Bojack season 4

finally got around to finishing it since ive been a bit behind, just curious to hear what Sup Forums thought
the very last line of the season hit me pretty fucking hard. the last few episodes were fantastic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xKUrTwamIx4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what was the final line?

It was this

"I don't need a dad... But I've never had a brother before."
something along those lines

I might finally start watching it again if it goes in that direction.

Kinda boring compared to the first 3 seasons. Not much happened besides the Hawaii Bridge.

The flashbacks were interesting but the comedic timing in them ruined any sense of discovery I experienced.

Haven't watched it yet. Does the entire season follow this structure again?

>Bojack thinks he's a bad person
>Bojack see's an opportunity to redeem himself
>Bojack either fails to redeem through self-sabotage or succeeds and then does something only a bad person would do
>Bojack thinks he's a bad person

I enjoyed the first season a lot and the show still surprises me occasionally but the last two seasons just started feeling like a circle-jerk for people who hate themselves. Like Rick and Morty but instead of being for Reddit pseudo-intellectuals it's for west coast liberals.

I like that we got to see Bojack's mom's upbringing, explaining what made her so terrible. I expected Bojack to just keep walking out even after she recognized him at the end of ep10, but I'm glad he didn't.

He doesn't have a career a-plot (the book, the movie, the award season) to distract him from what would have been his personal life b-plot so he has to better deal with that as a result.

To summarize, his Season 4 Quest involves bonding with his supposed teenaged daughter and helping his dementia-ridden mother gain a moment of lucidity so he can say, "FUCK YOU, MOM!" before her mind completely goes.

More like the final solution

It's actually quite different from the previous seasons. And big spoiler here but this is probably something you'd want to know: It ends on a positive note. For Bojack.

I love that Sup Forums just ignores that this show has been recycling the same structure for 4 seasons under the guise of
>addiction is hard
>depression

That was just side stuff until, ironically enough, Season 4.

I still think he's coming back next season.

most people agree that season 4 and/or 2 are the best so far and 3 is the worse; 2=4>1>3

>>Bojack thinks he's a bad person
Yes
>>Bojack see's an opportunity to redeem himself
Yes
>>Bojack either fails to redeem through self-sabotage or succeeds and then does something only a bad person would do
No, actually
>>Bojack thinks he's a bad person
I mean, he debatably is a bad person, and even though he doesn't fuck up anything major this season he does have some regrets about the way he did things. But all told, he actually does pretty good. The season ends with him genuinely smiling for what's probably the first time in the show's run.

Now, Princess Carolyn, Diane, and Mr. Peanutbutter don't make it out so well.

Ralph is alright but Judah better come back

2>3=4>1 imo

Cute mousey boy

I liked her old boyfriend better.

I think we can all agree that Todd was definitely the worst character this season, right? Other than the retarded dentist clown plotline that went nowhere, he basically had fuck all to do. The asexual thing also felt extremely hamfisted. His lack of understanding about his own sexuality, including the scene where other asexuals needed to literally explain that they can date without having sex, felt more like they wanted to preach to the audience about asexuality rather than flesh out Todd's character. As an actual asexual this sudden character change felt more like an insult than an inclusion.

I hope not. He's too good for Carolyn.

What did Mr. Peanutbutter see in her? I can't imagine these two ever being married.

The guy was too fixated on the label to understand things further on his own and we're not even sure if whether or not he's aromantic.

Mr. PB did nothing wrong during the entire season but he still got a sad end all because Diane didn't like the god damn disbey room

Why do writers love to shit in optimistic characters so much

nah, Judah took advantage of pc and she is a good kitty

I mean, isn't his whole thing seeing the best in everyone?

This.

Season 3 is around the time that the 'Bojack cycle' started becoming increasingly apparent, but season 4 actually took it a different direction, setting up for those expectations and then switching them out at the last second.

Basically, things go south for Bojack like usual, then he learns it wasn't his fault for once. Then he actually manages to make things better. It could have easily gone into a bad direction again, but he actually won for once.

I don't think the show's going to start moving into "happily ever after" territory by any means, but I think they're trying to move away from the routine. A lot more potential to break your heart that way.

Diane just sucks.
>omfg mr peanutbutter how could you be so cruel to do the thing i was talking about wanting last night
PB's too good for her desu

I think the more important question is what did she see in him? Oh yeah, his wallet.

