Give me 10/10 comic books

Give me 10/10 comic books.

Pic related.

At least until the ending proves underwhelming.

Not even on Sup Forums I ever saw anyone shittalk this

The ending wasn't that bad. Though it's entirely possible that the ending was changed from original intent. I remember hearing that Ellis had a major file loss around that time.

I'm only really familiar with capeshit.

>Superman for All Seasons
>All-Star Superman
>Superman: For the Man That Has Everything
>Spider-Man: The Final Chapter
>Green Lantern and Green Arrow
>Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn
>Hitman / Six-Pack and Section Eight
>Any 2000 A.D. Judge Dredd
>Hellboy
>Flash & Green Lantern: The Brave and the Bold
>Marvel Adventures Avengers
>Marvel Adventures Spider-Man
>Neal Adam's 70's Batman run
>Everything with Plastic Man
>X-Men before the Pheonix Saga
>DOOM 2099
>Spider-Man 2099
>Spider-Girl
>Howard the Duck MAX
>Bone
>N.E.X.T.W.A.V.E. - Agents of H.A.T.E.

WE

Oh fuck, forgot Morrison's Animal Man and JSA vol. 3

I have no real issue with how the ending played out, Its more that it happened too quickly. Evil Reed and Sue didn't get to do anything, they appeared in person for the first time and were defeated a few pages later, where evil Johnny and Ben had a good amount of issues dedicated to dealing with them. Then the last issue is dedicated to saving Chase, when I felt there wasn't enough time spent with him to care as much as Ellis wants you to.

>that bune
PICKED THE FUCK UP

It was only underwhelming because we had to wait like fifty fucking years for it to come out.

DELETE THIS

Fuck you Image/Templesmith/whoever the fuck is to blame

>DELETE THIS

That's what Warren's computer did

God yes

posting some 3 random pages along with it

The Winter Men

whoops

Has Sup Forums literally just discovered this comic since the big trade came out? NO ONE posted about Munoz and Sampayo before. I'm glad people are discovering such great work but Fanta put out the mag in the late-eighties and Titan did a Joe's Bar collection...fuck, I remember when they were in RAW (the Penguin digest-sized volume issues), it's like when they published Fletcher Hanks, Fanta collects it and Sup Forumsis ALLLL OVER that shit...I know some of you haven't been collecting for a over two and a half decades but Munoz for one is a legendary figure in the medium,shames it's took this long for some people to catch on (pic very much related)...no disrespect intended to anyone btw, not trying to fucking gatekeep, dudes...

hell yeah my dude. the cult is one of the few cannon comics that shows batman murdering a someone.

all I knew about this before is that Frank Miller heavily ripped it off for Sin City....hell, that's still all I know. Links where

10/10, you say....NON-CAPESHIT INCOMING

> Starlin Batman

Nasty!

More like 9/15

How did I forget to post that masterpiece

>heavily ripped it off for Sin City
Nah, he was heavily infuenced but if you check both the art and the stories, is nothing more than a strong influence. Rip off is what Giffen used to do with Muñoz's art.

Also Keith Giffen, Taiyo Matsumoto and David Mazzucchelli were just some of the legendary creators who were hugely influenced by Munoz at some point...links? What links? I dunno man I mostly just deal with physical media

Since it seems like The Eternaut english translation has been successful, let's hope they show this some love next. I find it a lot better, and I love The Eternaut.

Total masterpiece, the most "original" comic I've ever read

>Oesterhive mind

Jim Woodring's Jim comics

Gillen's Journey into Mystery
Spider-Man: Blue

I haven't read this since middle school, I'd love to see if it holds up.

hell yeah

neat euro layout

I mostly know about it because of the Giffen tracing

You capefags have wasted Alcatena's talent for many years. Let's hope one day you rediscover him at his full potential.

actually every Loeb/Sale collaboration is perfect

I'd fucking love to read this. Blown away by some of the pages I've seen from it.
I could do go on with at least an other 15 comics but better stop here, don't wanna shit up your thread with pretentious hipster garbage

>I'd fucking love to read this. Blown away by some of the pages I've seen from it.
It's fucking brilliant. The best work by both Oesterheld and Breccia.

