Detective Comics 965 Preview

Timfags rejoyce! Post-Crisis continuity is back!

Preview (and interview) here:

multiversitycomics.com/interviews/exclusive-preview-detective-comics-965/

Nostalgia boner.

WTF IS WRONG WITH HIS FACE

That's downright cruel to force a comparison between the artists like that

Eddy Barrows is what's wrong.

Yeah,kind of creepy...

Other than the face, I think it's a pretty cool update, but come on, they brought this on themselves by recreating the page.

"progress"

Oh thank God. I don't even want them to explain how it happened, just ignore the fuck out of Lobdell's TT.
This artist has truly mastered the uncanny valley.

SERIOUSLY! DID HE GET HIT BY SMILEX ?!

>just ignore the fuck out of Lobdell's TT.

They are ignoring it! And basically recreating his true origin (where he already knew the identities of Batman and Robin).

I'm all for this.

I seriously thought this is an evil version of Tim at first.

>Tim is back
>Back again
>Tim is back
>Tell Damifag to choke on a pile of sharp needles again

>>Tell Damifag to choke on a pile of sharp needles again
James pls-.Would you let your Tim suck you?

I don't think Tim Drake was ever a terribly interesting character .Even when Tim got his own Red Robin solo series with the "Batman: Reborn" event in 2009, he still carried over a lot of the traits that made him seem vanilla to me.

Of the four "proper" Robins, Tim is my least favourite as a character. As a character, I don't particularly care for him all that much, he's too similar to Bruce in some areas, and in the areas he's not as similar, I feel they make him a little boring.

Lol.

Do people on Sup Forums enjoy the batfamily thing?

Dick and Damian.

I think the biggest issue is that he only really worked as Robin. He doesn't work very well as someone who used to be Robin.

I do.
But I like to read fanfics, so I don't count, I guess.

Just asking cause i never read/watched a lot of Batman content where robin (or batgirl) appear in it, so in my imagination, Batman character = the lonely wolf doing detective things solo.

Scream all you want, you filthy third-world sandeater. Tim is back to annoy the everliving shit out of you and put Damian back into obscurity.

>I think the biggest issue is that he only really worked as Robin. He doesn't work very well as someone who used to be Robin.

I agree, mostly, but I find Damian's attitude really annoying (though I like the character,overall). Dick is bestboy and Jason is better as Red Hood.

However, what I like the most about Tim, and how I think he should be characterized is as being a great detective, to have great deductive skills and using that as his main advantage. What Tynion is basically saying in the interview, him seeing the "big picture".

The problem with that is that you need to have a good writer who can make the most out of those traits. Tim's been barely present in Rebirth,so it remains to be seen if it will work.

The more you deny that you're gay the more clear it becomes on how homosexual you really are.

what in tarnation

Ok you need to be shot.

Yeah, it's nice. Shame it has Tynion attached.

For me, he works nicely when he has a partner. Gives him some dynamic to work with, and makes me more interested in Batman overall. I'm not really a fan of Bruce as a character, to be honest. I have the same problem with Damian: I like him a lot more, and he interest me more, when he's paired with someone else and has some foil to work with.

This better end with him getting his own identity and costume that isn't "I wish I was still the main Robin"

>be damifag.
>.damian will never be my bacha bazi
>incessant shitpost on Sup Forums.
>it. still hurts

timfags get out.homosexuals are timfags

You fucking homos are so fucking aggressive with your fucking agenda.

Well i'll read more about it then.

>This better end with him getting his own identity and costume that isn't "I wish I was still the main Robin"

He could easily lead the team in Detective Comics. Better than batwoman.

The new costume is fucked up

Tim Drake: The Grey Ghost plox.

This better end with him DYING.
FOUR FUCKING ROBINS.

>Tim Drake: The Grey Ghost plox.
No THANKS.

WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAACCCE?

His legs (particularly his right) look fucked as well.

That was awful the first time it was posted and it still is today

>FOUR FUCKING ROBINS.

All in all yes, but currently active just two: Damian and Tim.

Which can be good and fine if they keep them apart and doing their own thing.

>absolute state of DC house style artists

They should let us vote on it

NO.
Just make him Red Robin again, just without the showgirl wings.

Tim should be Red X

If Jason is a Jay, maybe Tim is a Cardinal?

But Red X is Jason. He's taller than Dick.

>Tim should be Dead.

Now you can see more of reality reverting back. From his origin to similar costume of old.

AAAAAAH THERE DOING IT
LOBDELL BTFO

It's all back in. Just need to see what else is in the next pages when the book's out.

Can't wait til tomorrow. Been missing Tim since 2011.

Even Titans of Tomorrow Tim is on the next cover

the question is why does Jor El care ?

I don't mind the "Red Robin" name, mostly because I still like the idea of a Tim/Cass team book called "Red Robin - Black Bat".

Natzi Tim?

Yup.

Jason doesn't get Red Hood, Arkham Knight AND Red X

>the question is why does Jor El care ?

Maybe Jor El wants to push people (batman included) to their "dark side", and Tim is the embodiment of hope and light. Doing what's right, no matter the cost. Uncompromising. His motivation to becoming Robin was to help batman.

