Same week MvCi is confirmed a flop, Wolverine is revived with an infinity stone

>same week MvCi is confirmed a flop, Wolverine is revived with an infinity stone
Pottery.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamerevolution.com/news/349389-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-bombs-capcom-selling-fewer-copies-pokken-tournament-dx
youtu.be/-WlWlvOWcBo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gem you faggots! Please don't tell me they call it stone in Legacy

It's confirmed a flop? Where?

I need to be sure, so I can be relieved that Capcom doesn't think this shit is acceptable

They do.

>MvCi is confirmed a flop
Wait, what?

>Checks
>Pokken Tournament is outselling a Capcom fighter again.

LEL

YOU KNOW

THE
MOVIESSSSS

Google, friend.

gamerevolution.com/news/349389-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-bombs-capcom-selling-fewer-copies-pokken-tournament-dx

I thought they were called eggs

It gets worse.

Ultra Street Fighter 2 had a better debut than MvCI.

is Capcom just the wheelhouse of bad ideas and poor planing now? I mean they're selling 100$ repros of basic ass SF2, one of the most produced SNES carts that any retro collector can snag an authentic for less than 50 now

Fucking kill me.

>Ultra Street Fighter 2 had a better debut than MvCI.
To be fair, it's a better game than MvC:I.

>Capcom has always supported Nintendo
>start the Switch's life with not porting the Disney Saturday Afternoon titles are literally 4 NES roms
>charge $40 for a fucking port of SF2T:HD which was like $15 on XBLA a decade ago
>Switch becomes runaway success and USF2 actually sells over half a million units, Capcom shocked by its success
>pledge support
>do that by porting RE Revelations 1,2 & MH XX, no new shit
>don't even port Okami HD despite already being on Wii

Yes, Capcom is pretty pathetic. Even if you're not a nintyfag like myself, their output this gen is completely embarrassing. God forbid we get a new version of simple budget titles like a Final Fight 4 or a revival of something like Viewtiful Joe. I'm honestly surprised they even bothered farming out a Strider title a few years ago.

>or a revival of something like Viewtiful Joe
I thought Capcom hated Viewtiful Joe.

Capcom seems to hate everything that isn't Resident Evil, Monster Hunter or Street Fighter and even then, they might be throwing SF under the bus too but are being real sly about it

>gem
>stone
>gemstone

who fucking cares, honestly

I've been reading comics for well over 20 years mind

They hate everything they have.

Darkstalkers has been dead since 1997. Final Fight has been dead since 2006, but truly dead since 1995. Bionic Commando has been dead since 2008. Ghouls and Ghosts have essentially been dead since 2003. Megaman has been dead since 2010.

Yet all these IPs fill up MvC. And thats not even including all the brilliant Clover franchises, amazing fighters like Power Stone or Rival Schools and cult classics like Breath of Fire or Zak and Wiki.

I can't think of a more JUST video game company than them short of maybe Sega.

>who fucking cares, honestly
I think he cares

>To be fair
Why does Sup Forums do this ALL THE FUCKING TIME?

at least Sega has it's good days. At least Sega put the bulk of their Genesis classics first on that amazing PS3 collection and then on PC in either packs or a la carte. At least when it started to show decent numbers, not Capcoms insane expectation where every new title must do Call of Duty numbers to be worthwhile, Sega supported more Yakuza translations when realistically, most Japanese companies would just go 'nah'
At least Sega was willing to give Sonic to the team that could save it; the fucking mod community

I fucking care. This MCU retcon shit is obnoxious.

>Rival Schools
That was a good game. Loved the intro.

At this point Capcom seems to be pretty much begging Disney to buy them, despite Japanese copyright issues.

Yeah, you can say what you will about Sega but they will port their back library everywhere that will have them

Capcom can't even be counted on to release quick and dirty ports of their Nintendo games

RE is a cash cow. 6 made all the sales and they still called it a disappointment. Capcom doesn't know what they are doing. Their half-assed story mode was a disappointment in SFV and then became their advertised point in MvCI only for it to wind up being trashed there. Capcom wants what other people have in terms of sale and critical success but consistently show they don't understand why other people have them.

