Would you let your wife keep her last name?

Would you let your wife keep her last name?

No. My legacy has to continue.

I don't care

My children would take mine though

>not going double barrel

kys

>not adding your wife's last name to your own last name, cheating on her, getting divorced, and keeping her name as you try to further your political career

Haha no, fuck that.

No.

Nah, it's fucking dumb. How the fuck are you supposed to have a relationship if you can't even agree on a last name?
Hyphenated people are always megacucks.

Fuck that.

It's a last ditch attempt at the wife trying to convince herself she is still a stronk independent womyn, and is only a sign of trouble later in the marriage. I speak from experience here

This

Yes if it is cool eastern european i'd take it.

>Legacy

You faggot

I keep mine, the kids get mine, she gets her name-mine

I have too many names already because chuuni parents so no

Yes.
Damn I wish my last name weren't so shit

Getting cucked so bad you take your wife's name, or even worse you allow your kids to have your wife's name.

No my friend, kys.

My wife dropped her middle name and turned her last name into her middle name. No hyphens needed, no muss no fuss.

yeah right, and we are going to have one of those loveless marriages

I plan on both getting a new last name, to start our own lineage.

>The last name will be my choice tho.

>Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau
Yes.

kek

This is what really matters.

That said unless shes like a legit doctor or congresswoman i see no reason shed keep hers

Hell no.

What if you have two kids and give one your last name and the other your wives' last name?

yeah if she didnt have a middle name

the most retarded shit ever

If it sounds cool then sure I guess.

Then youre a fucking floormat and a cuck

i'm ok with that

but their is no way, i'd let her hyphenate my name onto hers

also the children will all have my surname.

yes

I'd prefer not, as to consecrate my domination over her, and as a testament to my lineage as a family which she becomes a part of. She becomes part of my house.

My ex-fiancee tried to get me to take hers. I strongly considered it because I've never cared for mine and since my both my sisters took their husband's last names and my dad/grandpa were both pieces of shit I thought it a good way of getting back at them but ultimately decided against it.

We broke up 3 months before the wedding but I'm glad I never went through with it. I do know one guy though who took his wife's last name and they're pretty happy. Which is even more odd cause he's a an ex-ranger with like 30 confirmed kills between 2002-2006 and the furthest from a cuck I know.

>Not making a new badass last name and beginning a new legacy on your own accord

It's like you plebs WANT your lives to be pathetic.

Nope. If you don't pass on your family name, you're a cuck.

Furthermore, what do people who hyphenate last names expect their children to do when they get married? Have 3+ surnames?

>three generations down the line
>collecting surnames like pokemon

Fuck no.

>Getting lineage-cucked by ancestors
>Not being alpha enough to be the patriarch of a new lineage
>Being this much of a cuck

Nope.

That's a dealbreaker. No hyphens, no keeping maiden names. She has to take my name or the wedding's off.

Of course, my girlfriend is on board with it.

My wife kept her name. The kids have my name.

I'm content.

They need to ditch common last names like miller.

yes

My kids have my name. So does my wife, legally. But for her work she uses her maiden name (she's an academic).

I think your spell check misspelled cucked there buddy

A girl saying she wouldn't take my last name, or wants some stupid hyphenated bullshit is an immediate deal breaker. Instantly makes them unmarriable.

Any guy that accepts her not taking his name is an ultra-cuck of the highest order.

My last name is literally cuck, what do I do?

thats cuckd m8

>your kids

Are you sure about that?

>Not taking your wife's son name instead.

Nope. If she's not willing to be apart of my family, then i'm not willing to marry her.

>I'm content.

no you're not. you're slightly annoyed but not annoyed enough to push the nuke button over it.

but what you are DEFINITELY not is content. if she had your last name you'd be truly content with that situation. and only then. don't lie to yourself. that is some of the classic burger denial that this board has gotten to know so well.

I'm going to take my fiances last name just to piss people off

My wife and I both changed our surnames to a new one

Your legacy will still continue if your children have your last name you dipshit.

spbp

After a certain point this last name bullshit is just not practical. Choosing one last name and sticking with it is the pragmatic solution.

although I don't care that much, I have an amazing last name and she seems to want to get bleached so I suspect she will want to.

She not allowed to speak before being spoken to and is not even allowed to wear panties. What are you talking about? She's a woman! She is mine! Hence my name.