Also based on the image, and this latest preview, maybe he was close to figuring out the "big picture", which is kind of his thing.

Yep, I'll sit that one out. Everything wrong with that damned Tim Drake in two pages. I especially hate his "Batman needs a Robin" bullshit. I hope Tim will get his solo, team book or whatever soon and leave 'Tec quickly. I really don't want to drop this title, but I'll do if he returns for long.

Why not? It's consistent: best overdramatic code names, best pulpy and funny costumes, best boy.

Tim can work towards something more stylish and smart-like, I think. Or go the punk ride.

Here, gents, is an edgy user who likes Batman because he's serious, loner vigilante detective. The one and only way to approach the character!

Oh, hai there. I think I recognize you from CBR! :)

Bro he's gonna quit. There is a reason Tim got sidelined and they set him up to go off to college. Once he comes back he will retire. Damian leads the Titans now, Tim has no place. At best he will show up from time to time to consult.

If they are who I think, they actually don't think Batman should be a loner. They think Duke is the best Robin.

Only idiots who don't understand the character think he should work alone. Bruce is all about being prepared, for him to not think he is gonna die and just leave his city unprotected would be seriously out of character.

Seconded.

This is dead up some of the worst art I've ever seen in my life. This looks worse than that terrible Wolverine Revolver cover. Jesus christ who hires these literal fucking retards?

Agreed. Batman is trying to rebuild his family - that's a key part of what makes Batman a hero, and not some weird revenge vigilante.

Samefagging but I just googled the dudes name and he isn't even this bad. He actually seems like he's pretty damn good most of the time. I'm absolutely shocked no one, especially himself, decided to say "you know, 10 minutes to redo that could really do wonders."

What do you do as a colorist when you get some pencils that are THAT bad?

What if Tim became the new Oracle?

Let him be a planner man to other team. Heck, he could be one hell of an Oracle to Jason's, but I know that's not going to happen because a fucking ton of realistic reasons.

I feel like it would be a suitable route to take his character and a great way to make him relevant again.

It's not that bad. Of course, it has a lot of problems: shadowing is all over the place (bad work with lighting for both penciler/inker and colorist), his head has a weird shape (egg like) and the mouth definitely is not right (teeth, gents, and lips, don0t look like that when you smile with excitement). But I've seem way, way worse.

Dude the background looks like a flat wall. Or at least a steep hill. the legs don't look like they could bare any weight. Legit looks like a broken toy. There is literally no way his hand could hold that bo in that angle with the way his hand is gripping it.

The proportions and angles of almost every single millimeter of the page are off.

>Tim has no place.

Tim can easily be one of the leads in detective comics. He is the god damn Detective Robin.

>the background looks like a flat wall. Or at least a steep hill.
I don't know. Seems a bit off, and perspective is definitively not working because the floor is... not right at all. But it's not really that flat.

>the legs don't look like they could bare any weight.
Agree

>Legit looks like a broken toy. There is literally no way his hand could hold that bo in that angle with the way his hand is gripping it.
He's twisting his torso sideways. His left arm is slightly behind: you can put the arm and grab a bo like that.

>The proportions and angles of almost every single millimeter of the page are off.
Yeah, I can agree with that, definitely.

And even so, I've seen worse. The problem is, this is an important page, a one panel page, and a significative one. It should be almost perfect. I guess they just couldn't notice all the problems sooner for some reason.

You're forgetting Batman (and Nightwing but that arc is best forgotten).

He also wore the Red Robin costume in Countdown for a few issues, but I don't remember if he did got the code name too.

I was going to say Red Robin too but I don't recall him using the code name just wearing the costume.
I bought and read every issue of Countdown when it came out and I don't remember shit from it. All I remember is disappointment.

Actually after Robin and Nightwing I don't like batfamily at all, I prefer Batman alone and I don't care about Damian or anything else.

I rather have Tim as another Batman. Rebirth legacy themes.

He does, user. Deal with it.

Don't forget wingman

And Red Robin too.

I read it with some storytime of pain we had a while back. Jason wore it after crossing his path with Batman in I think, Earth 51, where Batman basically crossed the not killing line after Jason's dead. That universe Jason wore the costume, and so did pre-FP Jason after meeting that Bruce and forwards, when that Batman died.

I forgot about Wingman, damn.

We're still not sure about him using the name, tho.

He was called Red Robin. It's how Tim get the name since he actually stole it from Jason after he throw it away.

i forgot how much tim likes jason

he's okay in my book

I'll take your word. I don't remember it too well.
Sorry for deleting my former post: I quoted the wrong post.

I think Tim liking Jason actually does tell a lot of interesting things about him, or it could, in the right writer hands.

that could be a dope book. Tim and Jason in "Seeing Red" or some shit. Tim decides he likes Red Hoods brand of justice and they create their own destructive duo of former dynamic duo members.

Blackbirds

The first arc could be: Crossing the Red Line.

What are the chances Connor and Bart are gonna be the other prisoners that help Tim?

It'll probably just be an older version of Tim. The older Tim from that batman beyond series was apparently taken too since he disappeared and all.

Zero percent
The other prisoners are alternate versions of Tim.
Future's End/Batman Beyond Tim
Titans Tomorrow Tim
bad future Batwoman Tim