All his wives have been completely different. I kind of imagine that he bumbles into relationships the same way he bumbled into everything else in his life before giving it his all and hoping it works out.

Liked everything with Bojack, but I kind of feel like the wacky comedy tidbits of the show don't hold up as strongly without him as a cynical counterpoint.

So the stuff with PB running for governor and Todd turning clowns into zombies just went on too long to the point where they started to feel a little out of place imo.

>Why do writers love to shit in optimistic characters so much
What else are you going to do with them? If things go right for them, there's no story. At most they can be decoration in another character's story, but PB has the screen time to he his own developed person.

true, compare PB to Todd who's also optimistic but doesn't get shit on as much. PB's the much better character because you actually get to see him struggle.
they should ease up on him a bit though ;_;

Judah knew PC would have felt forced to say yes to the merger, even though it would have been emotionally devastating for her. He made the right call.

Plus, though she is the majority shareholder, he did (and presumably still does) own equity in the company. So it wasn't a purely employer-employee relationship.

someone post cute hollyhocks

Just rewatched the show from the beginning. I was surprised how funny season 3 episode 11 was. Followed by that brutal ending.

>bojack running over the playhouse
>sara lynn tagging the painting in Anna's house
>the joy of mating

>sara lynn dies because of bojack

I liked the stuff with bojack and princess carolyn. Everything else was trash. Hopefully they will finish up the show next season, it's just meandering at this point.

That was one of the most consistently and genuinely funny episodes to me, despite the dark undertones(and of course the ending). Changed Sarah Lynn from dumb bitch I didn't care about to too pure for this world.

which one of her dads is the leaf meant to represent?

>too pure for this world

Well you were right about that.

>watched it several times since release
>only just got all the Miss Carrie jokes
those cheeky cunts

post jokes

Oh so that's what those pictures are supposed to be for. I only took a few glances at them and only looked at the bear picture and kept thinking on how Tina the Bear nurse toke a picture with Hollyhock.

i was really glad to see tina back
i thought it odd she didnt notice the coffee was drugged but maybe she did and was trying to warn everyone but instead just kept making those cute bear noises

What's the joke?
Is it that the statue is some 10/10 alpha god while the valet is some manlet?

the fish valet is sad because he works at a restaurant that serves fish

He's not. He was interested in the S3 girl in all ways but sexual, and he seemed interested in the axolotl girl, as well.
Aromantic is quite doubtful.

>the retarded dentist clown plotline
that plot was fantastic

That was back in the flashbacks, how would you know that he'd still hold romantic feelings to Emily in the present in S3? And are you implying that people can't change their preferences later in life?

>I think we can all agree that Todd was definitely the worst character this season, right?
No. he is still one of my favorite character. the hate for him I see make no fucking sense.
> he basically had fuck all to do.
Being funny is enough on its own.

Also, he helped Hollyhock.

>The asexual thing also felt extremely hamfisted
Not really, it's part of his own path. the discussion it lead to with Bojack was also good.

>His lack of understanding about his own sexuality, including the scene where other asexuals needed to literally explain that they can date without having sex, felt more like they wanted to preach to the audience about asexuality rather than flesh out Todd's character.
This is somehting asexual need to have sometimes. Not everyone has it figured out on their own.

>. As an actual asexual this sudden character change felt more like an insult than an inclusion.
This has never been a change. It was there from the start.

How could I not see this?

When it comes to food, the Bojack universe is fundamentally creepy.

Hollyhock is cute as fuck...anyone notice her face structure is more like a miniature pony (high, domed forehead) than a horse? Is that because of human DNA or just for teh kyutz?

i dont know anything about equine features other than the penis and vagina
i tried to look up face pattern genetics since it was weird how hollyhock had a star on her face despite not having sugarman dna, but gave up because it looked too complicated

>i dont know anything about equine features other than the penis and vagina
Isn't that the thing people not interested by horse know the least about?

oh i also know about horse anuses thanks to that one informative pasta
plus i have this extensive pdf on horse shit

I thought you were pointing out how Diane and Courtney were badgered

so many levels
maybe i need to rewatch for a third time
it did feel like there were less background jokes than previous seasons

>Diane and Courtney were badgered
Non-English speaker, there? I that an expression I odn't know about. Or does this mean, getting fucked by a badger, like when Sup Forums says "Blacked"?

"Being badgered" is basically another way of saying "being harassed".

Not one of our most used ones these days, but to "Badger" Is to pester, usually by asking for the same thing repeatedly till it's really annoying. A skill most little children have naturally.

