Does Sup Forums like this show more than Steven Universe?

Does Sup Forums like this show more than Steven Universe?

Its complicated. They'll say it is but still give SU 10x more attention when it actually realeases shit.

They're both shit. Last great cartoon was Gravity Falls. Probably indefinitely given what's been happening in the industry.

yes or no whatever answer you wanted to hear

I would say Sup Forums likes and hates them equally, Star is much newer than SU after all, Star only has 2 seasons so far and it was pretty much ignored for its entire first season, the show didn't really pick up until season 2

Umm bojack, Rick and Morty, and vb are still airing, and that mlp movie comes out soon too

>incestfag

pssh oh please

how do you figure GF was great? Did it even have a single good season? Season 1 was filled with like a dozen awful Dipper wants to fuck Wendy but she is too old for him episodes and Mabel is a brat but gets her way episodes and then season 2 was even worse

it was a good show, but it might not even be top 10 cartoons of the decade

I like both. I just like Steven Universe more because Steven is really cute and he's the MC, and there's plenty of other cute guys too. Marco is also really cute but doesn't have much going for his character at all.

I think the best way to put it would be that its highs are better than Steven Universe's lows.

Why does this board have so many fags ffs

I don't like SU and I'm not too fond of Star.

SU started good, which means people stick with it in hopes it will be that good again. Star took a season to pick up, So its easier to drop

Sup Forums is short for cock you dummy.

Are you kidding me? Every episode of GF was practically perfect. The stuff you're talking about was ridiculously fun to explore in the tongue-in-cheek way the writers did it, helped along by the brilliant dialogue of course. (BTW Mabel is a great character, sure I have some nitpicks here and there but I have those for pretty much every character in every show I watch. In fact I would argue that Dipper was far more selfish than her in season 1, though that dynamic definitely reversed in season 2.)

Season 2 was significantly better than season 1 because of the plot getting much more of a focus, but in terms of episodic writing quality season 1 was incredibly solid too.

It's the best cartoon, ever. Period. And shows from the 2000s are the closest competition, so I doubt there will be anything like it any time soon.

>99% sure this is bait but in the past year I have found that assuming people can't actual be as stupid as they seem to be and must be joking is often wrong and it just turns out most people are way dumber than I think they are

your delusional, but so I'm not just calling you names I will point out that Dipper and Mabel are both selfish, this is not a problem

the problem is that Dipper is selfish and he gets punished for it, but Mabel is selfish and she gets rewarded for it

also if you think a dozen episodes of Alex spilling his spaghetti over Faust marrying McCracken instead of him is fun then you have shitty taste. If they wanted to be subtle or reserved it could have been good and there were one or two good episodes on the topic but most of those get ruined by the next time it gets brought up, and honestly the whole thing was ruined when we learn Wendy is only two years older than Dipper in the first place, which even at that age isn't much, which makes you wonder why the whole thing was framed as a age issue instead of just Wendy not liking Dipper that way instead of using age as an excuse?

I can understand keeping up with a show you're already invested in after it gets worse, but why drop Star when it's only gotten better?

>also if you think a dozen episodes of Alex spilling his spaghetti over Faust marrying McCracken instead of him is fun then you have shitty taste.
>says I'm baiting
Pot calling the kettle black much?

>the problem is that Dipper is selfish and he gets punished for it, but Mabel is selfish and she gets rewarded for it
Not really, she does get treated a little better sometimes but that's just realistic - girls almost always get treated better than guys. The extent of this is overblown by Mabel (and Hirsch) haters like yourself though.

The rest of your autistic rant is difficult to even comprehend, let alone respond to.

Sup Forums likes Star Vs. more than SU. It's literally our flagship cartoon right now. There's a lot riding on its success.
>cuck fetish
>bug fetish
>magical girls fetish
>multiverse fetish
>Trapco fetish
>cinnamon fetish
>table fetish
>heterosexual vanilla intercourse fetish
>on-model fetish
>autism fetish
>sexy Nefcy fetish
>the list goes on
SU can't compete. If Star Vs. crashes and burns like Gravity Falls and Samurai Jack did, all hope will be lost forever.

