Why did DC shoot their selves in the foot by making this trash?

This was the beginning of the end for superman. So fucking sad

Can you be more specific?

I feel like this comic started the superman hate we get now. So DC essentially made their character less popular.

No it didn't. Man of steel probably started it or at least reinforced the idea.

I don't blame creators for readers and writers being retarded. Powerlevel fags and elseworlds=fact dags need to die

But it did though

>powerlevel fags
if there were strict powerlevels, shit like that wouldnt happen

DC's direct to video stuff is horrible garbage. Yes, even the ones that you like.

That's a very compelling argument.

Please. The Vietnam War was the beginning of the end for Superman.

Superman should have stayed dead after he fought Doomsday

Any actual reasons or just because you say so?

You don't even get a (You)

No, it didn't. The hate started because he got really stale with nothing interesting going with him.

>40,000 floppies monthly
>seven hundred million at the box office
>hundreds of millions in licensing revenue
>shoot their selves in the foot

The fools! The foolish fools!

Late 80s cynicism

>the movie
Casual detected

You know DKR is from the 80s, right?

t. powerlevel fag

Well, it certainly has been for the past 10 years or so.

Pretty sure the actual Superman movies are to blame for that.

Batfags are cancer

Miller is a talentless hack who got very lucky and has been coasting on this even more than numerous other no-talent POSs

@95607241
You probably should kill yourself. No (you) for you.

Seconding this proposal.

He is not wrong though

>Batfags are cancer
So true

Defending your own post won't fool anyone

@95608579
He is, even if you hate Miller and TDKR he wrote stuff of similar quality after it. If you unironically believe that TDKR was shit, but believe that Year One, Born Again, Sin City, Martha Washington, Big Guy and Rusty and Hard Boiled are so much worse, you probably have brain damage

Because DC is sucking Frank Millers dick, and let him finally ruin Superman with the new Superman Year One

>Ruins your delusion

t. seething batfag

you have garbage taste, grow up freind

Just because someone doesn't like what you like? How do you cope in life?

Superman fans have amuch harder time with reality, as is made clear by thus thread.

>mfw every time I reread Dark Knight Returns
I'll go ahead and review TDKR now. Film noir is brought to the pages of comics in glorious splendor by Miller. We learn what goes on in a Gotham without Batman.
Dick won't talk to Bruce any more. Both Two Face and the Joker use Dr. Wolper respectively to leave Arkham and raise hell. By the end of the story, Batman has Gotham's biggest gang backing him and takes on a God. With Oliver Queen's help, Batman puts away Superman.
8/10 book.

>got very lucky
Wanna know how I know you don't read comics?

Leave Superman to me

one of the few times I've find a stealthpost acceptable.

once is enough

that has nothing to do with whether or not user is a batfag. If you think TDKR is his best or only good work you sincerely don't know a fucking thing about comic books.

That's a pretty weak review, user. You're not going to mention any themes, or the emotions this work elicited from you? This barely qualifies as a review. You just mention some things that happened. Lazy shit.

>You just mention some things that happened.
the IGN method of review.

How long will it be before Android 17 can match that transformation

Yeah, no. Eat shit, weeb.

I've always disliked superman and enjoy watching him job

I love it when they blame it on a single comic. If everybody loved Superman, the comic would've failed. It worked, and it's still popular because everybody likes to see that faggot getting his ass kicked. Deal with it.

The only people who hate Superman are casuals.

Did super man crippled green arrows arm? And why would super man l kill his friend just because the president tells him to?

I know this is bait or OP is a characterfag from one of those shitty sites like CBR, plebbit or Tumblr, but this is what Superfags actually believe. Superman has been dead because DC has never known what to do with him other than pandering to nostalgiafags without nostalgia and putting mediocre writers on his book.

There have always been plenty of people who disliked Superman for various reasons, the most common ones being that they think he's overpowered or bland.

Personally, the Dark Knight Returns made me like Superman for the first time in years

I guess the thing with green Arrow's arm's implied to be Superman's fault, though I doubt he'd deliberately destroy it. There's plenty of wriggle room for how GA could've been crippled in a confrontation.

