HEY Sup Forums! /o/ HERE!

HEY Sup Forums! /o/ HERE!

I was thinking about making a Murican street racing comic/mangu and was curious as to what Sup Forums thinks about it and your guys thoughts and ideas, I was told to come here from /o/ since they liked the idea

>(This is a loose murican version of initial-D/Wangan Midnight so keep that in mind for the kinds of characters and cars they'd drive)

Its set in a small town in Colorado, centered around a young guy who just graduated HS and ends up looking for a graduation car with some money he and his parents saved up together and since he doesnt have alot of money (like 3k or so) he goes to his local scrapyard and finds a slightly beat up old Foxbody GT in decent enough condition and buys it, and he eventually gets a job delivering pizzas around town to save up money and work on his "new" car, while he thinks about what he wants to do with his life, all the while racing and working on his car and saving money, and meeting new racers with there own stories and motivations, so kinda (slice of lifey & stret racing)

There'd be local small town drag racing/national park touge racing/ hoodlum hooning/ and the yearly small town rally race that everyone goes to see and has a cash prize and a cute little rally trophy :3

Lots of 80s/90s muscle cars and sporty shitboxes like preludes/celicas/integras/civics/foxbodies/3g camaros/fieros/trans-ams/ fox-thunderbirds/ celica supras/ crx/ miatas/ etc, etc

>weeb shit

there's a board for this you fucking idiot. get out.

no bump. kys dumb fuck.

Would love to know what Sup Forums thoughts on racing mangu/comix
One user here really really really likes the idea/concept
He said that there weren't enough racing comix/mangu out there and wanted more esp a Murican take on one

Sup Forums is for newfags and just jack off to hatsune miku all damn day

And it's not like Sup Forums is any better, I looked at the catalog a few hrs back and there were AT LEAST 6-8 FUCKING Rick & Morty threads, so gibbe a break

/o/ isn't that interested/knowledgeable in comix/mangu, and told me to come here, Sup Forums is fucking useless and you know this.

Cars?
Fuck off.
If it doesn't have lasers and dragons we don't care.

Sounds pretty cool. I'd read it.

Cool thanx for the support, always thought it'd be a fun idea, and the concept gets bounced around in threads on /o/ every once in a while

Vroom! vroom!

Have a bigger or major city near by so rivals and other side characters will have a reason to show up. This is what is great about Tokyo, you have many racing spots in city and outer city, because of how it is all laid out. So keep this in mind when choosing a good spot in Colorado.

Ya i was thinking about having the town outside a major city in Colorado, maybe Denver?? Idk, I'm a Canuk so Idk the best/biggest cities in Colorado yet,
I wanted it set in Colorado because it's be a bit more relatable to middle America, but it's still close enough to western Canada and the similar atmosphere

I took these out the other day, feels fun man

Anyone here?

Bumpu.

Make sure to get understanding comics.
Making is fine, but understanding is his best book.

When it comes to making you're own stuff you'd probably find more responses and more resources to help you here

Two threads in one day, OP?

Really like slice of life stuff mixed with something more interesting so I'm already sold. If you really want a rural place next to a large city, especially known for cars, don't be afraid to consider Detroit

Did anyone ever rescue Over Rev from scanlation hell? It was pretty fun and I liked that the main character didn't start off as some kind of racing genius/prodigy.

1st one apparently 404'd when I woke this afternoon
So i figured I'd make another and hope it lives lol

Even though this is supposed to be a very quick storyboard or 1 shot page, I'm still having a hard time figuring out which style of eyes to use..its hard man
Also don't know what kind of artsyle to use

OP here and I just started reading OverRev I didn't know they didn't finished translating it owo

Get a blank page, and draw every style if eyes you can. Then decide.

Please tell me you plan to have a douchey Delorian racer guy

Maybe, but the delorean is REALLY slow, so it'd have to be engine swapped to be able to keep up and be remotely competitive
Fucking kek my dooooooood

Nah, he can be this douchey old guy who is a constant dick and is hitting on women and adds the element of "the group's douche" dynamic. Also probably have him hot on MC's love interest and gets the MC anxious or something

I have nothing to take or add about the plot, I just want to tell you to go to /ic/ git gud at drawing and reads lots of comics from different creators, eras, styles, genres etc

Nicest D/ic/k I've ever met.

I assume there will be story arcs?

If you do, you gotta have an arc based either on Go Karting or a Motorcycle vs Car Street race.

Yes, but again since it's mostly a slice of life it's behind the scenes so to speak, an invisible hand guiding the protagonist

(1st) mini arc is finding himself the perfect graduation car, and getting road worthy, and looking for a job and friends.

(2nd) is finding a decent job with decent tips, and coworkers that are cool (and later finds out race as well) might put in a Shingu from /HG/ character in there since he delivers pizzas and hoons around alot

(3rd) finding out who the mysterious midnight corverette driver is and getting his car upgraded enough to keep up with this amazing mysterious driver..and hopefully being able to challenge him to a highway battle or national park touge race

(4th) idk, I literally just thought of these off the top of my head just as I'm typing this, maybe finds hot trap gf (male) racer? Idfk lol

Is it going to be a SOL wacky racer of the week kind of thing? that has potential

>artist thinking his 5.Bro would even stand a chance against an LS1 Firebirb

Bumpu

Do it speedy speed boy.

Sounds neat my man. Are you gonna have completly original characters or base them off one or more already existing characters?

All OC, they have to be, it's in Colorado lol
And what fun is there in copy pasting characters from other manga/comix??

The main thing for this type of series is the art and most importantly if you can express speed well with the art style.

Heads up, in american books, the car companies tend to be more restrictive about shit than in japan, and may hit you up for money.

He has a special powdered additive. Bad for the lifespan, but lots of speed now.

anyone read ghost rider?
how are the cars in that?

This is literally a homemade comic/mangu I doubt car companies will even be able to find it let alone give a shit

Drawing it on paper, then maybe eventually a digital web comic or something Idk, it's not like it's gonna be read by Shonoen Jump or something lol

Sort of, they started adapting one of the later volumes (currently at chapter 109 as of July), but I don't know how much further they're gonna go given how slow it is.

I hate books where they make the main character a fucking icon. You don't get to just do that.

You need to be careful with SoL stories because if your story beats aren't tight, it's going to be very boring.
Like, the first issue should have your MC watch a race and meet up with a lot of the side characters and the last page find his car.

Hey are you the guy that does the line art? I think I may have seen a few of your things on /o/

Only happened on that one cover. Otherwise, he's just a small, local-interest news story.