Yeah, obviously done on purpose to ape the French album-style comic.Good catch
Better photo featuring the early Jim mag-sized "autojournals"

So this confirms i'm not loosing my mind and posting Mort Cinder over and over again, that's a relief.
Also nice knowing i'm not the only person who has read it on Sup Forums.

>I find it a lot better, and I love The Eternaut.
Yeah, gotta agree Mort Cinder my favourite work of both Breccia and Oestherheld.

Okay last one for the time being. Every user should read the first collected volume of Nexus (this is like 1/8 of my Baron/Rude Nexus stuff; I have a separate longbox just for Steve Rude comics)

Specially noteworthy considering how long it has been running.

And how it hasn't really had a single dip in quality.

Btw, anyone seen the comics Kirchner's been doing for Adult Swim (I didn't even know they had a comics section 'til recently)? They're set in Hell and are pretty fucking good, desu. I recommend having a poke around on there, as well as Kirchner there are another coupla cool strips on there

keep rec'ing stuff, sooner or later something will catch my interest

SOMEbody's a Mignola fan.

It was hard for me to single out only one album, I just picked the one that made me laugh the most. Pretty much every single Goscinny written Lucky Luke album is 10/10.

This was way too good for a random ass miniseries about a literal who written by a funny webcomic man.

>Spoilering a comic that ended over a decade ago
Fag

reading right now. Fucking love that man

Oh shit he actually TRACED Munoz's stuff? I loved his JLI but damn if I haven't just lost a shit-ton of respect for the guy!
Damn, forgotten the name of that absolutely gorgeous Alcatena noble-barbarian-warrior in a fantasy setting comic...beautiful, beautiful pages, so fucking good
Wow, THAT good?! Funnily enough Fantagraphics ran a short Breccia piece in Sinner #2 (), about the five (?) young, sinister (possibly sociopathic or mentally handicapped or both), brothers who do some fucked-up shit by the end of the story...in b & w but has a great use of spot red for blood, really creepy short story, shoulda checked the name when I just photographed that stuff.
Good choice but I really think Hicksville's his magnum opus. I know it was done out of necessity but the stylistic differences really work well on a "formal" level...Sam Zabel is still pretty damn good, though.
If you insist! One of the most heartbreaking "funny" comics I've ever read. Won the Xeric grant, next thing Holcombe's picked up by Fanta....DAMN YOU KEVIN EASTMAN WHY DID YOU KILL THE XERIC FOUNDATION GRANT?!?!

Possibly the most beautiful, in terms of coour, comic I've ever read. Also most effective "silent" comic I've had the pleasure to own
(Mowgli's Mirror by Oliver Schwauren)

>mfw I can't wait to butcher all those smug single-eyebrow-raising bastards with the help of my great friend the exploding armpit

Holy shit, BUSTED! Thanks for this, user!

Looks like Fanta is gonna publish it next year.

Hey nice catch! The ghost of Kim Thompson is directing Groth and Reynold's hands, I'm fucking convince.
Will it unseat Alack Sinner as one of the best Euro comics ever, I wonder?!

>about the five (?) young, sinister (possibly sociopathic or mentally handicapped or both), brothers who do some fucked-up shit by the end of the story...in b & w but has a great use of spot red for blood, really creepy short story, shoulda checked the name when I just photographed that stuff.
That's an adaptation of an Horacio Quiroga short story called La Gallina Degollada (The Decapitated Chicken), with a script by the underrated Carlos Trillo. I must say I like the comic better than the original story, because it bared it down to it's essence and told the story beautifully in a very visual way. Reading the story and then reading the comic is a very nice way to see the strengths and posibilities of comics as a medium.

But yes, I would say Mort Cinder is the best of Breccia's work, helped immensely by the best of Oesterheld's scripts as well.
It would be great if it came out nowadays, it's crazy to think it was published in 62. Comics like that really make you realize how backwards were American comics compared to the rest of the world, until the 80s when they started catching up.

Neither Mort Cinder nor Alack Sinner are Euro comics.

Codename: Knockout
Dakota North
Edison Rex
Adam Warren's Gen13
Baker's Plastic Man
Moonshadow
Demo
Starstruck

written by a pedo

unfortunately

Parable is better in every single way

Fuuuuuck yes.

I know their creators weren't, but they were published in European countries. Would Dean Mullaney (of all people) mistakenly publish the sinner collection under IDW's "Eurocomics" imprint? I think not.
Nice try, though.