I really wish I could unread that

Gravity Falls was strictly inferior to Mystery Incorporated so you don't have a point.

>>table fetish
Look more than half of these are just thread memes. Saying svtfoe is a flagship show is a bit too much... but it's up there with the rest.

>all hope will be lost forever.
oh fuckin get over yourself

Star vs has Dies Irae.

Hey man, there's a lot more to the show than what makes my dick happy.
But that does help.

I like both of them but I've had a falling out with SU, not exactly sure but there's just not much pizzazz now. Thought homeworld would make things interesting but then they virtually remove 70% of the risk being in homeworld had with the universe in Lars and Lions hair (which makes sense that they took that route since they brought it up, it would've been irritating to watch Steven be willfully ignorant of such a thing for even the remainder of that episode, let alone more than that,) but 90+% of whatever bullshit Steven magic makes Lars nearly/more/as durable as Lion. Also I just really did not appreciate Smoky Quartz nor her extremely retarded, forgettable, and cringefully ham-fisted arc, along with all the constant crying.

SU isn't a bad show by any standards but it makes me say, "Really? You did that again?" so very often. Star isn't perfect either, the animation quality alone in season 1 really put me off from wanting to watch it (for the rest of that day, at least.) One episode was just absolutely abhorrently lazy and filled to the brim with errors. Fortunately it's been given a lot more love recently and I've always enjoyed the character interactions, something that's refreshing that's found in DXD shows, at least from my POV. Might be kind of LOL RANDUMB but the tumblr humor found in SU is a pretty tired schtick. Not Sup Forums, it's just the toned-down gay space rock shenanigans have been exhausted for me.

One may be better than the other objectively, dunno it's pretty late and I'm tired, but one is fresh while the other one has gone through so many god damn episodes. I haven't even kept up since Lars got resurrected/SDCC, have there even been any new episodes?

>and that mlp movie comes out soon too
Psh, it's not even going to be nearly as good as the Dofus movie. Or Mutafukaz.

I like both shows but I like SU more because I feel the characters in SU are more interesting.
Everyone in Star feels just a little bit too "perfect" if you ask me.
Everyone in SU feel kind of like real people
I just don't get the same feeling in Star.

>implying memes aren't generated by repressed sexual urges
>implying hope isn't a function of the libido

>Everyone in Star feels just a little bit too "perfect" if you ask me.
>Everyone in SU feel kind of like real people, I just don't get the same feeling in Star.
Well that sure is an opinion
I mean yeah Star Vs has a "tighter" cast, they don't go out of their way to give depth to characters who aren't really going somewhere, as shows like SU and Adventure Time do.
But there's definitely a core cast of at least half a dozen characters who've gotten strong character arcs/development, especially through Season 2. Ludo spent the whole first season as a generic joke villain, but after the shit he's gone through since then, I'm more attached to him than anyone in SU.

You may actually be retarded.
MI is good but nowhere near GF level, the writing is nowhere near as sharp and the characterization is a joke in comparison.

I've been noticing that most people who argue this just seem to irrationally hate GF's ending. Are you one of them?

get out Freud nobody cares go fuck your mom lol

You may actually be autistic.
GF isn't bad but nowhere near MI level, the writing is nowhere near as smart and the characterization is trash in comparison.

I've been noticing that some people who argue this just seem to irrationally hate MI's beginning. Are you one of them?

Not bad, user, not bad! However:
>SDMI
>smart writing
The really "smart" writing was the bigger plot, but in between that you had to suffer through episode after episode of fluff, sometimes rather cringey. Not the case with Gravity Falls, which had brilliant episodic AND continuous writing.
>the characterization is trash in comparison
MI had flanderized characters, in some cases horribly so. GF had NO flanderized characters whatsoever. End of story on this specific point.
>I've been noticing that some people who argue this just seem to irrationally hate MI's beginning. Are you one of them?
No, in fact I'm somewhat miffed they dropped the Shaggy/Velma romance later on because haters whined. The problems I'm talking about were spread throughout the series.

