Transformers

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

svp-team.com/wiki/Download
youtube.com/watch?v=MYOxHkHaZ4I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In house fighting between Hasbro and the show runners.

Monotonimus Prime

It was boring shit that only fujoshits and fags like

This this this

It was just plain boring. The fans made me hate it though.
Tfpfags are also the fucking worst, second only to geewunners

- starting relying on repetitive plots
- constantly blew their load early on good story ideas, wrapping them up as soon as possible
- characterization that started off well and/or was working up to something interesting either took nonsensical, complete 180s or got stuck in limbo
- hiring of famous, more expensive VAs then having to get rid of their characters in quick, unsatisfying ways
- acting like bratty children with the property they licensed

I'm legit enjoying RID2015 more overall than I did Prime. It's had a few bumpy spots when it tries to do ongoing plots but that's been largely fixed with seasons 2.5 and 3, and the bulk of the episodes throughout the series are actually enjoyable. Prime flipflopped HARD between amazing episodes and complete horseshit episodes.

It introduced a new generation of terrible fangirls to the franchise. Pre Prime slash was cringy but tolerable, now it's vaginas everywhere.

This. Cullen excels when he actually emotes
Hell, Megatron had better emotion. And he was on that Dark Energon

Too many artifact hunts that led to boring places.

Season 1 was fucking great, seasons 2 and 3 had a massive drop in story quality.

All Transformers fans are terrible user. G1 fans, Beast Wars fans, Animated fans, Prime fans, they all have an autistic need to prove "their" Transformers is the best and anyone who likes the other stuff better has no taste. No doubt you're also a terrible person, and I know I'm a terrible person because for whatever reason I've become quite attracted to Anode.

Also I have a solution to the user from the last thread who couldn't stand RiD's seemingly low framerate animation. Install SVP:
svp-team.com/wiki/Download
I'm running it at 60fps and it actually looks pretty great. It kinda makes it look like stop-motion.

Design quality too, I think. The initial designs were all fantastic. Then around season 3 they were like SPIKES. LET'S ADD SPIKES. GOOD ENOUGH.

>All Transformers fans are terrible user. G1 fans, Beast Wars fans, Animated fans, Prime fans, they all have an autistic need to prove "their" Transformers is the best and anyone who likes the other stuff better has no taste.
Transformers suffers from tribalism that would make Pokemon blush.

This. There's no such thing as a good tf fan.

>What went wrong?
The lack of dubs in honour of mighty Shockwave.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYOxHkHaZ4I

shoooooccckkkk.

The proper Shockwave, not the poor man's Shockachu

>No doubt you're also a terrible person
That's a fair and true statement.

Too many fetch quests. Failure to commit to big changes. Poor toy line release timing synergy.

Nit enough Dwayne "The Cliff" Johnson.

>Too many fetch quests. Failure to commit to big changes
When you put it that way, TFP sounds like an MMO

I feel like that was actually an effective character choice- he was tired and awkward as a character and the stiff personality fit that.

How many shockwave's can we have on one image?

The entire second season was basically "oh no, we must collect [thing]" and then they almost never used them.

Shockwave is best boy.

He's cute but nope.

Senator Shockwave is ideal husbando material.

Yeah hiring the Rock as Cliffjumper was really dumb.

Or Gina Torres. Or Adam Baldwin. Or Tony Todd.

>every Sup Forums transformers thread

>I know I'm a terrible person because for whatever reason I've become quite attracted to Anode.

Yes....yes you are.

>no one in these threads ever realize that Wreck-Gar is the best husbando

You guys arent even cool fags.

NIGGA

At least with folks like Baldwin, Todd, and Ironside they do voice acting for part of their living

I thought it was okay, some episodes were blech but I digged it in general. RID2015 is more consistent which is nice.
Definitely an improvement over the last CG series (unicron trilogy). One gripe is not enough Shockwave.

I still think BW was the best CGformers though.

toxic shockwave

???

His color's are all toxic like, he's got that toxic green.

Probably referencing the green.

We need some Unicron Trilogy Shockblast and Alternator Shockblast

And toast looks delicious

No one cares about Unicron trilogy though

I remember the airing of the original Transformers series, missed out on the comics, and mostly have lived with Beast wars (grew up on) and Animated.

I kind of have a love for about all of the continuities and see each one as having merits and flaws, even Bayformers (chief merit being Bumblebee's design. The door wings were adorable)

Which is why I ask this thread to assemble an autobot team and a decepticon team featuring their favorite incarnations of each transformer!

Optimus was too cute

Isnt toxic shock what its called when a chick leaves a tampon in too long and gets sepsis

You misspelled boring horribly user!

Not sure, I don't wear tampons mate. That sounds more like some crazy fetish though.

"Autobots, I have decrypted another entry in the Iacon Database."
"Decepticons, Soundwave has decrypted another entry in the Iacon Database."
It's the same entry at the same time, of course, so they both show up at once and FIGHT! From there, three options:
1. The Autobots win, put the relic in cold storage, and never speak of it again for the foreseeable future.
2. The Decepticons win, put the relic in cold storage, and never speak of it again for the foreseeable future.
3. The relic is lost or destroyed, and not spoken of again for the foreseeable future.

I would have minded that pattern a lot LESS if we had known ahead of time how big that blasted "Iacon Database" was, because at the time for all I knew there could have been THOUSANDS of entries that could have sustained a zillion indistinguishable episodes indefinitely with no sign of any payoff. There was zero sense of progress and I never want to hear the words "Iacon," "Database," or "relic" ever again.

