Neo Yokio

Apparently this was written by a singer from Vampire Weekend named Ezra Koenig.
This shit is hard to watch and just tells me that the right money to the right people can put anything into light

Other urls found in this thread:

yutaka7.tumblr.com/post/165729310381/うっ私は何を
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Will Smith in Bright is literally the only reason why Neo Yokio exists.

Please stop making threads about this awful piece of garbage. You're making other boards think we actually like it.

>Implying it's not the best anime of our generation

>implying you don't like watching a show about Jaden Smith ghost Hunter tying to bone a crazy purple haired Daria

Explain

>"you want me to star in your stupid movie written by Max Landis, then you have to produce my son and his dumb friend's stupid cartoon thing or whatever, just give me the money. "

I like it.

I like it, its a satire that doesn't go out of its way to be a satire, is its own thing

I genuinely like this show

>its a satire

Look at this delusional faggot.

I'd rather not. I read his post once already and it made me sad.

satire is not a excuse like ''bad on purpose''

the point is that some idiots think that this show is trying to be deep, serious and all that shit while is just a show trying to be funny with interesting ideas and characters.

Similar how Archer has cool shit on it and you never say to yourself that you watch the show for the action or the spy shit despite that spy shit being ''serious''

>and it made me sad.
lol, epic win, epic lmao, well memed

Okay but what is it that makes it so easy to tell Western "anime" from anime

t.fanfiction

Netflix didn't produce the show. It was made in 2015 for FXX'x animation block. When that went under, the series was shelved. Then Netflix bought it (and yes, it was probably part of Will Smith's movie deal) and put it on their service.

>Easy to tell western animation from animation

>Okay but what is it that makes it so easy to tell Western "anime" from anime

this was made by a japanese studio

Please explain how that's a meme.

>lolz ways this non animu garbage?!
>Goes back to watching Totally Spies

Damn right I will.

its your typical ''lol this thing its so bad that gave me cancer!!'' over the top generic comment that tries to pass as an opinion

And it's all animated in Korea, just like our shit. It all really comes down to who told them to do what, and not even Production I.G. can make a miracle out of shit. As for Deen, well... Deen.

Look at shit like My Life Me and early Teen Titans when they wouldn't lay off the "anime reactions" to things. It's forced and overdone because they're attempting to market themselves as something they don't really know, and it shows.

Except that's not what I said. You're just applying things you want to see to what I said so that you can have something to react to. The fact that you had to even explain it really says a lot about how wrong you were.

GREGORIAN
HOUSE

Hurr durr gve m cuncerr bad hurr
Juden smit in animu hurr duur fagts like shoew I spummm hurrd h

I just finished it, it wasn't THAT bad.

Its biggest problem is that it couldn't decide if it was satirical or being earnest. Maybe next season some of the gilded cage will flake a bit, unveiling more of the inequity of the city-state, and it'll find itself and its message.

Jason Schwartzman killed every scene he was in.

>Jason Schwartzman killed every scene he was in.
I hope you mean that he KILLED IN every scene he was in. He was the best thing about this show.

Sorry, yes. Killed In. Was the best. The bee's knees. All his lines were bangers.

>twin towers are still there
>it's underwater
Post screen shots of the city under water and the MoMa. pure animekinotography

>Hating giant toblerone kino

You kids

I've noticed in recent years that Sup Forums is too up its own ass for "fun". I remember years ago we all enjoyed the entertaining train wreck that was Marvel Mangaverse when it got story timed.

What happened to you ,Sup Forums? You used to be beautiful.

I only watched the first episode, but this is by far the worst "anime" I've ever watched.
The writing is terrible.
The characters are terrible.
The voice acting is terrible.
The line delivery is just comically bad, like when that guy at the end gets "excited" about the MC finally showing up to the game. He sounds way too bored.
The animation is terrible.
The theme is terrible.
The references are terrible? I mean who randomly quotes Karl Lagerfeld?
Everything is terrible.

Now watch episode 2. I fucking dare you!

Why did I enjoy this cartoon? just finished it today. mila is a cutie

Lip syncing is horrible mainly because its by a japanese studio. How much more expensive would it be to add an experienced western animator to help with that?

What's the deal with female voice actors in this? They all sound like chain smokers and this one is the worst of them all.

> I mean who randomly quotes Karl Lagerfeld?
Okay, this kinda makes me wanna watch.

>FXX'x animation block.
they really wanted this next to Chozen and Archer??