Hell, the Capcom Pro Tour is a big push from the American side of things because they have an understanding of the eSports hype shit Capcom thought they would be entitled to by releasing an obvious beta game with DLC seasons.

It's true though.

I mean, I get it, it works, but it's so overused on this board.

To be fair you're an idiot.

>tfw to intelligent for commas
To be frank, you're a disgrace.

Capcom deserves everything

What happen to Marvel and Capcom, Sup Forums?

do they at least still have the original colors? or are they changing those to the movie colors to?

It's like the biggest form of karma release megaman legacy collection 2 on everything except Nintendo platforms, no Okami HD when it can definitely run on the Switch, delay revelations 1 and 2 Switch release after the PS4 and Xbox1, no disney afternoon collection of the platform that sells best with platformers.

Politics is what happened.

>okay guys what do we do for dlc costumes
>well in mvc3 we perfectly recreated popular comic costumes and people loved are attention to detail
>okay well this time we are going to redesign them hopefully they love are interpretation even more
>makes all the costumes more generic
Why did capcom do this, I can understand a shitty story mode all their games have that now. I can get the shitty models if you look at the credits they have like 5 companies they used to make the models, but deciding to redesign the costumes for no fucking reason and removing the easiest form of fanservice is fucking retarded. Its not like they did it to both sides either its just the marvel characters

>no mutants
>replaced capt america with capt marvel as one of the main characters
Are you seriously asking what happened?

How shitty is this game if Sup Forums doesn't even mention it?

of all things to bitch about this seems really fucking low on the list

>Switch becomes runaway success and USF2 actually sells over half a million units, Capcom shocked by its success
And yet that still isn't enough for them to support the Switch

Oh, we mention it. Mainly how hilarious it is to see it bombed.

Its rather bittersweet, in a way...

>What happen to Marvel and Capcom, Sup Forums?
MvC joins in the list of dead Capcom franchises.

With Marvel at their current state, perhaps it's mercy killing.

Still hope Marvel never has another fighting game ever again though.

Captain America is in the game, guy.

the MCU was a mistake

Gems got destroyed sometime before the incursion, the stones are different.

Real Nintendo fans don't say "ninty".

Kamiya does.

This will forever piss me off since mvc3 tried with the fan service

>>replaced capt america with capt marvel as one of the main characters
First off Captain America was never one of the main characters in the vs series. That honor goes to Wolverine.
Second for all the hype she got in the marketing Captain Marvel is laughably unimportant in the story mode. She doesn't do a goddamn thing at any point. Gamora's way more relevant.

Of course they're "different", despite essentially serving the same damn function as the originals.

>First off Captain America was never one of the main characters in the vs series. That honor goes to Wolverine.

Come on now, fanboy. Look at this cover and tell me Wolverine's the main character.

They've been calling them Stones in Duggan's Guardians. It's no big deal. Plus, reality's different. The source codes have to change, too.

>War Machine in the front
>No Iron Man
Did the Jap who made that cover get the two mixed up?

Vs series doesn't start with MvC.
But if we just want to count box art...

>Captain Marvel is laughably unimportant in the story mode.
I was rather surprised by that. She just played second fiddle to Cap America and Iron Man. Chun Li had more presence than her. She was about as relevant to the story as Nova of all people.

Ike the Kike
Combofraud

She was the least important playable female character. Chun Li had more presence, Gamora had more plot relevance (although this is to be expected since Thanos is her father) and Morrigan had more scenes.
The problem is that Carol wasn't tied to anything. Chun Li was the face, Morrigan had connections to the magic stuff, and Gamora to Thanos and Strider, but Carol's just kinda there.
Hell, Monster Hunter was almost more relevant than Carol and she's DLC and barely in the thing.

You said Cap was never a main character, not "Wolverine was a main character more times than Cap".

konami effectively killed all their IPs and turned them into pachinko games

>last contra game was in 2011
>last silent hill game was in 2012
>last castlevania game was in 2014
>last metal gear game was in 2015 but is getting a expansion pack nobody wanted

They've been calling them Stones in GotG, too. Gems were the ones from pre-Secret Wars which got destroyed in Hickman's run. Stones are post-Secret Wars, which were created by Reed.

Haha, did they really bring Wolverine back?