I actually never finished Prime because Season 3 seemed to be dipping into a not-nearly-different-enough formula related to the collection of THAT season's MacGuffins and I had no interest in slogging through all that again.

I am not so sure about Optimus, but Orion Pax was literally too moe to exist.

The Decepticlaw team
>Shockwave
>Lugnut
>Bisk
>Skorpinok
>Clampdown

These claws aint just for attracting fembots

I hope megs got to hit that at least once.

If there is such a thing as justice in this world.

>Lugnut
My nigga

Post more

I've only got one more picture of this sequence saved.

Worst ship.

>G1 Shockers
>G1 Razorclaw
>Animated Soundwave
>Deathsaurus (or however you prefer to spell it)
>G1 Cartoon Galvatron
It's a recipe for disaster thats for certain.

IDW Optimus, is that you?
Go cry yourself to sleep as your waifu holds hands with a different you in a different universe.

No matter the universe Megaop is a shit, step it up oniichan.

>All Transformers fans are terrible user. G1 fans, Beast Wars fans, Animated fans, Prime fans, they all have an autistic need to prove "their" Transformers is the best and anyone who likes the other stuff better has no taste.

My experience as an old fag is that the transformers fandom itself destroys people who became part of it. There's of really great people who have fun with transfomers but they are casual fans who don't interact much with the fandom outside of their little bubble.

But once you start to interact with the fandom on the big level like on forums or facebook groups that's where all the angry tribalistic cunts are who want to destroy you because you dare to like something they don't. Eventually their anger eats away at people who were just casually into X thing of Transformers and they bite back and become just as angry and cuntful as the old fans.

That's why the Beast Wars fans became so awful because for decades the hyper G1 fans claimed how Beast Wars literally raped their childhood. Every rageful resentful cunt was once an optimistic fan who enjoyed their shitty stupid colourful robots before the angry cunts destroyed them before they could escape.

He's supposed to be like that, though. Cullen's brother inspired him to speak like a seasoned veteran, not some generic hero who shouts all of the time. May not be for everyone, but it does work.

He didn't talk like that at all in g1 though? Also his personality is still about as interesting as a piece of white bread.

I'm not even going to try and justify it. But her amorality kinda makes it easier to imagine her cheating and letting me rail her into a barely functioning mess while Lug cries in the next room. Told you I was a terrible person.

He kind of did, he rarely emoted in that outside of some episode. Fans used to talk about how it was weird hearing him do something like laugh. Nothing wrong with being stoic like that.

Get rekt lug, you midget lesbo.

I still can't believe this nerd dad bot has the same voice actor as his no personality boring grandpa bot counterpart.

>Corey Burton didn't return to play Shockwave in this

At least the guy who did him in Prime did well to make him sound menacing. Never thought the word "Logical" could be made to sound intimidating like that.

>tfw corey only voiced Aligned shockers in that awful commercial

He's such a good boy it makes my heart skip beats when he gets digits

Give it a rest, shocky.

make me, faggot

Damn, so close.

We can't win them all

I don't make, shocker, I do.

>WE NEED TO FIND THE RELI-I MEAN PREDACONS

No Swindle.

At least the relics were more interesting than fucking Minicons.
>"hey, let's make a new species of transformers that can merge with the big bots"
>they just click on like a kid tapping two toys together and somehow activating a weapon that was already on the autobot or con to be used
So fucking amazing. not.

Swindle is my new favorite.
He was one of those legacy characters, that i never paid any attention to before. He was part of the combaticons, and i assumed all combiner teams had no personality beyond their combined form.
Then i saw his animated iteration and fell in lov with the character. (especially since he was voiced by fred willard)

I need to find a figure of him at some point.

He's cute

A shame, since the series had promise with how Unicron was stuffed inside the earth, and parts of Cybertron being active and full of secrets. The whole artifact thing wasn't too bad had it been spaced more with other events (the only thing we really got was Mech shenanigans and Starscream being Starscream). And from what little I've managed to hear about it, the original plans for season 3 sounded pretty cool.

Autobots:
>RiD (2015) Bumblebee
>Prime Arcee
>G1 Kup
>G1 Ironhide
>Animated Ratchet

Autobot Team leadership struggle is go!

>assemble an autobot team and a decepticon team featuring their favorite incarnations of each transformer!
Finally, my dream show.

autobot team
>G1 Grimlock
>animated Grimlock
>WFC Grimlock
>RiD Grimlock

They don't look like blocky robots.

>BW Rat Trap
>Armada Star Scream
>Animated Bumble Bee
>G1 Jazz
>Animated Ratchet

Not enough people had The Hub (TM).

It's kinda ironic, while the show used a lot of great actors like these guys, I didn't care for them as their respective characters that much. Michael Ironside would make a better Impactor than Magnus, and Adam Baldwin is the voice I Imagine for Roadbuster.

Honestly she and Roller would make a better OTP.

Is it wrong that one of my favorite characters is Ultra Magnus?

>Miko hair down
>barefoot

Wheeljack was best autobot

Both good opinions.

the fact that WFC and FOC were infinitely more entertaining and Prime just feels like a huge let-down of a "continuation"

Too bad Sari and her didn't get more art.

It makes me a bit sad a lot if the Transformers girls don't often get foot fetish pics.

> when you realize you're such a Shockwave fan because you own just about every version of Shockwave in that picture.

Not much for feet, but the girls and lewds are few and far between. Of course, at least the fembots do pick up that slack.

As someone who has only seen the original series and beast wars, is transformers prime worth watching? it looks like shit to desu