I want to write the second season, it would be the stupid git failing to protect the city, everyone is killed in a vicious genocide, as he tries to survive the terrible wasteland left he slowly makes small steps to winning before being captured, tortured, and killed. As the villain looks over the mutilated corpse, he waxes philosophical vows as his voice slowly becomes Jaden Smith's. The final line would be: 'If only he realized his eyes were but a mirror'

>Karl Lagerfeld
That's just the tip of the fucking iceberg when it comes to fashion references. Almost everything about this fucking show is obsessed with fashion. Even I, being a casual reader of Vogue and GQ, had references fly over my head. I know Ezra Koening wrote this and Jesus Christ he must have never had a conversation without his head eight yards up his own ass. The ol' english reference, fucking Canterbury tales, dropped with a sea of smugness, the fucking poems all over the place, and I swear every other line is just smug self-satisfaction.

Also, I don't know why you didn't mention his black bear friend as peak lazy delivery.

Best show of 2017 hands down

Still better than RWBY

why do people think this part is funny. Is it because he was talking like an urban youth?

LE RANDUMB Exs DEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The guy had water powers and turned his homies into butterflies

Not to mention the BLATANT P.G. Wodehouse references

It's funny because he accidentally turned his homies into bugs lmfao got em

greetings Sup Forums

yutaka7.tumblr.com/post/165729310381/うっ私は何を

>Jayden smith's character is really bad with women
does art imitate life or does life imitate art

He's pretty much playing him self, the only difference is the name.

This show is great though.

not shilling

I feel like the perfume joke was a reference to something.

So, is it just me, or does Arcangelo want to be macking on Kaz?

If it's any consolation, it was originally intended to air on Fox.

Also Susan Sarandon is in this? How the mighty have fallen

There's a band called Gregorian that actually does this. Half their shit is choiral covers of old pop songs.

They're a realistic portrayal of female artist types. I've never met an artistic woman that doesn't smoke like a chimney

RWBY is comfy YA hero's journey, stfu

>"really bad with women"
>tfw Kaz has banged every female celebrity in his social circle

>Blue hair stops singing
>Starts talking TO Kaz
>HOWDY YA'LL GIT ALONG LITTLE DOGGY
Why did they think this was a good voice for her?

do you not

understand humor

Its not

that funny

user

>Black person literally owns a white person.
What did they mean by this?

>comfy
opinion instantly invalidated

They mean that rich people hire servants that they pay peanuts

What do you think Will Smith's chauffer or butler looks like?

So did they forget to shade the Robot or something?

Show was better than I thought it was going to be. From the trailer, I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be taken seriously or not. It kind of felt like a mish mash of a bunch of ideas (and it still is) but it's seemingly self aware I guess. Basically, I'm just glad its a comedy.

how many tumblr screenshot posts do you think hospital gown girl's quotes are going to get with a #woke hashtag?

a formidable amount

I just finished watching it. I liked it generally, but I think it's better when it's being funny than dramatic, as such the finale didn't do much for me. It set up a kind of interesting next season but I dunno if that's actually something that's feasible to expect.

They seem to be focusing more on the toblerone gag

but it was funny

to other people

It's a silly homage to anime in general and also pokes fun at rich people. It's not a fucking masterpiece, but I think it's pretty funny at times.

Season two will probably be way better, if there is one.

Mila is best girl

Aunt Agatha is best girl

Caprese Boy is best girl

would you drink it?

Is it an anime or a cartoon?

>Kaz drives Mila's car into the walled off city of Neo Yokio
>people shout how they're all starving to death
>they attack the car sporting the hammer and sickle

What did they mean by this?

Yes.

No the other one. With the unfunny Scientifically Accurate videos and the Major Lazor cartoon.

I'm glad we finally have a show that puts on display how far up its own ass Sup Forums has become.

I guess they were just striking at the event (and what it represented) anyway they could, but yeah it came off as sort of weak.

It did really bring Kaz's words to Helena into focus that despite her change she's still a rich girl living in an expensive town house with her parents. Even destroying the board, while it may have impacted Kaz and Arcangelo never spilled over into helping the underclasses.

I don't get why it warrants so much passionate hatred, doesn't seem like it needs that kind of effort. If people think it's retarded that's one thing, but there are a lot of stupid shows that no one gives a shit about

Both

Because she's from north cackalaka, duh

The few criticisms I have is that a lot of the voice acting is generic, the animation pretty subpar for a 2017 airing anime, and the dialogue needs much improvement. That doesn't mean it's a bad show, or that it's a good one, it's just one of those 'did you love/hate it' things.

Where can I pirate this?

but i actually like it, and it isnt garbage

It was entertaining as fuck, not good by any slice but I entertaining.

Arcangelo was best character.

you ask one of your friends to lent you netflix

He's beauty, he's grace. He's got Kylie Jenner's foundation all over his face

The finale ruined the self-awareness and wackiness of this anime imo

Woke is more of a Twitter thing. Besides, from what I've seen Tumblr appears to like it ironically if the Neo Yokio tag is any indication

They are not as stupid as this board, apparently.