What are some good examples of heroes with no tragic backstories whatsoever...

What are some good examples of heroes with no tragic backstories whatsoever, but who just want to help out people in need because it's the right thing to do or because they feel that way?

Riri has no tragedy.

Power Rangers

Didn't she want to prove to the world she could be as good as a white man because she manipulated her teacher into oppressing her rather than just helping out for the sake of it?

Ronnie/Martin Firestorm is the first one that comes to mind for me.

Fantastic Four.

Solomon Kane

We Reed was a nerd, so I'm going to assume to he was bullied

Depending on how he handled it, his bullying could be considered tragic

Reed is an old school alpha scientist that you'd see in 60's sci-fi movies. He's the kind that spent twenty four hours a day smoking a pipe, banging girls twenty years younger than him, building anti-kaiju weapons and viciously taking credit for every development he possibly can.

But god damn does it all comes to nought when he tries to become a bicycle.

Barry Allen. Before Geoff Johns.
Hal Jordan. Before Geoff Johns.
Katar Hol. Before Geoff Johns.

Wait....

I'm noticing a pattern here.

Wonder Woman... at least the golden and silver age ones

Batgirl Pre-KJ

Her best friend was shot and killed in a drive-by. And her dad left or died or something.

Superman is the first and last answer.

Krypton's death has literally nothing to do with why he helps people. He didn't even find out he was an alien until after he became a hero.

That The Cereal Lord is an unimaginative hack better suited to making Bo Duke videos on You Tube?

Superman is the first and BEST answer. Pretty much a fair number of the Golden Age and Silver Age characters didn't want to do anything other than help and this is partially why one of their common attributes is 'adventurers.'

Let's not pretend Hal didn't already have plenty of origins that weren't tragic before Johns.

stupid cuck
read more comics

>left
>died
>or something

Putting my $5 on left.

Richard Rider

Golden Age Superman perhaps, but Silver Age Superman was crying about the loss of Krypton every second issue.

TinTin