Summer calls Jerry a "closet racist and beta-male sexist" for wanting to break up with his alien girlfriend who just...

Summer calls Jerry a "closet racist and beta-male sexist" for wanting to break up with his alien girlfriend who just wants to hunt other aliens all the time.

I knew Dan Harmon (the creator) was super libtard in interviews and on twitter, but didn't think he'd let it affect the show.

Since when is breaking up with someone over different habits/needs racist and sexist?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!png1DA5T!sCDWd-CGltC8anN27MN9XX-F6ic4HPFlikXqtkRUmsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

user, Jerry is meant to suffer and he will probably kill himself in the future, fucking this ridiculous unforgivable and unworthy of any respect or pity family up in ways that Rick wont be able to heal.

I think the racist thing was about how he kept complaining about her funny head.

But she's a blue alien, it's a human thing to do, as fucking racist as it is.

triggered bitch gets personally offended over something a cartoon character said to another cartoon character, makes a thread about it on Sup Forums expecting hugbox replies general thread #32403247

That'd make him more vapid then racist.
That's like saying 'I don't find overweight people attractive' racist. How does that work?

i've never seen this show but did they actually say "beta male". if so then that just cements my decision never to watch it ever

Is Summer supposed to be right though?

It was very on the nose. He fucking despises you people, at least twice as much as you hated this episode or the show in general. Kinda dragged things down a bit honestly, hopefully he got that out of his system by sacrificing an already weak B plot to it.

This website says it all the time, whats it to you that a cartoon for redditors says it?

>"You shouldn't be allowed to criticize anything!"
My noggin is joggin'

She's an idiot who uses buzzwords because she can't make an intelligent argument to explain her point without them.

You know, like you.

I find it amazing that you idiots keep spamming these threads every single hour about how much you can't separate what a character says and the opinion of the writer. The most ridiculous thing any one character says must represent what the writers would say or think.

Just fuck off back to Sup Forums please.

it's just sad that this kind of scummy language that's only used by subhumans is appearing in mainstream media

>it's just sad that this kind of scummy language that's only used by subhumans

user, take a step back. Your upset over a cartoon.

"Racism" would imply genetic similarities. It would technically more species'ist or something. But that's still a natural reaction for a human to make (and Jerry got past it to fuck her anyways).

But the only good Xenos is a dead one, anyways. Suffer not the xenos.

To be fair, that's kinda the norm now for Summer.

Modern politics have ruined literally every single current adult cartoon. I give no shits about politics. Support whatever the fuck you want, but can't we just have cool shit for once instead of having to use EVERYTHING as a platform to push an agenda?

I find it amazing that you're this retarded. Go watch one minute of that drunken rant where he said that a third of the country are literal nazis.

He legit ragged on her alien (aka racial) features, and says plenty harmless but sexist stuff all the time

not to mention he is the exact caricature of a beta male

Summer was right

I mean desu beta males need to wake up. They are ruining dating for all of us. Bitches expect you to be a doormat now because so many guys have set that standard.

>user, stop discussing cartoons on Sup Forums, the board dedicated to discussing comics and cartoons
So this is what Reddit damage control looks like

People can't separate their personal lives from their professional ones. Anyway,that shit was completely unnecessary and didn't add to the whole Jerry thing. Also I'm pretty sure that Beth is gone too. Season 4 is in the toilet but ain't nothing else on AS that ain't a rerun or made by Tim Heidecker.

Does Sup Forums ever get tired of calling anyone who doesn't like their shitty cartoons Sup Forums?

She is because Jerry is constantly dragging people around him into shit because he won't take responsibility for himself and his actions or lack of action.

Why should those kids make excuses for their father's shitty behavior?

Well, Morty agrees with her, and then Jerry consigns himself to her probably being right, so... probably?

He's already talked shit about Sup Forums in interviews, even while sitting next to Justin, who praised it.

Do you understand who Dan Harmon is, or are you just assuming shit

Why is everyone taking the dialogue in this episode at face value? This is a "new low" moment for Jerry, getting bullied by his own children, not some meta commentary on his character. As other anons have pointed out, Jerry has never been portrayed as racist/sexist.

Oh so you're just one of this idiots who's triggered by that shit too easily and so you shit on the show because a guy behind it said stupid shit on the internet.

You're like the SJWs who bitch about some media because the creator is "problematic" in their very strict opinion and therefore that makes the show just as bad.

Can you fuck off back to Sup Forums with the politics? We talk about cartoons here.

Are we just going to forget that Jerry was calling the kids racist during dinner while projecting his own issues with his xeno gf onto them?

no, he's a beta-male for not being able to break up with her. the closet racist and sexist thing is how concerned he is about not offending anyone.

the fact that he then turned around and said the same thing about the kids to her.. is what was actually fucked. though they're pretty fucked too
Morty has like no shits to give about anyone anymore. This is not the kid who wanted to go on a fantasy adventure and help everyone out

News flash, anyone who brings up race is a racist. If someone's skin color is the thing you gravitate to about them you are racist.

last time i checked the opposite was true. has it finally changed? can we get a date now?