You've never played MvC1, have you? Iron Man isn't in it. It really is supposed to be War Machine.

Iron Man wasn't in Marvel vs. Capcom. War Machine was.

Look at this dumbass

Look at him and laugh

They still care about Ace Attorney at least.

When MvC1 was made there was some kind of licensing deal on the marvel side that prevented Capcom from using Iron Man so they palette-swapped him to War Machine, who was available.

Lucky them.

Capcoms shit, Konamis shit...what's the point to playing vidya anymore?

So anyone seen the superior spider-man costume heard it looks like ass

Hol' up. I'm out of the loop.

Wolverine's back alive again?

yes. he was covered in adamantium, and breaks out with an infinity gem.
Wolverine, Jean and Xavier return. Adult Cyclops stays dead.
Marvel will probably hook up Jean and Logan.

At least they're not Konami.

Hmm, Wolverine has an infinite in Marvel vs. Capcom:
youtu.be/-WlWlvOWcBo

Also, I might be gullible.

Eternal reminder that MvCI's all-time peak is less than half of Lawbreaker's.

The series started as X-Man Vs. Street Fighter.

Not Avengers Vs. Street Fighter.

So, yeah. Gonna have to give this one to the other guy.

>In the UK

Who gives a fuck?

>X-Man

X-Men, whoops.

Not agreeing with the Cap guy because the idea of a main character in a crossover game that up until last month had no story is pretty stupid, buuut

Punisher first appeared as a Spider-Man villain, is he a Spider-Man villain forever now?

>Its not like they did it to both sides either its just the marvel characters
We know 3 of the Capcom costumes, and of them only X's Command Mission outfit is faithful. Evil Ryu got a complete redesign, as did Chun's SF2 ending costume.

>Wolverine is back

iswolverinestilldead.com BTFO

But Wolverine also was just a background character in X-men vs Street Fighter.

>We'll be lucky if we even get one alt per character like in MvC3, which was already pretty low

Actually chun lis is accurate to what was drawn evil ryu is just another redesign he has not looked the same

Bump

I'd buy 50 copies of MvCI if they redo this with modern Ryu and Cyclops (and add X-Men to the game, of course)

>release a game with a majority returning cast.
>newer characters are characters no one asked for
>half of marvel's roster was cut due to MCU politics
>Give the implications that newer characters were essentially be carbon copies of characters that didn't make the cut.
>majority of new comers are locked behind DLC

Capcom has been shitting the bed as of recent, but I due most of this could be blamed by marvel.

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure the bulk of MvCi player base is on the PS4. The only reason anyone buys fighting games on the pc is for nude mods or cross play.

The sooner you let it go the sooner the grieving process can start.

It denotes the idea that even if you dislike something it can have some qualities. When and why people started getting autistic about such a mundane and useful turn of phrase I have no idea.

I really don't get how Marvel pushes Carol. If she's awful inside putting her on the cover won't make her more popular.

Speaking in absolutes is usually unfair, given that most things have at least a few positives or negatives (this isn't always the case, though).
Generally, it's just a good idea to be cautious in one's appraisal of a thing.

>People caring this much about whether they're called Stone or Gems

Losers.

I hear the idea of doing it with Bison and Magneto doing this instead.

PUT HIM IN THE FUCKING GAME

5 PEOPLE LEFT MY GAMESTOP DURING MIDNIGHT RELEASE AFTER FINDING OUT HE WASN'T IN THE GAME

So why wasn't there any X-men in the game? Was it legal reasons?

MvC 3 came out in in 2011, the Avengers movie came out in 2012. Its also worth noting that the Mobile Marvel fighting game has x-men in it.

Theres no legal reason other than internal politics at Marvel. Marvel doesn't want x-men to have any mainstream publicity because they don't have the movie rights.

>all the godly Spider-man suits
>Ghost Rider and She-Hulk get their F4 suits
>creative alts for Felicia, Ammy and Viper that respect the history of Capcom
>all that shit out the window for what we got
Post dream rosters, I need to cheer myself up.

All the alt costumes and capcom decides to redesign them all

This roster reeks of waifufag

if it was up to you the cast would be a sausage fest without a single female character

Someone really needs to tell Marvel this.