at the fucking least give some consistency to the characters and events. Nothing's reliable. They dimension hopped twice, we don't know when the second one happened, Morty's memories are actively getting manipulated, characters may or may not be replaced by clones and robots etc. The show is actively sabotaging all attempts by viewers to get invested in any of its characters.

Maybe I'm autistic but I feel like they've done the worst job I've ever seen from a show to build on these characters or introduce new ones.

Stem cell research was funded, just not through the government

Yeah. It's kinda hard to care when even the writers don't care but then care too much.

Honestly, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab do the whole "lol don't care, life don't matter" schtick better.

>The channer chuckle harder because he figured that everything can be solved on his japanese imageboard by blaming Reddit for everything and greentexting

>the only type of hate is racism
wew

What they need is a subversion. The wedding was set up about how Rick was right to be so pessimistic and nihilistic. There should be an example where he's wrong to be such a downer about everything.

>Not worshiping the mighty negro kin and their mega cocks

You have no soul.

Is this why they kept pushing Jerry to be called a racist/bigot? Cause he thinks the only negative traits a person can have are being a racist?

>2017
>still mistaking a character's opinions with his creator's

Also this

>they deserve death if they stand in the way of science
>we'd all have replacement organs growing in tubes right now if stem cell research was funded decades ago

Why would replacement organs be valuable if human lives are so valueless as to destroy them for getting in your way? Replacement organs are only valuable if saving humans is valuable.

Unleessss... you just want the replacement organs for yourself, damn anyone else's objections or thoughts on the matter, ehh? Well, fuck you, your life doesn't matter any more than theirs does.

>the show expects us to believe Rick truly cares about his family deep down when he already abandoned his family once in a universe HE doomed

B-B-B-B-But Harmon IS Rick

>Dont want your parents to be in a literal cuckold relationship
>Youre now like really racist

Cant make this shit up

You think you're some kind of genius?

The only characters you're "expected" to care about are Rick and Morty. The rest are practically designed to be unlikable. Who knows how long C-137 Rick or his Morty will last, but they've always been center-stage in a show about infinite realities

They don't do much for you to think Summer is a horrible person

Woman/alpha male sex toy/beta male provider is the family model of the future you basement dwelling loser virgin, get with 2017 already

so why didn't Beth kill Jerry?

>There should be an example where he's wrong to be such a downer about everything.

honestly this would be great and i always hope they're gonna go this route but then they turn everything on a dime just so Rick was right all along.

They did show him fuck up a few times in Morty's Mindblowers, which was incredibly satisfying, but I wish we could see him wrong about being a pessimistic asshole more

t. retard who never did anything in the name of science

His life is equally worthless, but if he is right in that human life itself is worthless then 0-0=0, so taking an infinite amount of lives to sustain his own would be philosophically sound.

Yes, that's correct. If you have to save either an average joe or a doctor, you save the doctor.

How long until Harmon gets ousted from this show?

>Rick constantly goes on about there being no God or at best God gives no shits about you
>we get an episode where Rick actually meets God
>Rick is skeptical at first but eventually concludes this is indeed the real deal
>Rick gives an EPIC speech digging at everything negative about God, about the universe, about everything
>God just calmly listens and never interupts
>Gives His own speech about how yeah, theres no meaning to anything, but that doesn't dictate how YOU approach the universe at large
>God is a total chill bro the entire episode, never once getting annoyed with Rick's rantings

I could dig it

glitteringgoldie.tumblr.com/post/165301454241/honestly-rly-glad-rick-and-morty-is-becoming-the

what did really Justin Roiland mean by this?

>what did really Justin Roiland mean by this?
He's trying to bang a 17 year old. What's wrong with that?

I see nothing wrong with this. In my state, 16 year old can consent.

>"IT'S CREEPY HE IS HITTING ON ME"

Fuck off, attention whoring cunt.

Why are Tumblrina's such liars?

Fuck Roiland but holy shit tumblr's making him look good.

He's a social darwinist.

