ITT: we post things from cartoons you thought were real

>ITT: we post things from cartoons you thought were real.
I always thought foxy the fox was the real fox network mascot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YSME0-FbZw
youtube.com/watch?v=T2Ulgtvx-NA
youtube.com/watch?v=gTEc6DwOAJ8&feature=youtu.be&t=354
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronization_gear
youtube.com/watch?v=faZiS1CYZs0
youtube.com/watch?v=kBX21UaLBOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and that you can actually cut off florida

I thought they actually made jawbreakers bigger than your head.

he's not?

Well you can
i thought dentists are evil

>i thought dentists are evil
their prices are evil

for years I thought matt groening actually looked like this

No, the real Fox mascot is Cleatus

youtube.com/watch?v=9YSME0-FbZw

How about stuff that was real, but because you saw it in cartoons before you ever heard about it anywhere else, you needed extra convincing it was real and not just made up for the cartoons?

Most of this comes from watching cartoons made a generation or two before you.

> vehicles that had to be cranked to start them
> "be kind to animals day"
> "alum" (the stuff that made character's mouths/heads/bodies shrink)

After hearing him on the commentaries I wish he did.

Git outta my office!

How did you think cars worked? Have you never seen one?

not many people owned a runabout car, they disapeared too soon

I meant cars with no electric starter where you had to hand-turn a big handle to make them turn over.

Not to mention they usually got stolen with no one ever knowing.

I thought hopes and dreams were real

The aforementioned Cleatus the football robot . I thought it was a random joke from the simpsons like OP's picture.

I thought Mr. Bananna Head from Rugrats was a real toy

>bad-tasting broccoli

I always thought batman was the hero but when I got older I realized the joker made more sense

I always thought candle jack was real but th

A-user?

Not explicitly said in the cartoon, but when the principal mentions the electric chair in A Goofy Movie, I thought it was the high school equalivant of a time-out.

Underrated.

I didn't understand why the milkman kissed goofy that time, took me years to finally realize it.

i still don't get it.
Is goofy a good kisser?

still the best 1973

Husband is normally at work
Wife is normally home alone
Milkman normally shows up and wife answers the door.

Do the math.

>Do the math.

>not knowing that cars had to be started by cranking back when they became a thing
american education

For all the flaws of American education, the functionality of obsolete cars is not something they need to spend time learning.

If you wanna have a go at kids not learning how to drive manual, go wild.

I thought that Capital City was a real place for longer than I care to admit, and I thought that the Tony Bennett song was real too.

youtube.com/watch?v=T2Ulgtvx-NA

>go into Dental
>hair starts to fall out from the back Dr Gino style
>its the highest suicide rate

i always though lighting matches against wall was only a cartoon thing

'90s era Fox Kids used to have a fox mascot, actually. youtube.com/watch?v=gTEc6DwOAJ8&feature=youtu.be&t=354

>No one posted the biggest one

They do

lol, I tried to do that with my dad's beard once and he knocked me out

>i thought dentists were evil

>Lie to support big pharma, say that you need to use toothpaste multiple times per day but this will just help to erodes your teeth even more with chlorine

>Support bullshit like "You can take the bacteria OUT of your mouth", when in fact this is impossible and brushing your teeth is just a act of removing the the excess of leftover in your teeth which the bacteria uses to cause acid reactions, and not create a fucking magic force field that protects your mouth

>Do not condemn tooth whitening, a pratic that virtually remove layers of enamel from teeth that should be naturally light yellow

shut up and drink your fluoride!

For a while I thought reindeer were a made-up mythological species used for Christmas, like elves.

I felt so retarded when I learned this wasn't where jelly came from.

He's right about the second one. Maybe the third one too.

whats stopping someone from actually cutting it off

you can't just cut off cancer, you gotta nuke it out

So did L Frank Baum, and he was an accomplished author.

I thought Drederick Tatum was a real life boxer who played himself on the Simpsons, but then I realized he sounded like The Comic Book Guy

Casa Bonita

Biggest I have seen is about half the size of a head

Was a live action thing as well but I used to think the american idea that everybody should go to university and the creation of college funds that went with that idea were something everybody had decided would make a good plot and not a real thing.

It didn't take me long to work out the college funds were real but it took longer to learn the college for everybody attitude was.

Took me a moment.

Broccoli does taste bad.

I always thought that you could enter space and visit Mars from your wagon with enough speed down a hill/ramp

Same.

For me it was Spongebob making me think Jellyfish actually zap you with electricity instead of stinging you.

Fighter planes where the gun is mounted behind the propeller and fire through it. Saw some Mickey Mouse cartoon where he flew one and was certain that it was a silly animation goof. Was surprised as fuck when I finally learnt that they actually went through the trouble of designing a plane where the gun synced with the spin of the propeller to fire only when it was clear, rather than mounting the guns somewhere else.

I thought scientology was a fake religion that southpark made up for the episode

I used to think the plot of The Little Match Girl was your typical fantastical fairytale story, not that it depicted an everyday occurrence back when it was written.

I thought Pardon My Zinger was a real show.

Where can I leRn about this gun?

Isn't that a play on What's my line?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronization_gear
youtube.com/watch?v=faZiS1CYZs0

Glad I'm not the only one lmao.

I dont know, my dentist is kinda hot

I thought The Care Bears were real, and you could see them from airplanes when you traveled.

Watched episodes of New Care Bears like the 90's remake, not the shit 2000 one or okay CGI one. Was absolutely surprised and delighted they once made this canon by having a plane fly through Care A Lot.

Well the best place to put the gun is in front of the cockpit, where the pilot can actually aim it.

I wish I had a hot dentist, but then what I think is hot is someone who'd look like an evil dentist. *shrug*

Even if they did, WB would pull an Oswald with their other Foxy

They actually kinda did for the Tiny Toons episode he showed up in.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBX21UaLBOs

I thought black people actually acted like this

Roflol