Well, Sup Forums is full of waifufags and all of SU waifus are kinda shitty so...

Steven Universe is more interesting and has a lot more going on, but Star Vs is more fun. I enjoy them both.

>he hasn't seen the movie

I prefer the other episodic show with a consistent, overarching plot. The competently animated one with the cuter MC and better villains, that didn't sacrifice quality for the sake of looking artsier. The one that had better songs and redemption arcs, that was actually humorous and didn't have character relationships pulled out of a generic teen drama. Why couldn't you save it, Sup Forums?

Any MEGA links for S3 of Star vs?

They're both average.

Star is pretty fun to watch, Steven is just annoying

They may seem perfect, but they still have their issues. The first season is pretty much a fun one, but the second season tackles defaults of almost all the characters and develop them. Star herself went from over hyperactive to someone who actually think and consider other people before acting.

>MLP movie

you mean the one that will bomb at the box office because people are going to shy away from a "little girls" movie?

you mean the one that looks like the most generic fantasy adventure movie and has a super edgy black and red deviantart OC as the villain?

yeah

"great"

I have only seen a few episodes of SU and I have yet to form a solid opinion of it, on the other hand I have seen around 7 episodes from Star Vs. season 1 and it's pretty good I'd say, better than SU or at least more entertaining. I actually have high hopes for Star Vs.

WoY is unironically what I think is the best Disney Channel cartoon.

>bronies
>shy away

We all know they did worse

>SU
>Not subpar at best
Wrong opinion

I'll watch Star if it's on but SU doesn't interest me at all.

WoY and Gumball are the best recent cartoons

Literally the only thing wrong with the fanbase is Jackiefags

I like literal feces more than Steven Trannyverse

Why?

Because they worship the blandest character on the show

Why do you care? And why do you so toxic and agressive?

Rural and suburban retards watch Steven Universe.
High IQ city folk prefer Star vs the Forces of Evil.

Why not both?

Because they're treating her like she should get an equal amount of focus with Starco, which is the central tenet of the whole goddamn show. It's pretty fucking obvious that she's nothing but a stepping stone and was only given the bare minimum amount of personality to be passable as a love rival. Yet people are attached to her because "oh she doesn't deserve this, she's too precious, they need to address this" (which they only really say because she's hot). They're in denial of her not being in the intro, chalking her up as either being the villain or some important character with her own side arc in season 3, when there is absolutely no indication of that happening.
Both Star and Marco really don't give that much of a shit about her as a person. Everyone needs to fucking move on.

Even Adam fucking hates her.

> Because they're treating her like she should get an equal amount of focus with Starco
It is not a problem by any means. But your provocative shitposting is.

this 100%
can't just ever have a character serve their purpose and be done, no, they have to be more just because they're hot
I look forward to every moment that Star, Marco, Janna, Tom, Pony Head, and Kelly hang out on screen without that slutty blond waste of space

Jackie is a nice girl.

Who is just nice. And rides a skateboard once in a while. She's nice. And that's all.

It is so a problem. This is hardly even MARCO'S show. It's Star's show, and as such she is entitled to Marco. Jackie, whose only connection to Star is THROUGH Marco, should be extinguished once Marco is Star's and Star's alone.

Just like with Ferguson and Alfonzo. Marco's whole shitty Earth world and everyone in it (except Janna) will be a thing of the past. We should be able to see Star and Marco go on real adventures now without being bogged down with Earth relationships because that's what we want.

So you do get my point.
Niceness means fucking nothing.
I would take Star 50 times over. I would take Marco 50 times over. Janna and Tom and Pony Head. All of them. Even fucking Kelly. At least she can sword fight and isn't totally defined by "oh look how nice and hot she is".

She's a shitty character, a waste of screentime, and needs to leave ASAP, or at the very least stop being important to the plot.

Starting to sound a bit like that Trixiefag who goes into every FOP thread to cry about Tootie.

Never watched FOP. Just stating what everyone's thinking.

Does anyone particularly crave a Jackie episode? You're lying if you do.