Definitely not the same people that say that about R&M

The tone of the show has not changed one bit. Characterization started to get more intense in the second season. The ONLY difference now is that the female characters are getting more screentime and are equipped with the same traits the male characters show. No, the evaluations of these traits does also not differ between male and female characters on the show.

>but then they turn everything on a dime just so Rick was right all along.
Thats exactly what happened at the wedding though. Rick was mopey and a downer the whole time until the very end where he started to open up, and then wham! The federation showed up and Rick was right all along.

exactly, i was referencing a moment in the show where they almost had Rick be wrong about his outlook, but then goofed last minute.

I love the offended replies this post got when it didn't say anything false.
Stem cells managed to cure both blindness and paraplegia more than a decade ago, but people forgot about that very quickly.

But that's more about societal impact than intelligence. I'd save an unskilled careworker who supported several people with disabilities before I saved an extremely intelligent 200+ IQ person who worked in a hypothetical solely theoretical field with no practical benefit only interested in personal gain.

Because of the definitions of hate speech and hate crimes.

You guys take the show too literally and try to associate it to ideology spreading in each episode. If you guys gave the same analyisis to shit ass cartoons like spongebob you'd get the same result

because in today's popular culture, hate is synonymous with racism for some reason

i kind of agree. without smart people, we'd still be banging rocks together and without strong people, we'd have been culled by nature way before coming into prominence. mediocre people are needed for a functional society but replaceable so, not important in the big picture.

This excuse is getting real old especially since he isn't proven wrong in his assertion. If the show doesn't actually come out and show that Rick's way of thinking isn't the right way then who are we to say he is wrong? The show's morality is different from our own so yeah in reality all these characters are wrong but as far as the show is saying Rick is the master genius God, Jerry is the ultimate beta sexist racist and Beth is Rick's daughter meaning she's just as capable of everything he can do now apparently. Its best to say that we shouldn't take anything this show says at face value than truly believe that it wants to portray Rick in the wrong

Agreed. ATHF embraced it. Characters would die or become horribly disfigured, then be fine the next episode. Yet the universe didn't reset every episode, characters remember stuff from earlier episodes. Rick & Morty tries to do a balancing act between ATHF's DGAF attitude and a continuous, involved plotline - and fails as of season 3.

Goldie's an unbearably smug Donaldist that acted as a booth babe for Don Rosa and has an unhealthy obsession with a middle-aged man that wrote duck fanfiction that almost makes you wonder if she tried to bang him. She has no room to talk.

>people expecting a proper lesson from their entertainment shows

Seriously, people are doing this with Game of Thrones too where they start bitching and whining that every other character isnt doing the perfect thing in every fucked up situation they find themselves in or create.

STOP DEMANDING TV SPOONFEED YOU LESSONS ON MORALITY. IF YOU WANT THAT, GO WATCH SESAME STREET YOU FUCKING MANCHILD

I don't know or care about who this nobody is and wonder why they were linked. Seems like a literal who.

Rick is also a petty, emotionally maladjusted, alcoholic, with suicidal tendencies. Not exactly the guy you should get your lessons from.

I bet you think you're a Rick when you're just a Jerry

He's trying to teach people to stop taking life advice from cartoons where the characters are clearly broken and shouldn't take advice from.
Sadly it isn't working.

Ricks, mortys, jerrys, beths, summers, poopybuttholes...

They're all fictional imaginary 2d characters without real lives. Nobody is fictional.

>Rick is also a petty, emotionally maladjusted, alcoholic, with suicidal tendencies
And? Once again the show doesn't try to prove him wrong.

Well actually I should correct myself.
Mr. Poopybutthole is based on a real person.

>And? Once again the show doesn't try to prove him wrong.
Except it does and you're just memeing now because you want to hate this show

He turned an entire Earth into monsters so Morty could get a date. Rick is an enabler.

Just more of the same pseudo-intellectual bullshit to serve as filler for a shitty episode.

I think that whole meme is a reference to the BoJack episode about Zoes and Zeldas

What meme?

