I've been living under a rock for the last few months. Is my boy back? Did they ruin him...

I've been living under a rock for the last few months. Is my boy back? Did they ruin him? Is his return worth reading about? I dipped out right around the time spiderverse ended.

Man, this could've been a good story if it wasn't 616 and it wasn't Slott doing the classic "let me fuck it all up halfway through" technique.

It was such a great idea that just didn't get to go anywhere.

So... is his return shit?

Not exactly. Otto uploaded a copy of his mind into one of his gauntlets, which was transferred into a clone body that Ben Reilly made using a tissue sample taken from Otto's corpse, then transferred again into a body that Otto created by combining his DNA with Peter's. He has Peter's powers again, but because his memories come from before he learned what it meant to be a hero, he's back to being a power-hungry villain who was last seen working for Hydra during Secret Empire and getting pissy because he was used to giving orders rather than taking them.

That sounds kind of neat actually! Is he still doing the spider-man thing? And does he have memories of previously being Spider-man?

>Doctor Octopus
>Doctor "I can't even be around Norman or Roderick because I always run the show" Octopus
>Doctor "I created my own terrorist organization so I can keep control" Octopus
>Doctor "I faked working for Fusion so I can fuck him over" Octopus
>Working for anyone

He resented the whole working for Hydra thing and had his own agenda

He still has memories of being Spider-man, but is now just being Doc Ock but now with spider powers. He got jobbed when he tried to take back Parker Industries. At least he looks cool.

That looks sick! I cant wait to see what it looks like post hydra, or do you think he's keeping th symbol, since "octopus"

>Is he still doing the Spider-Man thing
He's back to being a straight-up villain
>Does he have memories of previously being Spider-Man
Up to the part where he meets Spider-Man 2099. Everything after that was lost.

Otto used a dead man's switch that would activate his backed up memory after X amount of days with no code imput, placed in one of his armor pieces. This then uploaded his memory to the Living Brain, who kinda quickly went back to his old ways as he watched Peter in the shadows take over what Otto started with Parker Industries. He also watched Anna Maria make out with a dude.

Anyway, then the Clone Conspiracy happened, Otto got his body back, then he got a body that is basically IIRC, a Peter Parker clone that has the clone degeneration bits replaced with Otto's own DNA. He's in that body now. So it has all the spider powers (including spider sense), plus the octopus limbs now.

It showed that being Spider-Man isn't just a numbers game, pragmatism and moral relativity wouldn't make him a better hero. Spider-Man is as good of a hero as he is because of how he does it and the example he sets by being his own man. Otto was too absorbed in personal gain success and his own ego. Although I do hope Slott does something more interesting with Otto than just going back to status quo. Dr Octopus has evolved more successfully than any other character in a decade afaik

Probably. It looks like it was designed so that it could work as both a Hydra symbol while he works for them, and a non-specific octopus symbol when he inevitably becomes independent again.

>. At least he looks cool.
Doesn't he have like a fucking Quenitin Quire hairdo or something like that under the mask?

>that explanation
Jesus fucking christ its the clone saga all over again

He looks suspiciously like Richard "Glass Jaw" Spencer.

Gee, what gave it away? The Jackal, Kaine, Gwen Stacy, or Ben Reiley?

His bid for revenge against Peter during Secret Empire was actually pretty good, if you liked Slott on SSM you might as well read that to continue the story of the character

He stopped sicking it back so now he just looks like an art student.

I'll have to check it out! Thanks

I want Otto and Ben to have a rematch, because at least it'd be entertaining.

Spock was the best thing about Spiderman for a long time and once it was over zzzzz

Why does he have a lazersword?

What happened to the legal loli he was dating

It's the hobgoblin's

Coincidently I just learned about this recently too. I was rereading some Superior Team Ups and thought "man I really miss SpOck". I looked it up on the wiki and apparently he's kind of back like other anons explained, I might go ahead and read Secret Empire. From what I've heard it's trash but I like SpOck enough to endure it

She started cucking him with a black scientist when he was trapped inside of the memory computer. He went full cuck rage and wants to kill her.

Marconi became a PR representative for PI for some reason. Nothing else is really known after PI was destroyed.

mfw