>Oh so you're just one of this idiots who's triggered by that shit too easily and so you shit on the show because a guy behind it said stupid shit on the internet.
If their political opinions manifest into the show, then it's fair to criticize the writers for doing so. Nonetheless, even if those opinions weren't of the creators, it is still shitty writing.

>You're like the SJWs who bitch about some media because the creator is "problematic" in their very strict opinion and therefore that makes the show just as bad.
If the piece of media was completely separate of the creator's political opinions then you'd be right. Like with Fez.

That's only further implication that he's meant to be seen as a racist, and it isn't just an empty callback of Summer putting him down. If he calls them racist but isn't actually saying racist things, there's no joke.

But he was saying racist things about the alien.

>News flash, anyone who brings up race is a racist.
So if I report a crime to the police and identify the perpetrator by their race I'm a racist?

She's calling him those things because he got into the relationship in the first place, not for trying to break up with her - indeed, precisely because he cannot break up with her without using his kids as a weak excuse that lets him exit without acknowledging his faults. "Closet racist" doesn't really need explaining, it's played for laughs within the episode, but "beta-male sexist" is a little more incisive; it's a shot at Jerry for using a powerful woman as a prop to bolster his own self-image. It's a terribly common thing to do - both men and women do it, although women are accused of being leeches or gold-diggers instead of sexist, and it's understandable, but it is still a shitty way to treat someone. I think what bothers people most about Jerry is that he reflects their own failings and he's mocked pitilessly for them. He's no monster, he's just weak in a variety of wholly common ways, and that's why the show tears into him so viciously - because it's a show with self-hatred at its core, and Jerry embodies all the things we hate about ourselves.

ur a jerry

>mfw see this on front page of Sup Forums
>click on Sup Forums
>same exact fucking thread at the top of the page

It's a consequence you have when you make your comedy show into preachy trash. Jerry is a shit character, so we must automatically assume that anyone like him is a shit person. If you're making your show into a soapbox, obviously people will start taking lines, especially the confrontational ones, more seriously. >We talk about cartoons here.
You're right, which makes your lashing out at anyone who criticizes the show by telling them to "go back to Sup Forums" all the more patchetic.

You are identifying an individual so no. Now if you meet someone and you the most heavily associated thing to you is that black or that white guy then yes.

You became a racist the second you tried to report a crime to the police

>He doesn't get the joke
>Satire is too complex for him to digest

>If their political opinions manifest into the show, then it's fair to criticize the writers for doing so. Nonetheless, even if those opinions weren't of the creators, it is still shitty writing.
What political opinions are being expressed here?

he wasn't, really
he was saying she didn't like her looks, not that her species is dumb
if anything, Jerry is much more shallow than racist

A male African American about 6 feet tall wearing a red shirt and yellow hat, dark blue jacket, on foot.
VS
A goddamn nigger just ran out my house

Like... the fact that her head is shaped weirdly? That's not racist, that's just shallow and petty at most.

>What political opinions are being expressed here?
Oh, it's not that I think anything is political, that user mentioned politics.

>t-the writers are just pretending to be retarded, 4d chess you guys haha

>It's a consequence you have when you make your comedy show into preachy trash. Jerry is a shit character, so we must automatically assume that anyone like him is a shit person. If you're making your show into a soapbox
In what way is it a preachy soapbox? What is the political or social message that so offends you?
>obviously people will start taking lines
Ah, I see. Cocaine does tend to make people irrational.

Then you have to back away from the claim that "anyone who brings up race is a racist," because that is too fucking broad to be used consistently.

>Satire is too complex
>Rick and Morty
Top kek

First admit youre racist

If youre too retarded to understand the difference between using race as an identifier in a crime vs viewing someone's race as a defining trait then you can't be helped anyway.

>Beth was a literal child psychopath and as an adult can't bring herself to say sorry to someone she trapped in another world where he would be forced to rape and eat babies to survive.
>"You're not evil, you're smart."

>Jerry goes through a standard "oh boy this relationship is getting too extreme" story and projects not liking his ayy lmao gf's head onto his kids
>CLOSET RACIST BETA-MALE SEXIST SOLVE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS WE WANTED TO LIVE WITH MOM MORE

Why did the show mean by this?

Stop moving the fucking. The original claim was "anyone who brings up race is a racist." That is completely different from saying "anyone who views someone's race as a defining trait is racist."

>they're attacking my beliefs and I have to defend myself.
Pathetic that you think someone would make a show just to prove how retarded you are when you do it just fine every time you open your mouth

All the main characters are assholes.

Stop moving the fucking goalposts*

t. Mysoginist

I was really disappointed by the resolution of Beth's plot. It was a great opportunity for the show to point out "hey, maybe being smart isn't worth all that much if you're a joyless fuck who spreads misery everywhere you go," but instead we got a pointless hypothetical situation that seemed to go nowhere.

Beth is a woman and Jerry is a man.

You know exactly what the show meant by it.

