Is Johns actually building up to something?

Is Johns actually building up to something?
>The term Rebirth was first used in the famous event Crisis On Infinite earths when Wally took over the mantle from Barry Allen as The Flash
>DC Rebirth starts with Wally West coming back into the DC universe
>From of Rebirth it refers to watches and time
>This is a reference to Doctor Manhattan's past as a watch maker
>But the stopped clock could have also been foreshadowing Wally's future time stop powers
>The new Flash cannon has Prof Zoom modeling his costume after Wally's after seeing Barry give Wally the watch and Prof Zoom is also the first person to meet Doc Manhattan
>Time being stolen is the main theme of rebirth and Wally's current arc
>The next new big event is literally called Doomsday clock
Am I looking too much into this or is Johns actually being a good writer right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1mH0DROQM
comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/geraldthesloth/blog/dc-batman-theory-massive-spoilers/51773/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Everything is leading up to the rebirth of time.

Geoff Johns has always been a good writer, at least when he actually cares enough about what he's writing. He loves continuity and consistency and connectivity in the same way Grant Morrison does. There's a reason that early Hypercrisis threads focused on Johns's work as well as Morrison's, it's because both of them make extensive usage of the rich history of DC comics.

This is also forgetting the fact that
>Zoom (Wally's Arch) entire motivation as a character was that he wanted Wally to lose everything
>He wanted Wally to lose his kids, his wife, his friends
>This has literally all happened
>Zoom's power was to stop time
>This is the exact same power Wally now has

youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1mH0DROQM

That sounds hype but it is always more logical to assume huge coincidence that expect competent writing.

I really hope they don't bring him back. It would be far cooler to have The Question take his place in discovering shit out.

That's what we're seeing in the covers with Batman reading Rorshach's journal.

Outside of Manhattan, I hope Doomsday Clock is all about the characters investigating who the Watchmen were and what their world was like.

>a world with only one super hero

Hypercrisis

Bump

If you write the same shit over and over again it's not hard to make connections.

>If you write the same shit over and over again it's not hard to make connections.
This. Case in point.

Please kill yourself

>comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/geraldthesloth/blog/dc-batman-theory-massive-spoilers/51773/

It might also be significant that Wally was (i think) the first Flash to steal speed.

All stories that centre around heroic protagonists are exactly the same at their core.

Doomsday clock is about superman tho, so wally might not even be a main character. But it is also set a year in the future so who knows what has happened between then.

>if you can't blind them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit -- the blog post
Sad.

It was always meant to be

>s Johns actually building up to something?

Yeah, one big drawn out wet fart.
Are you hyped?

It's worth noting that Rebirth is replacing New 52 continuity with Pre-Flashpoint stuff quietly and without big announced fanfare. Like how the flesh on your head recedes from being a goose egg into getting back in line.
Mr. Miracle is one obvious example (before this he was all Earth-2'd), but Captain Marvel's been shown in his classic costume lately, as well as being referred to as such in an interview with Scott Snyder.

For your butthurt? Yep.

>Wally is actually Zoom

>Johns sets Wally up for a solo comic written by Johns
I know this will never happen again but i can hope.
>This is actually a reference to Johns going back in time and getting Younger Mark Waid to write it

I am pretty sure Doomsday clock will have a lot of characters in it besides Supes though.

>The Return of Wally West

People give Johns shit because his stories don't have much meaning relating to life outside of comics, but his work is phenomenal in the formal and thematic sense.
I won't argue that Johns stories are anything more than pleasing aesthetic objects, but it takes real skill to make something pleasing even if its meaningless.

> Wally's arch enemy has time alteration power
> all zoom wanted was wally to go through tragedy and experience dark shit

if they miss the opportunity of using Hunter, Wally's story will be a waste.

Once in a while, I am reminded this exists, and I think of Alan Moore, and I finally understand his rage.
I've always though he was over the top, when he was actually right.

NO, YOU STUPID FUCKER, DON'T YOU DARE SAY THAT

I MIGHT ACTUALLY GET MORE VIC SAGE STORIES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN LIKE 30 YEARS, IF THEY RUIN HIM BY TURNING HIM INTO THE JLU VERSION or even worse, having rorschach become.the question I WILL KILL MYSELF

what are some good Question recommendations?

The real question here is why didn't you like the JLU Question?

Read O'Neil's run, it's really good. The only flaw is that it has 80s art. And also that the trades can be really fucking expensive for some reason

I do like him, but he's extremely bland in comparison and not nearly as interesting as Vic. The worst part is that people think that's what The Question is actually like, since that show had a much wider reach than the O'Neil run or even the older charlton stuff, to be fair.

Denny O'Neil's run is literally the only time Question has ever been worth reading.

DC writers don't have that much forethought.

>we will never get proper another Question ongoing
it hurts

another proper*

>Is Johns actually building up to something?

Yes. Very obviously in fact. The only question is if it's to something good

When the fuck did Wally get time-stopping powers?
>>The new Flash cannon has Prof Zoom modeling his costume after Wally's after seeing Barry give Wally the watch and Prof Zoom is also the first person to meet Doc Manhattan
Also what the fuck does literally any of this mean?
I know I've been falling behind on Rebirth but I didn't think I missed this much shit
Holy fucking christ

Alan used the creations of other writers his entire career. He can fuck off

Wally and co went into the past chasing Deathstroke. He stabbed Wally's past self in the heart.

Future Wally h as a pacemaker and when he pushes himself time stops.

And then he died