Thanks.

Any faggots that actively try to cross live traffic don't deserve to make it across. I get the reference here, but seeing people do this shit in infuriating.

was it good?

He's gone forever. Just like Judah and Vincent

I'm still kinda miffed she isn't his daughter. Wouldn't you get a partial genetic match for a half-sister?

I also found the whole 'eight dads' thing pretty stupid.

He sees everyone as his pal. That's his problem.

Actually Mr. PB's fault was getting angry over Diane not liking it

I wanna be an architect

Why the fuck did I cry at Bojack's and Hollyhook's birth?

There's something poignant about the fact that the book he poured his entire life into at the expense of his family is just lying molding in a box

>Judah
Please god no. I don't think I'll make it

>I think they're trying to move away from the routine
I kinda think that this is signalling that they're starting to wrap up the show a bit.
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced that Season 5 was the final season.

Season 5 to me feels like it will end on a really gut punching cliff hanger, but Season 6 could be the final one.
At least I don't want next season to be the final one

To be fair she did go on about wanting certain things for herself and not liking big gestures since the first season.

Still doesn't excuse her for flipping out like a crazy woman. Maybe she'll learn to calm down and not walk around like one giant label before the show ends.

>Implying Beatrice is evil
>Implying Hollyhook didn't have the best life because Beatrice knew exactly what was right
>Implying Beatrice didn't save Henrietta from the same pain and agony she went through
>Implying Beatrice isn't the true hero of the show

If they could write off Wanda like she never existed, they sure as hell can make Ralph disappear from the show as well.

To be a little fair on Diane, Mr Peanutbutter also had his share of faults, such as being so oblivously self absorved and impulsive. I think that scene with Diane waiting for him all night at the hotel room while he was taking "shelfies" was meant to draw attention that and to counter balance Diane's later flip out.

Like many have said before, both did bad and their marriage wasn't meant to last.

>tfw the official Bojack Horseman twitter is retweeting artwork by actual furries
lel

I think intent is very important. All he's done, even if it was overblown, was to make her happy. What has she done for him? She's lied about being being in a different country, stayed with a guy who kissed her and tried to sabotage his efforts to become governor. Given that last one is stupid, but that doesn't sound like a supportive girlfriend to me. She cares more about her feminist issue-of-the-week than about Mr. Peanutbutter.

also to be fair Diane recognizes something is wrong on her end in the relationship, so she might move to improve it this coming season

The thing is that's what Diane has been doing all the time. She's been happy or pretending to be happy about his intent and not his gestures, the entire time, but his gestures don't make her happy because ultimately they just symbolize how much they don't understand each other. That's what her entire "I'm tired of squinting" line is about. She knows Mr. PB means well and she can appreciate it at times, she always has to force herself to do it, which is not how a happy relationship should be

bojacks father had mentioned his mother had a diamond like beatrice's when they first meet in the ball room.

if you looked at the clock during that scene he did come home at like 9:17

I'm glad there was a greater focus on the rest of the cast this season. Beatrice's backstory did an amazing job of making her feel like a real character. Time's Arrow is likely one of the best episodes of an animated series I've ever seen.

I think the best part about season 4 is watching it again and picking up on all the foreshadowing peppered throughout the episodes. There's so much that you don't think twice about and write off as a weird joke, but is actually crucial to what's going on. Fuck, it's a great season.

Beatrice did nothing wrong.

Post your face when you realized that Bojack is tripping out in the intro because he drank Bea's coffee.

oh shit

theyre basically talking past each other all the time. on a very basic level theyre both looking for different things. it just doesnt work past a certain point

wait, anyone can post that intro again?

And the thing is, they do genuinely love each other. They're just fundamentally incompatible.

youtu.be/xKUrTwamIx4

Will she call him?

Is it wrong that I think Badger rapist is kinda hot?

I'd be grossed out if he were a human, though.

my aunt and uncle were the same way. they get along great now that theyre divorced but they just cant live together.

opposites only attract for so long.

Damn, I never noticed this.
I bet this book comes up again at some point and Bojack tries to turn it into a film.

God Courtney Pourtney ia so fucking hot.
Unfortunately I can't find a sexual innuendo that rhymes with Courtney Pourtney. I want to fuck her.

Title sounds like some sort if detectice/police story type.
He might use it to save Philbert which right now is dead at arrival
Please don't say that to PC, Bojack