Why not? I would watch even spin-off about her.
> everyone's thinking.
This is too much ego.

>Watch a spinoff about boring hot skateboarder girl
How does it feel living in 2004?

>I would watch even spin-off about her.

I don't hate Jackie but that would be a boring show.

>interracial couple

Is it 2012 again or something? This just comes off as desperate for unimaginative people nowadays

It doesn't matter if the points you make are even legit , we are so sick of your whining it's enough to make us root for the character you hate out of spite.

It would be nice to see more of what she's like when she lets her hair down. Maybe see what makes her lose her cool, since she almost always acts aloof. Seeing Star squirm because she isn't having things her way would also be a welcome bonus. If you're gonna have a rival, at least have her be a bit of a foil to Star instead of being a cute prop.

Depends on who else is in it.
The Jackie Show would probably suck.
The Jackie and Janna and Tom Show might not.

It was a nice time. Anyway she is not boring, she feels real.

Eh it's the opposite for me. He shows up every goddamn time Jackie is mentioned. I just want to avoid her entirely at this point.
I get that's what he wants to accomplish but still.

She's realer than some other love interests I've seen in shows. Her blandness is purely a result of her lack of focus and her relative normalcy compared to Star and her interdimensional buddies.

Who is "he"? Do you think that there can be only one person with opinion different than yours?

I've tried to get into SU on three separate occassions. And each time I just can't get past a few episodes. I'm sorry, but I don't like it.

I do love Star vs. a lot. Very much

I marathoned Star vs. after the latest SU hiatus and I like it much better. The animation is much crisper and the animators can actually stay on-model, whereas SU's art direction took a nosedive in quality after the latter half of season 02. I think most people would agree that SU doesn't live up to its potential and the townie episodes went from comfy in the first two seasons to unbearably dull now. Sucrose could take some pointers from Nef-Nef: THIS is how you do anime homage proper.

I'm Starco trash but I actually think they are setting Jackie up to get manipulated by Eclipsa. I mean it's literally the only direction her character can go at this point other than just her being in the background

Let's not forget that making your MC literally Lucifer is a way better choice than making "generic messiah #120498".

I thought it was obvious? Most of us want to fuck Marco, of course.

Those episodes only suck in hindsight once you realize how in season 2 a lot of it goes nowhere or is straight up contradicted

I think the biggest edge for Star Vs. is that it actually manages to juggle the slice of life stuff with the magical plotline well, which is something Steven Universe is awful at. It's sad, because you can tell SU really, really wants to make people care about the random townspeople, but can't figure out what it's doing wrong.

Except the slice of life stuff in Star vs. is pretty boring too. Not as incompetent as post-S1 SU, but still just pointless fluff.

>cringey
opinion trashed

Shes fucking orange

I would unironically watch the shit out of that

What if star canonically killed Jackie

It's really divided honestly.
Some hate SU, other hate SVTFOE.
Some like SU but hate SVTFOE, others like SVTFOE but hate SU.

But personally, I'm in the ______"I like both" category

Slice of life episodes in Star vs are so bad. 10x worse than townie episodes.

It's enjoyable when shit goes down though

Nothing of value will be lost
I honestly think Marco hates being in love with Jackie. If she's dead, he'll feel liberated and immediately go to who his heart really wants, star.
Not exaggerating.

>bronies
>still a major thing
The fad is over. It still has a fandom but it's not nearly as big as it was. If they wanted the movie to succeed, they should have released it at least two years ago.

less far left.
less retarded
less 15 minute episode that permit no character devellopement.

even though i dont like the show, i still appreciate and like steven as a character

his awful "outrageously innocent because he's a dumb kid" character in the early episodes made me avoid this show and im always so thankful for that

What about those of us who hate both?

Well you probably think both shows are bland.

No, I think both shows are postmodern garbage. That's much worse than "bland".

>Gravity Falls
>Scooby Doo

Both are shit. Star is shit. Steven Universe is shit. Cartoons are shit. Everything is shit!

shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit

BULLSHIT THE SHIT!

SENTENCE TO SHIT!

GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE SHIT!

>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.