Nah. It's just a reference to a tumblr post they read because, ironically, they enjoy pretending they're smarter than other people while not actually thinking of anything for themselves.

Rick literally says that being smart is worse than being evil

What, exactly, are you referring to or talking about?

females were a mistake

>god exists
>nothing matters
Pick 1

Are you thicker than Harry Knowles yellow tinged semen? Does the show have to have a charatcer break the fpurth wall and go "OH HE A BAAAAAD MAAAAN!" Before you know the character is a dick?

>He's trying to teach people to stop taking life advice from cartoons where the characters are clearly broken and shouldn't take advice from.

t. never seen Bojack Horseman

This. It also made no sense how Summer was so against him "moving too fast" yet in the second episode she literally hands him a skull and says to never look back as its a sign of weakness. Why the fuck would you not want your father to move on, but also never look back? On top of that why do the kids hate Jerry for the divorce yet Beth is seen by them as a saint?

Perhaps one of the deeper purposes of Rick and Morty is to explore a universe where the common idea of morality as the average schmo would know it isn't the one that governs the rules. Rick doesn't need to be a good person because life is valueless to him. Possessions are a means to achieve his near and far goals and science is a tool he uses at his disposal to get him through another day, another adventure, or another episodic rut.
All the characters are, in the end of it all, completely meaningless except for Rick. Rick is the ultimate driving force behind everything. Even then, however, Rick is also meaningless as there are an infinite number of Ricks so his personal value is also lost.
Perhaps the meaning behind "the intelligent are more worthy than the simple" is that in this universe Rick has created for himself(psychologically, emotionally, and physically), nobody but the ones who can move boulders or find a way to make it easier to move those same boulders actually matters. Everyone else is just a means to achieve those goals and implement those advancements by the intellectuals(the more valuable); however even under that train of thought, the intellectuals and the ones with a perceived value are still valueless as everyone is fleeting and existence is just a momentary state among infinite other momentary states.

Or maybe I'M reading too deeply into it.

>entertainment shows
but nothing about this episode was funny. I can't even think of one joke that was told.

>why do the kids hate Jerry for the divorce yet Beth is seen by them as a saint?
They Jerry for failing to handle the divorce, not for the divorce itself
they hate their mother for how she's handling the divorce too, but she's not as emotionally exhausting to put up with compared to Jerry

?
I don't think think there was anyhing remotely related to that in the first two tweets. It was about harassing some t shirt maker and how it could spell trouble if they went with it

>Unleessss... you just want the replacement organs for yourself
You cracked the code, this fedora tipper wants to stuff himself with everyone's organs.

There is literally an episode about Bojack's idol giving out bad advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=XpGpe8rTCVg

Your not slick, user. Some advice works out better for others. Not very piece of advice you get is modular with every person.

That sounds nice.

>you can't reconize the failures of the characters within the show and get your own conclusions about it regardless of what the end result in the show is

really makes me think

This can't be real.

So.... what if the betas decide to stop providing?

Exactly, don't take advice from cartoon characters that are clearly fucked up.

then they're sexist bigots

>Nobody is fictional.

Except for that girlfriend in Canada you always talk about, you fucking poser.

nihilism is literally the most meme philosphy ever

It's been done many times before, fuckboy.

I would love this, but it would certainly go against the image the show's writers have. Maybe in the comics.

>people who try to compare themselves to Rick's intelligence
For a show people say is incredibly smart, majority of the fans are monstrously stupid.

You're not supposed to "relate" or compare to Rick's intelligence. Rick's intelligence is unfathomable. Its like if you stared at some kind of cosmic being and had all the knowledge and secrets of the universe revealed to you. That's the entire joke and premise.

Its not nihilism or that feeling you get when you start to think about life on other planets. Nothing matters to him because he's seen and done it all. He can or has lived a thousands lives in multiple universes.

No one should want to be that intelligent. That sounds like a terrible existence. Anyone who considers themselves a Rick is a narcissist on the highest caliber

Why are there so many lowercase posters lately and why are their opinions always such fucking shit?