Stop fucking the moving posts*

Link fag

It was a weak episode overall, which is why the Sup Forums bullshit pisses me off. There was a real problem with clunky dialogue and repetitive tell-not-showing crap but that criticism will be lost under the identity politics shitposts.

>"Racism" would imply genetic similarities. It would technically more species'ist or something.
Potato, potahto.
>But that's still a natural reaction for a human to make (and Jerry got past it to fuck her anyways).
Fuck you, that beta bitch was gonna try to get her to wear a goddamn bag over her head, fucker didn't know what he had, I wish I could even FIND a girl with blue skin.

So if a homosexual person used a powerful someone of their own gender to bolster their own self-image, it would be sexist?

But OP, in this scene Summer is clearly in the wrong and taking things too far.

Jerry actually is in the right and has moral high ground for just playing along with her bullshit as to not intensify a pointless argument (they all agreed that the breakup had to occur).

Jerry did all of the right moves, Summer's rant and bitch attitude only further validates him this scene.

okay harmond, you stated your opinion, now let the grownups analize your drawing.

This

Fucking post the moving goalstop!

>now let the grownups analize your drawing.
This should be a banner

>Lying to your daughter and using her and your son as scapegoats for your own decisions is doing the right thing
I take solace in the fact you'll never have children, user.

This thread is dildos

am right

Kids grow up and get prissy. What's the point at arguing with an adolescent?

Sometimes the best thing to do is to let them fuck up and shit up on their own and let life give the lessons.

Also, Jerry fucked up in attempting the breakup but then did it in the end without revoking or walking back from it after the fact... Gotta admit that Jerry's made progress. Now if it'll last, that's the question.

I agree, I think it was a misstep all around, both to make Jerry relapse into abject wimipness and for Summer to call him out on it in that way

The episode lacked class and delicacy, overall

Probably in the case of a lesbian couple. I'm thinking of the scene in Watchmen where Joey rips up her girlfriend's feminist literature and says that she just wants to screw her because she's pretty; I'd say that fits the bill. I think in the absence of women "sexist" usually doesn't get thrown around, but a similar scene with a gay couple is easy to imagine.

We got the next season of Venture Brothers in a few years. Aint so bad.

Yes, yes we are. We're also going to forget that Jerry had to learn about his incompatability with the hunting lifestyle the hard way because he thought Kiara's culture was a joke and didn't bother to learn about it before FUCKING SOULBONDING

>Beta male
Way to perpetuate toxic masculinity, Summer.

Can I get a Mega for this episode, you guys?

Or, where does one find Megas for episodes often?

Whats the matter trumplet, angry cause drumpf is going to get impeached?

>in a few years
A year and a month, maybe a year and two months.

>It was a great opportunity for the show to point out "hey, maybe being smart isn't worth all that much if you're a joyless fuck who spreads misery everywhere you go,"
You didnt pick that up from season 1? How fucking retarded are you?

mega.nz/#!png1DA5T!sCDWd-CGltC8anN27MN9XX-F6ic4HPFlikXqtkRUmsw

It's a theme, you dipshit. Themes are meant to be revisited and presented in different contexts. In this case, the context of Beth looking to Rick for validation only to find that he's full of shit would have been a moment which revealed more about both characters and the nature of their relationship. If you don't see the wasted potential there, you're the fucking retard.

the idea of Jerry leaving screwing up the family would be interesting

>Rick decides to fix Jerry and Beth's marriage because reasons
>Creates super elaborate Parent Trap scheme that hinges on the kids being in danger or whatever
>but he watched Parent Trap drunk and built the first thing that came to mind
>the kids are completely apathetic and the trap is clearly half-assed
>as a result Jerry realizes his kids don't actually love him and that that was the only reason he bothered sticking around
>Jerry just says fuck it and goes MGTOW
>Episode ends with Rick being very annoyed his scheme failed and bickering with Morty and Summer while Beth is drinking herself to death in the corner

i imagine the next season would have Jerry turn into a complete degenerate hedonist who spouts off lines you'd expect to hear from reddit. have him literally wear a fedora

She is because Jerry is constantly dragging people around him into shit because he won't take responsibility for himself and his actions or lack of action.
But that's Rick...

because assuming everything characters say is supposed to be 100% true is the easiest way to shitpost about a show

>hurr durr people aren't smart enough to know why they dislike something

It's ok to admit it user, you're just another Jerry who wishes he was Rick, like the rest of us.

>Since when is breaking up with someone over different habits/needs racist and sexist?
He did make a lot of weird, unnecessary allusions to how "Morty and Summer" were freaked out by her head.

Plus, she's a bitch and probably taking his shit more seriously than necessarily.

Just like everyone retard here bitching about what she said.

Just go to Sup Forums you fucking mong.

Which was more him just being stupid than racist. It was certainly racist to say, but Jerry's pretty much so fucking stupid and pathetic he'd probably make himself look like a total scumbag while trying to garner sympathy, or in the case of his children having doubts of his new relationship, project problems that they didn't have so he'd feel superior.

Holy shit Quints!