Why did the Flash kill Brainiac instead of putting him in jail?

Why did the Flash kill Brainiac instead of putting him in jail?

For some reason the justice league has no qualms about killing sentient machines

Even superman does it all the time.

Wasn't it because Brainiac doesn't die? just copies of him?

Machines can be backed up and restored, other forms of sentience can't do that yet.

He was a ai, he wasn't alive. So not murder.

If it ain't human it going on the slab.

Robots aren't people, jail is for people.

And gorillas.

There is no difference between AI and human brains, especially ones on the level of Brainiac

Wally is ok with killing people in extreme circumstances.

>Barry kills Professor Zoom in order to save a life
>Wally testifies against him
what a bitch

Wally's not going to lie under oath and Barry approved of Wally's testimony because he taught him to be honest, user.

Wally never blamed or hated Barry for killing Thawne. Thawne killed his aunt/surrogate mother. Wally was glad he was dead. But he wasn't going to lie to help Barry in court.

You just made Red Tornado very sad.

Didn't they give Tornado a real human soul or some shit? During Meltzer's run I think

Wait...who brought Barry to court for killing zoom?

Didn't Batman get Superman's powers once and just obliterate Red Tornado while fighting the JL because "LOL HE HAS BACKUPS"

I think the media threw a shitfit since Barry snapped Thawne's neck so he just turned himself in. They even got Rip Hunter to testify about killing a time traveler

The state. Highly visible killing and the 80s were the height of losing faith in heroes.

Aliens, machines, and demons get exempted from the no kill rule. Demons and machines usually revive themselves

Explain Doomsday

Doesn't die. Even though they tried. Hell Superman supposedly did kill Doomsday the first fight.

Because he's not stupid and hypocrite like supes and batts

Really? ok then i guess darkside is the same response?

They killed him in Final Crisis. Usually they aren't capable of it.

>Be sentient Machine
>Commit crime
>Sent to prison
>Don't worry, just turn myself off for 20 years
>Turn on again at the end if my sentence

Everyone in the Justice League actively tries to kill Darkseid no matter what, even fucking Batman

Yeah, the only irredeemably mass killer types The Flash has are people he has killed or can't really stop like eobard or kadabra. There's no Joker or Zod equivalent for them.

It helps that most of Flash's villains are only in it for the money and have a loose code of ethics that keeps them somewhat in check.

Because Flash was the resident jobber and needed some win.

Eh he blows up every other week anyway, he'll be fine.

Machine lives don't matter

practicality, perhaps. In morality? Could be. Legally? They are not the same

>kill
> a machine
You are autistic, guess how I know

>hero refuses to kill humans
>totally willing to kill aliens of at least human-tier sentience or even beyond

DCAU Brainiac is 100% a robot/AI from Krypton. IIRC it's never even been confirmed that Colu exists in the animated verse.