And Superman wasn't there to kill Batman, he just wanted to bring him in

this is just a summary, not a review

The movie wasn't THAT bad

:^)

My man, I have been collecting comics since 94 or so and no one ever liked Superman since then. They had to turn him into an electricity cool dude to try to sell him.
He's probably more popular now that he was during the 90's and 2000's.

>collecting comics
Unless you own a comic book store, or have the kind of collection that contains like, amazing fantasy 15 or something, fuck this. Nobody likes collectors.

bitch what the fuck else am I supposed to call the sizable group of comic books I've bought

Get that stick out of your ass, yes?

I mean I guess it technically is a collection in the same way you have a collection of silverware in your kitchen, but nobody calls it that.

>no one calls a collection a collection
were you born stupid or did you hit your head

I think it's safe to say there's a difference between having a collection and collecting comic books, considering one of them is an actual hobby engaged in by people who like throwing away money.

The silverware is necessary for eating. Comics have no value other than entertainment, so if you have a bunch of them because you casually buy them, what else would you call that.

you could say the same of people who just buy comics they want to read

Autism levels have reached maximum

we're reached a new low

>And why would super man l kill his friend just because the president tells him to?
Because superheros have been outlawed, the public will not tolerate vigilantism anymore.
All the heroes agreed to retire or return to their homes lest they be hunted down and killed.
Superman works for the government because it is the only way he will be allowed to continue saving lives...
DKR Superman is a fucking hero who sacrificed his free will to save people.

Read his narration...

>casuals
You mean 99% of the world population

im talking about the idea that superman is lame fuckboi with no personality who is overpowered.

I think that Zack Snyder's interpretation of Superman has hurt the character's brand, because the DCEU movies are the most recent and definitely the most viewed version of the character. Whether you think that Snyder's a secret genius or a hack, I think that we can probably agree that the way Clark comes across to those that don't look too deeply at films is that he's boring, broody, and overpowered with little personality. Before BvS, WB didn't allow Superman to appear in Supergirl on the CW, and after BvS, WB allowed Superman to both appear on Supergirl and be beaten by Supergirl and explicitly say that she was stronger than him at full strength. Maybe WB was going to let Superman on Supergirl's show regardless of how BvS went, but I do think it's telling.

no I actually think TDKR is his weaker story. I am a big fan of his other shit.

This

How deluded can you get?

>WB allowed Superman to both appear on Supergirl and be beaten by Supergirl and explicitly say that she was stronger than him at full strength
Fucking hell. Good thing I never watched that trash

what movie is his anyway? i dont remember seeing it

Anyone who read the book and hated Superman was a.not paying attention b.a retard or c.both

Some people hated it because he was out of character.

As far as CW superhero shows go, I'd say Supergirl is behind Arrow but above "The Flash" and LoT in terms of quality. But yeah, it was a really ridiculous episode that had Superman say to Supergirl "I'm in awe of you Kara". I don't think that would've happened if BvS hadn't tanked Superman's brand.

No because you can't recognize someone with genuine skill in the comic medium. Who are your favorite artists user?

Then why did you agree with the idea that he coasted on TDKR for the rest of his career and call someone a seething batfag for saying the other work is good? Do you actually have brain damage like said?

But he wasn't. He saved the world and all of his loved ones when he became Reagan's lackey, and he continued to save it (see saving everyone from the nuke, something Batman didn't even attempt to stop). And if you read the Sequels he does rebel against the government and they show you that he basically had no other choice, because Brainiac was holding Kandor and the USA hostage essentially.

I didn't though. I agreed that batfags are cancer

He ripped out green arrow's arm

He also killed Zod and his cronies. I'm also pretty sure he heat visioned it off.

Nah bad runs made that happen.

Maybe you should have specified that mongo, since there was a totally retarded second half of the post you agreed to.

Yeah my bad

Shit, Miller made his return at least as fucking Hype as Batman's, and in fewer pages. I still remember the cute reporter who kept on cheekily making references to the Fleischer intro.

Don't think Clark would willingly use Heat Vision on another person, much less a fellow Cape like Ollie.

He would if not doing it meant that Ollie would be gassed by the government.

yeah, it was probably the first time I'd been impressed by Superman's powers in a comic

Batfags buy comics, hence they matter more.