Sounds cool, tell us your new last name, i'm curious

no

No. That would be a deal breaker for me. Hell, if she even brought it up it would be over.

Free Union.

If I was a faggot, then yes

This would be cool if I didn't have a good amount of pride in my last name to begin with.

What's stopping all of your sons and all of their sons and so on doing this? It'd be a one generation lineage.

I'd allow it if the first and potential last name sounded awful together. Like, once I dated a girl whose name's second syllable happened to be the same as the second syllable of my last name, and it would have been pretty ridiculous-sounding put together.

As others have said, the kids definitely get my last name, though.

No. I told my wife she is taking my name.

As for her son, he can call himself whatever he wants.

fuck that's so easy

Yes.
My wife's full name would sound like shit if she took my last name.

Basically this, though more for the fact that it implies she wants to be a stronk independent womyn than the value of the name itself.

I recently finished remodeling a guys home. Over a period of several weeks I came to know and respect this guy. Final payment is with a check with his wife's hyphenated name on it.

>Lose all respect
>now his loser son makes more sense
>assume everyone is a cuck from now on until they can prove otherwise

No, don't ever do this. You are expected to do so much for a woman, so if a woman will not do this simple thing then toss her in the trash.

If she won't take your name then she will never truly be yours.

No.

I dont even necessarily care for legacy (though I basically do), it's just fundamentally a cuck move and every woman is going to feel that subconsciously. It would set an undesirable tone to the rest of the marriage.

when i marry by bf we're taking my name bc his is "adams" which is way less cool than mine

Being a Ranger doesn't make you not a cuck, all types of people become Rangers - it's one of the bigger myths perpetuated by media in that 'tough guys' are dudes with tattoos on motorcycles. There are all types of people in the Regiment, some drive a Prius, some ride a bicycle, some have monster trucks.

They're just all really good at killing people and not giving a shit about it. One of my Ranger buddies is a huge HRC shill and is bluepilled as fuck. The guy was a goose gunner and used to melt motherfuckers with TB rounds, it was hilarious.

on latin america all girls kept their last names

Outside of work, does she hyphenate?

Depends on who has the cooler last name.

Considering I'm the only son of an only son of an only son of an only son, with a strong traditionally spelled German last name that denotes wealth and intelligence, that's going to be hard to do.

lol i don't give a fuck, and neither does my girlfriend, we ain't even married but we live together since the third day weve known each other and are now having our second kid, nobody even cares about the fuckin marriage because we know its going to last, weve slept in the same bed for 4 years straight and only everyone else is trying to push the marriage thing.
marriage is irrelevant.
names are fucking irrelevant (kids have mine).

yes, its tradition. And we're still less cucked than the anglosphere

whats the name

Unless in a very rare case the name sounds silly, one case was a girl 'Emily' kept her name cause he husbands surname was Lee and Emily Lee didnt work too well.

Beside that there is no reason the wife shouldnt take the husbands name unless she doesnt want to fully commit. Thats when problems will eventually emerge

nica

Any female I'd marry wouldn't even consider keeping her name.

I think they should take one or the other but the kids, if any, should take the fathers name always.

None of this hyphenated bullshit, or him taking hers. A man is proposing to keep you safe, provide for you and take care of your offspring. The least you can do is take his name.

>we ain't even married but we live together since the third day weve known each other and are now having our second kid, nobody even cares about the fuckin marriage because we know its going to last

So this is what Chavs are

>puerto rican girls are known for being the second most aggressive towards men after black girls
>"we are less cucked ese my woman only comes at me with a knife when she sees me looking at other women"

>muh german heritage

You are so gay

Then your kids will stantly grow up with the "oh, thats your sister/brother? But you dont have the same ladt name!"

No, mate, we're Eastern Europeans. I'm not sure why I put on my chav tone to be honest.

Bydlo, chav. Same thing in the end.

>not being a European noble

Nope and she can't hyphenate it either. If she expects me to keep the tradition of proposing to her than she keeps the tradition of taking my last name

Change It

I insist on it.

Why would his wife's son carry his last name?

Uh huh.

She wouldn't be my wife if she wanted to keep her name, she'd be my ex.

No. My wife and my children took my name. I explicitly said that it's a deal-breaker.

I got my way.

sure, but thats because i hate my dad