Avengers goes weekly

WELP
comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/25/avengers-no-surrender/

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/13/marvel-reveals-new-character-voyager-marvel-legacy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh dear, this won’t end well

>Cuckwing
its dead. bury it

Is it one comic weekly because it just looks like a crossover between avengers, uncanny and some other shit.

>Ewing
Nice
>Waid
Let's see
>Zub
Boooring

Wait why isn't Janet in the statue? Who the hell is the girl with a V?

wait, I thought jason aaron was writing this?

>No events for a while
>*One week later*
>Who's excited for the next event!!!!!!
Someone needs to intervene at HQ, they've got problem at the House of Ideas

It's more likely a crossover between Avengers, USAvengers and Uncanny, even the artists match.

>All-New All-Different Avengers felt more like a prelude to the Champions/Avengers split
>Current Avengers run had one forgettable arc and Secret Empire tie-ins
>Legacy Avengers will be all crossovers all the time

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/09/13/marvel-reveals-new-character-voyager-marvel-legacy/

well, maybe Sup Forums will be fun. but I'm not buying that

>The Beginning of the End
a fitting title, lel

so are we thinking this is Mark Waid's exit from the avengers books?

The avengers books are combined into one weekly.

>weekly series
>event

How metapoetic.

You know what? I'm down. This looks like a good excuse for them to crank out a lot of content with a much larger scale.

Has a weekly series other than 52 ever actually turned out good?

if we are talking objectively, batman eternal sold well throughout it's entire run. Despite the actual quality and managed to do well enough for a bi-weekly sequel.

this looks like the team is Beast, Rogue, Vision, Pietro, Jane Thor and whoever that energyman is.

Living lighting.

So they're goning back to moltey crew.

user was right about Janet being replaced in history.

Thats probably Mosiac.

thats voyager, shes a founding avenger. she actually named the team the avengers, by going into wasps mind and planting that thought in her

It's funny cause I was thinking of a similar idea for an Avengers series, to be weekly and try to encompass the entire Marvel Universe. The Avengers never really stood for something like the X-Men and FF, what with their being no guidelines for who can be an Avenger outside "No villains", and even that is pretty questionable. Avengers should be a weekly title, constantly rotating cast, and just be diving into as many ideas and corners of Marvel as possible.

Actually voyager is a founding member with no wasp. It's a mystery.

I like the lineup.

Replaced by Bendis?

Who is the guy covered in electricity?

that only works for continuity light books that don't have to follow a strict story. All these events make that impossible

Most likely, Jason Aaron will probably replace him since he's talked about the Cavengers showing up again later in another book he'll be writing.

Looks like Mosaic to me.

mosiac?

black guy so it probably checks out

Given that Voyager seems to have replaced Janet, how much do you want to bet that Kang the Conqueror and time travel are involved?

Since when is Mosaic an Avenger though?

the books already gonna have an uphill battle, so why weight it down with that trainwreck?

Or the stones.

Probably headed towards a soft reboot or split universe.

Living lighting

>No Falcon...good.
>Beast...fuck me.
>Living Lightning or Mosaic?
>Quicksilver still wearing that shitty costume.

Larraz' Rogue makes my dick hard

At least this means we'll get the Scarlet Witch's current outfit drawn by Alex Ross.

Living lighting

>Wasp not even in the same place Voyager is
So where the fuck is this talk about Voyager replacing her coming from?

I'm still not exactly sure what happened to Kang at the end of that arc Waid did with Del Mundo.

Since Avengers #675, apparently.

But what would Living Lightning be doing here? He hasn't been in any Marvel book in years.

No wasp

>titular Avengers title has 3 Mutants
>Legacy only brought back X-Characters
Good for X-Fags but as someone who isn't. Please fuck off

He's the spirit in Mjolnir. Look at Whor and Thors hammers

It's impossible to see shit on Pym's hand from that distance and angle.

> making excuses. Stay mad Janet fans.

God I hope not

Are they going to force insert her in marvel history like the Sentry?

Quicksliver isnt a mutant.

He is to me, and I'm sure he will be again

This is like the second heroine that Waid has inserted into Avengers history in this run

He isn't. Also Earth prime not 616.

Here's hoping it is light structure.

