Why aren't there any Orthodox military orders, like the Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller for the Catholics?

Why aren't there any Orthodox military orders, like the Knights Templar and Knights Hospitaller for the Catholics?

And not just back then, I mean today. The Knights Hospitaller turned into the Sovereign Military Order of Malta but is basically just a bunch of cucks in robes now.

Would the Patriarch of the Russian Church bless an Orthodox military order with the sole purpose of defending Christians in Syria and the Middle East, as was their original purpose?

Someone should get the ball rolling on this. You'd probably need several hundred willing people to even get his attention, though.

My life as a wagecuck is pretty miserable, but I'm fit and good with a gun so I've got nothing better to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY
youtube.com/watch?v=tr_4iLEm6-A&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Knights of Columbus is for catholics

Consty...?

Have a thread theme, before it dies:

youtube.com/watch?v=ncckxAjp8uY

What the fuck do the Knights of Columbus have to do with anything I just said. You realize they aren't a Holy Military Order right?

Why would it die?
No. God damnit there are 300 million Orthodox Christians in the world. Not every thread about Orthodoxy is made by that LARPing tranny faggot.

>LARPing tranny faggot
not very christian

Nobody's perfect.

Have a bump
t. American Greek Orthodox guy

not really a valid excuse, though, is it

>Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

you rack disciprine

>Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

>But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

>And he called the people to him and said to them, “Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.”

>From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so.

>Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

>And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life, and set on fire by hell. For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind, but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.

Constantine became a tranny after becoming a Christian, so nothing was "passed away." Furthermore, he is a LARPer. He is a Protestant who tried being an Anglican, then a Catholic, and then Orthodox all in about a year's time, and yet goes around proclaiming to be some pillar of knowledge on theology and dogma. He can fuck right off.

I would be more sympathetic if he were humble but he isn't.

Furthermore, Christians aren't forbidden to call people mean names. Christ preached forgiveness but he didn't preach being a pushover.

Because the military orders grew out of the Latin monastic tradition which was different from the eastern tradition. No St. Benedict, no Holy Rule, no military orders.

>Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble.

But avoid irreverent babble, for it will lead people into more and more ungodliness,

>Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

What is this supposed to prove? That people are perfect? Because it doesn't. All I said is that nobody is perfect and that's true. That's why we have confession. Nobody is without sin.

>Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips!

>The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

>Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

>A worthless person, a wicked man, goes about with crooked speech,

These are pretty out of conext. The New Testament is clearly supposed to be obeyed through the spirit of the law and even Jesus offended and talked down to the pharisees.

>Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person.

>His mouth is filled with cursing and deceit and oppression; under his tongue are mischief and iniquity.

>The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.

I always thought military orders grew more out of feudalism than monasticism. After all, most crusaders were second or third sons of nobles, who were nobility but weren't eligible for inherit land. So they modeled themselves after monastic orders and took vows similar to them and went off to make their own destiny.

And in any case, it doesn't change the fact that today, in the modern world, military orders can't simply be bands of Christians willing to fight to defend their Faith and believers. It would be a PR nightmare, but Russia has never really given a shit about that before.

>The mouth of the righteous brings forth wisdom, but the perverse tongue will be cut off. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable, but the mouth of the wicked, what is perverse.

>Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

We get it Constantine, you're butthurt. Now get the fuck out of the thread you autistic faggot

>Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits.

>But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

>There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

>He loved to curse; let curses come upon him! He did not delight in blessing; may it be far from him! He clothed himself with cursing as his coat; may it soak into his body like water, like oil into his bones!

>There is swearing, lying, murder, stealing, and committing adultery; they break all bounds, and bloodshed follows bloodshed.

>To speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people.

Bantz=/= bad natured cursing trying to put down others

There's always one autist that nukes these threads.

>Furthermore, Christians aren't forbidden to call people mean names.
>"whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire."

best emma cumming thru

youtube.com/watch?v=tr_4iLEm6-A&feature=youtu.be

There were some orders, most were destroyed when the turks destroyed the eastern roman empire. By the time the Ottoman Empire was crumbling, most didnt care enough for fancy millitary orders as much as they did for freedom.

Cant speak for the russians though they did seem to like monasticism

>You realize they aren't a Holy Military Order right?
Hah. That's what you think. We've been importing Catholics forever. With the help of the Mexicans, we'll finally be the dominant religion and the Catholics will purge you WASPs from the continent.

>jX43jiuu
>juu
uh oh lads