>No Carol
Trash.

>crank out a lot of content with a much larger scale.
Explain to me how greater quantity equates to quality in an era of Marvel that has produced Civil War 2 and Secret Empire.

He isnt user, marvel is ready to introduce the Speed Force once DC gives them the order

>Ewing
AWW YES.

Probably Living Lightning. Gotta get a gay person on the team, afterall.

MARK MY WORDS
Voyager = Maria Pym

hoping ewing and zub rescue songbird from the limbo

No.

Wednesday Comics and Batman Eternal are probably the next best in terms of quality and those were merely okay.

Everything else is mediocre to straight up awful.

Zub's the reason she's there

If it wasn't for his shitty Thunderbolts book she could have stayed with the US Avengers

Trinity and Action Comics Weekly are okay.

And even then Batman Eternal had its problems like it was way too decompressed and a couple storylines were bad. If they took out a dozen issues and compressed it, it might've been pretty good.

Doesn't count if it's not the whole universe. If it's just Avengers I'm fine with that

Is beast joining the avengers? great, beast has only been good when he is in an avenger team.

Gotta get to that 700 FAST

Okay, it's weekly, but how long is it going to run?

>Waid
>Zub
>Wasp probably getting shit on again
>mysterious character retroactively added
>again
>already
As with most Marvel books, my interest immediately died.

action comics is 5 issues away from 1000 if i am not mistaken.

Him and Wonder Man get a whole issue of Uncanny so i guess he'll be a recurring character for now, but yeah he's only good when he's an avenger

>a mysterious character added for the sake of a weekly

Boy that little girl definitely wasn't annoying in Futures End. And that Tarot woman from the Trinity weekly was REALLY IMPORTANT and also a GOOD CHARACTER

you are mistaken

Is that the living lighting, or did Thor get cucked into being the hammer?

She's probably Maria Pym with andriod powers. So in the new timeline a prototype of vision.

Thors getting a new hammer.

Hey atleast a Marvel comic might make it to thirty for the first time in what two years

Technically, but Cressida was a full on villain pretending to be good.

Damm

I enjoyed quite a bit of Future's End, but the series was doomed since DC obviously didn't want to commit to it as the future, so we got an horrible ending to make it irrelevant.

>Weekly
>$3.99 at least

Nah I'm good

UH user
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN AND DEADPOOL BOTH HIT 30 THIS YEAR AND WE'RE GETTING OLD MAN LOGAN AND UNCANNY AVENGERS TOO!!!

Oh that's nice
How many DC books will be hitting thirty by December

Moon Girl is going to hit 30 issues soon. :')

No way, he had the option in Unworthy Thor and chose not to

B-BUH BUT THEY'VE BEEN DOUBLE SHIPPING!!!

Already image of him with new Hammer.

On the retailers end, is having a weekly comic series to order good or bad?

There is more info in the FOOM magazine, let me look, give me a few minutes...

I will say one thing about Uncanny Avengers, it keep peaking my interest for a short while.

People think they're being clever when they do this shit, and it really pisses me off.

>Wednesday Comics
>okay
No, let's be real. The stories in Wednesday Comics ranged from pretty good to bleh. Wednesday Comics was a great experiment and I wish they'd do it again.

>Waid, Zub, Ewing

So what, are they just folding all the different Avengers books into one title instead of having Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, and USAvengers (/whatever permutation of Avengers books they have right now)?

Kinda like how they did post BND Amazing Spider-Man?

Twice, Beta Ray Bill offered him is. Rightfully so, he declined that one. But there was NO reason for him not to grab the Ultimate hammer. We know Whor is dying so maybe this is just a cover?

I remember some retailers talking about that when DC had 3 going on at once, and they didn't like it because Futures End and Worlds End were too unpredictable. IIRC they didn't mind Bamtan Eternal that much because Batfags are usually safe and buy stuff predictably. But it was the other two and the fact that they had 3 going on at once that was the main problems.

Mark Waid, Jim Zub, and Al Ewing share their plans to take Avengers, Uncanny Avengers, and U.S.Avengers into Marvel Legacy, before combining all three titles into one weekly book starting with the landmark Avengers #675 - and the epic "No Surrender"!